• Published 12th Mar 2016
  • 1,489 Views, 16 Comments

My Little Apples - Ashura



This is the story of how two little ponies changed a womans life from boring to better, and from better to beautiful.

  • ...
2
 16
 1,489

The eyes of an Earth Pony

Chapter 3

Thank goodness it's Saturday today, I don't think I would have been able to face going to my classes after last night. I had fallen asleep the in armchair that was next to the couch. When I brought the baby pony, that I know remembered was called Applebloom in the show, back to the living room. I sat down on the armchair and just thought about what on earth I was going to do with these two.

“I'll figure it out in the morning.” I told myself. “I just need a good night's sleep”.

And with that being said, I fell asleep right then and there, Apple Bloom sleeping peacefully on the floor. I spread out a blanket so that she would be comfortable and folded it over her so that she wouldn't be too cold.


I woke feeling particularly well rested, which is strange considering the fact that I fell asleep at around 3:30 am. I didn't open my eyes, I just sat there, enjoying the feeling of the sun coming in through the window warming me up. But the sun wasn't the only thing I felt. There was something pressed up against my thigh. I opened my eyes to see what it was. It was the orange pony, Applejack. She must have gotten off the couch at one point and came over here. I stretched out my hand and started running it through her straw colored hair. She didn't wake up, but a smile slowly spread across her face. And across mine too. And there I sat until the two ponies woke up.


The sun was high in the sky by the time they got up. Or more specifically, by the time Apple Bloom got up. I was just sitting in my armchair, stroking Applejack's mane when Apple Bloom started to cry. I gently lifted Applejack's head off of my lap, picked up the baby pony and brought her with me to the kitchen so that I could see if I had anything that I could feed her. Once both the ponies were fed, only then would I decide what to do with them. Leaving them hungry while I thought would have been cruel.
Anyway, I seem to remember that in a particular episode of MLP that babies drank milk, just like human babies. That was the good news, the bad news was that I didn't have any baby formula.
I stood there, thinking about how to procure some baby formula without leaving these two alone, while Apple Bloom nibbled my hair.

“I guess I'll just have do that thing where customers call the supermarket and tell them what they want.” I said to myself.

I fished my mobile phone out of my pocket and unlocked it. I brought up the dial pad when I realized that I didn't know he number. Thankfully, I had Internet so I looked it up.

“0...666...237...250” I muttered as I entered the number.

I waited silently as the phone rang. Finally, someone answered.

“Good morning, my name is Elliot. How may I help you today?” said a young sounding man on the phone.

“Um.. Yes, hello. I need some baby formula, some milk, sliced whole wheat bread and some marmite please.” I said, ticking off the items as I ran the list through my head.

“Would you like to try out our express delivery system?” asked Elliot.

“Umm...” I could hear Apple Bloom start to cry in my ear. Better make it fast. “Yes please.”

“Very well. We will have your shopping at your door in 40 minutes time. Thank you for choosing Harry's superstore for your needs. The best supermarket around.” Said the man.

The only supermarket around, I thought, as I hung up the phone.

Almost an hour later, the doorbell finally rang. I ran to the door as I tried to calm Applebloom. I almost opened the door when I realized exactly what I was carrying in my arms.

“Damn!”

I ran back to the living room and put her down next to Applejack, who was still sleeping comfortably in the armchair.

“Don't fall off.” I said. I didn't know what that would achieve. I just hoped that she would understand. She looked at my with wide eyes as I left the room, gurgling away happily.

I ran back to the door and pulled it open, out of breath.

“Hi!” I said as I took deep breaths.

“Good morning! I'm Elliot. I have what you ordered.” Said the man. I was right, he was young. Barely any older than I am by the look of him.

“Thank you.” I replied as he handed me my groceries.

“Just doing my duty.” said Elliot. “Thank you for using Harry's Superstore for your shopping needs. Have a nice day!”

Elliot turned and walked back to his van. I rolled my eyes. His duty? Seriously? I shut the door and started heading back to the living room when I heard a soft thump. Apple Bloom started crying not long after.
I rushed back to the living room to find out what had happened. Apple Bloom had fallen of the armchair. I hurried to where she had fallen and picked her up so that I could calm her. I looked her over to see if she was hurt but she looked perfectly fine. I inspected the area where she fell, there was a bunch of pillows there that were very conveniently placed. I don't remember putting those there... And where's Applejack, by the way?

I glanced around the room, searching for the orange filly. I heard a door open and close and saw her trot back in the room with my pillow. She looked at Apple Bloom, who was still crying as I held her in my arms. Applejack looked at the stack of pillows and saw the clear shape of a baby pony embedded in it. She spat out the pillow and glared at me. She didn't need to say anything, her accusing eyes said it all... You shouldn't have left her alone.