• Published 13th Apr 2016
  • 3,943 Views, 25 Comments

The Little Pony Legend: Friendship Games - MaggiesHeartLove



Team Avatar takes a trip to Canterlot High and help Sunset Shimmer and the gang in preparations for the Friendship Games. But, not everything is as it appears to be.

  • ...
12
 25
 3,943

Friendship Games

*(~)*

Galatians 5:16-25~

"I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit."

*(~)*

Friendship Games

She ran as fast as her feet could take her. If she could get down on all fours again this would have been faster. But, patience was something she was still learning to master. Her boots hit against the ground, fallen leaves danced around her ankles as she passed. She needed to get there as fast as she could. There was no time to waste. At last, she arrived. A smile appeared on her face once she saw the stone statue of the majestic horse. She saw more of her friends arrive by the small stairs that led to the opening of their school. She panted as she came to a slow stop.

"I got your text, Rainbow Dash! Did something come through the portal? Is Equestrian magic on the loose? Did Korra and Twilight come back with a problem that only we can solve?!"

"Has a giant cake monster covered all the cakes in the world in cake?!" the hyperactive girl with pink skin and pink hair held two cupcakes in her hands, her big blue eyes sparkling before she placed both pastries in her mouth and swallowed them whole in just one gulp.

"Um, not exactly." said the rainbow haired girl, who was the one who sent the distress call to all of her companions. Only, it wasn't the kind of trouble they had expected.

"Uh, I don't understand." said the girl with red and yellow hair, giving it a flame-like appearance.

This was Sunset Shimmer, a dear close friend of the Princesses of Friendship. Not too long ago, she was a ruthless and power-hungry woman with a lust for power who stole the magical crown from Princess Twilight Sparkle. However, her plans did not go as she expected when the crown sensed the darkness in her heart and brought it all out to the surface, turning into a true monster. Only by the power of friendship did she see the error of her ways and was forgiven for her sins. She had come a long way since then, she now had friends, was more compassionate and caring than she ever was, and finally found a place where she belonged. Yet, she still struggled with discovering what her true purpose would be. She knew she needed to learn about friendship, yet she was still uncertain what her true purpose was. She knew she would have to have obtained a high amount of wisdom before she could do what she is meant to do, she knew deep down she was meant for something, yet she wasn't entirely certain as of yet.

Today, however, was not going to be as epic and life changing as she had anticipated when the blond girl, Applejack, spoke up in her southern accent. "Well, Sunset, I was just tellin' Rainbow Dash here that a broken guitar string doesn't really qualify as an emergency."

"It totally does!" Rainbow Dash said in defense, holding her electric guitar close to her chest.

The purple haired, white skinned girl, Rarity, rolled her eyes, "Really, Rainbow Dash! I was in the middle of sewing a very complex appliqué on my latest frock." she said while adjusting the cuisine pin on her wrist and the roll of measuring tape around her neck.

The other girl, Fluttershy, held her pet bunny closer, "And I was just about to tuck everyone in for the night at the shelter. Now we'll have to start stories all over again."

"Why would you send all of us an emergency text for a guitar string?" Sunset asked in annoyance.

Rainbow gestured to three thirteen-year-old girls sitting on the stairs; Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, who all waved and smiled, "Well, I was going to pony up and show our fans some awesome guitar licks, but I kinda need all six strings to do it. Got any extra?"

All the girls, but Rainbow Dash, groaned in annoyance. Sunset Shimmer rummaged through her backpack and pulled out an extra guitar string. She knew how to play guitar just as good as Rainbow Dash. Something she picked up form her ex-boyfriend Flash Sentry. She may not have been interested in him romantically, no matter how handsome he was, that didn't mean all her time with him was wasted. They were on very good terms, but she knew he was meant to find somebody else, which she maturely accepted.

She handed her friend the extra string, "Here. But everyone finished practicing for the day. I'm pretty sure all the music rooms are locked."

"No problem. The acoustics in the hallway are perfect for power chords." Rainbow flashed them a bright shinny smiled as she strung on her instrument, making Sunset smiled but shake her head. "C'mon! Let's go!"

"You comin', Sunset?" Applejack asked once all the others walked into the building.

"I'll catch up in a bit." Sunset Shimmer sat down on the stairs and pulled out a brown book with an image on the cover. It was a yin and yang symbol, colored in the same as her hair, with a run symbol around it. It was the cutie mark she once had as a pony back in Equestria. She was always such a talented pony unicorn back then, if only she had not chosen power over friendship. But that was the past and she made a vow never to look back and allow it to keep her from moving forward into the future. Opening the book and taking out a pen she began writing on the blank pages, sending a message to her friends.

"Dear Princess Twilight and Princess Korra, how's life treating you? Any cool new magic spells? It's been pretty quiet here at CHS since the Battle of the Bands and I've been practicing my friebending. I've gotten pretty good, though it's hard when you try to keep them on the down low from anybody who doesn't go to CHS." she snapped her fingers, creating a small flame, smiling as she gazed at the beauty of the element before presuming to write, "We still pony up when we play music, which Rainbow Dash just loves to show off. But I still can't quite grasp what it's all about. I would love to hear what you think about it when you get a sec. Your friend, Sunset Shimmer."

Meanwhile, back in Equestria, more specifically the Friendship castle, Twilight Sparkle heard vibrating coming from one of the shelves of her library. Levitating the book she opened it and smiled when she received a message from her dear old friend. She really did miss her. She levitated a quill and wrote a response.

"Dear Sunset Shimmer, things are going pretty good on our end. You would not believe the stuff that's been going on lately. My castle has a magical map that summons us to any place in Equestria to solve a friendship problem. So far, I haven't been on many of those missions since it seems to summon only the ponies and humans necessary for the task. I guess there are some things you just can't easily explain, which is what I must say about our friends ponying up when you play. I'm not entirely sure what it means, but I'm sure the answers will come when you least expect it. Do you have some time right now? I'd love to keep this conversation going. I've had plenty of free time on my hooves."

Sunset smiled at the response, she would be more than happy to keep on talking. But while they chatted a buss stopped in front of the school. Sunset didn't think much of it, since it was most likely dropping off a student or somebody who needed to walk by a high school to get to where they were going. But, because of her obliviousness, the stranger who exited the vehicle walked on over towards the school. She wore a hood jacket that covered her entire head and wore a pair of sunglasses, long genes and sneakers. She carried some strange remote control-like object in her hands, which would be similar to something the eccentric Varrick would create. Turning the nob on the side, the contraption beeped, the radar signaling that there was some very peculiar energy around this place. The stranger stopped in front of the horse statue, moving her device up and down in front of the large pedestal…which was the portal to Equestria.

Princess Twilight's ears perked up when she heard something coming from the other room. It was where she kept the magical mirror to which she could travel from the two worlds at ease. She noticed that the glass was glowing a strange purple. Twilight quickly wrote down to Sunset if something was wrong with the portal. This immediately got her attention and she looked up form her boot, seeing the stranger place her hand right on the surface of where the portal was located, causing a ripple effect on the surface which Twilight could see from her end. She could see some kind of image on the surface. It looked like a hand. Was somebody trying to come through? Curiously, Twilight rose up her hoof, placing it right where the hand was.

"Hey! What are you doing?!"

The stranger turned around when she heard Sunset calling out to her. At the same time, the reaction caused something in the mirror to throw Twilight back and roll down onto her castle floor. The stranger ran off as fast as she could with Sunset running after her.

"Wait! Stop!" she cried out, but the stranger did not comply. She ran across the street but Sunset stopped due to a car coming her way and had to real herself back. The stranger came to a sliding halt and immediately jumped into the next buss that came by, heading in the opposite direction from where the one that left her was going. Sunset arrived too late for the buss was already well on its way. With the stranger inside.

"Who was that?"

Twilight shook her body and stood up, gasping once she witnessed the strange occurrence in the mirror. It was rippling and lowing purple, shooting strange magenta lightning that didn't seem to hit anything and was appearing and reappearing in seconds. She tried to approach the mirror, but she couldn't. It was as if it was preventing her from crossing over or ever trying to.

"What's going on?" she asked. She knew this was a mystery she couldn't solve alone.

Meanwhile, once she knew she was out of trouble, the stranger removed her hood revealing her face. Despite her bun and glasses her face…looked exactly like a certain alicorn princess.

A new chapter has begun, and two worlds will never be the same again.

(~)

MaggiesHeartLove Presents:

Ahhh-ahhh...

Ahhh-ahhh...

Based on the stories and characters by

Lauren Faust

Bryan Kinietzko

and Michael DiMartino

Na, na, na-na-na, oh

Ha!

Ahhh-ahhh...

The Friendship Games!

*(~)*

The Little Pony Legend: The Friendship Games

*(~)*

We've come this far

And we're not goin' back (No way!)

Prepare yourself

Cause we're on the attack (Attack!)

Won't have to find us

We'll be trackin' you down (Right now!)

And when we're finished

We'll be takin' the crown

All the way (all the way)

All the way to the Friendship Games

Na, na, na-na-na, oh

Na, na, let's go!

All the way (all the way)

All the way to the Friendship Games

Na, na, na-na-na, oh

Na, na, let's go!

Hey! Ho!

Hey! Let's go!

…………..

Starring:

Tara Strong as Twilight Sparkle

Rebecca Shoichet as Sunset Shimmer

………….

Rainbow Dash;

We studied hard

And we're here to win

All:

Whoa-oh

Applejack;

We're only tellin' you once

…………..

Ashleigh Ball as Rainbow Dash and Applejack

Andrea Libman as Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy

………….

Sunset Shimmer;

Our magic comes from the inside out

Main six;

What you see's what you get

Don't you ever forget

…………..

Tabitha St. Germain as Rarity

Cathy Weseluck as Spike the dog

………….

All;

All the way (all the way)

All the way to the Friendship Games

Na, na, na-na-na, oh

Na, na, let's go!

…………..

Janet Varney as Avatar Korra

David Fautisno as Mako

………….

All the way (all the way)

All the way to the Friendship Games

Na, na, na-na-na, oh

Na, na, let's go!

…………..

P.J Byrne as Bolin

Seychelle Gabriel as Asami Sato

………….

Na, na, na-na-na, oh

Na, na, let's go!

Na, na, na-na-na, oh

Na, na, let's go!

Na, na, na-na-na, oh

Na, na, let's go!

*(~)*