• Published 9th Mar 2016
  • 1,467 Views, 35 Comments

Flightless - Pinkish Posh



Rainbow Dash is willing to make a huge sacrifice to keep Scootaloo alive.

  • ...
6
 35
 1,467

Asleep

"Scootaloo." a strangely familiar voice echoed all around Scootaloo.

"Huh?, who's there?" She asked the nothingness. It was dark. Everything was dark. She seemed to be floating in a black abyss.

"Scootaloo."

She stared off into the nothingness and asked again. "Who are you, and why am I here?"

"Fly, Scootaloo."

"Wha? What's going on?" Scootaloo began to panic. She had no idea what was happening. After a few minutes of silence she had calmed down.

"Hello?"

"Scootaloo."

"Who are you?"

"Fly."

"What?"

"Come fly to me, Scootaloo."

Hesitantly, she flapped her wings in an attempt to fly towards the voice. "Argh!" Scootaloo winced as a tear slid out her eye. There was pain in her wings. Severe pain. She looked back, and in shock, saw that her wings were broken and damaged. She then sat down, and wept.

"I'm afraid to say, there's no recovering from this accident. She's comatose and her wings have suffered such injuries that cannot be healed, she would stay grounded for the rest of her life, if, she even lives." Said Doctor Horse.

"What?!" Rainbow Dash, Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle had rushed Scootaloo to the Ponyville Hospital as soon as they could, and the doctors made examining her their top priority as soon as they came in.

"What do you mean, 'if she even lives'?"

"She has also broken a bone in her back which is vital for fillies, and without it, she'll die in her coma within weeks. Grown mares like you can live without it, but will leave them paralyzed and disabled for at least a few years."

"No..." Rainbow's heart sunk when she heard the results.

"She... Broke a bone in 'er back?"

"Yes. She was lucky enough to survive the fall, but not enough that she'll live long after this."

"But, there's got to be some other way right? There has to be!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

"Yes, there is, actually. Unfortunately, it isn't easy. She will have to have somepony willing to donate their bone to replace her broken one, but otherwise, she won't survive."

"I... I-I can't do it. I can't. As much as I care for her as a friend, I can't."

"I wish I could, but I'm not brave enough either. Plus, if either one of us donates, we'll die since we're fillies too, just like her."

"That is true."

"Sorry Scoots, I... I wish we could help." The four ponies looked at Scootaloo lying on the hospital bed, and were surprised, especially Rainbow Dash, when a few tears slipped from her eyes.

Doctor Horse looked over at the rainbow pegasus, who was giving him a determined look. He quickly got the message she was giving him.

"Did, did she hear us?"

"No, that's not possible, she's unconscious, in a coma, but how she just cried, that normally isn't supposed to happen either. But it's nothing major. Don't think too much about it."

"Oh."

The two Crusaders hung their heads in sorrow, and even cried a little.

Doctor Horse sighed. "Well, I'm sorry girls, but there's nothing we can do beyond this point."

"It's okay doc, we know you tried your best. Girls, I think it's time we leave then."

Rainbow Dash and the Crusaders glanced over at Scootaloo one last time before they started to head out the door. While they were leaving, the doctor cleared his throat rather loudly, which caught Rainbow's attention. She realized he was giving her a signal. She glanced back at the doctor and said, "You know what girls? I have to stay behind for a little bit."

"What? But why?"

"I uh, errr."

"We need to talk about a few results and about Scootaloo."

"Oh okay."

"Yeah, what he said. You two head home now."

Rainbow walked back into the room as the two fillies headed out the door. She turned to Scootaloo, hiding a tear, and gently put a hoof on her, but making sure not to harm her already injured body.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" The doctor asked. He didn't get an answer. There was silence for a whole minute before Rainbow broke it.

"Yes, I'll do anything it takes to let her live. Also," She turned around to face the stallion with a serious look on her face. "There's something else I want you to do as well."

Author's Note:

Chapter Finished!

Special shoutout to ThatOneReject for giving me the idea of coloring the dialogue so you know who's talking!

This chapter is done, but if you'd like to give me a suggestion or if you'd like me to add something to this chapter, message me. If I take your idea into suggestion, I'll give you a shoutout.

Wow, the dialogue in this chapter. That's a lot! It's such an incredible amount! Sorry for those who wanted an action-packed chapter. I know the last chapter left you sittin' on the edge of yer seat, and next thing you got was boring dialogue in a hospital. I know the science behind this chapter makes no sense whatsoever, but I've gotta put it this way for the story to work, but you guys understand what's going on, right?