• Published 29th Feb 2016
  • 3,220 Views, 52 Comments

How do I get you alone? - Phantom Dragon

  • ...
12
 52
 3,220

Ch 9: On the road again

She didn't want to notice it. Especially since they have been so nice to her. However, it was bothering her again, 'Cornflower' thought they would better than this. But, this kept happening over and over.

'Cornflower' caught the door as it almost slammed into him.

She looked around and again no pony seemed to notice. This caused her to raise her eyebrow.

She wanted to say something but she didn't, she ended up feeling guilty about it.


The next day, Trixie woke up from a nightmare, feeling around her neck feeling instant relived when something wasn't there.

Spike went unnoticed as he brought her breakfast, so he caught her feeling her neck.

"What's the matter?"

She jumped in surprise, which he apologized for

Trixie looked at him with guilty the image of her putting him in a basket flashed again.

"Have I ever apologized for that?" She weakly said

"Huh? For what?"

She sighed "For turning you into baseball and shooting through a hoop"

He blinked once then twice "Oh that, I mean it wasn't your fault"

"It kind of was, I bought it after all"

Spike ears lowered "So you remember,everything?"

"Every single thing I did, the rush felt while wearing it ...knowing there could be a monster inside me. That's the worst part."

Trixie hugged her pillow hard, sniffing as she cried.

Spike sighed "A monster huh? I know that feeling all too well"

One of her ears twitched in response

"On my birthday my natural greed turn me into a monster."

"What do you mean?"

"Well dragons have greed, the instinct to gather a horde, that's why dragons can be loners"

"Well on my birthday I usually get one present, but then every pony gave me a gift."

"My greed grew me into a huge monster and I destroyed the town."

"The difference is that I was forgiven"

"However there's still part of me who wonders if I could become a monster"

Spike used his claw to lift Trixie's chin "Look at me Trixie, I do understand so I forgive you"

Trixie stared wide-eyed at him blushing and feeling her heart beat a mile in a minute, her lips trembled wanting to...wanting to...

Then Rarity's face popped into her mind she bit her lip and few tears escaping from her eyes

"I..I see..."


That Evening

She had to save up her money to build herself another wagon. Although she wanted to pay him back, she knew the best thing was to earn that money and sent money back to him.

Cornflower had prepared heartfelt letters of thankfulness to all of Twilight's friends, even begrudgingly to Rarity. So under the cover of night, she visited all their houses and posted her notes on their door.

Her last stop was Twilight's castle she looked at it tearfully, she had to fight the urge to say goodbye or hug him or... the thought she had earlier come up again ' I have to move on '.


She let out a heavy sigh, it was time to go. Not only was she aching to go back on the road, but they were too nice to her.

She floated with her magic, the gems she had in her left saddle bag. She had convinced Rarity to let her have any gems she didn't need. Lying that she would use them as costume jewelry in her show.

She used her magic to make a pony-sized 'thank you' out of gems and taped her note to it.

She hitched her wagon that she hid in the bushes. And waited until the crack of dawn to leave. Usually, she would be happy about leaving a town to get back on the road.

But strangely every step she took away from Ponyville. She felt like an arrow was being shot into her chest. Slowly her heart felt like it was breaking. With tears, she ran away.

She can't stay, they were too lenient on her. She didn't earn it...

'WHY IS YOUR PRIDE SO IMPORTANT TO YOU!'

She completely stopped as that thought screamed in her head.

With tears in her eyes, she looked towards the heavens.

' Mom'... ' Dad'

She used her magic to split her costume in half.

"You win Spike...You win"


Trixie sat miserably in her wagon, rolling open the Equestrian Map she had to look at it to get her next destination. She figured she had to go to the Crystal Empire because she hasn't been there yet.

A fresh start that's what she needed.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter but the last chapter is going to be doozy.

Huh? this is the third music reference I wrote for a chapter title. See if you can name them all.

Also so much Drama I feel like I wrote Trixie OOC

There will be one last chapter.