• Published 29th Feb 2016
  • 3,220 Views, 52 Comments

How do I get you alone? - Phantom Dragon

  • ...
12
 52
 3,220

Ch 8: Helping out

Spike came to deliver lunch, he sat by her to talk about his day. Because Trixie opened up to him, Spike in turn was more open to her.

"So Lemon Hearts told me, that the FlimFlam brothers tried to sell their wares in Canterlot and they barely got a bit"

"Good they deserve it"

Trixie cocked her head "Oh why is that?"

"Well they lie and cheat ponies out money"

"Well I never seen one their performances, but it is a shame"

"But they lie and cheat..."

"Spike, when you're on the road a lot. You mostly have yourself to relay on. So yes, I do respect them for that much. It does not mean I approve of their methods."
" I will tell you if you were on the road you would see a different side to them. I could tell that every once in while if we were to run each other"
"We would share our experiences with different cities, or sometimes we will share what food we have"

Spike responded by a thoughtful "Huh"



"Spike why don't eat with me next time, I wouldn't mind the company" Trixie said

Spike looked at her panicking and visually sweating

"Um... I would but..mmm I...um I ate as I was preparing your lunch" Spike said unconvincingly

"I see..what you usually like eat?"

"Emeralds" He blurted out

"Gems?"

"Yeah dragon eat gems"

"I see..."

Trixie eyes looked at Spike's claws and noticed some dirt on them

"Well how you usually get gems?" she inquired

He sighed blissfully and said "Rarity"

As soon as he said Rarity's name, Trixie felt a slight pain in her chest, she dismissed it as nothing.



Trixie pictured Rarity, her pretty face, her nice purple hair. She suddenly felt angry.

'What..why would I feel angry all the sudden?'

He had a dreamy look on his face

He let out a happy sigh "Rarity needs gems for her dresses, she would use her magic to find them. And I would help her and she let me have some in exchange"

He let another sigh out "Rarity is just so wonderful"



Again Trixie's angry was getting worse "Yeah, if you like pretentious snobs" She spouted out. She then gasped surprised that even come out of her mouth.

'Why I say that? I shouldn't be angry at her but ...it just came out'

Spike was way too high in cloud nine to pay attention to that remark.

"Huh? You said something, Trixie?"

"It wasn't important!" She shouted

"Ookay"

She got up and used her magic to hover the tray with the empty plates.



Trixie had never felt like walking was huge accomplishment until her run-in with the chimera But her was standing on her own and actually moving was really something.

She carried the plates to the kitchen

" Hold on you're supposed to rest," Spike said on the way.

"Come on Spike, this isn't a restaurant the lease I can do is wash the plates. You did slave over this meal."

So after they both cleaned the dishes Trixie suggested that he take some time off from taking care of her for today.

"I need some time to myself if you don't mind Spike, besides there are leftovers in the fridge I'll be fine"

"Ok Trixie if that's what you want"

So off Spike went to have a what he called a 'game night' with Big Mac

As soon he was gone Trixie searched for clues. It is obvious Spike was hiding something, she had to find out what.



So Trixie searched through most the castle. Trixie didn't have to search that much find anything. Which she was glad about because it was easy to get lost here.

In an office room, she found in bills in the trash. Not just any bills, medical bills. Right on the desk there two boxes, in one of the box said valuable gems, the other said worthless.

In the valuable box, there were two big rubies. In other had some labeled some cubic zirconias with teeth marks.

There were invoices listed gem prices and market prices, as well as a list of gems that were sold.

Trixie realized putting two and two together "He giving away his own food to pay for my medical bills"



She sat down and was moved to tears, knowing all too well the importance of food

'No one has ever been so kind'

She then determined to get some money in return.

But then she stopped herself from going out the door

'I don't want anyone to recognize me'



So she ignited her horn, and reversed her color scheme with her magic, meaning her coat was now pale cornflower blue and her mane now a shade of brilliant azure.

Guilt coming to her again as she recalled how she used this trick to humiliate hecklers.

Trixie then spotted a wire coat hanger in the open closet.

She garbed the hanger then remembered that Spike left a toolbox in a nearby bathroom to fix a leaky pipe.

She took a pair of pliers and shaped the hanger into a pair of glasses putting them on her face.



She slipped on a very plain navy blue dress to cover her scars.

Trixie then stepped out of the castle. Not many ponies knew that Trixie was staying castle so there were stares. But as far she was aware not of them recognizes her.

She saw Pinkie Pie leaping all over the place. She tried to avoid her.

Walking briskly Trixie knew from the conversations with Twilight's other friends. That Applejack would be the most logical to ask for extra work. And having worked on a rock farm, she knew an extra pair of hooves was always welcome.

So Trixie after asking the locals she found Sweet Apple Acres

A nearby Applejack saw her. Put out her hoof and said "Welcome to Sweet Apple Acres, name's Apple..."

"Applejack It's me Trixie," she said with a laugh "My great and powerful disguise worked"

Trixie saw a slight eye twitch when she said, there was a flash of anger than sympathy.


"Oh Trixie, good see ya out and about"

"Likewise, Applejack could you use an extra set of hooves? I'm hoping to earn some extra bits"

"But ... um, shouldn't ya rest?"

"Oh I'm going use my awe-inspiring magic to..." Trixie noticed again that eye twitch and then followed by sympathy

'As I thought she letting me get away with it' Trixie thought to herself.

"Do most the work" she finished

"Well okay sugarcube just try not to strain yourself"

So several days passes as Trixie would help out other Twilight's friends for extra bits.

She went under alias Cornflower Brilliance

However, when she worked at Rarity 's shop she does it grudgingly

Remembering her time in the rock farm, Trixie understanding of farm life was that all the family was together.

So it confused her to why AppleJack's parents were nowhere to be seen. But she never asked.

Author's Note:

This story takes place a little after the trip to 'Our town' . Starlight in this AU found a small section of Diamond Dogs in the cave system and has her own paradise there.

Also sorry I hadn't been updating but again I been very busy lately but I will get try to get another ch soon

Also