• Published 13th Apr 2016
  • 3,946 Views, 25 Comments

The Little Pony Legend: Friendship Games - MaggiesHeartLove



Team Avatar takes a trip to Canterlot High and help Sunset Shimmer and the gang in preparations for the Friendship Games. But, not everything is as it appears to be.

  • ...
12
 25
 3,946

Meeting a familiar face

Meeting a familiar face

The Friendship Games were only two weeks away, so that meant Team Avatar had its work cut out for them. The games had chosen twelve students to represent the school. The first six were Sunset Shimmer and her friends. The other six were Bon Bon, Lyra Heartstrings, Sanderwood, Micro Chips, Derpy and Flash Sentry. Today, they were all gathered at the gym awaiting their coaches. They had to wake up bright and early for practice and it was now six thirty in the morning, but it was a worth it if they could beat Crystal Prep. They were not quitters, they were Wondercolts! However, that didn't mean they weren't still sleepy. Sunset was as bright as rain, being a firebender she rose with the sun. But Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rarity were still drowsy. They all spontaneously woke up when the sound of trumpets was heard.

The noise managed to eliminate any form of exhaustion from the teens, arranging themselves into a straight line while the trumpet played. As it turns out, the noise was curtesy of an app on Rainbow's phone that Asami used to get their attention.

"Seriously, how do we not have these things back home?" the heiress was having a blast learning how this device worked. She tossed it back to Rainbow Dash who caught it with ease.

Each Team Avatar member wore a CHS cap and a whistle around their necks. Mako and Asami carried clipboards and Korra addressed to the group of students. The minute she opened her mouth, the students realized they would have preferred the horn.

"Rise and shine Wondercolts!!" Korra exclaimed, speaking in the loudest and most authoritative military styled voice she could master, "For the next two weeks the four of us will be your coaches, mentors and drill instructors! You may have entered this boot camp as boys and girls but you're going to leave as warriors!!"

"Oh sweet, I'm gonna get my first chest hair!" Micro Chips, the nerdy little guy, said happily to himself.

"As you all know, Crystal Prep has had a winning streak for quite some time, but as of now they're streak is going to end! The games will be devised into two competitions; The Academy Decathlon, where you'll be scored on chemistry, home economics and everything in between! The next competition will be the Tricross Relay, which will include motocross, archery and short track! How many of you are good at sports?!"

Sunset, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Flash Sentry, Sandlewood and Bon Bon rose their hands.

"How many are good with home economics, chemistry and building?" Mako asked them, using a more composed voice unlike the military one his girlfriend was using.

Fluttershy, Rarity, Micro Chips and Lyra rose their hands. The four older teens were already growing concerned, while these students had talent, that didn't mean they would all be good at one of the competitions. Thankfully, Korra had a plan.

Korra spoke again, "Well, things are going to be a little different around here…Training starts now!!" with a blow of her whistle, the training montage began.

(Son of Man, by Phil Collins)

Oh the power to be strong

And the wisdom to be wise

All these things will come to you in time

Since practically all of the students could do chemistry, there was really no issue there. Next challenge was baking. Korra, Mako, Asami and Bolin studied the students closely as they worked. Flash and Bon Bon proved to have the most struggle with it. Bolin immediately saw this and wrote something down on his own clipboard. If they were going to win against Crystal Prep they needed to make sure everybody was at the top of their game.

On this journey that you're making

There'll be answers that you'll seek

The next was constructing a bird house, and so far the majority of them struggled, aside from Rarity, Fluttershy and Applejack. Asami took notice and wrote it down on her clipboard. The others thought this was a bad sign but it was all part of the plan.

And it's you who'll climb the mountain

It's you who will reach the peak

The next test was a spelling bee competition, to which Mako took the lead. He was a mighty good speller and knew exactly what could help these kids master it.

Son of Man, look to the sky

Lift your spirit, set it free

Someday you'll walk tall with pride

Sone of Man, a man in time you'll be!

Korra was able to observe the students while they ran laps. Inspecting them closely she wrote on her clipboard. The students still weren't sure exactly what these coaches were doing but they had to trust them.

Once that day was done, the following included Bolin showing Flash and Bon Bon how to properly bake. It took some time, especially with Pabu and Naga eating most of the ingredients, but Bolin was not one to quit on his team. He knew how to cook very well, he could almost be a master chef if he wanted to be. While Mako was good at basic cooking, Bolin was creative.

You know I'll be there beside you

Be there to take your hand

And with faith and understanding

You will journey from boy to man

Mako thought of a way to help the others kids with spelling. He had them do sit ups while spelling the words he picked for them. For each word they got wrong they did more push ups. For some it seemed unreasonable, however they didn't know that it was actually helping. Many soon found that after a while they could spell a hard word with ease. The same effort they put into their push ups they put into the words. It was rather clever.

Son of Man, look to the sky

Lift your spirit, set it free

Someday you'll walk tall with pride

Sone of Man, a man in time you'll be!

Asami taught Sandlewood, Micro Chips, Lyra and Derpy to build a birdhouse. Since she was good with tools she managed to make one in minutes. She showed the boys how to do it properly and after a few several attempts they managed to accomplish a decent and well constructed house. Lyra added her own creativity to it, making it beautiful. Asami was so proud she took a selfie with them all. She was really enjoying the phone.

In learning you will teach

And in teaching you will learn

You'll find your place beside the ones you love

Next, Korra had the students learn roller skating, which was no different from ice skating. She noticed Rarity was better as showing off on skates rather than going faster. After some coaching, and persuading, Korra showed Rarity some forms that would help increase her speed, and make her look good while she did it. Meanwhile, Mako instructed the kids in motocross and Asami instructed in archery. Applejack and Fluttershy showed great promise in the sport. Korra crossed her arms proudly. So far, these kids were becoming stronger, faster and more confident in themselves. They were now more determined than ever to win these games.

Oh, and all the things you dreamed of

The visions that you saw

Well, the time is drawing near now

It's yours to claim in all

While she watched the students roll around the track on their skates, Korra caught sight of something behind the bushes. She went to investigate and smiled at what she saw. Mako was teaching sweet Sunset Shimmer a few fire moves. Since they were in private school grounds, nobody else would see them. It was so sweet how he took the time to teach her a few things. She certainly was mastering fast.

Before long, most of the students, even the nerdy Micro Chips and clumsy Derpy, were roller skating with ease. Even if they may not all get the chance to do this in the actual games, best to be prepared for anything after all.

Son of Man, look to the sky!

Lift your spirit, set it few

Someday you'll walk tall with pride

Sone of Man, a man in time you'll be!

The students had improved greatly over these past two weeks. Their coaches were not only tough, but great motivators, encouraging and strong in will. They inspired them to be better and they accomplished just that.

They were ready for the Friendship Games!

Son of Man,

Son of Man's a man for all to see!

(~)

Spike growled as he pulled harder and harder on Twilight's jacked while she packed her things. "Ugh! Come on, Spike! I was always gonna go to Canterlot High for the Friendship Games. Ich!" she gave one final yank, releasing her jacket form his teeth, "The only difference now is that I have to compete. Besides, it's not like Principal Cinch gave me much of a choice."

Spike whimpered sadly until Twilight petted his head and scratched his chin, "I know, Spike. I don't like it either. I probably won't be able to collect anywhere near as much data as I thought." she picked up her rounded device and thought for a moment. Then she smiled. "But maybe I can still get some." she tried a string around the object and hung it around her neck. The poor puppy whimpered once more, "Spike, I wouldn't leave without you." she happily placed Spike inside her backpack before zipping it up, "Just remember to be quiet. And try not to shed."

Once she made it outside, Twilight spotted the two busses that would take the students to Canterlot High. However, Twilight wasn't so sure which buss she was suppose to get on. They both looked so identical, and since she was now competing she had to go into the buss where her teammates were going to be. She approached the first buss, where she saw Dean Cadance inspecting on her clipboard.

"Dean Cadance, I'm not really sure where to go."

"One second, Twilight." Cadance said, briefly heading towards the second buss to check on something.

"You could try the end of the line!" a girl said, sourly. She had light yellow skin with freckles, strawberry pink hair tied into a ponytail and teal streaks. Her eyes were violet and narrowed at Twilight.

"What did you say?" Twilight asked while adjusting her spectacles.

The girl, named Sour Sweet, suddenly spoke in a sarcastically sweet tone, "Just that someone smart as you should definitely go first."

"I…I didn't mean to. I was just asking."

Dean Cadance arrived once more, smiling at the young girl, "This is the right bus, Twilight. Go ahead."

"But…I didn't mean to cut in front."

"Ugh, well it's too late now." Sour Sweet said bitterly under her breath, not that Twilight didn't hear her. Which she did.

The embarrassed girl walked up the stairs and into the buss, only to be surprised when one of her classmates, the sporty tomboy, Indigo Zap, started shouting; "Are we gonna win?!?!"

"I…I don't know." Twilight said unsurely.

Indigo Zap was a girl with spiky blue indigo hair with various streaks in different shades of blue, amber eyes and wore googles on her head, along with several ear piercings. She was just as determined and loyal as a certain rainbow-haired girl. Only, Indigo's loyalties were not for her teammates…but to herself.

She shouted again at the nerdy girl, "Wrong answer!! Try again! Are we gonna win?!?!"

"Um...I guess? I-It's just...I mean...I heard that CHS is doing well now. With their reputation. And, I mean, it's not better than ours, of course. But we can't let them do it, you know? Win, I mean? Right?"

The other students rolled their eyes. This girl was the least competitive among all of them, why would the principal want her to be a part of their team? It made no sense at all. Then again, the prize students always get the best treatment. Several of the students included a human version of Trenderhoof and Suri Pomel.

"You're gonna hafta take a seat!" said the buss driver.

Twilight walked down the buss, looking for a place to sit, but every student only slid to the empty seat, not wanting her to join them. Not that she could blame them. Twilight tried to take a seat next to Suri, but she placed her bag on the empty seat. The only one available was at the far back, opposite another student with light purple skin and snowy mint hair with plum colored eyes and wore a pair of glasses. Her hair was styled into an unusual hairstyle, two long ponytails stuck out from the back of her head with a somewhat bun tracing on the back of her head from a willow's peak. Twilight smiled politely at her.

"Hi, Sugarcoat."

"That was a really bad speech." the girl said, rather bluntly, "You should consider not speaking in public."

Twilight should have expected as much. Sugarcoat was the most honey student at Crystal Prep…but certainly not the nicest.

The engine started and the buss began its journey towards the rivaling school. Twilight unzipped her backpack and smiled at her only friend. "Well, Spike, at least I've got you with me."

The poor puppy began to whimper softly when the girl next to Twilight started banging her head, listening to the rock heavy metal music from her headphones. Her skin was a strawberry pink with hair of yellow green, medium, dark and bright and had blue eyeshadow. This was Lemon Zest, also known as the rocker and most energetic student at Crystal Prep. But she was mainly happy if it involved listening to only her own music.

"Dude, you have gotta hear this!!!" She shouted while placing her headphones onto Twilight's head. The poor girl could feel her teeth vibrating from the bombastic sound of the music. How could anybody listen to this and not go deff?

One thing was certain for Twilight, this was going to be a long trip.

(~)

Rainbow Dash literally leaped for joy as she and the Rainbooms walked down the hallways of CHS. "We're totally gonna win the Friendship Games this time! No doubt about it."

"Even I think we can win." Fluttershy said sweetly.

"I feel like my school pride is at an all time high!" Rarity squealed with delight.

"And we owe it all to Team Avatar." said Applejack, "They're the best coaches we've ever had."

"Speaking of which, where are they?" Sunset asked.

The Rainbooms stopped in their tracks when they heard a very familiar sound echoing through the hallways, followed by the sound of a beautiful, yet powerful female voice. They followed the sound to their practice room, where they had their instruments and were astonished by what they saw!

Dance magic!

Once you have it

Let your body move, step into the music

Dance magic

And it's electric

Let your body move to the music

Sunset's jaw literally dropped at seeing Team Avatar playing their instruments…with pony features!

Korra's ears were still present, but she now had her signature wings while singing lead vocals. Her voice was as strong and beautiful as ever. She always sang straight from her heart.

Mako played electric guitar like he had been a rockstar his whole life. He only had a pair of simple pony ears while he played and sang vocals with Korra. Their voices were in perfect harmony with one another.

Bolin played the drums with as much energy and enthusiasm as Pinkie Pie, who smiled with glee at the sight. Like his brother, he had simple pony ears.

Asami played the keytar and also had pony ears…and a pair of wings on her back, her long raven hair was extended longer in a very low ponytail, looking like an actual tail.

Dance magic!

(Ooooh)

Once you have it

(Once you have it!)

Let your body move, step into the music

Dance magic

And it's electric

Let your body move to the music

Music!

Once the song ended, their pony features disappeared just as they magically appeared when they started. Sunset's jaw was still down, leaving Applejack to close it for her.

"What--how--when--hu?!"

Korra blushed and chuckled nervously, her pony ears lowering in the cutest way. "Sorry, we were just fooling around."

Pinkie Pie popped up from the ceiling, upside-down, shouting; "That was amazing!!" she said right before falling to the ground unharmed.

"I didn't know you could play like that!" Rarity said to the older teens.

"Well, since you said you guys pony up while playing music we figured we'd see for ourselves how and why that happens." Mako explained right before his face turned red and he scratched the back of his neck, "But then Korra started singing, and I started playing, one thing led to another and…"

"Bam!" Bolin shouted, "Pony ups on the spot!"

"But how?" Sunset asked, "Has that ever happened to you guys before?"

"Not really." Korra confessed, "In fact, they haven't had pony features since the Great Change."

"I did miss the wings, though." Asami said, inspecting her now wingless back.

"However, I think I have a hunch on how magic works here." Korra said.

Sunset's eyes widened with glee, "Really? What is it?"

"All I could get was that magic in this world clearly works differently than in Equestria. It's from the same source but has adapted differently into this place the longer it remained."

"Just like back home." said Mako, "Once the two worlds bonded magic adapted into different ways. Equestrian magic merged with aspects of our world, like magical plants growing in the Earth Kingdom for example."

"Or ponies getting anthro forms." said Korra. "Maybe that's why it's so hard for you to understand it here since it's starting to become its own."

"But is there a way to control it?" Sunset asked hopefully.

"That part we still haven't figured it out yet."

This did not reassure Sunset. The games were starting tomorrow and they couldn't have magic running amok. "We have to keep trying." she said, "We're supposed to keep magic out of the Friendship Games, remember?"

"Easier said than done, darling." Rarity said while inspecting her reflection in her mirror, "Like they say, magic in Equestria works differently. And…"

"This isn't Equestria." Sunset lowered her head, gripping her left arm in despair.

Mako placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder, "Don't worry, we're off to a good start. We'll figure this out."

"And while you work on keeping the magic out of the games, I've been working on what to put in!" Rarity giggled, which concerned Applejack.

"Rarity, what'd you go an' do?"

To answer her question, Rarity pulled out several clothing ranks, all filled with an assortment of costumes and uniforms for practically all events.

"Well, I have a lot of time on my hands, so I made a few options for uniforms!" Rarity managed to, somehow, get Rainbow Dash into a track-racer's outfit.

"You really didn't have to do that." Rainbow said.

"I know."

"No. You really didn't have to." Applejack arched an eyebrow while looking at the uniforms, they were ones for baking, track racing, archery, even bird building with bird-like patterns. Some just didn't look appropriate for the sports competition either. But, Rarity was just too excited to notice her friend's tone.

"I know!" she giggled in the most adorable way.

Asami pulled out one outfit that didn't make much sense, "Uh, there isn't a martial arts competition." said the heiress, while taking out the karate outfit.

"Oops. It seems I also accidentally packed a few rejected halloween costumes from last year. Either way, we can still work with them. Just a snip and snap here and there and 'Viola'!"

Bolin rose his hand up to ask, "I have a question; What's a halloween?"

(~)

Outside, the two buses from Crystal Prep arrived. The students exited the vehicles and Principal Cinch walked out as well. Her eyes narrowed in disgust at the school. Clearly, nothing had changed since the last time. It still looked as bright and sunny as ever. It made her ill. And even worse, the very person who made her feel the most ill was Principal Celestia. How the school board managed to get this young woman, practically a child, to be in charge of teenagers was beyond her. Not to mention her sunny exposition only created more envy to corse through Cinch's veins. She use to be as young as vibrant as Celestia was. But that was a long time ago and she wasn't that naive, foolish child anymore.

Principal Celestia smiled at the woman, despite her cold exposition. "It's good to see you again, Principal Cinch."

"Yes, it is." the woman replied, her voice was just as cold as ever. None the less, Celestia did her best to be as warm and welcoming as she could be.

"Well, we are certainly looking froward for the games to begin. Vice Principal Luna can help your students get settled if you'd like me to show you around. There have been quite a few changes since your last visit."

"Oh, yes, Principal Celestia. I'm sure that would be fascinating. Hm."

While the two principals were being formal with one another, the vice principal and the dean greeted one another in a friendly hug. Luna was so happy to see her old friend again.

"Oh, it's always such a pleasure to see you, Dean Cadance. Even if it means another defeat." she said the last part rather sadly.

"Thank you, Vice Principal Luna, but I hear it's not going to be so easy this time."

Twilight poked her head out from the buss, seeing the school for herself. This was it, this was her chance to collect the data she needed to get. She made her way out, only to be knocked down by Indigo Zap, who came running straight out.

"Comin' through!" she yelled, and Twilight fell backwards into another student, Sunny Flare.

Sunny was anything but her namesake. Her skin was a pale aquamarine blue and her hair was in supper short a pale purple with pale pink streaks and rose colored eyes. She sneered at the girl with glasses.

"Seriously?"

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to." Twilight nervously fiddled with the loose strands of her hair and Sunny just walked away, not saying sorry or even acknowledging the girl was still on the floor. Twilight groaned before standing up, only to get in Sour Sweet's way, "Oh, sorry. Why don't you go ahead?"

Sour Sweet's widened like that of a puppy dog as she spoke sweetly to Twilight, "You are such a sweetie!…I am watching you!" she said the last part very sourly before walking away, keeping her hawk eyes onto her.

Lemon Zest walked out, dancing to her incredibly loud music, followed by Sugarcoat, "You are kinda being a doormat right now." she said to Twilight, once again, being incredibly blunt.

The sound of beeping caught Twilight's attention and she looked down around the device around her neck. The circular lip started to glow, creating a moving star-like symbol on it. One of the corners of the device started to beep purple, aiming directly at the high school like a compass. Twilight smiled, the energy was coming from inside, no doubt. Quietly, Twilight snuck away from her classmates and headed up towards the stairs of the school, not taking her eyes off of the device she held, keeping a close eye as to where the energy was coming from.

Lyra and Bon Bon walked out and spotted the girl. Bon Bon waved, "Hi, Twilight." she greeted. But Twilight did not hear her and continued her way into the school. Lyra and Bon Bon looked at one another in confusion. Why didn't Twilight say hello?

Once inside, Twilight keep her gaze onto the device, but was taken off guard when another student walked up to her and said; "Hey, Twilight!"

The young girl turned around, seeing the girl with green hair waving at her as if she had always known her. This was strange indeed. Probably mistook her for somebody else…who shares the same name as her?

None the less she continued her research, but everywhere she went, everywhere she turned, somebody, somehow, knew who she was. All through the halls, Twilight was given varies hellos and greetings from all sorts of students form different clicks.

"Hi, Twilight."

"Hi, Twilight."

"Hey, you, lookin' good."

This was becoming stranger and stranger. "Um, hi." she managed to say, only to receive more hellos as she continued to walk. She was so distracted she nearly forgot about the energy source.

"Hey, what's happenin'?"

"Really nice to see you."

"Twilight, how ya doin'?"

"Twilight, yo!"

"Hi. Hello. Um, good." Overwhelmed by her impossibly sudden popularity, Twilight didn't see the next person she bumped into. Bumping into people was a rather rare skill of hers. Her glasses fell off of her face and landed on the floor.

The person she had bumped into was yet another student who recognized her. And he was more than happy to see her, even if he did kind of get his heart broken from her last visit.

"Twilight? I almost didn't recognize you." the young man helped Twilight up like a gentlemen, but she couldn't thank him properly since she couldn't really see him clearly without her glasses. He looked down and noticed the pair on the floor, and her struggle to see what was right in front of her.

"When did you start wearin' glasses?" he asked.

"Um, like, since forever." Twilight replied, still uncertain about what's going on.

"Oh, so how long are you here for?" the boy asked while picking up her glasses.

"Just for the Friendship Games."

"Right, of course. We'll totally win with you here." he gently placed the spectacles on her face and at that moment she could finally gaze into his beautiful blue eyes and he into her beautiful violet ones.

The moment he saw them he knew. This wasn't the same Twilight Sparkle, she looked just like her, yes, but her eyes…somehow, they carried something different. Something special. The faces were the same but he was meeting an entirely different person.

Twilight had met and seen a lot of boys before but this guy…he was more handsome than any guy she had ever laid eyes on, and for once she was paying attention to another living person rather than just her computers and papers.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were somebody else." the boy said politely.

Twilight could barely speak, her tongue was tied and her heart was beating like a drum. "I…Um…"

The boy gave her his hand to shake, "I'm Flash Sentry."

Shyly, she shook his hand, feeling a jolt once they made contact. "I'm Twilight Sparkle."

"I know." he replied. She looked at him in confusion and he face palmed himself. "I mean--you look like a 'Twilight' to me."

The moment was somewhat ruined when Spike started to bark and jump out of her backpack, jumping onto her head to leap onto Flash, causing the two to fall down once again. Spike started to lick Flash's face, while wagging his tail.

"Ha, ha! Easy, little fella!" he laughed as he and the other Twilight sat up.

"I'm so sorry! He's not usually this good with strangers."

"Guess I have a way with dogs." he said with a casual laugh, making Twilight blush. The two were still on the floor.

"This is awkward." she said, her blush deepening as he help her stand up by taking her hand, all while stammering, "N--not that you're awkward, it's just that, we're--I'm awkward--you're gorgeous--wait, what?"

This time, the moment really was disrupted when Twilight's device started to beep around her neck. The circled surface stared to glow a strange purple, and a star-like symbol appeared. There was the strange energy nearby.

"Uh, I gotta go." Twilight quickly placed Spike back into her backpack before running off, still feeling too embarrassed by her outburst to look back.

Flash looked on as she ran off. "Uh, okay. Bye?…Aw." he sighed sadly and face palmed himself in disappointment. He must have sounded like a complete dork to her. He got some sympathy from Derpy, who patted his back in reassurance.

Still, this girl was not the pony Twilight, she was another person entirely. Looking into her eyes he knew she was different. He didn't know much about her, all he knew was that he wanted to at least get to know her better.

(~)

Rarity was going back and forth, putting on the finishing touches on each of the girls' uniforms. Rainbow Dash was wearing somewhat of a london police uniform, Fluttershy was in some hockey gear, Pinkie Pie wore a cowgirl-like outfit (for some reason) and Sunset Shimmer wore some kind of mechanics full body suite and a wielding mask. Rarity adjusted Applejack red jersey.

"Uh, Rarity, these outfits are great, but why would you put so much time and effort into clothes not all of us might even wear? You're gonna exhaust yourself before the games even start."

"Oh, pff. Kch. Fff Ts! Don't be silly, darling! Putting effort into clothes is what I live for, and spending time with my friends fills me with energy!"

The girl's body began to glow as bright as a star and pony ears appeared on her head, followed by a long hair/tail extension as she stroked one final pose. The girls gazed in amazement at the transformation. Korra was probably one of the few that wasn't that surprised, the Rarity she knew loved to make dresses, it's what she lived for. However, seeing this Rarity transform because of that was indeed spectacular…and only made her even more curious as to what this truly meant.

"And magic, too, I guess." Sunset Shimmer said before shielding her face from the brightness with the welding mask.

(~)

The device continued its beeping, the corners kept on moving with a single purple glow. Like a compass, the glow directed Twilight to where the energy was coming from, just like an arrow. Suddenly, the single glow caused the capsule to open up, its insides glowing a bright purple. Twilight was fascinated by this reaction. The energy must be more powerful than she thought for her device to suddenly react like it.

Inside the rehearsal room, Korra's pony ears suddenly started to twitch. She heard a stranger sound, almost like some kind of whisper, like a low heavy breathing sucking in the air.

At the same time, Rarity was feeling very strange, like her energy was being drained somehow. Korra's ears continued to twitch, following the sound and saw Rarity's energy suddenly being phased through the creak between the doors and leaving the room.

Twilight saw some kind of strange purple ghost-like substance suddenly appear before her before getting absorbed into her device. A glowing spear appeared within it.

Rarity slowly descended down, looking like she hadn't slept in days. Her posture was poor, her eyes had bangs and her pony features disappeared.

"Actually, Applejack, now that you mention it, I suppose I could use a tiny break." the poor girl fainted and Applejack caught her, gently placing her down on the floor.

"I told you."

"Did anybody else hear that?" Korra asked.

"Hear what?" Bolin asked curiously.

"That sound. It was like breathing or something." she made her way towards the door to find out what had caused Rarity to pass out like that. "Whoa!" she stopped on her tracks when the doors opened and another young girl appeared before her. Korra could not believe her own eyes. The resemblance was uncanny.

"Twilight?!"

All of the Rainboom members were thrilled to see their old friend again. However, for Mako, Asami and Bolin the reaction was more from shock rather than happiness. Their Twilight was back in Equestria with no way of returning, and where did she get the glasses?

Korra slowly stepped away from the look-alike. One gaze into her eyes and she knew this wasn't her Twilight Sparkle. This wasn't her pony sister, this was somebody else. Seeing somebody who looked just like her best friend and yet be so different was a very overwhelming feeling to have.

"Uh, yes?" the human Twilight greeted with uncertainty. Yet another group of students who knew who she was.

"Well, I'll be." said Applejack, "You found a way here after all." she swung an arm around her and the other girls circled around her.

Korra kept her distance, still rather surprised to see this Twilight, but also as to why she felt so uneasy around her. Something about this Twilight rubbed her the wrong way, yet she couldn't fully understand why. Mako, Bolin and Asami were simply stunned, how could this be Twilight? It couldn't be.

Rarity cringed at Twilight's appearance, "Darling, those glasses. What are you wearing? It's so…severe."

"My uniform?"

"Your uniform for what?" Fluttershy asked.

"For…Crystal Prep. But why does everyone at this school know who I am?"

"Did you just say "Crystal Prep"?" Rainbow asked, getting more and more confused by all of this. This didn't seem much like the Twilight they knew.

Twilight's backpack unzipped and Spike came out barking. The girls recognized him as well.

"Spike!"

"You know my dog's name, too?" Twilight said with a gasp.

Naga started to bark as well, getting Spike's attention. The little puppy leaped out and began playing with the white labrador puppy like they had known each other for many years. Pabu squeaked and Spike growled at the rodent. Naga barked in her own language, saying he was a friend. Spike immediately calmed down and sniffed Pabu. The little ferret licked his nose and Spike's tail wagged with happiness. He loved making new friends.

Bolin swooned at the lovely picture, "Awwww!"

"Guess I'm not the only one to smug her bet into school." said the human Twilight, confusing the Rainbooms even more.

"Don't you recognize Naga?" Fluttershy asked.

"Naga?"

Seeing how awkward this girl was feeling, Korra cleared her throat to get everyone's attention. "I have to apologize. You just…remind us a lot of somebody we know, is all. We're sorry for the misunderstanding."

Her words managed to give the Rainbooms the answer they had needed to hear. This was not their Twilight Sparkle, but her counterpart from the human world.

"Oookay. But that doesn't explain how you know my dog. And, why are you wearing those fake pony ears?"

The Avatar mentally slapped herself. She had completely forgotten she didn't cover up her ears. She knew she needed to do so while Crystal Prep was around, but she wasn't expecting to see one of their students so soon.

Before she could explain, the sound of Celestia's voice caught their attention. The younger woman was showing Principal Cinch the school and stopped by the music room.

"And our music program has especially taken off." Celestia explained, only to gasp once she saw the violet skinned girl. "Twilight?"

Twilight rolled her eyes in exhaustion, "This is getting ridiculous!"

"Join the club." Korra said while crossing her arms. This really was getting ridiculous. Not to mention confusing. Spike managed to quickly jump back into Twilight's bag without the older woman knowing.

"I must apologize for the curiosity of my prized student." said Principal Cinch, placing a hand on Twilight's shoulder, subtly showcasing this girl was her property. She was wearing the Crystal Prep uniform, which proved that much.

"Your student?" Celestia asked in disbelief, and confusion.

"The smart ones are always curious. I'll return her to check in with the rest of her classmates."

The cold hearted principal led the shy girl away, leaving Celestia baffled, "I didn't know Twilight had a twin sister."

"She doesn't!" Pinkie Pie said, "That Twilight is obviously the Twilight from this world since it couldn't possibly be the Twilight from the pony world since the Twilight from the pony world doesn't go to Crystal Prep or wear glasses."

Celestia opened her mouth to say something, but quickly realized there really wasn't anything else she needed to know.

"Nevermind."

Once she was gone, the girl all turned to their mentors. "So, that was the actual Twilight from our world?" Applejack asked, still very shocked.

Bolin shook his head in disbelief, "This is getting weird."

Mako noticed the stoic look in his girlfriend's face. He knew her well enough to realize that this look did not indicate anything positive.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"That girl…I've got a bad feeling about her."

"How?" Asami asked, "She seems harmless to me."

"Wasn't it a bit strange that Rarity suddenly lost her pony powers right before she showed up?"

"It could have been a coincidence, darling." Rarity said, "I highly doubt this Twilight knows anything about magic."

But even so, Korra was not going to let this go so easily. There was something strange going on, and wether of not this Twilight was involved, they were going to find out.

(~)

Author's Note:

Ooooooh! Things are heating up, now! BTW, Flash Sentry will play a slightly bigger role here. Not as big as the others but a pretty good one. Basically, he won't be added to the sidelines that's for sure.