• Published 13th Apr 2016
  • 3,946 Views, 25 Comments

The Little Pony Legend: Friendship Games - MaggiesHeartLove



Team Avatar takes a trip to Canterlot High and help Sunset Shimmer and the gang in preparations for the Friendship Games. But, not everything is as it appears to be.

  • ...
12
 25
 3,946

A magical mystery

A magical mystery

"I can't believe our world's Twilight goes to Crystal Prep!" Rarity said, basically voicing out everyone's thoughts right now. The whole group walked down the hallways, still in a state of disbelief at knowing that there was another Twilight in this world. And she was nothing like the Twilight they knew.

"So does this mean Twilight', or the other Twilight, is gonna play against us?" Bolin asked, not even believing the very words that came out of his mouth.

Rainbow Dash shook her head and scoffed, "She'd never do that!"

"Our Twilight wouldn't." Asami stated.

"Our Twilight is still in Equestria and that girl is nothing like her!" Korra suddenly snapped, stoping in place. She quickly sighed, "Sorry. I haven't been feeling so good recently."

Mako gently placed a hand on her forehead, sensing she had somewhat of a fever, but she didn't look drowsy or exhausted.

"You look okay to me." said Rainbow Dash.

"It's not like that, Rainbow." Mako explained, "Korra has a sensitivity towards magical occurrences. Sometimes they're manifested in a dream or a vision. Other times they can effect her mood and health. I think it had something to do with that sound she heard before."

"I still didn't hear anything." Rarity said.

Korra lowered her ears sadly, "I'm sorry I still haven't figured out what all this magic stuff means. If Twilight was here--"

"If Twilight were here, we would have already figured out why magic is randomly popping up during pep rallies and costume changes! We can't do this alone, need both of you!" Sunset Shimmer exclaimed, rather angrily, but not at Korra. The firebender sighed sadly, "Sorry. I'm just frustrated we haven't figured this out yet."

Korra placed a hand on her friend's shoulder, showing there was no hard feelings. "Don't worry. You're a firebender, those kind of outburst are normal."

"I thought it was just these human hormones I got when I first came here."

"That too. Being a firepower teen is not an easy rode, believe me."

"I'm just worried, the magic might cost us the games and it'll all be because of me."

"Darling, I'm sure you both are doing the best you can," Rarity said, "but we shouldn't expect Korra and Twilight to solve everything that's going on. Especially if it's something as minor as a few random pony-ups."

"But they aren't minor!" Sunset stated, "Magic came into this world when I stole Twilight's crown. It's taken a lot for me to earn everyone's trust." the poor girl leaned her back against a locker, a piece of her hair slowly falling down on the side of her face, "If we have to forfeit the games because I can't think of a way to keep it under control…"

"Oh, Sunset, I'm sure you'll be able to figure things out." Fluttershy said kindly.

"She's right." said Asami, "Wasn't it you who helped everyone understand what was going on with the sirens?"

"And sang that magical power ballad that created that giant human alicorn thing to destroy them!" Bolin said, placing his fist near his mouth, pretending to be holding a microphone and singing.

"I guess. But Korra and Twilight were the ones who really figured out what we needed to defeat them."

Rarity removed the single strand of hair from Sunset's face, "Don't you remember, darling? What we needed to defeat them was you."

Korra placed her hand on Sunset's hair, "Twilight and I were too caught up in trying to solve one problem we didn't see the bigger one in front of us. You saved us, too."

Hearing these words, and feeling the love they carried with them, Sunset's confidence began to slowly build up. Maybe she should take things easier. She sighed with a smile.

"All right.--whoa!" Sunset was nearly tackled when Bolin wrapped her in a great big bear hug, practically lifting her up into the air, her feet wiggling as she tried to regain oxygen.

"That's our big girl!" Bolin lowered her back down and Sunset could finally breath again, still she very much a predicated the thought.

After that touching moment, Mako took the lead, "Come on, you guys. Let's go through one more round of practice before the games." the others followed his example and walked towards the gym. He turned around, seeing Korra and Sunset were left behind, "You girls coming?"

"We'll catch up in a bit." Korra said before taking Sunset by the shoulder and leading her outside. Mako nodded his head and returned to the others. Once outside, Korra began whispering to Sunset, "Twilight may not be able to walk through, but we can still talk to her."

"How?"

"The portal. If I place my hand on its surface I can hear from the other side. Come on."

Sunset followed the princess towards the portal, already feeling even more relieved to know that she would soon be hearing from Twilight. Maybe she could add one final piece to the puzzle. She hoped she would.

At the same time, the other Twilight felt her device humming. The corners began to lip up in a circular motion and the moving star appeared once more. She followed the glowing edge towards the statue of the majestic horse. She looked at it curiously, wondering why her device suddenly stopped right then and there. The object's lid popped open and the orb within started to glow, much to her amazement.

At the same time, Korra and Sunset were directly on the other side of the statue, opposite Twilight. "I can't guarantee any solid answers." Korra said as she lifted up her hand, ready to place it onto the surface, "But maybe--Hey!" the moment she placed her hand on the portal a ring of blue fire appeared around her hand and she couldn't break free. Her hands were stuck. "Let go!" she ordered but it was no use, it was like the portal was trying to trap her but wouldn't suck her in.

(~)

From the other side of the portal, Spike noticed something strange happening to the mirror. "Guys, look!"

Princess Twilight saw the mirror reacting. Instead of glowing magenta, it glowed a pure blue. The energy felt familiar to her but once she tried to get closer the force field pushed her away.

"What's happening?!" she wondered out loud, already feeling terrified for her friends.

(~)

Korra still struggled to break free and Sunset tried to pull her wrists out but ended up accidentally getting her hand stuck as well. A ring of golden fire surrounded her as well and she too couldn't get away. She grunted and pulled but to no avail.

From the other side of the sauté, the human Twilight's device opened up and began absorbing the energy from the pedestal. The energy was separated into two roles of colors, one was yellow and red like fire and the other was blue and white. The energies merged together, sinking its way into the device. It was so powerful Twilight couldn't contain it.

(~)

The mirror's magic was increasing, lightning spread all round the room, hitting everything in sight, the ponies and dragon all ducked in cover as the mirror went haywire, shaking the entire castle along with it. The surface glowed a powerful white and was about to explode.

"Everypony get out of the way!" at Flash's command, the Mane Six and Spike ducked in cover once the mirror released a powerful beam, engulfing the entire library in its bright light.

(~)

Korra could feel her energy draining, her legs felt weak, her arms were loosening and worse…her pony ears started to disappear! Sunset was feeling just as exhausted and the two, using the last of their strength, gave one final pull and were released from the portal's grasp. At the same time, human Twilight forcibly closed down the lid of the device, causing her to fall backwards.

Korra groaned while rubbing her head, laying on the floor like she had gone through a terrible ordeal. Twilight witnessed the poor girl, she looked so deflated it worried her. She began to wonder if the energy she had collected caused this, if so, how was that possible?

Sunset managed to keep at least some balance as she stood, her tiredness fading the moment she saw a weakened Korra on the ground. And her pony ears missing! Her eyes landed on the alternate Twilight, who looked on in confusion.

"What did you do?!" Sunset demanded to know. She needed to know what she had done to her friend and to the portal. But before Twilight could answer, Dean Cadance called her name.

"Twilight, you have to check in with the others."

Not wanting any more trouble, and not understanding the situation at all, Twilight ran off towards her other classmates. Sunset helped Korra stand but, but she leaned against the pillar, still feeling woozy.

"Korra, your ears!"

The Avatar touched her head, realizing horribly that her ears had indeed returned back to normal. But that was the least of their worries. Her hand was on the surface of the portal…and she couldn't hear any voices. Frantically, she searched the surface, looking for some kind of way to feel that ripple effect and hear her friends' voices.

"The portal! I can't find it!" she cried out in fear.

Sunset traced her hands frantically on the surface, not finding anything. "Where is it? WHERE'S THE PORTAL?!?!!?"

(~)

Once the light died down, having caused numerous books to fall off the shelves, the ponies and little dragon all shook their bodies, recovering from the impact. Twilight gasped and quickly ran towards the portal, tapping its surface.

"Korra? Korra, can you hear me? Korra?!" she frantically traced over the surface, not hearing or feeling anything from the other side.

"KORRA?!?!!?"

(~)

It was no use, the portal was gone. There was no way for them to get home now. Korra didn't feel like she had the same energy as before, her absent ears were the proof and now…her friends and family were dimensions away, who knows how or when she would ever see them again.

The young woman got down on her knees, her forehead touching the surface, her fists pounding against it as tears fell from her eyes and loud sobs came out of her mouth. Her heart shattered into a million pieces, she felt a part of her had been stripped away. Sunset felt terrible as she hugged her friend, also crying.

"I'm so sorry, Korra. This is all my fault."

"No." Korra replied, her sobs temporarily stopping, "It's not." she slowly stood up and wiped the tears from her eyes. Her eyes carried such an emotion within them that Sunset herself would be terrified by just standing next to her.

"It was that girl." she couldn't even say her name, the name she shared with her best friend. Sunset began to grow concerned with the way Korra was speaking. It didn't sound like her at all. Then again, she lost lost a big part of her life, she understood her frustration. "CHS will beat Crystal Prep, and when we do…she's giving back what she stole. If it's the last thing I do."

(~)

Mako had no idea how these things worked. All he wanted was a drink, but how was he going to get it out? He didn't have any yuans or bits on him but the cans were right there on display, so why couldn't he just grab one? Angrily, he shook the contraption in hopes one of the drinks would fall off, but to no avail.

"You don't have soda machines where you're from, do you?"

Mako spun around to see this world's counterpart of his pony brother, sending him a friendly smile.

"Not really, no." the older boy confessed, "We usually get our drinks the old fashioned way. Walk to the store and get it."

"Here, let me show you how it works." Flash took a green paper from his pocket and placed it into the machine, which apparently "ate" it. He pressed a button and the cal rolled down and appeared on a slot. Flash opened it and handed it to his new friend.

"Wow, thanks. So, you just put money in that thing and it gives you what you want?"

"Pretty much."

Mako blinked in awe, "That's…pretty cool."

Flash got his own soda can and the two boys made a toast just for fun before drinking their respected beverages. "Hey Mako, can I ask you something. Guy to guy?"

"Sure. What's on your mind?"

The younger boy scratched the back of his head nervously before replying, "Well, the thing is…there's this girl…" At the mention of this, Mako nearly chocked on his drink but swallowed it before Flash could notice. "And, I don't know how to explain it. She looked and sounds just like a girl I know, or knew, but when I look into her eyes…I feel like I'm meeting someone different. Is that weird?"

"Buddy, nothing comes up as weird to me anymore." Mako said before taking another sip.

"So, I figured since you have a girlfriend, I wanted to ask, how did you know?"

"Know what?"

"That she was…you know…the right one, I guess."

Mako sighed before tossing his now empty can away and wrapped his free arm around his friend. "Okay, first thing you need to know about women, based on my own experiences, is that when you find a girl you like, get to know her first. See how she's like on the inside and be one hundred percent honest with her."

"But will she like me?"

"You'll never know if you don't go for it. And if you really want to know if she's the one, ask yourself this; will you be willing to jump in the line of fire to save her and the people she cares about?"

Flash blinked at this, it sounded a tad extreme but at the same time…strangely romantic.

"If you are…that's how you'll know."

The blue-haired boy smiled. "Thanks, Mako. You know, you're pretty smart about girls."

"Eh, I wasn't always. Just ask Asami."

"Wait? You used to date Asami?!"

"Yep. Long time ago. But it all worked out for the best. Besides I'm happy to have her as a sister. And she makes Bolin happy, which is a bonus."

"So, it's possible to be friends with someone you had a crush on?"

"It's very possible. After all, you're still friends with my world's Twilight, right? Even though it wasn't meant to be?"

Once again, this guy showcased he was a lot smarter than he seemed. Mako liked talking to this alternate version of Flash Sentry, even though it wasn't the same one, no matter how uncanny the resemblance was. His smile faded when he spotted Korra walking by herself down the hallways. She must have been looking for him.

"Flash, could you excuse me for a sec?"

"No problem. Thanks for the advice."

Mako nodded and walked towards his girlfriend while Flash headed in the opposite direction. The young man's heart slowly began to sank at the sight of the princess's eyes. They were no sparkling or shimmering with life as they always did. They looked dim, dull, and distant. He had seen this side of Korra before and no matter how many times he did, it still depressed him every time. When it came to their relationship he had learned, the hard way, that there are numerous sides to Korra, and this side of her, more than anything, needed comfort and empathy, no matter how much it seemed she didn't. He knew she couldn't be alone right now. He was even more stunned when he realized she no longer had her pony ears but normal human ones.

"Korra? What happened? Your ears!"

She closed her eyes shut, unable to get the words out, and began crying on Mako's chest like she had just lost someone dear to her. This was more serious than he realized.

"The portal." she said between sobs, "It's gone!"

"What do you mean gone?"

She stepped away a few feet, lashing out her frustration, even though it wasn't directly at him. "I mean it's gone! It's closed. It's not there anymore!"

Now it was Mako's turn to get worried, "How did this happen?"

"All I do know is that girl had something to do with it!"

"Who? Twili--?"

"Don't call her that!" Korra snapped, but Mako did not lash back. She was far too hurt right now.

"What did she do?" Mako asked, placing his arms around her for comfort. Much like her, he was beginning to grow terrified of never going back home to their family.

"Sunset and I were at the portal to try and reach Twilight, but then I felt my magic being taken away. I could barely move and the portal was gone. She was there, her pendant was glowing."

"You think she stole the portal's magic and yours?"

"What other explanation could there be?! The question is, why would she do this?!" tears rolled down from her eyes as he held her close. He always hatted seeing her this upset, and he could understand why.

"It's going to be okay, we'll figure this out." he placed his hands on her shoulder, looking directly into her eyes with firmness but compassion while wiping away her tears, "We'll keep a close eye on that Tw--girl, and we'll find out what she's done. But promise me you won't do anything brash. I understand you're really angry and hurt right now, I am too, but we still don't know if what she's doing is intentional or not. We need to know more before we start pointing fingers and we can't risk exposing ourselves with these Crystal Prep kids around. Okay?"

As always, Mako was being his rational and concerned self. He knew her as well as any of the Mane Six did. Once before, she would have been too stubborn and angry to listen, but she wasn't going to let her emotions cloud her judgment again. She was still upset and uncertain to trust this alternate Twilight, but maybe she should think rationally in order to figure out what's really going on. She wiped away what remained of her tears and nodded. Mako smiled and wrapped his arms around her in a comforting embrace. If she had to go through this ordeal with anyone, she was so thankful it was him.

Suddenly, she realized his body was glowing…literally!

The two parted and Mako took notice of this phenomenon as well. Above his head the pony ears from before emerged. Korra was jaw dropped stunned by this transformation. Mako was just as stunned.

"Okay, no idea how that happened!"

Things got worse when they heard the sound of laughing. Two Crystal Prep students were heading their way. Thinking fast, Korra spotted the janitor's closet and shoved Mako inside before closing it behind her and leaned her back against it, acting casual. She politely waved to the students.

"Hey, what's up?"

The two only kept their noses up high, being the snobby teens that they were. Despite feeling annoyed, Korra was more relieved they didn't see that just now. She wiped away a bit of her sweat and opened the door, Mako fell out of the closet with a bucket on his head.

"So much for keeping a low profile." he said while straining to stand up, his legs somewhat tangled in a mop. Korra helped him stand up and removed the bucket, revealing the pony ears were now gone.

"Sorry about that."

"It's okay. But what just happened?" Mako asked.

"Magic around here is trickier than I thought. But you were right, we can't get ahead of ourselves. We need to keep a close eye on you-know-who while try and keep the magic that's left under control while also helping a group of high school students win a competition against their spoiled bratty arch rivals."

The two blinked simultaneously.

"You know, compared to everything we've been through that sounds somewhat anti-climactic." Mako stated.

"I know, right?"

(~)

At the gym, the school held a welcome party for the students at Crystal Prep. It was a simple gathering, meant to have the two schools get along. Flash met up with his friends and teammates, Lyra and Bon Bon, and were attempting to have a little small talk with some of the students. The three smiled at one of their competitors, Sour Sweet, who smiled back. Maybe the games wouldn't be so bad after all, if these students were so nice and friendly. Maybe things had changed in the past four years. They soon changed their mind when Sour Sweet, living up to her name, crumpled the paper cup she was holding and stomped it down with her foot. The three CHS students narrowed their eyes at the gesture but remained silent. They tried to be nice but it was clear to see these kids were not interested in socializing. All they cared about was the trophy. It was actually quite sad the more they thought about it, at least CHS students had fun on their competitions.

The Rainbooms and Team Avatar walked into the gym. Rarity had designed he girls some lovely outfits for the occasion. Sunset's was a pink magenta shirt with short rounded sleeves and a matching skirt with a black transparent lace underneath and matching shoes. Her skirt and shirt had imprints of her former cutie mark on them.

Applejack wore a country outfit consisting of a white shirt, brown country jacket, a brown belt with a green-yellow apple buckle, long dark brown leggings and ankle length country boots with green laces around the ankles.

Rainbow Dash wore a blue jacket with a hight white collar with red and yellow stripes, a green shirt and a blue skirt with yellow strikes on the side and blue sneakers.

Rarity wore a blue dress with a dark blue ribbon and divided skirt, one side with ruffles the other decorated with diamond prints and a ruffled buckling and sleeves.

Fluttershy's was green with butterfly prints and matching shoes and Pinkie Pie wore a blue outfit with a blue tie, a darker blue shirt over blue leggings that reached a few inches bellow her knees and pink high heel shoes with ballon buttons on them, as well as balloons on her skirt.

Team Avatar, as the coaches, wore more presentable and formal clothing. Korra's was a short sleeved dark blue jacket, similar to that or Principal Celestia's, with white outlines, long black pants and dark blue boots. Mako wore a closed up jacket, similar to his previous one, with a fire-like pin and black pants with matching shoes. Bolin wore a green sweater vest and black tie while Asami wore the same jacket but with a red shirt and white pants with the same boots. Pabu and Naga remained out of sight underneath the bleachers. Pabu managed to snatch up some food from the table and brought it back to Naga. Spike managed to find his was underneath the stands as well and found his new friends. They happily shared their treats with him.

Team Avatar stood near a corner, keeping an eye on anything suspicious or out of the ordinary. However, what they found next was not precisely suspicious, but certainly got their attention.

"You four must be the CHS couches, aren't you?" a voice asked. An oh too familiar voice at that.

The four teen's eyes widened in horror. "Please don't tell me…" Korra prayed to herself. Sadly, that prayer was not answered. She turned her head and saw the two men, brothers to be precise, who were clearly the coaches for Crystal Prep Academy.

"The Flim Flam Brothers."

It was the human counterparts of Flim and Flam, the twin unicorn ponies who tried to run Sweet Apple Acres out of business. Twice! They both had the same identical pale yellow tone, green eyes and red and white hair, only difference was that one had a mustache. They both wore Crystal Prep jerseys.

"You must be the Crystal Prep coaches." Korra concluded with disinterest in her voice, "The ones who were suppose to train the CHS students."

"We got a better offer, my dear." Flim said.

"An offer we couldn't refuse." said Flam, "I see CHS was desperate enough to hire college students to take our place." he wiggled his eyebrows in front of Asami, who scorned in his direction.

Bolin stepped up to the two, "For your information, our kids are gonna wipe the floor with yours. Sure, your team may have good grades, and shinny teeth and are supper athletic and determined to win at any cost, but there's one thing you don't have, and that's Wondercolt Spirit!"

The brothers only laughed at this, "My boy, you need to get your head out of those clouds and back down to earth where it belongs." said Flam while ruffling an annoyed Bolin's hair.

"That's right, brother! You kids are helping a lost cause. Whatever CHS is paying you it's not enough."

"At least we don't need money to make us feel good about ourselves, unlike you two who try desperately to fill up that thirst for value because you're not good at anything else."

The brothers's eyes widened at Korra's blunt and incredibly forward response. Even if they would never admit it, she hit the nail on the head. The men began to sweat nervously and tried to think of another comeback to say, but this woman's stern glare was enough to make them shut up. They walked away, wiping the sweat from their brows as they did, and the four teens high fived one another in victory. That would show Crystal Prep that CHS was a school to be reckoned with.

Meanwhile, Sunset caught sight of the alternative Twilight, who was apparently searching for something, looking down at the device around her neck. She was so enwrapped in her search she kept bumping into pretty much anything, like balloons and her fellow students. She collided with Indigo Zap, causing her to drop her drink, and she nervously walked away from the angry tomboy.

The rest of the Rainbooms saw what Twilight was doing, already aware of what happened to the portal and that this girl was the prime suspect.

"What in tarnation is she up to?" Applejack asked.

"Leave this to me." Sunset walked up to the alternate version of her friend, who was still searching for something. With the Rainbooms behind her she spoke up and got her attention. "Twilight, what have you been up to?"

"Me? Oh, I was just—"

"Who wants to know?!" Indigo Zap pointed an accusing finger at Sunset Shimmer, sounding like she was all that, which in her own mind's eyes she was.

"Um, we do." Rainbow Dash responded, smiling cockily and making Indigo back up only slightly, glaring and snarling at her competitor.

Applejack came in between the two, placing a hand on Indigo's shoulder and her arm around Rainbow Dash. "Alright, everyone. Let's not get too competitive before the games start."

"The games aren't really competitive since we've never lost." said Sugarcoat, stating the obvious.

"That's not a very nice thing to say." said Fluttershy.

Sunny Flare flicked her wrist, swaying her hips confidently, "Sorry, dearie, but these games aren't about being nice."

"Well, you might use a little tact." Rarity said with a flip of her mane.

The games had not even started and everyone was already getting into arguments. Twilight slowly backed away, only to bump into a certain pink haired girl. So far, she was the first one to greet her with a smile, aside from Flash Sentry of course.

"Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie!" she offered her hand to the shy girl.

"Oh, hi. I'm Twilight." her hair and glasses fell from place after Pinkie's incredibly powerful handshake.

"I know. You look just like my friend. Her name is Twilight too."

"That's…weird." Twilight said while placing her hair into a bun once more.

"What's that?" Pinkie asked, pointing at the pendent around Twilight's neck.

"It's sort of a spectrometer. I built it to track EM frequencies, but it can also contain anomalies." she explained…to which Pinkie only tilted her head slightly while still smiling. She wasn't much of a science-speak kind of gal, and Twilight figured as much. "It measures things." she paraphrased.

"Like the party?"

"Yeah, but it doesn't look like much of a party to me." Twilight gestured to the entire room, while there was music playing, nobody was really having any actual fun.

"I know. Something is definitely missing." Pinkie thought for a moment before suddenly dragging the human Twilight by the arm, "Come on!"

"Aah!"

While Twilight was being forcibly dragged aside, Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna appeared on stage. The older sister spoke to the students via microphone. "Hello, everyone! I'd like to take this opportunity to greet all of our students at Crystal Prep Academy and welcome them to CHS."

Twilight struggled as she helped Pinkie Pie push what appeared to be some kind of large presents with are ribbons. "What in the world is in these things?"

"Party cannons, of course!"

Twilight arched an eyebrow. Why would a teenage girl need party cannons for?

Principal Celestia continued her speech, addressing to the twelve students who would represent their school. "And lastly, I would like to recognize the twelve students that CHS has elected to compete. I don't think we could have chosen a better group to represent the excellence, sportsmanship, and friendship the games stand for." the Rainbooms, who were six of the twelve representatives, smiled awkwardly at everyone. "And I especially want to thank our coaches, for being such strong but encouraging mentors, I don't think I have ever seen a more determined group." Team Avatar smiled and waved while the Flim Flam brothers sneered enviously by a corner.

Pinkie Pie began working her own form of magic on the party. First, she replaced the boring party snacks with deliciously colorful cupcakes, much to the surprise of various students, she shut down the main lights, darkening the gym, which gave enough light for the grand disco ball she, somehow, managed to place, along with various colorful streamers. She appeared upside-down to Vinyl Scratch and handed her a CD before zipping away. Vinyl placed the track and the entire stadium filled with the most upbeat tench music they had ever heard. Students of Crystal Prep smiled as did the CHS students. They finally found something in common they could all enjoy.

Team Avatar observed and knew exactly who was the mastermind behind all of this. Their Pinkie Pie was always able to bring folks together with her parties and enjoyable attitude, and this world's Pinkie Pie was no different.

It didn't take long for students from both schools to start talking with one another, and they didn't need to be sarcastic. They were simply being friendly, sharing the snacks and dancing to the same music. This was a time to have fun, so why not forget the competition for a moment and make the most of right now?

Pinkie Pie tossed away the two giant presents, revealing her party cannons. Twilight was a tad surprised, and concerned about these things. Normally, cannons aren't considered a good thing.

"Um, are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Absolutely!"

The two canons exploded with confetti, streamers and more, decorating the entire gym, landing on the walls and falling all around the students. Twilight was pushed away by the impact of the cannons, but none the less she was impressed with how quickly this party came together. Team Avatar got down on the dance floor, Korra with Mako and Bolin with Asami, dancing alongside the students. Despite what was happening, at least they could enjoy a few moments of joy. Besides, how could they not be happy seeing so much harmony in one room? This was enough to lift up their spirits and have hope they could get back home.

Pinkie Pie felt so happy seeing so many smiles. Smiles were what she lived more. Her heart bursted with joy and happiness as her body started to glow a bright pink. Pony ears grew on her head and her hair extended, looking like a tail while her entire body levitated upwards.

"Ooh, floaty!"

Twilight's device began humming once more, and this time it did not only beep and glow, but was even levitating on its own. This was incredibly new since Twilight didn't program it to do that. It was like a hungry dog searching for food. And it was hungry again. The lid opened once more and pink energy began sinking into it.

Pinkie Pie suddenly didn't feel too well. In fact, she felt exhausted. Her body lowered down and her pony features disappeared. She felt so delirious she leaned against the wall, practically faint.

"Oh. I am party pooped."

Meanwhile, even though she didn't have her pony ears anymore, Korra could hear that noise again. Her guard went back up and she followed to where the sound was coming from. She caught a glimpse of a pink glowing aura moving like a phantom near the bleachers.

Once it had the energy, Twilight's device released some kind of small little lightning underneath the bleachers. She looked through and gasped when she saw a small little purple speck suddenly expand to reveal some kind of portal-like rift, showcasing some strange looking forest unlike anything she had ever seen. It looked like something straight out of a fairytale. Twilight had no idea what was going on, all she knew was that she didn't understand this. She quickly closed her device and the portal closed, disappearing once and for all.

"What are you doing?"

Twilight jolted up when she heard one of CHS's coaches speak to her. She was the tall and athletic looking with vibrant blue eyes that seemed to burn right into her very soul. Korra stared at the girl's pendant, seeing the purple star disappear and the object shut itself off. She heard a tired sigh and saw Pinkie Pie looking completely deflated, just like Rarity did. Her eyes narrowed at the young girl, who quivered in fear at the sight of her. Korra promised she wouldn't do anything brash, and she wouldn't, but something needed to be done about this.

She gained up on the child, speaking in a low but still threatening tone, "Look, I promise I'm not going to hurt you, but I am not in a good state right now, so if you know anything of what's going on you better start talking. Now!"

"I…I don't--"

The sound of thumping on a microphone and lights turning on made the party come to a forceful halt. The music stopped and all eyes fell onto the stage, where Principal Cinch stood.

"I'd like to thank Principal Celestia for her unconventional welcome." she spoke. "It's been four years since the last Friendship Games, but it feels as though nothing has changed. Canterlot High continues to pick its competitors in a popularity contest and Crystal Prep continues to field its top twelve students."

While she spoke, her students left what they were doing, which was mingling with the CHS students, and returned to their place. With their own kind. The harmony they once had was now gone because of this woman's cold worlds.

"It is a comfort to know that even after so many years of losses, your school remains to committed to its ideals, however misguided they may be. I wish you all the best of luck, regardless of the inevitable outcome."

Korra turned back to Twilight, who was already gone. She quickly rushed towards Pinkie Pie and helped her towards her friends. The poor girl still felt woozy as she was led back to her friends.

"I'm sorry, Pinkie." said Applejack, "I thought your party additions were really swell."

"Definitely broke the ice." said Fluttershy.

"Yes. If only that Principal Cinch hadn't frozen it again." Rarity said, feeling disappointed in the loss.

"Yeah, she's awful." Pinkie Pie, still sounding tired to the bone.

"Pinkie, what happened to you?" Mako asked with concern while touching her forehead to see if she was coming down with something.

"I dunno. Everyone started having fun after Twilight and I fired the party cannons and I ponied up."

"Of course you did." Sunset rolled her eyes, no longer being that surprised that this would happen.

"But then the magic just drained right out of me."

"Wait, what do you mean "drained out of you"?" Sunset asked.

"The same way it drained out of Rarity." Korra explained, "It happened right after I heard that sound again. And what a coincidence that other Twilight was there at the exact same time."

"Hey. Where is that other Twilight?" Asami asked, looking around the gym.

"Oh. She's right…" Pinkie looked around as well, not seeing where the girl was, "Uh, well, she was right here."

Unbeknownst to them, Twilight silently made her way towards the exit, not wanting to deal with any of these angry people. What she didn't know was that there was somebody watching her.

(~)

Once outside, with Spike behind her, Twilight heard a familiar voice call her name. A voice that made her heart skip a beat and her face blush.

"Twilight, where are you going?"

"Oh--uh, hi, Flash. I was just, uh, well, you see--" she stopped on her tracks when she took notice of something sticking out from the pocket of his jacket. The words printed on looked very familiar. She squinted her eyes, recognizing the typography and gasped with glee. "No way! Is that Sapphire Shore's new album?!"

"Hu? Oh, yeah." Flash took the city out of his pocket and showed it to his new friend, "I just got it. Are you a fan?"

"Are you kidding? I have all of her CDs! I listen to them while I work!"

"You like music, then?"

"I love it! I just really admire how people can connivery such deep and fervent emotions into a seamless amalgam of words and a beat that I just can't resist singing along! Oh, sometimes I wish I had the same courage as--" Twilight stopped herself once she realized she had said too much. "Never mind."

"No, it's fine. I totally get you. That's exactly how I feel when I write songs."

"That's right, you had a guitar the last time I saw you."

"Do you play an instrument?"

"Only piano. My parents thought it would be more appropriate."

"Do you sing too?"

"Do I what?"

"Sing. Something tells me you have an amazing voice."

Twilight couldn't stop the blush from creeping up on her face as she adjusted her glasses, "Oh, well, no I don't think I'm that good. I do like to sing but never in public."

Flash took out some paper from his pocket and unfolded it, "Hey, I've been working on a new song but been having a hard time trying to finish it. Care to help me out?"

"I don't think I'm the right person for writing songs."

"Have you ever tried?"

Bitting her bottom lip Twilight tried to think of what she should do. Should she go with him? He was on the rival team, what would her teammates say? Worse, what would Cinch say? Then again, who else needed to know? She didn't know how or why, but she suddenly felt both scared and excited at the same time.

(~)

"Come on, we're almost there." Flash led Twilight, and Spike, to one of his favorite spots in school.

"You sure we should be here?"

"Don't worry, you'll love it." he offered her his hand and she climbed out into the open. Her eyes widened at the sight before her.

The two stood on the very roof of Canterlot High, overlooking the small town overhead. In the far off, she could see mountains and birds soaring above. At times, she envied their freedom. This was truly a spectacular sight to behold. The wind blew against her hair, loosening her bun and her hair fell. She was a bit embarrassed at first but quickly relaxed when Flash smiled at her. Maybe having her hair down wouldn't be so bad.

"Pretty awesome, right?"

"It's…it's amazing. Crystal Prep doesn't have a view like this."

"This is where I get most of my inspiration."

"I can see why."

Flash sat down on the floor, taking out his guitar from his case and offered Twilight a place beside him. He started to strum a few cords and the girl was immediately enchanted by his talent. Spike sat down, feeling relaxed by the beautiful sound. Flash opened his mouth to sing his unfinished song in a beautiful sooth ballad.

(The me that you don't see by Laura Marano)

I've been wishing for something missin'

To fill this empty space

To show the person behind the curtain

So you'll understand who I really am…

"Why did you stop?" Twilight asked, "It sounds beautiful."

"Yeah, but that's as far as I got. I just haven't found the right words for the chorus."

"Well, can I try something?"

Flash nodded and allowed Twilight to sing something. She took in a deep breath and picked up where he left off.

To show the person behind the curtain

So you'll understand who I really am…

The me that you don't see

If praying there's a chance you still believe

Tell me that I'm worth it

I'll prove that I deserve it

And I can be

The me that you don't see…

Flash's eyes widened in awe, his blue orbs shimmering. "Wow. You came up with that on the spot?"

Twilight blushed, "Sort of. I like to write a bit to myself about how I'm feeling. It's how I let out my frustration. I never thought of them as songs."

"Let's try it one more time, see what else comes to you." Flash strum his guitar again and this time, the two sang together.

The me that you don't see

If praying there's a chance you still believe

Tell me that I'm worth it

I'll prove that I deserve it

And I can be

The me that you don't see

To be standing tall

No shadows at all!

That's all I really want to do

To be a circle of one

Stepping into the sun

Shinning the light that's here with you.

I'm here with you

Oh, oh!

The me that you don't see

If praying there's a chance you still believe

Tell me that I'm worth it

I'll prove that I deserve it

And I can be

(I know I can be)

The me that you don't see…

Once the song came to a close, the two teens gazed into each other eyes, still feeling the rhythm inside themselves. For that moment, the games, the competition, Everton, none of that seemed to matter right now. For the first time ever, Twilight was actually having fun, and being herself. She met somebody who enjoyed her company and liked her for her.

Even if this moment didn't last for long, it would be one Twilight would always remember.

(~)

Author's Note:

Yes, I ship TwiFlash, MaKorra and Bosami, ships that hardly get enough love and are often looked down upon because they aren't like other ships. That's probably why I love them so much because I can relate to that on a personal level. I adore these three ships with all of my heart and nothing will make me change my mind. I will not change for anybody! YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!!
Anyway, what is to come next? Korra is getting suspicious, romance is blossoming and the games are about to start? Also, cameo of the Flim Flam brothers!