• Published 12th Mar 2017
  • 1,540 Views, 20 Comments

Pokemon Masters: Sun+Moon - Metroid Prime



As powers old and new arise, it will take a new generation of Pokemon Masters to confront them.

  • ...
3
 20
 1,540

Chapter 1: Excerpt

A Long time ago, before the invention of Pokeballs, the world had no Pokemon Trainers.

It had only Pokemon Masters.

One for each of the 18 elemental types, the Pokémon Masters were as wise as they were skilled. Formed during a time when the world was besieged by threats from beyond, the Masters helped the world's Legendary Pokémon fight back those who sought to claim the Earth.

They accomplished many great deeds during their time, such as helping bring about the golden age of humanity, an age the has since been lost to the annals of time and space.

The legends of the Masters would be passed down from generation to generation, with parents telling their children about the heroic stories of the Masters and how great they were in the knowledge of Pokémon and Pokémon battles.

This is why many children dream of becoming Pokémon Masters themselves, despite never truly knowing just what that requires...


Pokémon Masters

Sun+Moon

Twilight was frustrated.

She didn't usually get frustrated, but this particular subject had done nothing but make her hair become uneven as she couldn't solve the problem she was facing.

"Ugghh!" The Mage groaned in annoyance as another attempt ended in failure. "Don't know why this is considered an unimpressive spell, yet still is part of the entrance exam."

The young girl was mad because as part of her final exam in order to get in the Mages Association. She was required to display and do various spells that a fully fledged magi should be able to perform, and while she had been able to do everything else, the part she saved for last was to perform what is known as Gradation Air or "Projection". A spell that would create a successful materialization of an object or item.

The process was simple. Simply imagine the object in one's mind, then recreate it from memory.

Her bedroom was at the moment arranged in a manner so that she could have room and focus to properly project an object without incident. On the floor before her were few various everyday household items. If she successfully projected at least three of these things, it would be enough for her to say that she could successfully do projection without fail.

Only problem is, the thought process one required to make it happen was proving to be difficult for her. Even though the object was not a permanent replication,(as evidenced by the fact that projected objects are essentially made out of nothing) she still had to project all the basic materials and workings said item required.

"They say once you get the hang of this it's like riding a bike," Twilight mumbled to herself. "Only you don't have training wheels with this."

Picking up a metal pipe, Twilight closed her eyes and concentrated.

"Trace."

Lines from the magic circuits on her hand lit up as the interacted with the pipe in her hand.

"Tracing basic structure."

A wave of magic went through the pipe as she mapped out its details.

"Tracing component materials."

More lines lit up the pipe as began to record the pipes molecular structure.

"Okay looks good so far, now trace, on."

Twilight's other hand began to crackle with energy as the air around it began to condense and take shape. Beads of sweat began to drop down her forehead as she concentrated harder on trying to materialize the pipe, but then the circuits began to turn red as Twilight's frustration began to build, and then the flow of magic stopped as the air dissipated, resulting in another failure.

"Agggggh!" Twilight fell back and buried her hands in her face, "I swear! If I fail this entrance exam, may Vale crush me beneath his heel!"

Twilight heard a flapping noise. Opening her eyes, she turned to the side the see a Rowlett looking at her sideways.

"Koo!"

"Huhh, sorry Owlowiscious, guess i'm overreacting huh?"

"Koo"

Twilight petted the owl, which helped her fully calmed down. Once she did her mind began to contemplate her options.

"I could ask mom or dad for help. After all, they passed their test with flying colors. Except, they won't be home until midnight and by then they'll be too tired. The only other person I could ask for help is...."

Twilight stopped for moment. While her cousin was a model mage who was very good at what she did, they didn't have to most ideal relationship when it came to family. If anything it was more like a rivalry. So asking her for help would only solidify who the better mage was.

On one hand, the test was in a day away, so she could just ask her parents tomorrow if for assistance. However that would leave her with less time to practice and review for the test. If she figured out how to do this spell tonight, she would have a whole day to study and prepare.

Twilight looked up at the Pokegear that was on her desk. Her cousins number logged as part of her contacts.


Crown City, Sinnoh Region.


Sunset Shimmer walked through the door of her house as she carried a large case inside.

"Mom, I'm home!"

The house she lived in was large manor which catered and gave off all the impressions of a regal and professional family, even if it was not the case.

"I'm in the kitchen!"

The red and yellow haired girl set the case down before going to the voice of her mother.

She went into the kitchen to see a woman in her forties cutting some berries, among other things was a baked cake body that had frosting on it.

"How was your day sweetie?" her mother asked.

"Excellent! I got the things I needed form store."

"Ahh yes, those gems you needed for your little project?"

"Yup, so what are you doing?"

"Baking a Oran Berry cake for when the Kishinami's come over tonight."

"Oh right, you and dad are going to talk to them about holding a fundraiser for making a new Pokemon breeding center."

"Yes, this will go a long way for breeding new Pokemon for beginner trainers, and my Oran Berry cake will be sure to sway their minds."

"Really," Sunset put a smirk on her face "You sure the cake is for them, or for you?"

"Now, now, don't go throwing accusations around when you have no evidence to back it up."

"Oh? I bet I could get dad to testify."

"Ah just go and play with your gems, I don't call you out on your faults."

"Exactly." Sunset then left the kitchen and took the case to her room.

Once inside she set it on her desk and opened it up, examining the contents.

Inside was a set of 32 assorted gems, bought for the sole purpose of storing mana for use in spells and combat. Picking up one she looked at it to see if she got her moneys worth.

"I could charge these things for week before they get full, although I could only do ten at a time."

Jewels were expensive things, especially for mages who like to use them for spells and rituals, the most powerful ones coming around millions of dollars. Fortunately for her, her status as a mage, and coming from a family of mages meant that she knew where to get them for cheaper prices. While Pokemon elemental gems could be used just as well as normal ones, the fact they they were already connected to the elemental types meant that they could be only used in accordance with their respective elements.

"Well, better get started."

But before Sunset could even begin setting up, her Pokegear began to ring.

Taking it out she looked at the number that was calling her, she was a little shocked once she realized who it was.

"Well well well, lets see what you want."

Answering the phone Sunset spoke into it.

"Twilight Sparkle So-"

"Sunset I need you help."

The mage was surprised at the sudden interruption, "What?"

"I said I need you help."

Sunset blinked for a moment, this was unlike her cousin, she knew the younger mage seemingly envied her status as an ideal magus and was doing everything she could to be like her. As a result of this perceived(and somewhat one sided) rivalry would not allow her to ask help from the older cousin.

"I see what do you need help with?"

"You know the Gradation Air spell that one has to know in order to pass the entrance exam for the Mages Association?"

"Yes, I distinctly remember materializing a Ultra Ball for the judges."

"Uh huh, so could you maybe tell me exactly how one does this spell, cause I can't seem to get the hang of it."

Sunset thought for a second, the test to get into the Association was not easy for good reasons, the association was one of the few Magecraft organizations in the world that governed and safeguarded the world of magic. So it was no surprise that one had to prove their worth into order to get into the that place.

She remembered how she didn't have the best relationship with Twilight, however...

"What can you do so far?"

"What?" Twilight asked.

"How far are you into this, can you begin to materialize? Or can you only just do visualization?"

"Umm, I can visualize the object, but i've only scratched the surface of actually forming the object from thin air."

"Well that's your problem right there."

"Huh?"

"You're using magic to from an object from air, when the object is actually formed from mana."

"...Oohhhhh."

"Remember, when materializing you must hypothesize the basic structure, duplicate the composition material, imitate the skill of its making, sympathize the experience of its growth, reproduce the accumulated years, and excell every manufacturing process. Once all is said and done, you should have a replicated pipe."

"Ok thanks, wait, how did you know I was using a pipe as replication!?"

"I didn't, until now."

Sunset then ended the call, leaving a wiser but at the same time dumbfounded Twilight.

*Sigh* "Oh I almost forgot!" Sunset took out a Luxury Ball and pressed the button, letting out a docile looking Larvesta.

"I suppose you're hungry Larvesta?"

The moth Pokemon only made a soft chip.

"I'll take that as a yes."


Mauville City, Hoenn Region.

If there was ever a tech company to ever rival the Devon Corporation, then the Magma Corporation would checks all the boxes, a family company that began with an individual named Natsu Mann, it is currently lead by his daughter in law Cinder Mann. The company specializes not only in robotics and new innovative inventions, but is one of the contribution organizations the supplied the United Regions Space Alliance with material and tech necessary to build their relatively recently commissioned space fleet. Currently the corporation was helping put the finishing touches on the supercarrier known as the U.R.S. Hoenn Drift and the U.R.S. Pyre Gorge Carrier-Class ships.

That being said, the family that ran the company were an ideal one, the two children living seemingly normal lives.

*Thoom!*

Keyword seemingly.

Mann Manor

A trainer stood on the opposite side of the battlefield as his Pokemon, a Salamence floated in front of him as they both waited for the smoke to clear.

The dusted finally settled to reveal 50 foot tall robot, its eyes glowed blue as they observed its opponent.

+Damage done by Dragon Pulse: 15%. Rerouting power to left servos. Energy loss 5%+

The trainer stood there as he analyzed the situation, he had been fighting this guy for for 3 minutes and he had only made little progress dealing damage to the robot, any normal trainer would have feld the fight.

But Brandon Mann was not just any normal trainer.

"Salamence use flamethrower!"

"Cha!" The dragon pokemon shoot a torrent of flames from its mouth engulfing its target in fire, the robot never moving an inch.

+Damage done by Flamethrower: 5%. Engaging target Directed Energy cannons charged. Fire.+

The massive bot fired a pair of twin cannons from its arms, their blasts finding their mark as they struck the Salamence's wings, essentially grounding it.

"Salamence!" Brandon shouted as it hit the ground, "You alright?"

The Pokemon struggled to get up, still having some fight left in it.

"Ugh no good, even effective moves aren't making a difference."

Brandon observed as the heat and flames on his opponent died down, revealing a slightly damaged but functional robot. Looking it over, he saw how its armor was mostly covering its chest, as well as the lower parts of its arms and legs. However, the shoulder and hip areas of the thing where not as thick.

"Hmm, I wonder."

"Alright Salamence let's switch this up!" Brandon then held up this left arm and a black ring with a rainbow gem in it gleamed in the light.

The Salamence lifted its head up, a necklace with a gem that matched its color scheme also shining in the light.

"Keystone awaken! Exceeded evolution, mega evolve!"

Several strings of light erupted from both the key stone and the mega stone, meeting halfway, the Pokemon's body glowed as its shape changed, its wings becoming a single crescent body part, its chin turning red as body become more streamlined and aerodynamic.

After Mega evolving, a Salamence becomes more brutal and volatile, so one must be sure that the trust between trainer and mon is strong enough that it overcomes those obstacles, if not they run the risk of it turning on them.

"I could call it back to its Pokeball if it goes on a rage, but I'm hoping Salamence likes me too much to do that."

"Okay Salamence use flamethrower on the left leg!"

An mega powered Flamethrower struck the armored leg as the heat reached levels that began to soften the metal.

+Damage done by Flamethrower 15%. Analyzing foe for altercations.+

"Now used Steel Wing on the thigh!"

+Analyst complete. Countermeasures ready.+

The Salamence shot straight forward at its opponent, with the robot already firing another blast at the dragon.

Unfortunately for it, the Salamence was faster, slicing through the leg and making a large gash in the armor which burst into flames. The robot then fell to one knee as it tried to recover.

"Alright let's finish this with Giga Impact!"

As soon as the words reached the Salamance's ears, its body began to become enveloped in orange streaks, before turning into a purple sphere as it flew towards the robot and struck it with such force that it landed on its back, shaking the whole room..

+65% Damage Done. Metarex is unable to battle. Victory goes to Brandon Mann and Salamence.+

The scoreboard lit up as it Braddon's icon and Salamence was displayed in a winning fashion, while also showing time to defeat and other information gathered from the battle.

"Good job out their Salamence!"

When its Mega Evolution wore of the dragon gave a roar of approval.

"Take a good rest buddy."

As the worker drones came out from their stations to drag Metarex away for repairs, Brandon let out a sigh of satisfaction.

"Welp tackled the easy difficulty, now I just need to get pass medium. Maybe I can-"

"Whatcha doin!"

"Gahh!" the trainer jumped as a voice from behind him rang out, but soon his blood pressure came down when he looked behind hime as his annoyance rose a little.

"Rupee! What did I tell you about doing that?!"

The girl before him had red hair like his father and an innocent smile on her face, her skin color matched Brandon's but the similarities ended there, her eyes were blue and she wore an outfit that resembled the Ace Trainer attire of the Hoenn region.

"That I should keep doing it?"

Brandon only gave her a look.

"Okay I fine I'll give a little warning from now on, maybe."

Brandon let out a sigh, his little sister Rupee had been more..active ever since the "incident". But she was still that same Rupee she had always been.

"So, I guess you were playing around with Metarex?"

"Yeah, finally took the guy down."

"Curious, aren't bots like him built to be able to take down Legendaries?"

"Yes, except this was training mode and I put it on the easy setting." It was no secret that Gestalt-Class robots like Metarex were meant to have the power to hold their ground and overpower Legendary Pokemon should they ever go on a rampage, so Brandon thought that if it would he would ever encounter a Legendary Pokémon, then he would prepare himself by fighting something on a similar power level.

"Well no wonder you it won, easy must be a walk in the park for you."

Brandon rolled his eyes. "Anyway, I'm done here so I'll just be going."

"Oh yeah that reminds me, I was wondering if I could borrow something from you."

"Borrow what?"

"I may need to steal Ampharos so I can power something."

"Power something, mind telling me what it is you need powering?"

"Ummm," Rupee rubbed the back of her head awkwardly "My electric car"

Brandon raised an eyebrow, "You don't have an electric car."

"Okay fine! I need him to complete my team so I can battle Watson and get my Dynamo badge."

Brandon stood there for a moment, his expression unreadable by his sister. He then proceeded to walk to a nearby PC terminal, pressed a few buttons and out came a lighting themed Pokéball.

"Take good care of him Rupee."

In a flash, Rupee took the Pokéball from Brandon's hand. "Thanks big brother!" and proceed to run to the door.

"However!" Rupee stopped in her tracks. "Don't think I'll just lend you a Pokémon every time you want to take on a Gym Leader. One day, you will need to learn to go out and catch you own."

"Yeahokaythanksbye!" Rupee then zoomed out the door and was soon out of hearing distance.

*Sigh* "I swear, people like her never stay still too long to listen for things."


Hall of Legends, Floating Island of Ezo

Legendary Pokémon throughout the multiverse seemingly acknowledged each other's existence and status as legends, some would even come together to form large groups or alliances in order to help each other fulfill their role in helping maintain balance in the world. Some Earths had Legends organized into factions, while others had become Councils.

But for the residents of the floating island of Ezo, they had decided to call themselves, the "League of Legends".

Magearna's Room

Magearna layed in her room as she slept in her sphere for forme, or as the other Legends called her "Pokeball" mode. The room that was made for her was circular and had various gears and clockwork along with the floor, which was itself a giant clock.

Said clock had was about to sound an alarm signifying that her nap was almost done. In 3...2...

*Clang*

The Artificial Pokemon opened its eyes as the bell above her rang, with a motion of her arms the alarm stopped as she began to uncurl herself.

The Soul Heart in her chest glowed with life as Magearna became fully awake, her sense coming to full circle as her metal body began to move.

Her eyes opening, the memories of what occurred yesterday came flooding back, reminding the Mythical Pokemon what she was suppose to do today.

Going over to the window, she looked outside to see the large and spacious garden that had various statues and sculptures depicting not only Legendary Pokemon, but also legendary humans who had been immortalized on the island. Pulling herself away from the scenery, the artificial Pokemon went over to a box and opened it up, picking up what was inside she looked over it before placing it on her magnetically charged back.

Magearna then walked to the door and opened it, poking her head out, she saw Reshiram fly by as she greeted the smaller Pokémon with a warm smile.

"Morning Magearna, hope you had a nice nap."

The Mythical Pokemon simply waved and began to make her way to the Living room.

Once there, she saw various other Legendary and Mythical Pokémon mingling and talking to each other. Regigigas was discussing something with the Legendary Titans, Xerneas and Yveltal sat together with each other as they shared a large Lum Berry, and Victini and Celebi where playing a game of chess.

"Well look who decided to get up." A regal voice said from behind, Magearna turned around to see a floating Pokemon with pinked diamond attire, she had a white dress-like formation and a rock for a lower body.

"Diae, good to see you. I trust that the hall is treating you good so far?"

The Diancie known by her nickname "Diae" in order to distinguish herself, replied with a haughty tone.

"Oh its just amazing! A temple certainly befitting of only the most esteemed beings on this world, and no one gets more esteemed then a beautiful creature such as myself."

"Diaeee." Magearna said in a disapproving tone.

"Oh sorry, I meant a beautiful creature like myself and a mechanical marvel like you."

Magearna let out a mental sigh, The Jewel Pokemon was one of the few Legendary Pokemon she personally knew, however because she was chosen as the Prime Pokemon to represent her species in the League of Legends, it had only fed her ego. But nevertheless she was one of the only Pokemon she talked to on a daily basis. The Man-Made Pokémon was not a recent addition to the League, but she mostly kept to herself, the only reason she joined was Arceus had approached her with the offer to join.

"That reminds me, is Arceus in the Hall at the moment?"

"Ah yes, she last went to her room when I last saw her."

"Okay thanks Diae."

"See ya later Magearna!" Diae said as Magearna walked down another hallway.

One walk later, the mechanical Pokemon arrived at a large set of doors with a golden arc symbol on it, she then pressed a doorbell that carted to her height.

"Come in."

The door opened and Magearna walked in to see that Arceus was attending to something in a small room that appeared to be a closet.

"Oh Magearna, to what do I owe this visit?"

"Yes Arceus, I have something I wanted to ask you about."

Arceus closed the door to her closet, and sat down on a pillow. "Well what do you wish to speak about?"

"It's about something that I obtained the other day, something that was given to me by Azelf."

"Oh, what exactly did she give you?"

"This," Magearna held out her hand as the air around it began to swirl and condense, until it began to take shape, finally the air dissipated to reveal a decorated sword.

Immediately, Arceus recognized what she was looking at.

"Ah, so she gave that blade to you. Never thought she would ever let it go again."

"Yes, she mentioned something like that, about how it was a sacred holy sword that is tied to a certain legend, about how a great knight used its awe inspiring power."

"Yes, this is all true, what else did she tell you."

"She said that the power it once held was now depleted, how she felt that I could put it to some use and maybe help it regain its lost luster."

"Yes, Azelf would say something like that."

"But what does this all mean, what power? And why does she want me to use it?"

"Well, lets just say long ago, Azelf gave this sword, among many to a group of Knights who helped unite a country in its time of need, eventually the sword you now hold was given back to her. Unfortunately, time and neglect has caused the swords power to fade away. You see this sword gets its power from a certain source, and I believe Azelf wants you to find that source and use to repower the blade.

"I see, and you not going to tell me exactly what that is?" Magearna knew that people like Arceus were known for being vague about these sort of things, but she feared she knew why.

"It is not my job to provide you with all the answers Magearna, I can only set you on the path to find them for yourself.

"...Very, well I suppose you may tell me where to start?"

Arceus looked at her and just smiled, "Well they say that a journey is one often finds answers, that is why Pokemon Trainers often succeed in life because they find what they are looking for and who they are.

"What, so you're saying I should just go find a trainer?"

"Well, many of the Legends in this temple have or had Pokemon Trainers, and they all say they were the better for it."

Magearna took a few moments to contemplate that, looking at the sword in her hand, she wondered if she should do this.

"Thank you Arceus, you have given me a lot to think about." Magearna then put the sword away as she exited the room.

"I'm glad we had this talk Magearna."

The door closed as she finished her sentence, all alone again, Arceus went back to her closet, opened it and went inside. In truth the closet was actually half the size of her own room, with decorations, and a bunch of stuff plushies and toys. In one corner was a statue of Arceus and a male winged unicorn, and a portrait of the temple hung in another, while a large mobile hung from the ceiling. Arceus sat down in front of the object that she had been tending to before. Said object was oval in shape, it's only color was a pure whiteness that exceeded all the white in the world.

"Alright then my little child, lets she how mommy can make this place more comfortable when you arrive."

The 3 week old egg, being an egg of course, made no response as it silently sat that there, a vessel to the life form that was forming inside of it.


Dragon Village, Unova Region.

A young boy in blue shorts, purple vest, and green hair sat on a rock as he read a book, beneath him was a Fraxure chewing on a bone that it had been gnawing at for 2 days know.

His green eyes read line after line, taking in the information that the words presented to him, almost oblivious to the world around him.

"Spike!"

Almost.

"Yes Ember?" Spike said, not looking up from the book.

"Dinner is ready!"

Letting out a small sigh, Spike closed his book and jumped off the rock.

"Come on Hax, you know how Ember gets if I ignore her."

The dragon Pokemon picked up the bone and followed his trainer as they made their way inside the house.

Author's Note:

And so it begins