• Published 9th Mar 2016
  • 1,467 Views, 35 Comments

Flightless - Pinkish Posh



Rainbow Dash is willing to make a huge sacrifice to keep Scootaloo alive.

  • ...
6
 35
 1,467

The Fall

The CMC were getting ready for their hiking trip up a mountain that Apple Bloom picked. They had also called up Rainbow Dash to meet them there after a few hours so that she could fly them down one by one when they get to the top since there wasn't any zip line or anything to help them get down except for hiking all the way back down again. Packing up her things to get ready for the trip. She had checked to make sure she brought everything. A compass, binoculars, a backpack, a couple of snacks and three bottles of water in case the other two forget to bring them. With what she had packed, she headed out the door.

Scootaloo arrived at the meeting point she was told and found that her two friends had already been waiting for her. "Hey guys, sorry I'm late, I was packing a few extra things. I brought two extra water bottles in case you forgot to."
"Wow, lucky ya brought them because we both forgot to bring them."

Scootaloo smirked as the three began their climb up the mountain. The climb up was exhausting and dangerous, but after a few hours, the Crusaders made their way to the top of the mountain.

Rainbow Dash was relaxing back at her home in the clouds. She had been told in advance a few hours ago that she would meet up with the Crusaders at the top of the mountain they had chosen. She was to fly them down one by one down the mountain since they didn't want to hike all the way back down. Plus, it was faster. Then she realised it was the time they had planned for her to fly over and bring them down. She flew out the door and headed for the mountain. She decided to take it easy and slow since there really wasn't any rush. After a few minutes of flying, Rainbow spotted the CMC on the mountain in the distance. She saw Apple Bloom waving her hoof, but wasn't paying much attention to her. She was looking over at Scootaloo, who was standing at the edge of a cliff in the mountain looking over the horizon of a beautiful sunset.

At the top, Apple Bloom put on the binoculars and noticed Rainbow Dash in the distance heading their way. "Hey girls, I see Rainbow Dash Uh, she seems to be taking her time so ah guess we have a few minutes before she gets here." She waved to Rainbow in the distance.
"That's okay. I want to take this time to look at this beautiful scenery."
Scootaloo trotted over and stood on the edge of a cliff that was at the top of the mountain. Under it, was a beautiful sunset over a forest that seemed to be endless. The trees, the sun, and the other mountains in the distance made it seems like a painting on a large canvas. This gave her the idea for trying to paint for the next thing they try to get their cutie marks in.
Her thoughts were interrupted when the ground underneath her hoof crumbled and she slipped and fell over the edge.
"AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!"
"SCOOTALOO!!!"
Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle rushed over to the edge of the cliff to see Scootaloo falling helplessly down the cliff. Sweetie had her hoof over her muzzle and had small tears in her eyes. In the distance, Rainbow Dash spotted this, and with as much adrenaline she could muster up, she quickly bolted towards her falling fan in an attempt to save her.
"RAINBOW DASH! SAVE ME!!!"
Scootaloo was flapping her tiny wings at fast as she could in an attempt to fly or at least glide, but after a few seconds she hit a branch sticking out of the mountain, which injured her but slowed her down for a small bit before she accelerated again. The branch had injured her wings, but still flapped them as hard as she could even though it was painful. Another few seconds later she hit a crag, which completely broke her tiny wings and rendered her helpless and spinning. There were tears streaming from her eyes, which were splashing all over Rainbow Dash's face, who was starting to have tears of her own.
"I GOT YOU!!!"
It was at that moment where time had appeared to have slowed down or had almost frozen. It was this moment Scootaloo realised that not even her idol could rescue her from this fall. At this point, nothing could. She accepted her fate, but she knew Rainbow Dash and her friends would not. A teary smile slowly stretched across her face as she closed her eyes. This is how it ends. She would now be a part of the beautiful scenery she had just seen before this fall.
"Rainbow Dash, don't feel bad, I know you tried, it's not your fault." she whispered quietly.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!" She could hear Rainbow Dash's voice as she fell.
Suddenly, there was a loud crack, there was pain, sharp pain, and everything went black and quiet.

Author's Note:

Chapter Finished!

Shoutouts: SuperPinkBrony12

Special shoutout to ThatOneReject for giving me the idea of coloring the dialogue so you know who's talking!

This chapter is done, but if you'd like to give me a suggestion or if you'd like me to add something to this chapter, message me. If I take your idea into suggestion, I'll give you a shoutout.