• Published 12th Mar 2016
  • 1,488 Views, 16 Comments

My Little Apples - Ashura



This is the story of how two little ponies changed a womans life from boring to better, and from better to beautiful.

  • ...
2
 16
 1,488

Home Sweet Home

Chapter 2

I slowed my bike as we approached my home, the little orange filly still observing her surroundings. I stopped in front of my buildings shared garage and walked up to the large door. I put the bike up against the wall and opened the garage.

“They really need to install one of those things that let you open the garage electrically.” I said as I struggled to open the heavy door.

Once I had finally managed to open the garage. I went back to my bike and brought it inside. I put it up against the wall again and closed the door. It shut with a loud bang, causing me to curse under my breath.

“Damn... I hope that didn't wake my neighbors, I have enough problems to deal with as it is.”

I turned back to my bike so that I could take the orange filly out of the basket, but she wasn't in the basket anymore.

“This is just wonderful...”

I looked around the garage to try and find out where she had gone. I finally found her in the corner furthest from me, that look of defiance back in her eyes. I sighed, this was going to be complicated. How do I get her to trust me enough that she'll come with me? I can't just take her, she could probably knock quite a few of my teeth out with those hooves of hers.

“It's OK. You don't have to be scared of me. I'm not going to hurt you.”

She kept staring at me with that look. I sighed again.

I had hoped that just saying that would work because it works in cartoons. And she is a cartoon character after all. But no luck, I'll just have to think of something else. I started pacing around the cold room, trying to think of a way to get her to come into my house where it's warmer and better lit up. Because the bad lighting had always scared me somewhat... And maybe it would scare the little pony? I stared at her, thinking.

I don't want to traumatize her, she could panic and trash the garage. And then I'd be in serious trouble. She might even attack me out of fear. I bit my lip, hesitating on whether I should do it or not. Turning off the lights and leaving the room wasn't exactly a master plan, but I didn't have any better ideas. I headed for the door that would lead me to the stairwell, opened it and stepped out of the garage, flipping the light switch as I left.
I waited in front of the door, hoping that my plan would work, that she would come out. I didn't have to wait very long, it took her less then a minute to come rushing out of the garage. I could hear her hooves striking the cemented floor... hard. Was she charging at me? I couldn't be sure what her intentions were and I couldn't even see her to avoid her. Before I could do anything, she zoomed out of the garage and clung to my leg as if her life depended on it. She was looking at the dark and cold garage, as if something would come out of the shadows and eat her.

I got down on one knee and put a hand on her back, gently rubbing it so that she would calm down. She turned her head towards me and looked at me, the expression of mistrust had disappeared, at least for now. It had been replaced with a much softer look, in eyes that were now staring at me. I smiled at the pony and she turned to look back at the garage.

“It's OK, there's nothing in there that wants to hurt you or can.” I said, still rubbing her back.

She let go of my leg a few minutes later and I got back up. I picked up the pony that could potentially knock my teeth out and carried her up the stairs.


By the time I'd reached my floor, I was puffing for air. She was heavier then she looked. I put her down on my welcome mat and fished out the key to the front door from my pocket. I slid the key into the lock and opened the door. I walked through and then held the door open, waiting for her to follow me in. I don't know if it was the warmth or the long, dark, grey corridor that convinced her to come in. But come in she did. I lifted my arm up, showing her the direction of my living room, a couch with a table and chair. She followed the direction my arm was pointing towards and then looked at me.

“Go ahead, it's better over there.” I said reassuringly.

The orange filly looked towards the living room and then trotted towards the couch. She jumped onto the couch and just lay down, looking at me the whole time I walked towards her. When I got to her, I saw that she was still shivering slightly so I picked the blanket that had fallen off the couch when I rushed to get to work... Was that really only 3 hours ago? I wrapped the blanket around the filly who looked at me gratefully and then rest her head on her hooves.

Soon, I heard soft breathing coming from the filly. She had fallen asleep. I guess it had been a long and eventful day. I couldn't help but smile, this was such a nice moment. And the moment was immediately ruined when I remembered...

“The second pony!”

I jumped off the couch and ran back down the stairs to the garage. I opened the door and flipped the switch to turn the light on again. I ran to the bag that I had left hanging on bike's handle bar. I gently took the bag off the handle and looked inside. The baby pony was fast asleep in the bag, her hoof in her mouth and a peaceful look on her face. I broke into a smile again.

“Phew...” I whispered to myself.

I went back up the stairs and returned to my living room. I gently took her out of the bag, taking care not to wake her, and sat on the couch next to the other pony. And that's how I slept. A pony in my arms and another on my left.