• Published 17th Mar 2016
  • 310 Views, 11 Comments

Sky Blossom - SnoringDragonProductions



Sky Blossom was a girl... until she became a pegasus. Stuck in a magical world, she is forced to accept help from a strange voice she does not even know. Can she get home? Most importantly, is home worth returning to?

  • ...
 11
 310

His Name Is

They soon reached a large tree that looked as if it was made of crystals. Sky Blossom felt small as she gazed up at the large structure. Who could possibly live in there? It seemed big enough to house thousands of ponies but based on what she had heard from their conversation on the way… it only held one. One pony and her dragon. Sky Blossom shivered as she imagined a huge, scaly, sharp toothed dragon opening the door. He might breathe fire and have razor claws. She felt faint as she imagined what would happen if she said the wrong thing in front of the dragon. Spike, that is what she heard Pinkie Pie call him, would be very protective of his master. After all, based on what little she knew about dragons, he would be a fearsome beast that attacked anyone who threatened what he held dear.

Sky Blossom hoped these ponies knew what they were doing. They had called Twilight their friend, but what kind of a friend was she? She must be someone very important for her to live in such a magnificent castle with such a dreadful protector. Sky Blossom shivered as Pinkie Pie knocked on the front door. It rang out in a low, dreary sound. It was as if the door itself was telling Sky Blossom to flee, to fly away from the intimidating place. She wished she could.

‘I shouldn’t be able to fly at all. What is going on?’ Sky Blossom thought as she waited for someone to open the massive door.

“SPIKE!” Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash both cheered at the same time.

Sky Blossom closed her eyes and waited for a loud roar to tell her that the beast had arrived. To her surprise, a small voice asked in a whisper. “What is the matter with her?”

She opened her eyes slowly. Her gaze drifted down to see the small, purple dragon that stood in front of her. He was the exact opposite of the dreadful beast she had created in her mind. His claws were not razor, his eyes did not drill through her, and he did not engulf her in flames the moment she dared look at him. The two ponies were looking at her with concern as Sky Blossom studied Spike. Rainbow Dash moved to the side, partially obscuring Spike from her vision as if she was shielding him from a predator. Sky Blossom could tell that she did not trust her yet. She sighed and looked at the grass for a moment. She tried to think of something to say to ease the tension. Anything to let them know that she was nothing to be wary of. Spike continued to look at her with his bright, green eyes.

“Hi, my name is Sky Blossom.” She said as she tried to put on a convincing smile.

“Hi Sky Blossom. My name’s Spike!” Spike said as he grabbed her front hoof in his hand.

His scales were hard and cold and she tried not to shiver as he touched her. After all, she did not want to be rude. Instead she held her smile the best she could and tried not to let her fear show in her eyes. All she wanted was to get inside, away from all the strange, equine inhabitants of the world she found herself in. Once the handshake was finished, Spike motioned for them to walk into the castle. Sky Blossom made sure to linger at the back so she could look around without being questioned. If this place was ordinary to the others she did not want to seem too overwhelmed a make a bigger rift between her and Rainbow Dash, Sky Blossom’s wing twitched as she remembered the feeling of being on her back. It had been nice to be in the air when she had felt safe. The wind was cool and crisp up there. A small smile formed on her face, a real smile.

‘This place really is an amazing place. I just wish I knew how I got here.’ Sky Blossom thought. She tried to remember what it had felt like to have fingers. ‘It is so weird but I feel natural walking like this. I should get home before I completely forget what I used to be.’

“Twilight! Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash are here to see you! They brought a friend, her name is Sky Blossom!” Spike called out as he led them through the castle.

“Coming Spike!” A feminine voice called out. A purple pony appeared from around a corner and flew towards them. Her straight mane flew behind her as she approached.

Sky Blossom noticed in surprise that she had wings and a horn. On the walk there she had seen many different ponies but she had never seen one with both before. Her instincts told her that it must be something important. Her brain rattled around as she tried to decide what it meant. Before she could come to a conclusion, Spike told her. He leaned in close to her ear and whispered that Twilight was the Princess of Friendship and that she had nothing to feel nervous about. According to Spike, Twilight was the nicest pony you could meet, aside from Fluttershy, and that she did not have to worry about being formal. Sky Blossom breathed a sigh of relief. She had lucked out. Now they would not know that she had been ignorant about what being an alicorn meant. Her body tingled as the princess looked at her with purple eyes. An ocean seemed to be churning around in her stomach as she tried to decide what to do next.

“Sky Blossom is it? What can I do for all today?” Twilight asked.

“I… um… that is…” Sky Blossom began in a soft voice.

“She can’t remember where she came from.” Rainbow Dash interrupted in an irritated voice. Her gaze fixed on Sky Blossom, seeming to make her wilt.

“Rainbow Dash, I am sure Sky Blossom is capable of telling me herself if you would give her a chance,” Twilight snapped at Rainbow Dash, She turned to the shivering Pegasus with an apologetic look. “Sorry about that, Rainbow Dash can be a bit brash sometimes.”

“It’s okay.” Sky Blossom said with a small smile. She was beginning to like Twilight.

“Come with me. We can check the maps until we find the place you are looking for.” They all began to walk down a long hallway. The shimmering crystal walls threatened to blind Sky Blossom as she looked around. The walls were decorated with pictures of ponies. She could see Pinkie Pie, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and even Spike but there were also other ponies she had not met. An orange mare with freckles smiled while eating an apple pie in one picture, while a sophisticated looking unicorn wore a bedazzled dress in another. Sky Blossom noticed Spike admiring the picture as well, perhaps for a little too long. She smiled as she passed one of a delicate looking Pegasus holding a bunny. For some reason she felt calm when she looked at the picture, as if the Pegasus was an old friend. As she walked away she spared a second to glance back at the picture. It was at that moment that she remembered what she had wanted to say. Clearing her throat, Sky Blossom timidly said Twilight’s name.

“Yes?” Twilight asked without looking back.

“Well, um when I was being uh…” Sky Blossom looked at Rainbow Dash with a look of fear before continuing. “taught how to fly by Rainbow Dash I saw something, something strange.”

“What was it?” Twilight asked with a quick glance at Sky Blossom. Her hoof steps slowed so she would be walking side by side with the nervous pony.

“I saw these eyes, but there was no body attached to them. They were um…” Sky Blossom thought back to what she had seen. “yellow with red irises and when the… thing… spoke his voice was… well… smooth and almost mocking.” Sky Blossom did not know why her heart skipped a beat when she thought back to the sound of the voice.

“Yellow and red. It can’t be, can it?” Twilight said quietly. She did not meet Sky Blossom’s gaze. “I think you met…”

“Here are the maps!” Spike called out. He held the door open for the ponies to walk through. Twilight quickly trotted into the room without finishing her sentence. Sky Blossom reached a hoof out in desperation but could not bring herself to make contact with the alicorn. Eyes lowered and ears down, she followed the others through the door. Pinkie Pie bounced and landed in front of Sky Blossom with a worried face. The Pegasus only jumped slightly, she was getting used to the pink pony’s antics.

“What’s wrong Sky Blossom? You look like Discord just splashed you with chocolate milk and left out the whipped cream!” Pinkie Pie said with a loud laugh.

“Discord?” Sky Blossom asked.

“Don’t say that name!” Rainbow Dash hissed angrily through clenched teeth. Twilight was busy looking through the maps and did not notice.

Sky Blossom trembled as she met the fierce gaze of the simmering Pegasus. Swallowing the lump in her throat Sky Blossom…