• Published 25th Feb 2016
  • 4,013 Views, 78 Comments

Another human in Equestria fic - The7thElement



Hi my name is Ryan and I've been brought by Discord to Equestria he summoned me here as a new evil. He sort of messed up. I'm not evil but the other side of me is, this story will tell you dear reader of my adventures.

  • ...
42
 78
 4,013

PreviousChapters Next
A setup for a wedding.

A couple of days had passed since showing the Elements that I could control magic. To celebrate my (Self Proclaimed) mastery of levitation, Twilight, managed to get one up on Pinkie and invited us all for a picnic on the edge of Ponyville.

“Well every-pony it’s glad to see that you could all make it today, to celebrate Ryan’s mastery of levitation spells.” Twilight said. Pinkie then fired off her party cannon when Twilight had finished speaking.

“Well thanks for that Twilight. Anyway as Twilight said thanks for you guys for showing up, I know it’s only for the free food.” I said managing to get a few chuckles from the ponies.

The small chuckles were broken up when Spike started coughing. After a few coughs a tongue of flame came out of his mouth, and out of the green fire dropped a scroll. Twilight immediately caught the scroll in her magic.

She then decided to give the scroll a quick read before a look of shock appeared on her muzzle. “Hey Twilight what’s on the scroll.” I asked wondering what caused her to be shocked. In response she floated the scroll over to me. I then took that as my cue to read it out.

“Dear Twilight Sparkle. I have the utmost pleasure to invite you and your friends to your brother Shining Armor’s wedding.”

“Wait Twilight you have a brother?!” Dash said interrupting my reading of the letter.

“Yes I do Dash. I’ll tell you about him when Ryan’s done reading the letter.”

I then decided to pick up where I left off. “Fortunately you and your friends will be able to assist in the wedding preparations. For Fluttershy I ask for her to provide music with a bird choir. For Applejack she will help provide catering. For Pinkie Pie she will be planning the reception and after-party. For Rainbow Dash she will be providing a Sonic Rainboom for when the wedding ceremony is complete. For yourself you will be organizing the event. For Rarity she will be making the dresses for the bride and bridesmaids. Unfortunately, Ryan will not be able to help with the wedding, as my sister and I wish to speak to him about how his controlling of magic is going. Please send back a reply as soon as possible. Hope you can attend the wedding of Shining Armor and Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. Sincerely Princess Celestia.” I then rolled up the scroll. “So Twilight why haven’t you told us about your brother.” I asked the unicorn who was wearing a face of shock.

“Okay then. Well the reason I haven’t told any of you about Shining, is because I never thought I would need to, seeing as how he still lives in Canterlot as captain of the day guard.” She said.

“Really Twilight well that’s surprising.” I said to her.

“How is that surprising?” She asked. By the looks on the other ponies faces they wanted to know my answer as well.

“Well the whole time I was at Canterlot I didn’t run into him. You think he would try to find me.” I explained.

“Okay then. Anyway I still mad that he hasn’t come to tell me himself, that he’s getting married to this Princess Mi Amore Cadenza.” Saying Cadenza’s name in a harsh sarcastic tone.

“Well anyway aside from your brother not telling you that he’s getting married. You can’t deny that this is simply romantic.” With that said Rarity gave a slight swoon. She then righted herself, as a look of realization dawned on her face. “Well then if we have been invited to this wedding we need to get ready.” Rarity then turned to me. “Ryan if I may borrow you for a short while unless you need to grab stuff for the wedding.”

That managed to get me to pause for a moment, thinking about whether or not I needed to pack anything. “No I don’t think I’ll need to pack anything Rarity. What did you have in mind?”

“Well if you don’t mind I need you to come with me back to the boutique. As I have finished your suit, and I want to know what you think about it.” She said as she turned back towards Ponyville.

AJ decided to speak up. “Well then how about this we all go get ready fer the wedding, and when we’re ready we all meet at the train station.” This managed to get a round of agreements from the other ponies, as we all walked back to Ponyville.

After a few minutes Rarity and I arrived at her boutique, she then showed me to a changing room.

“Your suit is in there waiting for you dear.” Rarity said pointing to the door of the changing room.

After putting my suit on I walked back out into the main room of the boutique where Rarity had set up a mirror.

When I looked at myself in the mirror I saw just how awesome Rarity was at making clothes.

At first glance the suit looked like a regular black jacket with a white under shirt, as well as a pair of black pants and black leather shoes. But upon closer inspection a small blue and red trim could be seen on the edge of the black jacket, the trim was also on the edge of the tie. On the undershirt’s front pocket was Rarity’s cutie mark.

“Holy crap Rarity.” Were the only words I could say at seeing this suit.

“So I’ll take that you like it.” Rarity said.

I then turned around and pulled the seamstress into a hug. After putting her down I spoke up once again. “Rarity to say that I like this suit is an understatement. I love it.”

“Well you’re very welcome dear.” It was then that Rarity noticed that I had pulled out my bit bag. “Darling you don’t have to pay for your suit.”

“Rarity just wondering how much would I have to pay for this suit?” I asked hoping she would answer my question.

She then pulled out a calculator and entered some numbers, muttering prices under her breath. “Well darling, I’d say about 100 bits why?”

“Well how about we make a compromise, seeing as how you don’t want me to pay and I’m not letting you get away with making me a suit and not accepting my money, I’ll give you half of what I would originally have to pay.”

“So you would pay me 50 bits, instead of 100.” I then gave her a nod in response. She then decided to start packing her things. “Well then dear I guess I could accept that deal, but on one condition.”

“What’s the condition?” I asked wondering what she could be planning.

“Simple darling the next time I make something for you, you don’t ask to pay me.” She said. Giving me a smug smile.

“Okay then Rarity I accept your conditions.” I said holding my hand out to her, she then placed her hoof in my hand and we then shook on the deal. “Well I best go get changed out of my suit, the others are probably waiting for us.”

I then turned back towards the changing room, before I could forget I placed the 50 bits I owed Rarity on the counter next to her cash register.

A few hours had passed since I had received my new suit from Rarity. We had arrived in Canterlot much to my dismay the train dropped us off in the upper district of Canterlot, (Y’know the one with all the snooty nobles.) as we got off the train we noticed all of the extra security.

“What do y’all think’s with the extra guards?” AJ asked.

“Well Applejack darling, it is a royal wedding the extra security is probably for the wedding.” Rarity said giving AJ an answer.

With that said Twilight started storming off towards the castle.

“Hey where’s Twilight storming off to?” Dash said pointing to where Twilight was walking off the platform.

“I’ll go grab her.” I then turned around to Spike. “Spike you know where you and Twilight’s old room at Canterlot is?” Spike then gave me a nod. “Okay cool well I need you to take the others there.” I then turned to follow Twilight off the platform before I realized something else I needed to tell Spike. “Oh Spike, don’t go into the room until me and Twilight meet you there okay.” Spike then gave me a look of confusion before nodding, and with that clarified I then followed Twilight.

Thankfully Twilight had rushed through the upper district, making me rush through it as well to catch up with her. “Twilight wait up!” I said as I managed to catch up with her.

“Shining Armor I need to talk to you!” As soon as Twilight yelled out that singular sentence ten guards appeared on top of a nearby wall, each of them wore the armor of the day guard and they were all pointing spears at us.

As soon as the guards appeared I swear my heart stopped. Luckily for my heart it restarted when an alabaster unicorn appeared on top of the wall. “Twily!” He yelled down to us after a moment of calming the guards down he then jumped down to us.

“Don’t you Twily me mister.” Twilight said staring down the unicorn.

“Okay then. What did I do wrong?” The unicorn asked. He then gestured for us to follow him.

We then found ourselves on a small stone walkway. “What you did wrong! Well let me tell you. First of all, you get married without even telling me yourself. Secondly your getting married to this Princess Mi Amor Cadenza who exactly is that anyway!” Twilight said whilst steam was pouring out of her ears in anger.

“Twily calm down. Princess Mi Amor Cadena is your old foal-sitter Cadance.” At this he gestured to a pink alicorn who was standing on the opposite end of the stone walkway.

“Cadance!” Twilight exclaimed, before doing a dance in front of the princess.

Cadance backed a few steps away from Twilight. “Heh hello there who are you?”

A look of confusion spread across Twilight’s face. “Cadance it’s me Twilight, your favorite foal to look after.”

With that said a look of realization spread across Cadance’s face. “Oh yes Twilight, it’s good to see you again after so long. Sorry if I forgot you there for a second, it’s just been so many years since I last saw you.” She then looked over Twilight directly at me. Then glanced at the unicorn who noticed Cadance was looking at me.

“Sorry for my rudeness but who are you?” The unicorn asked me.

“Oh well the name’s Ryan, and you would be?” I asked him holding my hand out, after placing his hoof in my hand I proceeded to shake his hoof.

“Shining Armor’s my name, and forgive me if I’m wrong but you’re the human that Princess Celestia was talking about?”

“Yep that’s me.” I said flashing him a grin. I then looked over to Cadance and gave her a bow. “Forgive my manners Princess Cadance a pleasure and honor to meet you.”

“You’re forgiven, but if it isn’t too much to ask I need to steal Shining here away from you, wedding plans and such.”

I then turned to Twilight as the princess and Shining left. “C’mon Twi let’s go catch up with the others.”

With that said we headed off. As we entered the castle Orion spoke up.

“So was that the queen bug or the real Cadance?”

‘That would be the queen bug, the real Cadance would have shared that dance with Twilight.’ I thought, seeing as how he could hear my thoughts and I didn’t want to seem like a weirdo talking to myself, and for now I didn’t want anyone except the royal sisters knowing about Orion.

“So what are we gonna do to stop her invasion?” Orion asked itching at the idea of getting in a fight.

‘We’re not doing anything.’

“What?! How come?” He asked a slight amount of irritation in his voice.

‘I have a plan okay, just trust me.’

“Well seeing as how you’re the one controlling this body, sure I’ll trust you.” With that said Orion proceeded to quiet down as we arrived outside Twilight’s old room.

“Hey girls, what are you all doing out here?” Twilight asked the others.

“Well Ryan told us to wait out here for you guys.” Spike said.

“Yeah why did you get Spike to keep us waiting out here Ryan?” Dash asked.

I then proceeded to knock on the door loudly, after a few seconds I walked in side the room. Once I was in the center of the room I was tackled by Trixie.

“Hey Trixie good to see you again.” I said as the mare nuzzled my chest.

“Good to see you too Ryan.” It was then Trixie looked up to see the other ponies staring at us their jaws agape, all except for Dash who was trying her hardest to try and contain her laughter.

Trixie then hopped off of me and composed herself. “Hey Trixie, it’s great to see you again.” Twilight said.

“Good to see you as well Twilight Sparkle.” Trixie said as Twilight looked around her old room.

“I see you have found me and Spike’s old room.”

“Yes I have, I hope you don’t mind me moving into it.” Trixie said with a sheepish smile.

“Not at all Trixie, not at all.”

“Well sorry to interrupt you two but I have a question.” I said getting the attention of the mares.

“What would that be Ryan?” Trixie asked.

“Well do you know where Celestia is? I need to talk to her.”

“I know where she is.” This new voice managed to catch us all of guard. We turned our heads to see a unicorn mare standing in the door way. This unicorn seemed familiar to me, her white coat, dark brown mane, black rimmed glasses and an ink pen and inkwell for her cutie mark. It then occurred to me that I had occasionally seen Celestia talking to this pony, from time to time when I was last in Canterlot.

“Hello Raven, it’s good to see you again.” Twilight said greeting Raven.

“It’s good to see you as well Miss Twilight.” Raven then turned her gaze to the rest of us. “Forgive me for the lack of introductions. My name is Raven I am Princess Celestia’s advisor and assistant.”

“Well pleasure to meet you miss Raven. Please forgive my bluntness but you did say you knew where Celestia was right?” I asked wanting to find and talk to Celestia as soon as I could.

“Why yes I can take you to her.” She then turned back to Twilight. “I believe that you will be able to show your friends where exactly they will be working to help with the wedding.” Twilight then gave a nod to Raven in response. “Well then Ryan if you will follow me please.”

Before we left the room I looked over to Twilight and spoke up. “Hey Twilight how about we meet up somewhere and get something to eat tonight.”

“Um sure thing Ryan, that would probably help us relax.” She then turned to Trixie. “Trixie would you like to join us.”

“Um sure thing Twilight. If you guys don’t mind I would like to get some sleep, Princess Luna does like to keep me up a bit later than what I’m used to.” With that said we left Trixie to get some sleep in her room. Raven then led me away from the others.

After a few minutes of walking Raven and I arrived outside two large oak wood doors, two unicorn day guards were standing on either side of the doors. As we approached the doors swung open inwards. Unfortunately for me I didn’t notice this and I ran straight into a male unicorn.

He was a light grey unicorn with a cyan blue mane and tale, as I helped him up off the floor I noticed that he was wearing a monocle and tux with a purple bow tie, his cutie mark was three crowns in a pyramid shape.

“Oh so sorry about that I really should’ve been watching where I was going.” I said as I helped him dust himself off.

“No problem, no problem at all. It happens to the best of us.” He then looked up at me a look of shock crossing his face, his shock was as gone as soon as it came. “I’m guessing that you are the visitor from another world that Princess Celestia has told me about.” He then held out a hoof. “Name’s Fancy Pants, and you are?” He asked as I shook his hoof.

“Name’s Ryan, pleasure to meet you Fancy. Unfortunately, I have to see Celestia.” I said a sheepish grin on my face as I walked into the throne room.

“Well hopefully we’ll meet again Ryan.” With that said the doors closed behind me.

I found that Raven hadn’t followed me into the throne room. “Good to see you’re here Ryan.” Celestia said as she hopped off her throne and walked towards me, I decided to save her a bit of trouble and met her in the middle. She then decided to pull me into a hug.

“Good to see you too Celestia.” I said as she let go. “So I’ve met the loving bride and groom. So has Twilight and she wants to know why Shining couldn’t tell Twilight about the wedding himself.”

“Can you keep a secret Ryan?” That caught me by surprise I gave Celestia a nod in response. “The reason why Shining was unable to tell Twilight about the wedding was because he was too busy.”

“Busy with what?” I asked.

“Ryan, a threat has been made against Canterlot.”

“What do you mean?” I asked wondering what the threat was.

“A note was sent to me and my sister threatening Canterlot.”

“Okay then that would explain the shield that we saw on the train.”

“That shield is Shining Armor’s work, he recommended we put up a magical barricade in case of something sneaking past the guard.”

“So why not cancel the wedding and wait for the threat to pass?”

“Because the populace of Canterlot believes that the added security is for the wedding, the last thing we need is rumors spreading of a threat against Canterlot, the populace would panic and I believe whoever made this threat wanted to sow the seeds of panic and chaos.”

“Whoa that is… wow.” I said still wrapping my head around what Celestia had just said.

“Quite a lot to take in all at once isn’t it?” She then looked towards one of the paned windows. “Anyway, Twilight has written to me saying that you’ve taken to using magic quite quickly. If I may ask what have you learnt? But before you show me let me say this you are aloud to tell Twilight and her friends about this little conundrum.”

It was then I decided to have a bit of mischief. Luckily for me I was wearing my gloves. I then reached out with my magic and lifted Celestia a few feet off the ground.

“So I’m guessing you know a bit about levitation spells.” She said looking down at me from her new position floating in the air.

“How could you tell?” I said as I decided to make her do a barrel roll mid air.

“Might have something to do with how I’m spinning mid air.”

“Maybe.” I then noticed a door open out of the corner of my eye.

“Good morning sister, how has morning court been?” She then looked up to see her sister rotating mid air. “Umm should I ask what is happening in here?”

A wide grin spread across my face as I reached out with my magic and made Luna levitate in the same manner as her sister.

“Nothing much Luna. Just showing your sister what spells I’ve learnt.” I then looked down to see that the main gems on my gloves were slowly losing their blue coloration.

I then decided to stop my fun and lowered the two princesses to the floor. I then fell onto my rear panting from exhaustion at levitating and spinning two fully grown alicorns.

“Ryan art thou alright?” Luna said as she trotted up to me placing a wing around my back.

“Yeah I’m fine, just a bit winded from levitating you and your sister.”

I then looked up to see that Celestia had summoned a glass of water, and levitated it over to me, after giving my thanks I drank down the water.

It was then that I noticed that it had started to get late the sun had started to set.

“Wow time sure flies when you’re levitating princesses. Look I’m sorry but I gotta get going I told the others that I would meet up with them before the wedding.” I then got up and gave the princesses a hug before moving towards the large doors. With a wave goodbye I left the throne room.

After a while and some help from some maids, butlers and a few guards, I managed to figure out where the elements were.

After walking through the upper district of Canterlot I found the store where Twilight and the others were sitting outside of a Donut Joe’s.

“Hey guys, how’s it going?” I said taking a seat next to Trixie.

“Hey Ryan. Nothing much has been happening really, well except for Twilight getting the crazy idea that Cadance really isn’t who she says to be.” Dash said.

“But it isn’t a crazy idea. That really isn’t Cadance, she’s an imposter!” Twilight said slamming her head on the table.

“Okay before I ask why you think that she is an imposter, I need to tell you all something, something that you have to promise not to tell any-pony else okay.” That managed to get the ponies to say that they won’t tell anybody. “Okay then well Twilight the reason that Shining couldn’t tell you in person about the wedding is because a threat has been made against Canterlot, and he’s been busy.” This managed to get a few gasps from the group of ponies. “Okay then Twilight go ahead with what you were saying.”

After a few seconds Twilight managed to realize what she wanted to say. “Okay then Ryan, the reasons why I think that Cadance is an imposter are. Number 1: She didn’t like Applejack’s cooking.”

“No that’s actually my fault Twi, I didn’t make those fritters properly so Cadance saved me the embarrassment of the fritters not being made properly.” AJ cut in.

“Okay then reason number 2: She insulted on of your birds Fluttershy.”

“Well Fredrick was a bit off key and thanks to her criticism he’s gotten better.” Fluttershy cut in.

“Well then number 3: She made you re-make her bridesmaid dresses.” Twilight said pointing a hoof at Rarity.

“Well the stitching wasn’t at it’s best and it could’ve torn on the big day.” Rarity said defending Cadance.

“Okay then the fourth reason: Her attitude wasn’t like the Cadance I remember, and she didn’t even remember me when I met her today.”

I decided to cut in at this point. “Look Twilight she’s probably stressing over the wedding, which would explain her poor attitude. As for her not remembering you she said it herself it’s been quite a few years since she last saw you.”

A look of realization dawned on Twilight’s face. “Yeah you’re all probably right. Maybe I should go apologize to her.”

“Probably for the best Twilight.” I said.

After giving us a quick goodbye Twilight ran off towards the castle.

“We shouldn’t have encouraged her mate.” Orion said as Twilight ran off into the distance.

‘We need to set things in motion, as much as I don’t want to do that.’ With that thought delivered I decided to enjoy eating donuts with my friends.

Author's Note:

Here it is people the first part of the canterlot wedding special. Hope you all enjoy. I will try to get the second part out soon.

PreviousChapters Next