• Published 1st Mar 2016
  • 471 Views, 9 Comments

Short Stories Collection, vol. I - fallen starr



A collection of stories that tend to not meet the 1000 word count minimum. Stories will be tagged in the chapter.

  • ...
3
 9
 471

PreviousChapters Next
Bath Party! [Slice of Life]

Pinkie looked up through the water at her prey. It wasn’t prepared, not in the least. In place of a giggle, which would have been hard underwater, she settled for a smile. Now all she need was…there! The prey turned its back. Pinkie launched out of the water and shouted “Surprise!”

Rarity jumped and turned so quickly water sloshed out of the tub. “Pinkie?” she gasped. “What…how…”

Pinkie giggled. “That’s not how you make sentences, silly. That’s okay. Ponies seem to forget that sometimes. And I really wanted to surprise you for your birthday, so I hid in here. And I thought maybe we could have a bath party!”
Rarity’s eye twitched. “B-bath party?” Her eye twitched again. “And my birthday isn’t for another week, dear.” It twitched a third time. “And grown ponies don’t exactly bathe together.”

“I dunno, Mr. and Mrs. Cake have bath parties all the time. They never let me join, though.” A frown crossed Pinkie’s face for an instant before she perked up. “So I thought that maybe one of my bestest friends would like one, and you’re the only one taking a bath right now.”

Sliding a hoof down her face to keep her eye from twitching anymore, Rarity breathed out slowly. “Pinkie, dear, I don’t think…” The wide grin and innocent expression on the other mare’s face caused Rarity to sigh. “What I mean to say is, this shall be a lovely party. Just the two of us, right?”

“Right,” Pinkie said with a nod. “Oh, look, I even have cute party hats!” Pinkie pulled out two hats and promptly pulled the purple one onto Rarity’s head. “See, that one has your cutie mark on it! Mine has hearts, because…well, I just like it.”

Rarity silently thanked whoever was listening that she had replaced the small tub with one large enough to relax in. As she and Pinkie both stretched their bodies out so that only their heads were showing, Rarity smiled. “So, what does one do at a bath party? I’m afraid I’ve never attended one before.”

Pinkie tapped her hoof to her chin and hmmed. “I don’t know. The Cakes—”

“Ah, well, perhaps we could make our own rules, then?” Rarity smiled mischievously.

Just as Pinkie opened her mouth to say yes, a large splash of water hit her in the face. She spluttered for a moment, looking at Rarity with a shocked expression, before a grin spread across her face. Using both hooves, she caused a surge of bubbles and water to completely engulf Rarity. A good amount of water made it out of the tub, but neither she nor Rarity seemed to care about that.

Rubbing the suds out of her eyes, Rarity leveled her gaze on Pinkie. “Oh, it is on.”

*

After being forced to admit a tie and cleaning up the water-logged bathroom, Pinkie had returned to Sugar Cube Corner. As she walked through the door to the kitchen, the Cakes, who were sitting at the table, looked up at her. “We were wondering where you’d gotten to, dear,” Mrs. Cake said.

“Oh, Rarity and I had a bath party.”

Mr. Cake spit out the coffee he was drinking, coughing up what had gone down the wrong way. Still, he managed to get out a croaked, “What?”

“Yeah. You and Mrs. Cake never let me join yours, so I had one with Rarity. It was really fun, and really wet. I mean, when she—

"You know, Pinkie,” Mrs. Cake said, her blush showing through her blue coat, “you really don’t have to share everything with us.”

“Okey Dokey Lokey,” she said as she hopped up the stairs to her room.

“Do you think they…” Mr. Cake asked.

“I don’t know, honey bun, and I don’t intend to ever find out.”

PreviousChapters Next