• Published 1st Mar 2016
  • 471 Views, 9 Comments

Short Stories Collection, vol. I - fallen starr



A collection of stories that tend to not meet the 1000 word count minimum. Stories will be tagged in the chapter.

  • ...
3
 9
 471

PreviousChapters Next
Can I See Him? [Slice of Life]

“Princess,” the small purple filly said as Celestia sat out a book, “What happened to the dragon that hatched on my entrance exam?“

Celestia looked down at her new student. It had been just a week since Celestia had decided to take her for private tutelage. The raw ability the filly had shown was astounding, and Celestia knew she would need an apt teacher. Celestia had expected many things from her youngest student: magical blow-ups, curious questions, the easily distracted nature of those her age.

She hadn’t expected the five-years-old filly to be concerned with a creature she had only seen for five minutes.

"Twilight, you remember him? He is well cared for here at the castle. ”

Twilight gasped, her eyes widening with excitement. “Could I see him, please, Princess?“

"I…I suppose it wouldn’t hurt.” Celestia walked to the door and poked her head out, speaking to a guard. Returning to Twilight, she sat. “You must understand, he is very young. He doesn’t like loud noises, and he sleeps most of the day. I need you to be very gentle when he comes.“ She stood when a knock came to the door. “Ah, right on time.”

Celestia opened the door, carefully reaching out with her magic and taking the infant dragon. She smiled at Twilight’s open-mouthed amazement as she brought him closer.

“Does he have a name?” Twilight whispered, though he was looking at her with wide green eyes. Tentatively, she reached out a hoof a stroked his head.

“His name is Spike,” Celestia said with a warm smile.

“He isn’t slimed,” Twilight commented. She petted his head a few more times before looking up at Celestia. “He’s really cute. Are you going to keep him?“

Looking from Spike to Twilight, Celestia nodded. “We’ll, yes. He will need someone to care for him while he grows up. Some one to teach him to speak and be a proper part of Equestria.”

“So…he isn’t like a puppy?” Twilight scrunched her face up and tilted her head, confused.

“Dragons aren’t pets, Twilight. They are sentient beings, with thoughts and speech and feelings just like ponies.”

“Oh, okay,” Twilight said with a nod. Then she looked up at Celestia. “Princess, what does ‘sentient’ mean?“

With a smile, Celestia put the now sleeping baby dragon on a cushion. “With that question, I do believe it is time to start our lesson.” As Twilight located and read the word in a dictionary, Celestia’s looked at the baby dragon and little filly now in her care, and her smile grew.

PreviousChapters Next