• Published 13th Jun 2012
  • 3,462 Views, 74 Comments

Camo the changeling - M Specter



Camo is second in command of the entire swarm everyone looks up to him, but after the invasion he gets swept off to ponyville were he struggles with his loyalties. His new friends or his queen.

  • ...
17
 74
 3,462

Chapter 5

Chapter 5

As I returned back into the cavern I started to hear the sounds of crystal shattering and smashing and crashing on the ground.

Then I heard a new voice, “We have to get out of here, we have to stop her!” Oh no, you shall not interfere with my Queen’s plans. I quickly zoomed to the beginning of the cave and immediately scanned the area for something to distract them long enough for my Queen’s plans to take full effect.

I found the closest ponies around me and brainwashed them into attacking Cadence along with the purple unicorn with her. They were a blue unicorn, a green unicorn, and a unicorn with a pink mane and a white body, and they all looked like bridesmaids. I smiled contently, firmly believing that the shock of the enemies would block them from advancing for a while. Unfortunately, Cadence thought fast, luring them with a bouquet and proceeding to throw it away, as the unicorns went to fetch it like dogs. I thought my brainwashing was stronger than that!

I was panicked, but I managed to come up with a plan quickly. Due to her sheer longing for Shining Armor, perhaps I could distract her if I morphed into him. It’s a stretch, but I need my Queen’s plans to succeed. As Cadence and the purple unicorn ran, I suddenly remembered what my Queen had told me earlier; that Shining Armor was the brother of the purple pony. Heh, I’d be killing two ponies with one stone! With a nod, I transformed into Shining Armor, and yelled, “Cadence! Oh, man, I missed you.”

I got just the response I was hoping for. Cadence hugged me tearfully, and the purple unicorn proclaimed that she missed me dearly. Sometimes it pained me a little to build up and break hearts, but it’s my job. After about a few minutes of tears, I waited until they got a slight doubt about my behavior and how I ended up in the caves, and used that moment to expel a green magical discharge from my horn. They were thrown back, but unfortunately, I couldn’t goo them to the ground, so I had to fight them. Fortunately, I had the advantage. I knew how much both of them cared for this pony, so I maintained his form throughout the battle, and even said, “Would you hurt your brother/groom?” a few times just to let the emotional turmoil sink in. Plus, I was already one of the best changeling fighters in the swarm.

Unfortunately, I was on the defensive for this fight, because I couldn’t let them pass me, or else they would get to my Queen before the marriage took place. I started off very well, with powerful magical blasts from my horn weakening them, and one of these discharges ended up knocking both of them off of a cliff. Unfortunately, Cadence could fly, so the fight continued. After about thirty minutes, we were all exhausted, and subsequently, one of the purple unicorn’s blasts hit me directly in the chest, and as much as I tried to get up immediately, I couldn’t. They had won, and dashed past me before the pain eased up enough for me to rise. I had failed. Damn it!

I put my head down, and relayed the message to my Queen. I said, telepathically, ‘My Queen, I sincerely apologize, but I can’t fend off Cadence and the purple pony anymore. They should arrive momentarily. I am so sorry. I tried to stop them by all the means I could.’

She responded. ‘I see. Well, my plan is far enough for me to reveal myself if I have to, so don’t worry. You haven’t destroyed my plan, Camo.’

I nodded. ‘Yes, my Queen. I’m very sorry.’

When I finished, I noticed...wait, why were tears falling from my eyes? Damn it, Camo, you’re a soldier! Don’t fall prey to emotions, as you never had! I breathed deeply, and when I calmed myself down, I discovered that when I arrived at the wedding, as the pegasus, of course, my Queen had already revealed herself, because the purple unicorn and Cadence had already arrived, and pointed out that she was a fake. However, from her confident statements about revealing her plan, and the subsequent breaking of the magical shield that surrounded Canterlot, I still felt like we could win. I may have lost that battle, but we have the advantage in the war.

Thanks to DarkShockBro for editing