• Published 25th Feb 2016
  • 2,668 Views, 29 Comments

After the Rampage - twilightsparkle3562



Scorpan returns to Equestria to help the Princesses and their subjects recover from Tirek's rampage. However, he also tries to help Discord get back in the good graces of those he betrayed by siding with Tirek.

  • ...
2
 29
 2,668

Chapter 1: My Hate Will Die With You

Scorpan could sense that something was amiss when he knew that something had happened in Equestria. The young gargoyle knew that his brother, the diabolical Lord Tirek had escaped from his prison in Tartarus and set out to finish what they both had started over a long time ago, which was to take all the magic in Equestria for himself. Scorpan was once on his brother's side and it wasn't until he met and befriended Starswirl the Bearded, the all powerful wizard who made him see the light of what made Equestria what it was. Trusting his newly minted instincts, Scorpan also befriended Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, the two royal sisters and thus, allowed them to capture and imprison Tirek in Tartarus…until today.


Now, with Tirek's recent return to Tartarus known to him, Scorpan could see that he needed to say his peace to his brother and that he had to return to Equestria to help his friends once again. Entering the cold and dark realm of the Tartarus prison, Scorpan was first greeted by Cerberus, who was now more than focused on standing guard.

"Down, Cerberus," said Scorpan, raising his paw to the three headed dog. "I mean you no harm at all. I wish to see my brother, Lord Tirek."

The three headed dog stood down and allowed Scorpan to fly past towards the cage where Tirek was being held in. Little did Scorpan know that Tirek had recently received a visit from Equestria's four princesses who had come to offer him a chance to learn the magic of friendship like Scorpan. Of course, being the demonic centaur he was, Tirek refused and was condemned to rot in the dungeon for the rest of his life.

"So here you are," said Scorpan, coldly as he landed in front of his brother's cage with Tirek's back to him. "You just couldn't give up yours goals, couldn't you? I sensed what you had done, Tirek and I for one no longer consider you a brother."

Tirek didn't move for a second, but then he turned around looking over at Scorpan with a cold stare that was just as equal as Scorpan's. In Tirek's mind, he knew that Scorpan was a pathetic excuse for a brother.

"Is that what you have come to say to me after all these years?" sneered Tirek, turning fully around. "Have you no remorse for not coming to my defense at my moment of need?"

Scorpan was aghast by what he had just heard and clutched the bars of Tirek's cage, his eyes filled with fury as he locked on Tirek's face with a far colder stare. Tirek deserved to be defeated the way he did at the hands of Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends.

"Why should I have come to help you, Tirek?" asked Scorpan. "Tell me why."

"Because you are my brother, Scorpan," retorted Tirek. "We always look out for one another and now is the time for you prove yourself…"

"Oh, shut up!" snapped Scorpan, hissing like a snake and cutting Tirek off. "Just shut up! I don't care anymore! I don't care that you are my brother! A brother never looks up to someone that has every intention of putting others down to his level. No, I will not bow down to someone like you, Tirek."

Scorpan then backed away from the cage, determined to not let Tirek break him. For he had something far more important in mind to help his pony friends and they didn't involve his brother in any way.

"I can sense what you have done, you pathethic excuse for a creature," said Scorpan. "You put my friends and the ruler of the Crystal Empire in your place, leaving them to die while you went on your merry rampage, trampling on the rights of others that never did anything to you."

As Scorpan spoke, Cerberus whimpered for a second, knowing firsthand how hard it was seeing his mistresses in the position they were in. Of course, they were eventually freed much to his relief. Scorpan took notice and used Cerberus' plight and predicament to make his case against Tirek.

"Do you see? Even Cerberus agrees with me," continued Scorpan. "He made a mistake and will learn from it, unlike you, ex-brother."

"Flattery will get you nowhere, Scorpan," said Tirek, unfazed by Scorpan's demeanor towards him. "Do you know how I felt with all the magic in Equestria? I felt strong, I felt great to be alive! Friendship is and always will be a weakness to me, Scorpan. And that is what you are, a weakling who embraces friendship over power."

"No, you are the weakling," countered Scorpan, bitterly as he got ready to leave. "If you aren't going to learn what friendship is yourself, then I will show you. I will return to Equestria and clean up the mess that you made, Tirek. I will help anypony who was traumatized by your actions and that includes my friends whom you imprisoned."

Scorpan was about to take to the air when Tirek uttered a statement that surprised Scorpan greatly.

"What about that pathetic Discord?" remarked Tirek, clutching onto the bars of his cage. "He is just as weak as you are, Scorpan, just like that medal that once belonged you."

Scorpan didn't respond and merely focused on the task at hand, which was to help his equine friends recover from Tirek's rampage.

"Brother, your words won't hurt me anymore," sighed Scorpan. "In fact, I don't care what happens to you. You can complain about your defeat all you want, but I won't listen. You are dead to me, Tirek and my hate will die with you."

Without another word, Scorpan took to the air and left Tirek alone to think about his actions, not caring what happens to him.


Soon, Scorpan arrived into Canterlot under a cover of darkness. The streets filled with more of Princess Luna's night guards than ever before as the events with Tirek had caused the Royal sisters to increase security around Canterlot and the surrounding communities. He knew that he had to be careful for one wrong move could be the end of him, depending how vigilant the guards were. Pulling the hood of his cloak over his head, Scorpan approached the gates of Canterlot where two guards pointed their spears at him.

"Halt!" one of them cried.

"Who goes there?" added the other, just as stern sounding as the other. "Remove your hood at once!"

Doing as he was told, Scorpan slowly removed the hood revealing the maned portion of his body. The guards still stood steadfast for they didn't know what would Scorpan was capable of, although it was clear that Scorpan had no intentions whatsoever on hurting anypony.

"I am Scorpan," he said to the guards. "I have come to help Equestria recover from my brother's reign of terror on the ponies of this land."

Nevertheless, the guards remained suspicious as they carefully approached Scorpan intending to search him to see that he wasn't planning anything. It took a few minutes, but they found nothing on Scorpan and thus allowed him to pass through the gates and into the darkened and heavily guarded streets of Canterlot, intending to meet the princesses and inform them of his plans to help Equestria move on…