• Published 17th Mar 2016
  • 310 Views, 11 Comments

Sky Blossom - SnoringDragonProductions



Sky Blossom was a girl... until she became a pegasus. Stuck in a magical world, she is forced to accept help from a strange voice she does not even know. Can she get home? Most importantly, is home worth returning to?

  • ...
 11
 310

Hello There

Sky Blossom stared in awe at the scene before her. It was magnificent! The rainbow waterfall seemed to go down for miles. The soft foam at the bottom bubbled with froth, merging all the colors together before her very eyes. Moisture beaded at the sides of her sky blue eyes. For a moment she actually did not feel scared or overwhelmed at what was happening to her. Sky Blossom was even able to forget that she was currently sitting on top of Rainbow Dash. That was until she heard the brisk voice of the Pegasus interrupt her reverent thoughts.

“All right, ready to fly?” Rainbow Dash barked out at the small Pegasus on her back.

“Wh-wh-what?” Sky Blossom stammered in fear as she noticed the Pegasus shift underneath her. Her wings once again snapped to her sides.

“Look, this is the perfect place to fly. The waterfall is nice and relaxing, plus all the scenery and junk makes you forget you are flying.” Rainbow Dash explained patiently as Sky Blossom grabbed hold of her neck.

“Um… no thanks.” Sky Blossom mumbled as she hid her face in Rainbow Dash’s multicolored mane. Her cheeks burned fiery at the contact but she did not release her. This was no time to let her shyness get her killed. Rainbow Dash sighed before shaking her head around in an attempt to dislodge the small mare. It did not work, Sky Blossom stayed clung on to her like a tick.

“Look… um…” Rainbow Dash began. She fidgeted in the sky as she tried to remember the pony’s name. ‘It was something Blossom. Shy Blossom? Pie Blossom?’ She thought.

“SKY BLOSSOM!” Pinkie Pie’s voice called from below.

‘How did she?’ Rainbow Dash thought in surprise. She soon dismissed the thought because Pinkie Pie could do almost anything and she had long ago given up trying to decide how.

“Look, Sky Blossom, flying is easy. Once you get the feel of the wind underneath your wings you’ll forget all about being scared!” Rainbow Dash said with great confidence.

‘Will I forget about the fact that I am hundreds of feet above the ground?’ Sky Blossom thought with great annoyance. She kept her comments to herself, however. After all, this pony was the only thing between her and a fall to her death.

Soon there was nothing between herself and a fall to her death. Rainbow Dash suddenly bucked in the air, tossing the yellow Pegasus into the blue sky. A high pitched scream filled the air as Sky Blossom began to hurl towards the earth. Her mane whipped around her face as she fell faster and faster. Eyes closed and mouth open, Sky Blossom continued to go down. Tears slid through her eyelids and flew through the air beside her. Vaguely she could hear Pinkie Pie cheering her on and Rainbow Dash giving her advice. All noise seemed to go in one ear and out the other. Her muscles began to tighten as she became paralyzed with fear. Sky Blossom was taken back to another moment in her life when she had felt the same way. Her mind began to transport her back long ago.

‘No, stay away from me!. Don’t come any closer or you’ll regret it!’ She yelled in her mind. Her voice was shrill and unthreatening. The shapes continued to get closer and closer. They were almost upon her. ‘Stay away from me you sick, revolting monsters!’ Sky Blossom wished she hadn’t of said that the moment she saw their eyes. They were mad now. Before it might have been a ruse to scare her, something to give them a rush before they departed into the night. Now they were going to go through with it. Sky Blossom wished she had kept her mouth shut. Nothing would have happened if she had kept her mouth shut.

She opened her eyes as her mind transported her back to what was happening. The ground was only a few feet away now. It was too late for her to even attempt to open her wings. Sky Blossom prepared for impact, for the smack, for the pain, for the end of life… and felt nothing. A timid blue eye opened up slowly. Something was keeping her suspended above the hard ground. She couldn’t see anything around her though. There was no glow that suggested anything magical. Two yellow and red eyes suddenly appeared in front of her face.

“Hello there.” A voice called out from the nowhere.

Sky Blossom...