• Published 12th Mar 2016
  • 1,489 Views, 16 Comments

My Little Apples - Ashura



This is the story of how two little ponies changed a womans life from boring to better, and from better to beautiful.

  • ...
2
 16
 1,489

An Unexpected Morning

Chapter 5

After having fed the two ponies. I decided to try and find out more about what had happened and how they got here.

"Applejack? Can we talk?" I asked

Applejack turned her head and looked at me. She hoped down from her chair and trotted back to the couch where Apple Bloom lay sleeping. She jumped onto the couch and I sat in the chair across from her.

"So... Do you have any idea how you ended up here? On Earth?" I started. Maybe I could have started with a better question, but I didn't really know what was going on. So finding relevant questions wasn't easy.

"No, I don't. All ah remember is someone screamin' and a flash of light. Sorry." replied the orange pony.

"Right... Well. If you don't know, I guess we're not going to find out anytime soon. But what a.bout before the flash of light? Where did the both of you come from?" I smiled, curious about their home.

"Ah... Ah don't remember..." she repeated.

"You mean you have no memory of anything from before the flash?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"Not a thing." she stated with a sad little smile.

"Do you at least remember your name? Or who she is?" I asked, gesturing towards Apple Bloom.

"AH DON'T REMEMBER ANYTHING! ALRIGHT!?" she shouted at me suddenly. I looked at her in shock as she got of the couch angrily and trotted away. She looked at one of my potted plants angrily. She turned her back to it and pulled one of her back legs in. I realized what she was about to do and before I could say anything she kicked it. I watched as it sailed across the room and crashed through the window. That was my favorite plant. I turned my head around to face Applejack. I looked at her hooves. Those things are deadly. I thought to myself.
She had her back to me now. Just sitting next to a small pile of dirt and a few lonely leaves.

That was... unexpected. I didn't mean to upset her like that. I was just surprised that she didn't remember anything whatsoever.

Yes, I know that you didn't mean it! But you're suppose to go tell her that!

Woah! Who are you?

I'm your conscience, we don't talk much. But I'm irrelevant to the story. Just go talk to her!

Story? What do you mean story?

Forget it! You won't understand yet! Just go talk to Applejack!!

Alright! Fine! Why'd my conscience have to be so pushy? I wondered with a pout.

I heard that...

Oh go bother my subconscious and leave me alone.

I can't. He never listens to me.

But my conscience's comment fell on death ears. For I had already gotten up and walked cautiously towards Applejack. When I reached her, I didn't hear any crying. Maybe she wasn't that hurt. I thought hopefully.

Or maybe she cries on the inside.

Oh, shut up.

I got down on my knees next to her. Whether she noticed my presence or not, I had no idea. So I just started with what I did know.

"You're name's Applejack. And the pony drooling on my couch over there is Apple Bloom, your sister."

She lifted her head and looked towards where Apple Bloom was napping.

"Mah sister? Are ya sure? She doesn't look anything like me..."

"I'm sure Applejack."

She looked me straight in the eyes. I can't even begin to describe the depth of the emotion those eyes held. I guess she did cry on the inside.

"I don't know anymore then you do about what happened, but I promise I will do what I can to find out. Maybe this has happened before. If it has, there's probably something on Internet about it." I said reassuringly.

I didn't expect what happened next. I guess you could call it an unexpected morning. Applejack rushed onto my lap and wrapped her hooves around my waist. But I noticed she still wasn't crying. No wonder she lost it like she did. All those pent up emotions had to come out some time. She must be more afraid then I thought. I wrapped my arms around her too.

"It'll be ok." I told her.

And there we sat in silence... Until she asked me a question.

"Sarah? What the hay is internet?"

I almost laughed. And so I explained what Internet was. I won't lie, I wasn't looking forward to having to explain it to Apple Bloom.

Author's Note:

Sorry for having pretty much dropped this story until now. :twilightoops:
But I plan to try and keep writting more chapters. :pinkiehappy:
Thankfully I got reminded by a user called StormRider that this story existed. :rainbowlaugh:
I shouldn't be laughing about that, but I am a bit.
I hope you enjoy this chapter. :twilightsheepish:
I don't know where the discussion between her conscience and herself came from. :rainbowderp: Maybe Pinocchio? :derpytongue2: