• Published 13th Jun 2012
  • 3,462 Views, 74 Comments

Camo the changeling - M Specter



Camo is second in command of the entire swarm everyone looks up to him, but after the invasion he gets swept off to ponyville were he struggles with his loyalties. His new friends or his queen.

  • ...
17
 74
 3,462

Chapter 14

Chapter 14

" How are you enjoying the manor so far Camo” we were currently walking down one of the many extravagant path ways in the manor from what I’ve seen so far everything is so posh and looks very expensive. It must have taken awhile to earn enough money for the rugs and the intricate detail displayed on the pictures on the walls.
“I have to admit it's pretty nice but I can't live here for the remainder of my time in Ponyville it just wouldn’t feel right." Honestly I'm doing this for our own good if anyone gets to suspicious of diamond tiara they may discover that she's a changeling and that'll make things even more complicated. “I’d prefer to sleep on a cloud those things are extremely soft." Diamond Tiara shrugged and said” Suit yourself just know that you are always welcomed here."
"Thanks diamond now if you don't mind I have something to investigate."

I traveled down the flight of steps in the living room and exited through the front doors and took flight into the sky. I wonder if the rest of the elements had confronted the griffons they must of by now. I landed on one of the clouds and began to circle the circumference of Ponyville hoping to find them. I did eventually find them but I was surprised with what they were doing. From what I could see they were directing four griffons toward the Everfree forest.

One of the griffons was notably younger probably about the same age as the crusaders she was also very sick and the one holding her looked to be the leader he was the second tallest and his feathers were light gray and contrasted with his black claws and black outlines over his eyes, he had two others with him the bigger one had completely jet black feathers and yellow eyes he was definitely the scariest looking in the group. The last gryphon was a female with red feathers and crimson eyes.

The place they were leading them to was the Everfree forest and I was wondering if they were leading them to the forest so that they could wander endlessly and die. That would be one way to get rid of them. Although knowing them their trying to help or at least steer them in the right direction of what they want. I followed slowly behind them to not rouse suspicion of why a cloud is following them or getting myself seen.

They stopped at the entrance to the forest and I saw Twilight point at it and talk to them. I couldn't hear what they were saying but judging from her sullen expression and how the leader Griffon looked at the younger in his claws I could tell that it wasn't good. The leader nodded and he began to walk in with the bigger griffon slowly walking behind. The female griffon followed behind the elements as they went back towards Ponyville. I followed sue and began to follow them in my original form. After all if spotted I don’t want my pony form to singled out because of it, it would only hinder the search for my queen.

I stayed about fifty paces away and tried to blend into the surroundings which was easy enough considering that top level changelings can change their features to mirror their surroundings instead of just ponies or maybe I’m the only one that can, it would explain why Chrysalis called me Camo after training. Before I could think about it further my train of thought was interrupted by a pack of timber wolves, they were surrounding the leader griffon and co. The leader gave the sick griffon to his towering companion, he pulled out two daggers from his leg straps, I could tell they were embed with some kind of power by the way they glowed but I couldn't make it out much from my current position. One second he was standing there and the next he disappeared before reappearing a second later behind the wolves. Afterward he slowly slid the daggers back into the leg straps and as soon as it the hilt hit the strap all 7 of the timber wolves were instantly cut into pieces quickly bursting into flames as there remains hit the floor.

There was nothing left but small piles of ashes that blew into the wind, I could tell that he meant business and that he really cared for the sicker griffon. His companion returned the sicker one to him and they continued but after about a couple steps they stopped and the leader turned in the general direction that I was in. He couldn’t see me if he did he probably would of attacked by now known the less a small sweat started to trickle down my fore head. Finally he said " whoever is following us just know that if you do anything to harm us I will get you and you'll be begging for mercy by the time I'm through with you."

As the bushes covered them from me I began to shiver and more cold sweats came over my body I've only felt like this once in my entire life and that was only when I disobeyed my queen. That’s a long story and I might tell it over later but for now I need to regain my composure and continue following them.

They stopped at a hut and were allowed entrance by a zebra and. From what I could tell they were talking about the sick griffon I couldn't make out the details so I put my ear on the side of the hut and used my magic to amplify the sound of what was coming through the hut into my ear. "... I may be able to help your sis as long as something doesn't go a miss." There was a small silence as what was being said connected into their minds.

" No matter what the cost I'll do anything for my sister she's the only family I have left I'll gather the ingredients myself while Aggrod stays here and watches her with you."
" While out for the ingredients I need can you look for my friend Specter if you please. “
“No problem it’s the least I can do for your generosity. “ Take care my old friend keep the only family ive ever had safe, oh and make sure you take care of Talik for me you know how she is about my well being.”
“May you do well in your travels dear Glifex it is an honorable task to do something that many of your kind would let loose when it is within their grasp.”

Seeing as the conversation was nearly over I jumped into the bushes and watched as Glifex headed deeper into the forest. Now that I know what there up to I guess I could tell the crusaders what's going on and save them the trouble of waiting.

........................
As I returned to Ponyville there was a considerable amount of ponies out and about. I'm sure they were all given the all clear and were allowed to go about their daily lives. Hopefully the crusaders are still at Sweeties house but if not there probably making their way over to the clubhouse. They weren’t at Sweetie’s house, her father did tell me however that they went out before they were given the all clear but he tried to assure me that they were fine and probably hanging out somewhere else. Maybe they got curious about what was happening and decided to leave. I'll still check there clubhouse just in case.

As I was walking through Sweet Apple Acres Applejack decided to stop her work to see how I was doing. We conversed about random subjects for a while until I asked where her sister was.
“Her and her friends have themselves hold up in there clubhouse, when I tried to talk to them they said they were busy. " I think they might be planning on doing some more crusades later on today, I bet if you asked them though they'll let you in on their schemes."

" Thanks Applejack see you later" she waved her hoof at me and I continued to the tree house. When I got there I knocked on the door and Applebloom answered it “Camo can you give us a minute"
"sure" I said as she closed the door and I could hear fragments of their conversation, the gist of it was that they were wondering about letting me in. After a couple of minutes Scootaloo let me in and said “promise that you won't tell anypony what you hear in here" I promised and she led me toward were the other crusaders were.

"Alright girls tell him what we found out" Apple bloom and Sweetie bell both nodded and the rights to speak were passed to Sweetie bell. “When you left we snuck out of my house because we thought you were taking too long” “while we were sneaking about the streets we saw somepony enter the alleyway and when we looked through we saw two changelings talking to each other.”

So they were the ones spying well if they're going around looking for changelings there isn't much for me to worry about. ”We tried to hear more of what they were saying but we accidentally tripped over the trashcan and we quickly left after that. We don't think they saw us but they definitely heard us so we know that they may think someone might be unto them but they'll never guess that were tailing them."

Honestly I would have never thought they would be looking for trouble with us or maybe they were just going to find evidence of changelings and then take it up with Twilight and the other elements. “Were you planning on telling Twilight that there may be changelings wandering the streets of Ponyville?"
They all looked nervously at each other before Scootaloo said “No we were going to catch the changelings ourselves to try and get changeling capturing cutie marks." I face hoofed of course they were doing this for their cutie marks and it's obvious they are no stranger to danger seeing as how they were willing to sky dive.

"Would you girls be willing to add a fourth member to this changeling investigation?"
"You'd really help us" Scootaloo said.
" Sure it's the least I could do for you girls considering what you've done in the small time we've been friends." Scootaloo was the first to run up to me and hug the feathers off of me. She then realized what she was doing and pushed herself off of me she turned her head away and tried to hide a small blush beginning to form on her cheeks.

"Thanks Camo yer one of the best friends we could have ever asked for, any other pony would have told a grown up or would of said we were crazy" Applebloom exclaimed. As far as I'm concerned they are a bit crazy but there just young, they'll understand when they're older for now I'm going to keep absorbing the love there giving off. “I have an idea Applebloom said "how about y’all ask your parents if you could spend the night at my place to celebrate and kick start this pact to catch the changelings". The other crusaders liked the idea and I went along with it because it just meant I wouldn't go hungry in the middle of the night.

"Alright how about we meet up at my place at about 6:00pm" we nodded our heads and then broke off to our respected "homes", since I didn't have one I just flew into the clouds and decided to wait until about 6 pm. “ A slumber party eh? this will be interesting”.

Author's Note:

It was hard for me to write Zecora's lines even though they were so few, and the griffons will be relevant to the plot at some point although I think it'll be a surprise to see how they play a part in this.