• Published 29th Feb 2016
  • 3,217 Views, 52 Comments

How do I get you alone? - Phantom Dragon

  • ...
12
 52
 3,217

Ch 4: Lending a claw

In that moment it was as if time stood still, because no one in the room moved a muscle. Trixie then smiled a goofy grin and fell asleep on the bed, letting a loud snore.

The doctor came in and let out a laugh "Well, she still needs her rest but she is ready to be released."

"AppleJack, you are the element of honesty, correct?" The doctor asked

"Yes sir" she answered

"Well, as a doctor I have to follow P.P.H.L rules..."

"What's P.P.H.L?" Spike asked

"Pony Privacy Health Laws, basically it provides privacy to ponies"

"Anyway" he continued "She needs to be dismissed right now and I need to give her advice, So AppleJack I'm giving you my hoofwritten notes for Trixie as well as prescriptions" "Since you also are trust worthy, I'm asking you as the element of honesty that unless she gives you permission to, do not open those notes. Give it to her when she wakes up,"

"But doc, why don't ya do it? You can wait until she wakes up" AJ questioned

"Usually I would, but we need to take her out of the hospital. We unfortunately are understaffed. All the doctors from Canterlot have returned. Everypony in the hospital is way too tired from around the clock care of the patient. There is nopony left to observe her"

"At this state, I need to ask one of you to take care of Trixie. Since you are friends of a Princess I know she's in good hooves"

"But doctor, what will you do when somepony has to come here for an emergency"

"We'll ask help from Zecora until we are rested up"

"In the meantime, would any you care of her until she fully recovers?"

Without even a moment of hesitation Spike spoke up

"I'll do it"

Everypony quickly turned to Spike

"But Spike are you sure you're up for it?" Fluttershy asked

Spike turned and faced his friends with a look of determination "I feel like since I found her, like I'm responsible for her"

"But that's silly Spiky Wiky you are not responsible just because you found her"

Spike closed his eyes and let out a breath out,

"I want to help Trixie because she tried her best against that chimera, and it earned my respect. Although she is not really a hero, I feel like...like I want to help the hero go back to their journey. Does that make sense?"

Spike's friends stood with their jaws open, for Spike to speak to them in that kind of manner. It felt to them at that moment like Spike had grown a little mature.

"We're very proud of ya Spike, if Twilight was here she would say the same thing" said AJ

"Ah, you make it sound like she died" Pinkie stated sadly

AppleJack angrily looked at her

"Alright she needs plenty of rest. Make sure she doesn't do anything extreme otherwise, she might open up her stitches"

So Healing hoof pushed a wheelchair next the bed, the small enough doctors helped Trixie into it.

Pinkie, Rarity, Fluttershy and AppleJack helped Spike take Trixie to Twilight's castle by the time they got there it was evening.

AppleJack carried her to a guest bed and left her to rest. She then left the medicine that the doctor prescribed, as well the doctor's notes on the bedside table.

"Alright, Spike did ya want us to stay ? Or do ya got this?"

"Thanks AppleJack, but I can take care of things from here. I'll get any of you if I need help"

And with that everyone retired home.

Spike stood there for a little bit watching Trixie's chest rise and fall. The fear of it stopping crossed his mind, but that disappeared quickly.

Spike noticed that she was sweating making the sheets wet, he quickly pulled her blanket.

There were huge stitches all over her body. The predominate one was the one that ran from the front of her chest to the right side of her body and although the bites on her were healing there were still indentations left on her .

Spike shivered and cried.

Still crying he went to the window and opened a bit to let the cool air in.

Spike went and get extra blankets and put it by the bed. He then put a thin sheet on top of her.

Spike went to his room took his pillow and blanket and slept on the floor in front of Trixie's bed.


One day later

Trixie got up and let out a huge yawn and stretched "I haven't slept that well in a long time"

Trixie then looked around confused.

She was in a fancy bedroom, well fancy compared to her wagon at lease. Although Trixie noticed it was decorated pretty simply.

"Where am I?"

She heard the clicking of nails hitting the hard floor coming towards her room.

A small purple dragon opened the door carried a serving cart overfilled with food. From oatmeal to cereal almost every single breakfast item was on it.

'Hey I recognize him, he was with Twilight when I first come to Ponyville, and he was there when that 'incident' happened'

'I think I vaguely remember him being with Twilight in magic school'

When the purple dragon's eyes met her, he seemed like a foal in the candy store.

The dragon wiped tears of joy on his face "You're.." he let out sniff "You're awake" he said joyfully.

'Ok why would Twilight's dragon be happy to see me?'

"What would you like for breakfast?"

Trixie stared at him blankly.

'Hold on'

'Fancy bedroom, breakfast in bed,Twilight's dragon serving me, is this a dream?'

Trixie started to piece things together the last thing she remembered was facing that chimera and then getting out the forest.

Was she in a coma? She had read in fiction all the time, when a character was in a coma they are in a perfect world of their own.

So is what she read true?

'I have dreamt of being a princess before so,it kind of makes sense'

'Wait., wouldn't that mean...'

Trixie turned to look behind her, to see her wings

But alas no wings were found on her back.

'Yeah, not a princess'

The baby dragon cocked his head in confusion

"Are you okay? What do you need?" asked the dragon in a concerned tone

"Alright mmm... dragon tell me what is going on"

'Dragon?!' he thought looking actually offended by her comment 'Ooh that's right she never got introduced to most of us'

"My name's Spike. You got attacked by a chimera and ended in Ponyville, I found you on death's door. Luckily you were near Fluttershy's house, she helped you until you got into the hospital. You were almost a goner in there. You were such extreme case that the hospital had to get help from Canterlot. The hospital couldn't take care of you anymore, so now you're here"

Trixie blinked a few times trying to process what Spike just said.

Spike moved the cart closer grasping a tray with his claws.

"I wasn't exactly sure what you liked, so I brought a little bit of everything"

Trixie was about to lift the tray with her magic when...

"Wait, maybe you should'nt be doing that. Your magic has been inactive for some time now"

Trixie let out a groan and sighed "Alright so did her majesty ..." Saying her majesty in a sarcastic tone "Feel sorry for me and that's why I'm here"

"No, Twilight isn't here, she and Rainbow Dash went on an adventure with a mmm special friend"

"Oh I see"

"Spike, would you mind leaving me alone a little while?"

"Um, sure I guess but let me help you with breakfast"

Trixie looked pretty angry when Spike said that and she grabbed the tray with her teeth, laying it on top of the bed.

"Thanks but I got it" Trixie said rudely

Spike rolled his eyes 'you would think she would be a little grateful' and left.

Trixie then looked out the window and started to think.

Author's Note:

I did take a course in medical coding, so I know a bit about HIPPA. So I added my twist to it in this story.

Yes, I am aware that no hospital would ever ask someone to take care thier patient, even if they are understaffed. Nor they will transport a sleeping patient to somewhere that would be kidnapping, but it's fiction so it's okay.