• Published 22nd Mar 2016
  • 1,670 Views, 96 Comments

My Little Pony: Small Town Life - Mythic Night



A unicorn named Silver Streak moves into a new town, looking for safety from past trauma, and there he finds new friends and new experiences.

  • ...
6
 96
 1,670

Ep 10 - A Lazy Saturday - Part 2

Their tender moment was ruined not a minute later when they heard a familiar voice shouting from nearby, “Mystic! Come quick, I found her!” They turned to see Jewel running up, and Mystic not far behind.

Mystic smiled as he noticed Silver. “Looks like we didn’t have anything to worry about after all.”

“I guess not,” Jewel said, breathing a sigh of relief. “Glad to see you’re here with her, Silver.”

Sunny and Silver looked at one another, very confused about the situation. It was Sunny who asked, “Uh, what’s going on? Why were you guys looking for me?”

Jewel smiled sheepishly as she answered, “Well, I came by to visit earlier, and found your shop closed. I thought that was really weird, Saturdays being your busiest days and all, so I knocked on your kitchen door and got no response.” Her ears folded as she frowned and said, “I got really worried about you, especially after the whole ponynapping thing. I went to the hospital, thinking maybe you got hurt, but when I couldn’t find you there I got Mystic to help me look for you.”

Sunny smiled softly at the two. “I really appreciate you guys looking out for me, but I’m fine. I’m sorry I made you both so worried.” She was glad to know her friends cared so much about her, though she felt a bit guilty about worrying them like that. In hindsight, I probably should have left a note on the door, she thought.

“So, what happened?” Mystic wondered. “Why’d you close the shop, on a SATURDAY of all days?”

Sunny simply smiled. “If you must know, I decided to take the day off so I could spend it with my special somepony.” She turned to look fondly at Silver, who blushed softly and smiled at her in return.

Both of them were shocked at that unexpected declaration, looking between Sunny and Silver as they processed the information. “You two are… dating?” Jewel asked, a smile growing on her face.

“That’s right,” Sunny stated proudly.

Jewel grinned. “That’s awesome! Congratulations you two!”

Mystic smiled and nodded in agreement. “I hope it works out for you guys.”

Sunny looked over to Silver with a warm smile as she said, “I’m sure it will.” He smiled warmly in return, the stallion having faith that their relationship would last.

Overhead, Frostfire was flying by, and noticed her friends all gathered at the café. She swooped down for a landing to meet up with them. “Hey guys, what’s going on? Is there some kind of party I wasn’t invited to?” she asked with a smirk.

Jewel grinned and answered, “Sunny and Silver are dating!”

Frosty looked to the two with a wide smile. “You guys went public already? That’s awesome!” she cheered.

Sunny and Silver were confused by that. “What do you mean ‘already’? You knew? How?!” she wondered.

Frosty smiled sheepishly as she answered, “Well, a few days back I was going to the Hay Burger for lunch when I saw you and Silver eating there together. I knew it had to be a date, so I split before I made things awkward for you.” She grinned and added, “Oh, but before I left, I got a great photo of you two on your date. I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to get a picture of you guys on one of your first dates!”

“I’d better get a copy of that photo, Frosty,” Sunny told her. She looked over to Silver and smiled as she added, “I’d like a memento of our first date, wouldn’t you?”

Silver smiled softly and nodded. “Yeah, that’d be nice.”

“Sure, no problem,” replied Frosty. “I can bring it by later, or leave it in your mailbox if you’re still busy.”

“Sounds like a plan,” Sunny said with a nod.

Frosty grinned at the couple. “I must admit, I’m surprised you two started dating already; you were both clearly pining for each other, but you,” she looked at Sunny, “were hesitant to push things, and you,” this time she glanced to Silver, “were just too shy. So, which of you finally got the guts to ask the other out?”

Silver raised his hoof with a shy smile. “That’d be me.”

“Really?!” she asked, clearly shocked. “I always thought it’d be Sunny to finally ask you out. So how’d that happen?”

“Well…” He frowned, remembering the terrible day that started all this. “The whole situation with Dr. Caballeron made me realize how much Sunny meant to me, and how much I’d have regretted it if I never got to tell her that I—“ He blushed, and cleared his throat before he continued, “So, anyway, I decided to tell her how I felt, and asked her out.” He smiled at Sunny as he said, “We had a nice time, and she agreed to be my special somepony.”

Sunny looked at Silver with a similar blush on her cheeks. She caught the implication, the words he was afraid to speak. She hoped that he would soon trust her enough to admit the strength of his feelings, feelings that she too felt for him.

“Guess something good came out of that craziness, huh?” said Mystic.

“You mean besides that awesome article I wrote about the whole thing?” Frosty asked with a grin. She was still quite proud of that story, having framed the article, and the group photo, on her wall at home.

“Yeah, besides that,” Mystic replied with a roll of his eyes.

Jewel frowned as she looked between Silver and Sunny, and at the food half-eaten on the table, as the gears turned in her head. Her eyes widened as she slowly came to a realization. “So… you two are on a date.”

Sunny smirked. “Uh, yeah?”

“And we’ve interrupted it,” Jewel continued.

“Well, yes, you have,” said Silver with a frown. He didn’t mean to be rude, but they had been enjoying a lovely meal together before everypony came by.

Jewel looked horrified. “Oh my gosh, we’re ruining your date! I’m SO sorry! W-we’ll just get out of here and leave you two be…”

“Waitwaitwait!” said Frosty with a wave of her hooves. “This would make for another great photo! You guys wouldn’t mind, would you?” she asked, pulling out her camera and smiling wide at the couple.

Sunny smiled to Silver, who smirked and shrugged in response. They both leaned toward one another, smiling at the camera as they held hooves, and the camera flashed as Frosty captured the moment forever.

“Perfect!” the pegasus declared. “I’ll get that printed up for you too.”

“Good, great, let’s get out of here!” said Jewel, who grabbed Frosty’s tail in her teeth before dragging her off, the mare also shoving Mystic along as well to leave the new couple alone once more.

The couple in question couldn’t help but chuckle at that, though they did appreciate being left alone to enjoy their date once more. With that distraction out of the way, they continued eating their food, though Sunny chuckled at a stray thought. “I guess that’s one way to tell everypony we’re dating,” she said.

“Heh, yeah,” Silver agreed.

The two enjoyed the rest of their meal, filled with idle chitchat. When they were finished, Silver paid for the food, and the two headed off to the bowling alley for their next activity.

= = = = = = = = = =

Silver grinned as he managed another spare, Sunny’s advice helping him to get a respectable score as they played together. He turned around and headed back to his seat, where Sunny was waiting for her turn, the mare feeling a bit disappointed that her view of that cute butt was over already.

“You’re doing pretty good out there,” she told him as she got up to take her turn. “I’m starting to wonder if you should have gotten a cutie mark for bowling instead.”

“I don’t know about that, but I AM having fun,” he replied. “Honestly, I wouldn’t be doing this well if it weren’t for your advice that first time.” He watched her step forward to play, now taking his turn to enjoy the view.

She turned to grin back at him, catching his gaze before he looked up at her as she said, “Well then, I guess I’m gonna have to stop taking it easy on you!” She turned back toward the lane and threw the ball, knocking down four pins in the process. The ball came up the chute, and she tried again, this time knocking down five more pins, leaving one standing. “Darn it…” she muttered, the stallion not too far behind her score.

She went and sat back down while he got up to take his turn. “So, how’s the spellcasting going?” she asked. “Been a while since we talked about your progress with your magical studies.”

“It’s been going well enough,” he told her, getting into position to throw the ball. “Started attempting a transmutation spell recently.” He threw the ball down the lane, knocking over a few pins. “Took a lot of focus, but I was able to turn a log into a rectangular wooden block.”

“So no more sculpting, then?” she wondered, assuming that perhaps Silver could just transform wood or stone into whatever he wanted.

He grabbed the ball as it rolled up the chute once more, and he glanced back at her. “I suppose I could try using the spell to form sculptures, but it would be quite difficult to make the geometric shapes I dabble in. It’ll be of better use to gather logs or smaller blocks of wood so I can make larger blocks to sculpt from.” He turned back to the lane, and threw the ball to get a few more pins.

He went to sit back down as she got up to take her turn. “I haven’t really been able to do much more though, needed to do some sculpting to send over to Fillydelphia.”

She smiled as she began her first throw, watching the ball roll down the lane. “I’ve been meaning to ask; what was it like, growing up in a big city like Fillydelphia?” She snagged the ball as it came up the chute, glancing back at Silver.

He thought back to his childhood while Sunny threw the ball down the lane, and as she came back he told her, “Well, I remember it was always busy, so I couldn’t just wander around town. If I wanted to go anywhere or do anything, I needed to be accompanied by my mom or dad so I didn’t get lost or hurt.”

As he got up to play, Sunny asked, “And what about friends? Did you have many friends growing up?”

Silver held the ball, his ears folding as he thought back to his childhood. “No… I was a lonely colt growing up, and kept to myself most times. I didn’t really have any friends until I was a teenager.” He threw the ball down the lane, and glanced back to Sunny. “Since we’re talking about our childhoods, what was it like growing up in Ponyville?”

She smiled as she thought back to her own childhood. “It was great, growing up in this small town. Ponyville’s an old town with plenty of wonderful traditions, and annual celebrations to enjoy with friends and family. It was always so peaceful, so I’d spend all day running around with friends, only coming home at night for dinner.” She pondered something, and added, “You know, things only got really crazy when Princess Twilight moved into town. I wonder why that is…”

“Sounds like you had a pretty good childhood,” he observed as he finished his turn and sat back down next to her.

“Yeah, it was great,” she said with a smile, which fell as she added, “though, it would have been even better if Mom had been around more often.” Sunny sighed, the game forgotten for a time as she continued, “Mom practices with her company in Canterlot during the day, and she’s usually home in the evenings, but she goes on a full Equestrian tour every summer, and occasional tours during the fall as well. I can’t blame her for going out and living her dream, but…” She could only shrug, not quite sure what to say about her lingering parental issues.

Silver chuckled softly. “Sounds like we’ve both got some emotional baggage, huh?”

“Yeah, I guess,” she replied with a small nod.

“Well, I’ll help you with yours, if you’ll help me with mine, alright?” he asked.

She smiled and nodded, pulling him into a hug. “Yeah, that sounds good…”

He held her close as he returned the hug, giving her a gentle nuzzle, and they sat there for a short while. After a few long moments, Silver asked, “Did you wanna get out of here and talk about it?” He smiled and added, “I mean, you listened to my issues; only fair for me to listen to yours.”

She smiled and broke the hug, shaking her head. “I appreciate that, but no. We’ve had enough drama for one date, I think.” She smirked and nudged him gently as she added, “Besides, I’m not gonna let you weasel your way out of our game. You’re gonna lose fair and square!”

“Well darn,” he chuckled. “There goes my brilliant plan… It’s your turn, by the way,” he said, giving her a gentle pat on the back.

She got up and headed to the lane, grabbing the ball before she got into position. She smirked as a thought occurred, and glanced back at Silver to ask, “Tell me, are you enjoying the view?”

He blushed and sputtered in embarrassment, before he blurted out, “I’m sorry!”

She giggled and replied, “Don’t be. It’s nice to know my boyfriend finds me so attractive.” She grinned as she added, “Besides, you’re not the only one who was looking.” She looked him over and gave him a wink before she turned back to the lane to play.

Silver could only sit there and blush in response.

= = = = = = = = = =

Soon enough, the game was finished, and while Sunny came out on top, Silver managed to come out with a respectable score. They left the bowling alley and headed down the road, heading nowhere and just enjoying each other’s company. Sunny pressed her side against Silver’s, resting her head on his shoulder as they walked through town.

Silver smiled as they wandered the town. “So what do you wanna do next?” he asked.

She thought about that for a few moments, then answered, “I dunno….”

He thought of Rarity’s earlier suggestion, and a wide smile grew on his face. “Well, I may just have an idea.”

“Oh?” she asked.

“Miss Rarity recommended taking you to the local spa,” he told her. “She told me she goes there weekly to relax and unwind, and I think you could do with some pampering.”

“The spa, huh?” She smiled at the idea. “Wow… I can’t even remember the last time I went there.”

“Well then, I’d say it’s been far too long,” he said. “How about you relax at the spa, and get yourself the full treatment?”

“What about you, though?” she asked. “I don’t want you sitting there bored for hours while I’m being pampered.”

“Well, perhaps while you’re at the spa, I could go do some shopping for groceries, and make you a nice dinner tonight back at my place?” he suggested.

She moved her head off his shoulder to look at him in surprise. “You can cook?”

“I’ll have you know I’m a fine cook,” he replied with a smirk. “And I’ll prove it tonight. I promise you’ll enjoy it.”

“Hm… Fine then. But you better not disappoint,” she said with a smile. “What time should I come over?”

“I’m thinking seven,” he said. “That’ll give you plenty of time to enjoy everything the spa has to offer, and after that perhaps you could start on some of those new books you got today.”

She grinned at the thought of reading all those new books, and nodded. “Sounds like a plan to me. Let’s go!” She then headed in the direction of the spa while Silver followed along.

It didn’t take them long to reach the spa, and Silver opened the door for Sunny before he followed her inside. They stepped up to the receptionist desk, where Silver spoke to the mare there. “I want to get my beautiful girlfriend here the full treatment. This is her first real day off in three years, and I think she deserves a lot of pampering.”

“It sounds like she does!” the spa mare agreed. “A full treatment here would include time in the sauna, then a mud bath followed by a rinse, a facial, mane styling, a hooficure, and of course a massage. Sound good?” she asked Sunny.

Sunny grinned and replied, “Sounds amazing!”

“How much?” he asked, and gladly paid the reasonable price for Sunny’s spa day. He turned to her, and they shared a soft kiss before he told her, “Go, enjoy yourself. I’m gonna get things ready for tonight. Remember, dinner’s at seven!”

“Got it!” she said, heading off with the spa pony to start her treatment, while he left the spa and started planning their romantic dinner for that night.

= = = = = = = = = =

Hours later, Sunny was sprawled out on her bed, reading her newest Daring Do book after a truly wonderful time at the spa. The mud bath was a unique experience, and her time in the mud combined with the special soaps and shampoo used by the spa ponies softened her coat, and made it practically sparkle.

Beyond that, the hooficure made her hooves smooth and shiny, and the mane stylist there got her long, wavy mane braided into a ponytail, and did the same for her tail to match. To top it all off, she received the most wonderful massage that worked out all the stress and worry from her body, and she felt so very relaxed by the time it was over.

She left the spa feeling better than she had in years, and looking better than ever. She knew she would have to go there on a regular basis from now on if it would make her feel so relaxed. She paused her reading of her book to think about how to thank Rarity and Silver for their recommendation. I’ll bet Rarity would enjoy a box of my chocolates, she thought to herself. And as for Silver… Her smile widened, and she bit her lip as she thought about the ways she could repay him…

Her little fantasies were quickly pushed aside though, as she remembered that she’d be having dinner with said stallion. She looked at the alarm clock on her nightstand, and saw she had fifteen minutes until dinner. She saved her place in her book, and soon was out the door on her way to Silver’s house.

It didn’t take her long to reach his house, and since it was her first time there, she took a few moments to look over the house before she knocked on the door. It wasn’t a minute before Silver opened the door to greet her. “Hey Sunny, welcome to my humble home.”

“Hey yourself,” she replied with a smile, sharing a soft kiss with the unicorn. She would have preferred something a bit more passionate, but she didn’t want to break the poor stallion’s mind again when dinner was being prepared. Eventually they broke the kiss, and she grinned as she explained, “That was for the spa trip. It was wonderful.”

“Ah, I’m glad to hear you enjoyed it,” he said, moving aside to allow Sunny to come inside. “I like your mane,” he added, complementing the manestyle she got at the spa.

“Thanks,” she replied. “They did a really great job with it.”

He closed the door behind her, and led her down the hall through the kitchen and into the dining room. She smiled at the smell of garlic floating in the air, and her smile grew even wider as she saw the table in the dining room decorated with a few lit candles. “Go ahead and get comfy while I get our plates ready,” he told her, his horn glowing as he pulled a chair out for her to sit on.

Sunny went over and sat at the table while Silver went back to the kitchen. He had made spaghetti and oatballs for dinner, with a side of garlic bread, and a bottle of wine he bought at the market which he was told would go well with the meal. He piled the spaghetti onto the plates, added several oatballs each, and topped it all off with a generous supply of marinara. Finally, he added a slice of garlic bread to each plate to finish them off.

He levitated the plates, wine, and glasses in front of him and headed into the dining room to serve dinner. Sunny smiled as she saw the meal before her, and Silver sat down across from her with his own plate. He used his telekinesis to open the bottle of wine and pour each of them a glass, as he explained, “I was told this would go well with the pasta, but if you’re not in the mood for wine then I can get you soda or something.”

“It’s fine, thank you,” she replied, taking a sip of her wine. “This looks delicious. Did you make all this yourself?”

He chuckled softly. “The noodles came from a box, and the sauce from a jar, but I did make the oatballs and garlic bread myself.”

“Well I think you did a good job,” she told him, and they both began to eat. The garlic bread and oatballs were both quite flavorful, and went well with the store-bought marinara. “Mmm, this is good… I must admit, I kind of assumed that you lived off sandwiches, salads, and canned soup.”

He snorted and said, “I’m no chef, but my mom taught me years ago how to cook and follow recipes.” He grinned and added, “I don’t think she would have let me move out if I didn’t know how to cook.”

“Probably not,” she replied with a giggle.

So far so good, thought Silver, until he took a sip of his wine and grimaced at the flavor.

Sunny noticed, and asked, “Is something wrong with the wine? It tastes okay to me.”

“I-I’m sure it’s fine,” he replied, before admitting, “I just don’t normally drink, is all. Never really had the taste or inclination for drinking, to be honest.”

She gave a sympathetic smile, and told him, “Well if you don’t like the wine, then feel free to get yourself something else. You shouldn’t force yourself to drink on my account.”

He grimaced, but nodded. “Yeah, alright.” He got up, telling her, “Be right back,” before he headed to the kitchen to get himself some soda. He returned shortly after, placing the drink on the table as he sat back down. He looked sheepishly at his food as he kicked himself internally for such a faux pas.

Sunny frowned in concern as she asked, “What’s the matter, Silver?”

He frowned, but responded, “It’s just… I tried to make this a fancy dinner for you, and yet I can’t stand the taste of wine. I suppose I’m disappointed in myself…”

She chuckled softly. “Oh Silver, don’t be upset over that. Our dinner is fancy and romantic, with or without wine. There’s nothing to be ashamed of, really.” He gave her a small smile, and the two continued eating for a few moments, before she asked, “Is there any particular reason you don’t drink?”

He sipped his soda, and told her, “A few reasons, I suppose. First thing is, as I said before, I’ve never had the taste for most alcohol. I’m told some of it is an acquired taste, but the way I see it, if I have to drink something I hate often enough to like it, then it’s not worth drinking to begin with.”

She giggled and nodded. “Yeah, I can totally see where you’re coming from there. I mean, for most ponies the point of drinking is to get drunk, but if you can’t stand the taste then it’s just gonna be torture getting there.”

He nodded, then continued, “Besides that, I also have to consider the safety of those around me.”

“Oh? What do you mean?” she wondered.

“Well, as you know, I’m a fairly powerful unicorn, and all that magic combined with a loss of inhibitions, well…” He shrugged.

She winced and nodded in understanding, “I understand. I’m sure if you weren’t thinking clearly, you could be quite dangerous with your magic.”

“Indeed…” he said. They spent a few long moments just eating dinner, before he began on a new topic. “So, how was the spa?”

“It was amazing!” she responded with a grin. “It was all so relaxing, especially the massage at the end. By the time I was done, it felt like all my stress just melted away. I’m planning on making that a weekly thing from now on.” She sipped her wine, and added, “I’ve got to thank you and Rarity for that.”

“I’m glad to hear it went so well,” he said. He didn’t think it would go poorly, but it was still nice to know she enjoyed her time there.

“This whole day has been great,” she said. “Aside from all the time I’ve gotten to spend with you, I’ve got new books to read, a new dress to wear whenever I go somewhere fancy enough to need one, a trip to the spa, and even the blessings of our friends to be in this relationship.” She sighed happily and added, “I wish every Saturday could be this much fun.”

Silver stopped eating to ask, “What are your normal Saturdays like at the shop?”

She gave a hollow chuckle as she explained, “Real busy, for one thing. Most everypony’s off work, and combine that with Saturday being a busy shopping day…” She shrugged, then continued, “Lot of ponies come in for my fine chocolates, both for themselves AND their dates.”

“Ah, yes, I suppose Friday and Saturday nights are both popular for dates, huh?” he observed.

“Indeed,” she said. “And of course, with all the ponies coming in and buying up chocolates, I tend to run out of my most popular treats, and there’s always somepony demanding to know why I always run out…”

“Sounds extremely stressful,” he said. “But I guess that’s just what you have to deal with when you run a business, huh?”

“Yeah…” she said with a sigh. “But between this vacation day and weekly visits to the spa from now on, I think I’ll be alright.”

“No more thinking about closing up shop, then?” he asked.

“Not right now, no…” she answered with a shake of her head.

“Good,” he said, glad to know that she wouldn’t abandon her livelihood due to the stress of running a business. He smirked, and added, “I love your chocolates, and I’d hate to have to go elsewhere.”

She smirked in amusement. “Oh, so that’s what this was all about, huh? Keeping me in business so you could keep buying my chocolates?”

He blushed a bit as he added, “That, and staring at your butt at the bowling alley.”

She laughed at that. “Oh! So THAT’S why you wanted to go bowling!”

“It was more of a bonus, really,” he replied with an embarrassed smile.

She grinned at him. “Oh wow, you’re getting bold, aren’t you?” Her grin turned into a coy smile as she told him, “I like that…

He could only blush and smile in response, and focused on eating his dinner. He had no idea how adorable Sunny found it when he got flustered like that.

The two continued eating, and enjoying some idle chatter for a while, before they both finished their meal. Silver gathered the dishes and went into the kitchen to toss them into the sink for later, and a glance at the stove showed that he’d have leftovers for tomorrow. While in the kitchen, he grabbed a plate of chocolates as he called out, “Hope you’re ready for desert!”

“Oooh, desert? What is it?” she asked.

He walked back into the dining room, and placed the plate of mint chocolates between them. “Ta-da.”

Sunny looked at the plate and snorted. “Going to have to take points off your final grade for offering my chocolates as desert,” she teased as she reached for one of them.

“Well I thought they’d make a fine desert,” he told her, levitating one over to himself. “They’re a nice, light treat after a big meal, and since they’re mint we won’t need to worry about garlic breath.”

She hummed her approval as she munched on the chocolate. “I suppose you make some valid points.”

They went through the mints, and afterwards elected to sit on the couch to relax. Sunny leaned on Silver as they cuddled gently, just basking in the moment. It had been a long, enjoyable day, and while she was looking forward to dancing at the club later that night, Sunny had to admit that she would have been just fine ending the day like that.

“Hey, would you like me to give you the grand tour?” he asked. They had plenty of time left before they needed to get ready for the club, and it was her first time visiting his home.

She smiled and shook her head. “No, not tonight.” Her smile grew mischievous as she remembered that she still needed to repay him for her spa day. “Actually, I’ve got something else in mind.”

“Oh? What did you wanna do?” he wondered.

“Well, you remember those lessons I promised at the end of our first date?” she asked.

“Lessons?” he asked. “What les—oh…” He began to blush as he remembered what she promised to teach him.

She grinned and gently shoved him over, the stallion yelping in surprise as he flopped on the couch. She moved over him, giving him a coy smile as she said, “Consider this lesson one…” She caressed his cheek softly as she leaned down and gave him a deep kiss.

He blushed even harder, especially at the feel of her tongue caressing his, but his eyes drifted closed as he began to return the kiss. His foreleg wrapped around her waist as he held her close, his other hoof caressing her mane as he lost himself in the kiss.

Sunny smiled into the kiss as she felt him return it, moaning softly into his mouth as she felt him hold her close. He was rather clumsy, at first, but she knew he’d learn in time, and she was happy to teach him all she knew.

= = = = = = = = = =

About an hour later, the two of them simply laid together on the couch after pausing their romantic activities. After some communication, and a bit of trial-and-error, Silver was well on his way to becoming a talented kisser. Sunny nuzzled him gently and cuddled him close as she glanced at the wall clock.

“Looks like it’s just an hour until the club opens,” she noted.

“Yeah…” he said with a sigh. “Guess we’d better get ready, huh?”

“Yep,” she said as she slowly pulled away from him to hop off the couch. “I’m gonna go home and get dressed.” She brought a hoof up to her mane, which got messed up during their intimacy, and she giggled as she added, “And fix my mane.”

“Heh, sorry about that,” he said, rubbing his head awkwardly.

“It’s fine,” she replied. “Besides, I know you like my normal style anyway.” She wouldn’t be able to braid it like they had at the spa, but it wasn’t a big loss; that manestyle wouldn’t have lasted more than a day or so anyway.

“That’s true,” he agreed. “I’ll walk you out then.” He got off the couch and led her to the door.

“So, where do you want us to meet?” she asked, wanting a plan for the evening.

“I’ll meet you at your home fifteen minutes before the club opens,” he told her. “We’ll walk there together, alright?”

“Sounds good to me,” she replied, and the two shared a tender kiss before she left for home.

After she left, Silver went upstairs to comb his mane and tail, and find something to wear. He knew that Sunny would have something nice to wear, and he didn’t want to go there underdressed like last time. He settled on a white button-up dress shirt with a blue tie, and soon headed out the door to Sunny’s home.

When Sunny got home, she went upstairs to her bathroom, where she began to undo the braids in her mane and tail, letting them fall freely before she took a brush and started brushing them out. With that done, she went into her bedroom and straight to the closet, looking for an outfit for the evening. She grinned as she looked through her clothes, and an idea began to form…

Not too long after she finished getting ready, she heard Silver knock at her door, and she trotted down the stairs to greet him. What he saw when she opened the door was Sunny wearing a short-sleeve fishnet top, covered by a red short-sleeve bolero, and a short red skirt. “What do you think?” she asked him as she struck a pose.

He looked at her in awe. What did I do to deserve such a beautiful mare? he wondered, before he grinned and told her, “You look great!”

She giggled at that. “Well thank you.” She looked at his own outfit and smirked, “Huh… not bad.”

“Did I do okay?” he asked worriedly. “I don’t really know what to wear at a nightclub…”

“It’s fine, Silver,” she told him. “Though, you need to undo a couple buttons,” she told him, poking at the top two, which he undid with his magic. “And roll up your sleeves,” she advised him, which he did until they were above his elbows. “Hmm… yeah, that looks perfect,” she told him with a nod.

“Yeah?” he asked, looking himself over.

“Yes,” she said with a smile. “In fact, I think we make a nice contrast; you with your white and blue, me with my red and black... I think we’re gonna turn some heads tonight.” She stepped through the doorway and closed the door behind her. “So, shall we go?”

He nodded, and they walked together to the club. By the time they reached it, ponies were already heading inside, and they took their place at the back of the line. It wasn’t long before they were in the club, the music already going as the DJ bobbed his head with the beat. Sunny dragged Silver straight to the dance floor, and the two began to dance.

Sunny was grinning the whole time, and she moved all around with the beat, bobbing and swaying and kicking, and having a wonderful time through it all. Her active dancing put Silver’s more subdued moves to shame, though he did his best to keep up without embarrassing himself.

“You keep dancing like that, and you’ll wear yourself out!” he warned her as they danced.

“I don’t care, I’m having too much fun!” she replied as she bobbed her head with the beat. “Come on Silver, you gotta cut loose!”

“I AM cutting loose!” he mock-complained as he moved with the music. “Excuse me if I don’t wanna just flail around!”

She giggled at that, and told him, “Oh, come on! At least shake that cute butt of yours!” She swayed her hips with the beat to accentuate her point.

“S-Sunny!” He blushed deeply at that, his tail tucking a bit. “I’m not gonna shake my butt anywhere! …And it’s certainly not cute!”

“Oh it most certainly is!” she argued with a grin. “But fine, I’ll let you dance your way. I just hope you’re having fun.”

“I am, don’t worry about me,” he told her, and it was true; he was enjoying himself, even if it was only his second time dancing. Though while Sunny was confident in her abilities on the dance floor, Silver didn’t dare do more than move and bob to the beat of the music.

The music was loud, and the beat remained steady as the couple danced through song after song. After a while, Silver was starting to feel the burn in his legs, but Sunny was starting to pant from the exertion, and he looked at her in concern. “Sunny, are you alright?” he asked.

She stopped dancing and nodded. “Fine, just… whew… getting tired…” she replied. “How about we sit down and get something to drink?”

“Fine by me. Come on,” he told her, leading her through the crowd and to an empty table. The two of them sat down, and he couldn’t help telling her, “I did say you should take it easy, didn’t I?”

“Oh hush,” she said with a smirk.

“I’ll get us some drinks,” he told her. “What did you want?”

“How about a daiquiri? Doesn’t matter what kind,” she said as she fanned herself.

“Alright,” he responded, heading off to the bar to get their drinks. He came back after a couple minutes with a hard cider for himself, and a strawberry daiquiri for Sunny. She smiled and thanked him for the drink before she began chugging it, needing something cold to cool her off.

“Try not to choke,” he said with a chuckle as he sipped his cider.

She put down the empty glass with a happy sigh. “That hit the spot…”

“Feeling better now?” he wondered as he slowly worked on his drink.

“Yeah… But I think I’m done dancing tonight,” she told him. “If I do any more, I’ll probably be sore in the morning.” They probably could have gone on for a couple more hours if she had paced herself, but she was having too much fun to slow down.

“So you wanna head home, then?” he asked.

She pouted, and her ears folded as she said, “If we head home, then the day’s over, and I don’t want today to be over yet.”

He chuckled, and said, “Well it has to end at some point, and I think this is a good place to end it.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right,” she said, looking defeated. “Back to normal life tomorrow, I guess…”

“Hey, don’t worry, we can totally do this again sometime,” he told her. “Besides, if every day was like this then it wouldn’t be very special, would it?”

She giggled softly and nodded, “You’re right… Yeah, let’s go, Silver.” The two got up, and headed out the door. He offered to take her home, and she agreed, so the two began walking toward Succulent Sweets. They enjoyed some casual conversation as their coats rubbed together with each step while the two gazed up at the beautiful stars shining down upon them.

Eventually, though all too soon for either of their likings, they reached the shop. They turned to face each other, and Silver sighed as he said, “I guess this is goodnight, huh?”

Sunny remained quiet for a few moments, before responding, “It doesn’t have to be, you know.” She smiled at his confused expression, and asked, “Would you like to stay over tonight?” She couldn’t help but giggle at the blush on his face, and shook her head, telling him, “No, not like that! I just meant, you know, to cuddle… I just thought it’d be nice to snuggle with my special somepony tonight.”

“O-oh… w-well then, yeah, alright,” he said with a nod. While most stallions would probably jump at the chance for a passionate night with a beautiful mare like Sunny, he wasn’t ready to bare that part of himself. It would be a while before he felt comfortable enough with Sunny to give her his virginity.

She opened the side door and allowed him inside, before she led him upstairs to her bedroom. He couldn’t help but feel nervous about being in her room that first time, even if it was only to cuddle. She noticed that though, and gave him a soft kiss. “Don’t worry, I won’t bite,” she teased him.

He chuckled and nodded, and undid his dress shirt and tie, tossing both into the laundry basket in the corner. He noticed Sunny still working on getting her outfit off, and asked, “Did you want some help with that?”

She shook her head and smiled. “I got myself into this thing, and I can get myself out of it. Why don’t you get comfy on the bed while I finish up?”

He nodded and climbed into the bed, and laid on his side. A whole day of running around with his special somepony was finally catching up with him, and he began to feel drowsy. Before sleep could take him, however, he felt the bed move as Sunny got on it.

She scooted over and wrapped her forelegs around him, gently spooning with the stallion as she nuzzled the crook of his neck. “Goodnight, Silver,” she whispered as she closed her eyes and began to drift off to sleep.

“Goodnight Sunny,” he responded, moving a hoof to gently hold hers. He felt warm and safe in her embrace, as though she alone could protect him from the monsters of the world. His eyelids felt heavy, and between his weariness and comfort, he quickly drifted off to sleep.