• Published 9th Mar 2016
  • 1,467 Views, 35 Comments

Flightless - Pinkish Posh



Rainbow Dash is willing to make a huge sacrifice to keep Scootaloo alive.

  • ...
6
 35
 1,467

Cutie Mark Crusading... Again

"So, uh, let me get this straight. You didn't fly YET, and you had a nightmare." Asked Apple Bloom.

"Yeah, that's exactly what happened."

"Okay, I get that it's a nightmare, but why are you so concerned about it?"

"Because, Sweetie Belle, it proved that I couldn't fly. It made me seem helpless falling to my death! I was scared, okay?" Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle became cautious not to tick Scootaloo off. It wasn't normal for her to admit being scared or for her break down so easily.

"Look, ah'm sorry that you had a nightmare, but ah'm sure it's nothin'. I understand that it makes you feel uncomfortable, but you'll shake it off, don' worry!"

"I guess you're right. I guess I'm just overreacting. I just felt like there's something strange about it."

"So, any ideas on our cutie marks? I'm pretty sure that'll cheer you up!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Yeah, okay! Ah actually have some ideas! Come on girls, we got some Crusadin' ta do."

Scootaloo immediately perked up. She may not get her cutie mark today, but she'll be sure to have fun with her friends. If she gets her cutie mark, that'd be awesome.

The CMC were on their way to Sweet Apple Acres. Applejack requested them of some assistance. The farm was pretty close to the clubhouse so it's not that much of a walk. As they were walking, Scootaloo noticed some mountains in the distance. One of them looked like the one she fell off of in her nightmare. She shook her head. She wasn't going to let some pesky old dream ruin her day, but she felt strangely uneasy. She's had nightmares before, but this one is different, somehow. She pondered so long that she didn't realize that they had arrived and walked straight into the barn door.

"Oof!"

Sweetie Belle giggled while Scootaloo rubbed her forehead lightly.

"Are you alright? You seemed so thoughtful, you'd think your head would explode!" She joked.

"Yeah, real funny Sweetie." Scootaloo rolled her eyes as the CMC walked into the barn, with Sweetie a grin plastered on her face.

"Oh you're here. Thank goodness. Ah'm so busy I don' think ah can finish sortin' these here apples." Applejack was standing in front of a huge pile of apples. The apples were different in size and color. "We have multiple deliveries calling for different sorts ah apples, but Ah haven't even started sortin' em' yet! You girls think yer okay with helpin' me out?"

"Sure, why not? I don't see a problem with helping out!"

"This, is your great idea?" Scootaloo asked, quite disappointed.

"Ah well, we haven't tried getting our cutie marks in apple sortin', and plus, we're being asked to help out."

"Alright fine, it's just that getting a cutie mark in apple sorting doesn't sound very exciting."

"Well let's get to it!"

"Thank you girls so much! Ah don' know what Ah'd do without you three."

"Cutie Mark Crusaders Apple Sorters!" Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle shouted in unison.

"Yay." Scootaloo said sarcastically.

"Phew, that's the last one!" Sweetie Belle flopped onto the floor, exhausted from sorting all different kinds of apples into separate bins. The CMC were tired from sorting apples for two hours straight.

"Yeah, Apple Bloom, on offense but, you have the worst Cutie Mark ideas ever! Sorting apples is not as easy as you think!"

Applejack walked into the barn to see seventeen bins of assorted apples. "Whoo we! You girls did a great job! Thank ya'll so much!"

The CMC looked at their flanks as Applejack moved the bins out of the barn. Still blank. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle looked a bit disappointed while Scootaloo was relieved.

"Phew! For once, I'm glad I didn't get a Cutie Mark! I mean, who wants to have a special talent in apple sorting?"
Apple Bloom gave Scootaloo a small glare.

"Well, true, I see why you didn't want to get a Cutie Mark in apple sorting, but still."

"Yeah, yeah okay, I know."

"Okay, ah'm noticing yer not yerself today. Something's really wrong. Is it your dream or somethin'?"

"Yeah, you're right. I guess so. I don't even know what it is, but something rubs me the wrong way today. It just might be the dream."

"Anyway, ah'm tired. Ah don't think I have the energy to do anything else today."

"Yeah, me too, besides, Rarity says she wants me to go home early, for something."

"I might as well go home too, plus, I'm just not feeling alright today. Pretty sure I'll be fine tomorrow."

"Okay, ah'll see you two tomorrow!"

Scootaloo looked back to see Apple Bloom waving goodbye to her and Sweetie Belle.

"Come on Scootaloo, it's just a dream. You'll be fine. Just forget about it." She mumbled to herself.

As she walked home she noticed the mountain again. There was something strange about it. She just shook it off and walked home. Little did she know it was a hint to her future.

Author's Note:

Chapter Finished!

Special shoutout to ThatOneReject for giving me the idea of coloring the dialogue so you know who's talking!

This chapter is done, but if you'd like to give me a suggestion or if you'd like me to add something to this chapter, message me. If I take your idea into suggestion, I'll give you a shoutout.

EDIT: I added another paragraph at the end. Even though it's finished, I just feel like this chapter isn't long enough