• Published 17th Mar 2016
  • 310 Views, 11 Comments

Sky Blossom - SnoringDragonProductions



Sky Blossom was a girl... until she became a pegasus. Stuck in a magical world, she is forced to accept help from a strange voice she does not even know. Can she get home? Most importantly, is home worth returning to?

  • ...
 11
 310

I Don't Blame Him

“Twilight, I need your help.” Rainbow Dash said as soon as Twilight finished speaking. She shifted her weight from hoof to hoof as if she was getting ready to sprint at a moment’s notice.

“What’s the matter Rainbow? You seem…” Twilight began. She looked at the crazed look in the pegasus’ eyes and her disheveled mane before continuing. “tense?”

“Tense? I am way more than tense Twilight!” Rainbow yelled as she began to pace back and forth. “We have a very big problem. Remember that one pegasus I brought to you? The quiet one that said she came from Moostangula?”

“You mean Mustangia?” Twilight said with a smile.

“Yeah, yeah whatever.” Rainbow dismissed Twilight with a wave of her hoof. “I think she has been talking to Discord.”

“Discord?” Twilight said with surprise. “What could make you think that? We haven’t heard from Discord since…” She trailed off as she remembered the day Discord had betrayed her and her friends. Although she had forgiven Discord and it had seemed like her friends had as well, it still hurt to think about what he had done. The day after, it had seemed like all the progress they had made with Discord had faded away.

……….

Twilight had been having a picnic with her friends to celebrate banishing Tirek. The sky had been clear of almost all clouds. The only ones remaining were white and fluffy. Rainbow Dash had been napping on one of them while she waited for Rarity to finish plating the sandwiches. Her rainbow mane blew in the soft breeze as she snored. Rolling over onto her back, she stretched before lazily opening her eyes. When she saw that Rarity was still deciding whether to use the checkered napkins or the embroidered ones, she groaned and rolled off of the cloud. Narrowing her eyes at the few prepared plates, she hovered next to her friend.

“Aren’t you done yet?” She asked in a whiny voice.

“Not yet darling. I want this picnic to be perfect!” Rarity replied with a flourish as she settled on what napkin she wanted to use. She then lifted the basket with her magic and looked inside. Her deep blue eyes widened with shock. “NO!”

“What now?” Rainbow said with disdain.

“I forgot the silverware! Of all the worst things that could happen this is… the… worst… possible… THING!” Her eyes were blazing with panic as she shook the basket.

“Rarity.” Rainbow said in a dull voice. “We are eating sandwiches. We don’t need silverware.”

“Yeah Rarity! We can just stuff our faces!” Pinkie pie screamed as she smacked her face onto a nearby plate. When she raised her head, pieces of bread and hay fell from her hair.

“Yes, of course.” Rarity said while faking a smile.

“Finally!” Rainbow Dash yelled as she grabbed another plate and began stuffing her face.

Twilight looked on with mild disgust. She did not bother to point out that they were still waiting for Fluttershy to arrive. She knew that Fluttershy would not mind and that Rainbow would not stop eating anyway. Instead, she turned her face towards the sky and watched the clouds float by. Her eyes began to close as she relaxed her body. It had been incredibly stressful for the past few days and she was enjoying the chance to finally stop worrying. The tension melted from her muscles like butter on a piece of bread. Sighing with contentment, she did not hear the hoof steps approaching until a shadow was cast over her.

“Um… Twilight?” A soft voice said from behind her.

“Fluttershy! I am so glad you are here! What took you so long?” Twilight said with a grin as she turned around. Her smile fell from her face when she saw who had accompanied her friend.

“Hello Twilight!” A smug voice said with obvious delight at her expression.

“I hope you don’t mind that I brought Discord.” Flutter shy said with a hint of panic in her voice. Her eyes darted back and forth between her two friends.

“No. Not at all.” Twilight said with beads of sweat trickling down her face. Even though she had made peace with him after the Tirek incident, her heart still began to race.

“WHAT IS HE DOING HERE!” A raspy voice shouted.

“Oh no.” Fluttershy mumbled.

“Hello Rainbow Dash.” Discord said with obvious reluctance. His eyes narrowed as the rainbow maned pegasus pressed her face into his.

Her eyes were blazing as she examined him. Roughly, she pressed a hoof into his chest and pushed him backward. “Why are you here Discord?”

Discord brushed himself off with a feather duster before answering. His eyes were studying her red violet ones intently. They seemed to burn with fire as well. His voice remained smooth as butter however. “I was invited by my dear friend Fluttershy.”

“Friend huh?” Rainbow Dash said with a bitter laugh. She flapped her wings fiercely as she continued. “Was she your friend when you betrayed her?”

“Dashie! That’s not fair!” Fluttershy said sternly as she flew to Discord. Landing lightly on her hooves, she stood beside him. Her eyes seemed to plead with Rainbow to behave.

“I said I was sorry!” Discord said with a wounded look.

“That helps! You almost destroyed Equestria!” Rainbow yelled loudly.

“Everyone makes mistakes.” Flutter shy interrupted softly.

“Tirek lied to me! He tricked me too you know!” Discord said with a scowl. His voice began to raise in volume. “I thought he was on my side! I wasn’t going to actually let him hurt you!”

“He did hurt us! He took our strength and you just watched!” Rainbow said as she began to fly toward Discord. “He hurt us and it was your fault!”

“Rainbow! Please!” Fluttershy said with watery eyes.

“He took mine too!” Discord interrupted with flaming eyes.

“Good! You deserved it!” Rainbow began to stammer with anger. “You know… you were just a… I can’t believe you even… you are a…”


“A what?” Discord said. His voice was dangerously low.

“A MONSTER!” Rainbow finished with venom dripping from her voice.

“You think I don’t know that! I betrayed you all! I get it!” Discord said. Wind began to swirl around him as his yelling became more frantic. “But nothing can change that! Do you think that I haven’t relived it all over again!”

“Discord please!” Fluttershy screamed as flashes of plaid lightning began to shoot from Discord. The lightning struck as rock and caused it to grow spider legs. Fluttershy jumped as another bolt struck close to her and caused a flower to grow wings.

“I have seen it all over and over!” Discord said. His eyes were glazed over as if he was watching it at that moment. “You all losing your strength!”

Twilight’s eyes widened as the bolts of lightning struck more and more. She looked for the rest of her friends and was relieved to see them taking shelter from the wind behind a large boulder. Applejack held onto her hat while Rarity cried over the ruined picnic. Pinkie Pie watched everything with deflated hair and blank eyes. Twilight turned her attention back to the out of control Discord and the distraught Fluttershy who was trying to talk to him.

“Discord! Can you hear me?” Fluttershy said as she watched her friend float higher and higher away from her. “Please! Listen to me!

“You all looking at me like I am a monster!” Discord continued to yell.

“Please stop! I don’t blame you!” Fluttershy tried to open her wings but they seemed glued to her body. “No… no… NO!” She whimpered as her wings refused to budge.

Rainbow Dash was now on the ground. She stared at Discord with steely eyes as her hooves dug into the ground to stop her from being pushed away by the wind. Her mane and tail flew frantically behind her as the wind grew stronger. Gritting her teeth, Rainbow Dash took a deep breath before calling out. “Just leave! You’re ruining everything!”

“Rainbow Dash stop it!” Fluttershy yelled through her tears.

As if something snapped inside of Discord, the wind stopped. The lightning bolts ceased and the changed objects returned to normal. He blinked a few times and looked around as if he wasn’t sure where he was. Seeing the ruined picnic and Fluttershy’s tear streaked face, it all came back to him. His eyes were a thunderstorm of guilt as he gave the landscape one last look. Snapping his fingers, a flash of white light blinded the ponies for a moment.

Fluttershy opened her eyes and blinked to try and regain her vision. Gasping, she marveled at the amazing picnic that was spread out in front of her. The sandwiches were the best she had ever seen. The blanket did not have a single wrinkle and the silverware sparkled like diamonds. Looking at her friends, she noticed that none of them looked like the wind had touched them at all. Her own mane was no longer a disheveled mess and she no longer felt the wetness of her tears on her cheeks. Placing a hoof to her face, she realized that it was dry.

“Discord.” She whispered. Looking around, her eyes grew frantic as she realized that she did not see him anywhere. “Discord? DISCORD!”

“He’s gone.” Twilight said softly.

“Good riddance.” Rainbow said with a scowl.

Turning around quickly, Fluttershy walked toward Rainbow Dash with smoldering eyes. The deep teal ocean of her eyes swirled with a savage storm. “This is all because of you Rainbow Dash!” Fluttershy yelled as she thrust her hoof accusingly at her friend.

“Me?” Rainbow said with shock. “What did I do?”

“You provoked him!” The pale pegasus said with outrage. “You called him a monster!”

“He is! He did all this! Not me!” Rainbow Dash said as she took a step towards Fluttershy.

“No he didn’t! It was a mistake, he was sorry!” Fluttershy said as fresh tears formed.

“Didn’t he betray us?” Rainbow Dash asked with a cold voice.

“Yes… but” Fluttershy began.

“Didn’t he join Tirek?” Rainbow interrupted.

“Yes.” Fluttershy looked at the ground as she answered.

“Why did you even bring him?” Rarity asked as she stepped between Fluttershy and Rainbow. Her deep eyes were filled with concern as she noticed the shy pegasus wilt.

“I thought you all forgave him. I just wanted to show him that you were all his friends.” Fluttershy began. “He didn’t want to come. He… he told me that he had been having nightmares. He thought you all blamed him.”

“We do blame him.” Rainbow stated bluntly.

“I don’t blame him.” Fluttershy said as she broke down into tears.

……….

“I haven’t spoke to Discord since the… picnic.” Twilight began reluctantly.

“Neither have I.” Rainbow Dash said while averting her gaze. She mentally added that she had not spoken to Fluttershy very much since then either. “But I am sure he has been speaking to Sky Blossom. I need your help to make him stop or at least make her stop.”

Twilight thought for a moment before answering with a sigh. “Okay. Tell her to meet me at…”