• Published 25th Feb 2016
  • 4,013 Views, 78 Comments

Another human in Equestria fic - The7thElement



Hi my name is Ryan and I've been brought by Discord to Equestria he summoned me here as a new evil. He sort of messed up. I'm not evil but the other side of me is, this story will tell you dear reader of my adventures.

  • ...
42
 78
 4,013

PreviousChapters Next
Nightmare Night, Nightmare Night, Humans give us such a fright.

Author's Note:

About this chapter. I am very sorry to say but for those of you who have been, waiting this chapter because Zecora is able to get some lines in I'm sorry to disappoint you all. As I can't rhyme to save my own life and if I made Zecora talk like a regular character I would not be doing her any justice. So I decided to give her 1 line, again I am truly sorry for those of you who think that I have butchered Zecora.

In other news I may not be able to update this fic for a while as I have a lot of school work to burn through.

-Sincerely The7thElement

Three weeks after the whole Lyra incident, the night I had been waiting for had finally arrived, Nightmare Night. Finally, a chance to stuff my face full of candy and not catch weird looks from anyone. Another great perk about tonight was that Trixie was coming to celebrate with us. Twilight and I received a letter a few days ago saying that she was quite a success in Appaloosa, unfortunately she didn’t say what she was coming dressed up as, all we knew is she would arrive tonight.

Most of mind was ecstatic about tonight, heck even Orion was celebrating. But there was one part of my mind that was filled with worry. Worrying about what would happen, how would Ponyville react to Trixie arriving. My thoughts were cut off thanks to the voice of Twilight from downstairs.

“C’mon you two we’re gonna miss the start of the festival!” Twilight yelled to me and Spike from the main section of the library. Like good children me and Spike quickly made our way downstairs wanting to avoid Twilight’s wrath.

Then Spike did something stupid. “Hey Twilight nice old man costume.” Spike pointed to Twilight’s costume, this got him a glare that could make Fluttershy’s stare look like, a look of kindness.

“Spike this isn’t an old man costume this is meant to be…” I then proceeded to doing something dumb as well I cut Twilight off.

“Yeah Spike, she’s dressed up as Gandalf.” This got confused looks from both the baby dragon (Who for those of you wondering was wearing a dragon costume.) and the lavender Unicorn. The silence and looks of confusion was cut short by a knocking coming from the door.

“I’ll get that.” Spike said as he walked over to the door. A scream then filled the doorway as Spike collapsed clutching his chest. Twilight and I decided to see what the commotion was. On the other side of the door was three trick or treaters, alongside them was Granny Smith.

The three costumed foals then began to sing a small jingle. “Nightmare Night, Nightmare Night, give us something sweet to bite.” When their little chant was done a small colt wearing a pirate costume squeezed out from the back of the group giving his small foam sword a swing.

“Hello there little one who would you be?” Twilight asked the colt.

“Hello there Miss. My name is Pipsqueak, I just moved here from Trottingham, this is my first Nightmare Night. May we please have some candy.” With that I decided to go get the bowl of candy Twilight had placed next to the door. Unfortunately, Twilight beat me to the punch, and floated the bowl out the front door and gave each of the foals some candy.

Before she could levitate the bowl back inside a pony wearing a chicken costume appeared out of nowhere and ate the rest of the candy. The culprit decided to speak up when the last of the candy was gone. “Hi Twilight that’s a pretty cool clown costume.”

This got some steam to come out of Twilight’s ears. “It’s not a clown costume Pinkie, it’s a Star Swirl The Bearded costume. By the way aren’t you too old to be going around asking for candy.”

This got a gasp of shock from Pinkie and I, as we looked at her like she had just murdered a box full of puppies. I was the first to speak up. “Twilight take back what you said right now.”

“You can’t be serious Twily, your never to old for candy.” She then looked between me and the chicken before sighing coming to the conclusion that if she argued with Pinkie it would be enough of an uphill battle but with me as well, she had the same chance of winning as an ice cube surviving a boat ride along the river Styx.

“Anyway now that that’s out of the way foals let’s go get some more candy!” With that she dashed off into town followed by Pipsqueak and his friends.

“C’mon you two let’s go enjoy the festivities.” After giving Spike a hand to get back on his feet we followed Twilight. As we made to leave though a familiar pony approached us out of the corner of my vision.

I turned to see Trixie galloping towards us, Twilight and Spike took notice as well. I was then glomped by the unicorn.

“Ryan it’s so good to see you again.” She then nuzzled my chest before speaking again. “Oh are you okay I didn’t mean to tackle you to the ground.” She then moved herself off my chest.

As soon as I was back on my feet, I grabbed the Unicorn and pulled her into a hug of my own. “No you didn’t hurt me Trixie. It’s great to see you again.” It was then I took notice of her attire, in place of her magician’s hat she was wearing a ten-gallon hat. “So what are you dressed up as Trixie?” I asked the mare as I placed her back on all four of her hooves.

“Well Ryan, I got inspiration from a cousin of Applejack’s, Braeburn, I think his name was. He said that I should go as a cow-pony.” She then gave a twirl to show of her costume. When she had finished her spin she noticed my costume. “And what would you be going as tonight Ryan?”

“Well Trixie, on Earth we celebrate something called Halloween, it’s very similar to Nightmare Night. Anyway I’m going as the fictional king of Halloween, Jack Skellington.” I then decided to give Trixie a little spin to show off Rarity’s handy/hoof work.

“Well it’s good to see you bringing a bit of Human culture to Equestria.” Trixie then turned to see Twilight and Spike standing to the side. “Ah Twilight Sparkle, it is good to see you again and also your faithful companion Spike as well.”

“It’s great to see you Trixie.”

“Yeah it is.” Both Twilight and Spike then beamed grins at Trixie.

The magician turned cow-pony then spoke up once more. “Well thank you, also that is quite an impressive Star Swirl the Bearded costume, and an impressive Dragon costume.”

“Thanks Trixie.” Spike said, then Twilight walked up to Trixie and draped a hoof over her shoulders.

“Finally some-pony realizes that this is only the greatest mage in Equestrian history. Wait how do you about Star Swirl, Trixie?”

“Well Twilight, you’re not the only pony in Equestria with knowledge of powerful mages in Equestria’s history.”

“Well then mares,” I decided to step in. “Shall we be heading off to enjoy the festivities.” I received a set of nods from the ponies and Spike, we then decided to head off Twilight leading the way.

We shortly arrived on the outskirts of the Town Square where most of the festivities were being held. As we got closer to the apple bobbing stand, Pinkie appeared once more.

“Oh hi Trixie! I didn’t know you were coming to celebrate tonight with us. That’s a very nice cow-pony costume you got there Trixie.” Before Trixie could respond to Pinkie a storm cloud appeared a few feet behind Pinkie. The next thing we knew was lightning struck the ground behind Pinkie, causing the pony/chicken hybrid to sprint off screaming. The lightning strike also caused Spike and I to have heart attacks. Before I passed out I saw a certain cyan Pegasus sitting atop the storm cloud.

Before drifting off into the darkness I let out one final sentence. “Damn you Dash.” And I was out like a light.

So far in Equestria I haven’t been on the receiving end of a bad awakening. I woke up to having a small bucket of water dumped on my face. I then did what any normal being would do. “AHHHHH what the heck!?!” I opened my eyes to see Trixie standing over me, a bucket floating above me dripping some water. “Ughhh what happened?” I asked Trixie.

“Thank Celestia your alright Ryan. As for what happened well you and Spike passed out when Rainbow Dash, set a lightning cloud off a few meters away from us. Luckily Applejack here was generous enough to lend a bucket of water to wake you and Spike up.” Trixie then gestured to the farm pony who was standing behind three wooden bathtubs.

“Well good ta see you’re awake now Ryan. Would ya like ta have a go at Apple Bobbing?”

This got me to think whether this was a regular occurrence of ponies fainting on Nightmare Night for her to be so calm. My thoughts were interrupted by Orion.

“So how are we getting revenge on Dashie, hmm?”

I decided to do what I did best when he talked ignore him. “Well AJ thanks but no thanks. Don’t wanna ruin my face paint…” I then realized that Trixie probably ruined it with the bucket of water. Before I could give Applejack a new answer Twilight interrupted.

“C’mon every-pony, we’re gonna be late for the ceremony.” This caught me and Trixie’s attention as Twilight led us to a stage that was joining off of the Town Hall.

“Welcome Fillies and Gentlecolts to this year’s Nightmare Night.” The Mayor announced. (First time I met her it took me half an hour to figure out her name was Mayor Mare; it wasn’t at all confusing time whenever I had to talk to her or address her.) A few cheers from the crowd of foals and their parents had risen up. “Now now before we continue this year, our new friend Zecora will tell you all about what we do each Nightmare Night for those of you who don’t already know.”

At this Zecora walked out onto the stage, she was wearing a very impressive witch costume. “Now little foals,” The Mayor spoke up. “Off we must go and Zecora, here will tell us why we celebrate Nightmare Night.” At this the Mayor and Zecora, led the foals off into the woods, Twilight decided that we should follow them. Applejack gave us a farewell, saying that she had to go attend the apple bobbing baths. With that I was led into the woods by two unicorn mares, and a baby dragon.

“We’re definitely not gonna be heard from again.” Orion said. I just gave him a nod and decided to catch up with my friends as I definitely didn’t want to get lost.

After a few minutes of walking we arrived on one side of a clearing on the other side was a statue to Nightmare Moon, at the sight I paused in my tracks, wondering if that thing was going to spring to life like Discord would. Before I could catch up with my friends, I was stopped by a fore-hoof blocking my path. When I looked to see who the hoof was connected to I was greeted with the Mayor looking at me. I nearly collapsed in a fit of laughter. (Don’t get me wrong she couldn’t look more like a clown even if she tried, it was a great costume but the grin she gave me nearly had me on the ground clutching my stomach laughing.) “Hey Mayor what’s up?” I asked the Mayor.

“Well Ryan on the walk over here, Twilight told me that you have a similar holiday to Nightmare Night where you come from. If it wouldn’t be too much to ask, can you please tell me about it?” The Mayor gave me a look of inquiry and hope.

“Well sure thing Mayor. But before we do that may I please call you by another name?”

“Oh a problem with my name Ryan?”

When she said this I swear I could feel my embarrassment flood my brain. “Sorry but unfortunately Mayor that’s the problem.”

“Okay then Ryan what would you suggest my new name be then?” She gave me a look of inquiry, probably wondering what I could come up with.

“Well how about Mary?” I suggested to the Mayor.

After a few moments probably of careful consideration she spoke. “Sure thing Ryan, now can you please tell me about this festivity that Twilight called Hallow-een.”

“Okay sure thing Mary. First things first Halloween is one word.” She then nodded in understanding. Out of the corner of my eye I could see green smoke gather around our feet, putting it out of my mind I continued on. “Now Halloween is definitely very similar to Nightmare Night in quite a few ways. The first is the festivities such as apple bobbing, also the selling of caramel apples as well. The second is human children and some human teenagers and adults who are young at heart, dress up and go around asking for candy.” Mary gave me a few nods of understanding.

“So if I may ask Ryan what are you dressed up as?” Mary asked me.

“Twilight didn’t tell you Mary?”

“She told me but she didn’t give me an explanation. Because I’m guessing there is a story behind Jack Skellington.”

“Well there is. Back on Earth there is a film called The Nightmare Before Christmas, Christmas being another holiday that we humans celebrate anyway. Jack Skellington is the king of Halloween in that film. So I figured who better to dress up as than the king of Halloween.”

“Well then that sounds pretty interesting Ryan thanks for telling me this.” She then looked back over to the group of ponies stand in front of the statue.

Then in an instant a bolt of lightning careened across the sky illuminating a chariot being pulled by bat-ponies in the night, the next thing that happened was Pinkie screaming out loud. “AHHH IT’S NIGHTMARE MOON EVERY-PONY RUN!!!” At this the foals started running Pinkie, Zecora and Mary running with them, Mary and Zecora probably trying to calm them down and make sure they don’t get lost.

I ran up to Twilight and Trixie, finding that Spike was currently grasping his chest on Twilight’s back. “Twilight is that who I think it is?”

She then turned to look at me and spoke up. “Who do you think it is Ryan?”

Trixie decided to join in on the conversation as the chariot took off towards Ponyville. “Yes Ryan who in Equestria could that be?”

“Simple you two,” I then started to run off in the direction of the chariot, the two mares catching up quite easily. “That my dear mares would be the one and only Princess Luna. We need to get to Ponyville quickly.” With a quick nod the two mares sped a few meters ahead of me. “Hey wait up you two.”

We arrived in the Town Square to find Princess Luna talking to the townsfolk. “Well more like she’s yelling at them that might be why all the ponies are bowing/cowering in fear.” Orion spoke up, if he wanted to say anything else the Royal Canterlot Voice soon drowned him out.

“Citizens of Ponyville! We have graced your tiny village with our presence, so that you might behold the real princess of the night! A creature of nightmare is no longer, but instead a pony who desires your love and admiration! Together we shall change this dreadful celebration into a bright and glorious feast!” After checking to see if my ears were building the voice of a Cream colored Earth pony screamed out.

“RUN EVERY-PONY NIGHTMARE MOON SAID SHE’S GOING TO FEAST ON US!” I recognized the pony who was dressed up as a devil, Golden Harvest. As soon as she yelled that out ponies all around the square started running off in random directions.

“Wait don’t go!” Luna tried to tell the ponies unfortunately only Twilight, Trixie, Spike, AJ and I were left. With a flutter of her wings she flew off towards the clearing in the forest.

“Okay,” I started turning to the ponies and Spike, who Twilight had managed to convince that Luna, wasn’t Nightmare moon. “Here’s the plan, Spike, Twilight you two go help out Luna, get her up to speed on things and maybe try to get her to drop the RCV.” That got a confused look from the ponies and dragon. “You know RCV, Royal Canterlot Voice.” This got the ponies to understand what I meant. “Got that so you two get going and AJ, Trixie and I will gather the ponies up and try to convince them that Luna isn’t Nightmare Moon got it.”

With that out of the way and Twilight running off after Luna, we started to gather up the townsfolk.

After a while we managed to gather up the townsfolk. All I can say is thank goodness that Mary managed to help out with clearing things up as the townsfolk didn’t listen to me or Trixie. After the whole fiasco the town managed to right itself and everything went back to normal.

“Trixie can I tell you something?” I asked Trixie as we stood next to the apple bobbing baths with AJ.

“Sure thing Ryan, what is it.”

“Well these townsfolk are a bit annoying to tell you the truth.” I looked over to AJ to see if she heard what I said it seems she did with the glare she was giving me.

“What do you mean by that Ryan?” The now slightly miffed AJ asked.

“AJ don’t get me wrong you ponies are great kind and hospitable. It’s just that I find it annoying that they still don’t trust Trixie. I mean she cleaned up her mess single hoofed.”

This got AJ to drop the look of annoyance plastered on her face. “I see what you mean Ryan, thanks for clarifying I was thinking I was gonna have to buck ya if you started insultin the town I grew up in.”

Before I could respond to that Trixie spoke up. “Twilight’s back you two, with Princess Luna.” AJ and I looked to see Twilight talking with Luna as she approached the apple bobbing baths.

“Hey AJ I was just talking to Princess Luna, about having fun think you could help?” Twilight asked AJ.

“Well sure thing Twilight,” AJ then held a hoof out to Luna. “Pleasure to meet ya Princess Luna, Applejack’s the name apple bucking’s the game.”

Luna returned the hoof shake. “Tis a pleasure we hast to meet thou Applejack.”

“Ya’ll can call me AJ Princess Luna seeing as how my friends call me that.”

“Thou consider us thou friend Applejack? Even after what we did before using the Royal Canterlot Voice.”

“Why shoot course I do Princess I try to make as many friends as possible.”

A look of happiness spread across Luna’s face. “Well then AJ, what would thou suggest we do for fun?”

“Well how about a bit of apple bobbin.”

“Apple bobbing what is that AJ?”

“Well Ryan would you mind showing the Princess here a demonstration?” She then looked over to me Luna followed her gaze.

“Hey Luna how’s it going.” I asked the Princess of the night.

“Tis going well Ryan. That is quite a nice costume you have there.”

“Why thank you Princess Luna. Although I have to say your Princess Luna costume needs a bit of work I can see a few problems with the straps on your armor, they look worn something that a Princess would be able to pick up on.”

A silence filled the crowd that had gathered around us. Most of the ponies thinking I just openly insulted Luna.

She then did something that broke the silence in an instant. She laughed. “Hahahaha. It seems thou is correct Ryan, thank you for that observation. Spending a millennium on the moon must have worn the straps I will have to get them replaced.”

As soon as she said that everypony that had gathered around let out the breaths that they had been holding. “Well anyway Princess Luna, I’ll get one of my friends to demonstrate how to bob for apples as I believe the rules may be different here than back on earth.” I then paused and scanned the crowd looking for somepony to assist me and then I saw her. “I would like my dear friend Trixie to help me with this task. You wouldn’t mind showing the Princess how to bob for apples Trixie?”

Luna then looked to the magician who was currently frozen from shock. “Would thou please care to help us Trixie?”

When Luna spoke to her that managed to snap her out of her trance. “Why sure thing Princess Luna.” Trixie then walked up to the closest bobbing bath and demonstrated how to bob for the apples. When she was done she levitated the apple out of her mouth so she could talk. “That’s how you bob for apples Princess Luna.”

“You have our thanks Trixie Lulamoon. Now Twilight would you please show us the next source of fun.” Twilight then led the Princess to the spider-pults as I liked to call them. I then felt a tugging on my jacket and turned around to see Trixie.

“Hey Trixie what’s on your mind?”

“Ryan I want you to answer a couple of questions if you wouldn’t mind.”

Off in the distance I heard Luna yell out in a toned down RCV “The fun hast been doubled.”

“So Trixie what are your questions then?”

“Well why did you talk so calmly to Princess Luna? Also outright saying that her armor wasn’t in top condition.”

“Well firstly as far as I know most members of royalty just want to be treated like regular people or rather ponies in this case. Besides me and her are friends.”

“Okay then how did she know my name Celestia I would expect to know my name but her.”

“Well Trixie her royal duties are to make sure ponies dreams aren’t filled with nightmares, so she’s probably visited you in the past and knows your name.” At this I turned back to the bobbing baths to see Luna, holding Pipsqueak above the bath by his costume and then I heard a certain pink pony yell out words which I was dreading all night.

“AHHH PRINCESS LUNA IS EATING PIPSQUEAK.” Yelled Pinkie.

I was woken up yet again by a bucket of water being poured on my face. “Ahhh what the…” I looked up to see Trixie standing next to me a bucket hovering a few centimeters away from my face.

“Oh Ryan thank Celestia you’re okay.” Trixie pulled my left arm into a hug. This gave me a chance to look around. We were in an alleyway, nobody else was with us. Strange. Trixie decided to let go of my arm.

“Hey Trix, where are we?” I asked Trixie.

“Well we’re in an alleyway leading off of the square. Me and AJ pulled you here after you passed out. Twilight and Princess Luna were here a few minutes ago, Twilight told me to wake you up because she has a plan.”

“A plan eh? Sounds fun. But before you tell me what exactly happened whilst I was passed out?”

“Well other than the Princess declaring Nightmare Night banned, you passed out when she made the plush spiders on the Spider-pults come to life.”

“Okay then well that’s a good enough reason. Seeing as how I do have arachnophobia. (For those of you that don’t know a fear of spiders.) So what’s this plan Trixie.”

“Well Twilight told me that we have to get the foals to deliver their candy in front of the statue like they usually would. Then the Princess will scare them, although she’ll scare them in the name of fun.”

“I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that Twilight got that idea from Pinkie.” I said my mind already going to work on how we could convince the foals.

It was then I heard something from the square a certain Zebra and Mayor were talking to a group of nearby foals. It was what Zecora said to a foal that looked a lot like Pipsqueak said. “Come, little Pip. Now don't you fret. Nightmare Night's not over yet. We still have candy left to give, so Nightmare Moon might let us live.”

“Hey Trixie it seems that things are going according to plan, Zecora and the Mayor are getting the foals together. Let’s go tell Twilight and Luna.”

We arrived to see Luna appear as Nightmare Moon and scare the foals. Although they were barreling right towards us, if Twilight’s plan was to work they needed to see Luna revert back to her usual self.

“Trixie I need you to cast a spell that makes it look like my head’s on fire.”

“What why Ryan?”

“Because if the foals don’t see Luna then they’ll still think she’s Nightmare Moon.”

She gave me nod of understanding and then fired up her horn, and by the look on her face it was requiring a lot of concentration and effort. But the result was immediate as my head caught alight.

I then jumped in front of the foals, and did what anyone in my position would do. “You all run from a mere nightmare to a demon you all best turn back. Unless you want to wake up in Tartarus!” This managed to get them frozen in fear as they turned heel and ran, back to Luna.

“Can I cut the spell now?!” Trixie yelled to me.

“Oh yeah Trixie cut it.” I ran back into the bush to see a panting and sweat covered Trixie gasping for breath.

“Wow aren’t they meant to act like that in bed Ryan?” Orion said, I could fell the smirk he was wearing.

I decided to ignore him and scoop up Trixie and carry her back to Ponyville.

Somehow Luna and Twilight managed to get back to town before we did, and by the looks of it she had managed to become friends with the ponies. Twilight managed to take notice of us as we approached the apple bobbing baths.

“Here you go Trixie some nice cold water.” She then proceeded to do what any magically drained unicorn would do. Dunk her head in the bath and drink about a third of the water. “I can see your pretty thirsty Trixie, but try not to drain the whole tub.”

“If you did what I did Ryan, you would be doing the same thing.”

“Well consider me owing you one Trix.” I then took notice of Twilight watching the conversation unfold Luna also arrived on scene. “Oh hey you two what’s happening?”

Twilight decided to speak up first. “Oh nothing much. Although we could have sworn that the foals were going to get away, and not see Luna transform back. Until we took notice of a creature with a flaming head scaring the colts back into the clearing.” She then shifted her gaze to Trixie, a look of worry came onto her face. “Trixie what happened to you?”

“Yes Trixie what hast happened to you?” Luna chimed in.

Before Trixie could answer I spoke for her. “Well that creature with the flaming head was me. Trixie here cast an illusion spell that made it seem like my head was on fire. So that we could scare the foals back so that they could see Luna revert back to normal.”

Luna decided to speak up at this. “Thank you Trixie Lulamoon. Now I have something to ask of you.”

This managed to get Trixie to finally stop drinking water. “Your welcome Princess Luna. What would it be that I can do for you.”

“I simply wish to make a simple request. Trixie do you know that Twilight here, is the student of my sister.” This got Trixie to give Luna a nod. “Well then my sister suggested that maybe I take in a student so that not only could I teach them, but they could teach about modern Equestria. So Trixie Lulamoon I would like to extend to you the proposition of being our student.”

This managed to quite everyone down as Trixie was left in a state of shock. She finally managed to compose herself and give a reply to Luna. “Your serious Princess Luna?”

“Why yes we are, and please call us Luna. So what is thou’s answer?”

“Can I take the night to think about it Luna. It’s just that this is so sudden.”

“Of course you can Trixie. I will wait for your response. Alas I must be off back to Canterlot.” With that she gave a flutter of her wings and took off.

I was the first to talk after Luna was gone. “So Trixie you going to take the job?” I asked the mare who was still looking to where Luna had flown off.

She turned her gaze back to me. “Of course I will Ryan, I won’t deny Princess Luna the honor of teaching The Great and Powerful Trixie.”

“Your old self is showing again Trixie.” She then realized what she had said before continuing on with her thought.

“Ah yes sorry old habits die hard. Anyway I’m now thinking on taking a trip to Canterlot tomorrow. If it isn’t too much to ask would you and Twilight care to accompany me on the train ride, Ryan?”

Me and Twilight shared a look between each other before giving her an answer. “Sure thing Trixie Twilight and I would love to go with you. Always wondered if what Luna said to me the other night is true.”

Twilight then gave me a look of confusion. “What did Princess Luna tell you Ryan?”

“Nothing that you have to worry your cutie mark about.” This managed to get a small look of frustration and annoyance to cross her face. “Anyway how about we go celebrate Nightmare Night you two. I still need to get my fill of candy.” With that said we headed off to enjoy the festivities.

PreviousChapters Next