• Published 13th Jun 2012
  • 3,462 Views, 74 Comments

Camo the changeling - M Specter



Camo is second in command of the entire swarm everyone looks up to him, but after the invasion he gets swept off to ponyville were he struggles with his loyalties. His new friends or his queen.

  • ...
17
 74
 3,462

Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I continued to walk through the gardens until I came upon the castle. There were two guards by the door doing their job while holding their lances in an X formation, blocking the door. I didn't want to bother them or mess up my Queen’s plans so I decided to leave them alone and walk away with a shrug.

Concurrently, I heard a voice. “Excuse me?”

I turned my head to the sound of where the voice came from and responded. “Are you talking to me?”

“Yeah, did you want to come inside the castle?”

I chuckled a little. “Yeah but I'm sure I'm not allowed inside.”

“Nonsense! Guards can you let him through?”

To my surprise, they nodded, parted their lances, and let me pass unscathed. I walked up to the orange filly who allowed the guards to let me in and said, with a smile, “Thank you.”

She returned my smile. “Heh, no prob. You seemed liked you really needed to get inside. Oh, I’m Scootaloo by the way.”

“Well, Scootaloo, I know I have no place in asking this but...how were you able to get inside the castle?”

“Well you know the Royal Wedding coming up right?

I laughed slightly. “Sure, doesn't everyone?”

All of a sudden, her lips curled into a confident smirk. “Yeah, but I bet you didn't know that my friends and I are the flower fillies!”

I was pretty shocked. “Really? How did you get that job?”

“Well my two friends Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle are the younger sisters of mares who are best friends with the sister of Shinning Armor.”

The pieces were falling into place. “Ah, I see. So they decided it would be you girls because you're the youngest, yes?”

“You bet! It also gives us a chance to finally earn our cutie marks!”

“I see. Has it been fun being a flower filly?”

At this, she blushed slightly. “Well yes and no. It’s fun because we get to try something we have never tried before but it's also not fun because I have to where this stupidly frilly flower dress! Meh, it'll all be worth it once we get our cutie marks!”

I simply nodded. “So can I meet these other friends of yours?”

Sure thing! Follow me!”

We started walking down the corridor towards the right of the entrance. The carpet we were walking on was purple and even from my legs, I could tell it was composed of the softest velvet I’ve ever known. There were windows and pillars to the right of us, and the best part was that the beautiful garden was completely visible through the windows. Not to mention, it was directly above the exact spot I was before I entered the castle.

As I gazed through the window, I heard a voice. “I've been wondering, can you fly?” Scootaloo asked me.

“Sure, been able to for a good while now, why do you ask?”

She frowned. “I still haven't been able to fly yet...”

I returned the frown. “That’s a pity. Maybe you'll learn how to someday.”

“Alright, we're here.”

Concurrent to her statement, she slid open the door and said, “Hey girls! I met somepony outside and he wants to meet you!”

At this, earth pony filly who was yellow with a red mane as well as a pink bow adorning her mane and tail and well as a unicorn filly with white fur and a mix of pink and purple in her mane and tail walked up to me.

Subsequently, Scootaloo said, “By the way you never told me your name.”

Seeing no reason to lie I told them my real name. “Oh, my apologizes. My name is Camo. And yours are?”

The yellow filly spoke first “Ah’m Apple Bloom”

The unicorn followed immediately. “And I’m Sweetie Belle.”

However, these introductions were disturbed by a subsequent noise of someone crying down the hall, followed by different voices saying, “Cadence, Cadence wait, slow down!”

“What was that?” I asked

“Don't know...let’s find out!” Scootaloo said.

I nodded. We opened the door and proceeded to trot down the hall in the direction of the crying. Unfortunately, our walk was swiftly followed by a door slamming, followed by the sound of hooves clopping on marble in the hall behind us.

Five ponies walked in behind us with angry and disgusted looks on their face. I was going to question who they were when I heard the screams of the three fillies behind me. Scootaloo yelled, “Rainbow Dash!” and the other two yelled, “Sis!”

With that, they ran up to their respected ponies. Apple Bloom’s sister was an orange earth pony with a blond mane, Sweetie Belle’s sister was a white unicorn with a violet mane, and Scootaloo’s sister, who she was hugging tightly, was a blue pegasus with a rainbow mane and tail. The moment was quite touching, but it was quickly interrupted when a familiar sounding voice boomed throughout my head. ‘We have a new prisoner, Camo. Guard her well.’

I nodded, then responded with a telepathic message of my own. ‘Yes, my queen.’

I turned to the three fillies. “Girls I have to go now. I'll catch you later though.”

With that, I quickly flew over them and made my way back to the mines below.

Edited by: DarkShockBro