• Published 29th Feb 2016
  • 3,218 Views, 52 Comments

How do I get you alone? - Phantom Dragon

  • ...
12
 52
 3,218

Ch 2: The Rescue

Trixie was barely breathing, she was bruised, beaten and had fresh claw and bite marks all over her.
Trixie's vision was all blurry. So when Trixie looked in front of her, all she saw was some purple colored blur standing there.

'Is...it...another... monster?'

'...is this... how...it ends?'

'If...I'm going ...down...I'm...I'm taking this thing..' Trixie's thought was interrupted when she coughed out blood.

'...With...me..'

Trixie grunted with all the effort she could muster, her horn flickered, it was ready for one last blast.


Spike turned pale when he saw Trixie, it seemed like she was on the verge of death.

The bite and claw marks that were all over her was oozing actual blood. Spike fought off the urge to throw up when he saw that. He was not ready to see something like this.

Sure, he had seen blood before, but it had only been in fiction. Seeing it in real life was an entirely different experience.

Trixie looked at him with squinted eyes, she let out a bloody cough, then her horn flickered with magic.

"I'm...n..not... going to... let you get ...me that...easily" Trixie managed to say, she sounded as if it toke a lot of effort, just to get one word out of her muzzle.

Spike realized what she meant by that, either she recognized him and thought he was out for revenge, or she thought he was another creature coming after her.

Whatever grievance Spike had, it was not crucial at the moment. She will die if he did not immediately help her.

"Trixie it's okay, I won't hurt you, I am going to get help!" Spike shouted

Although the purple blob sounded like it was underwater, Trixie heard her name and stopped her spell. Trixie then fainted.

Spike wanted to go to the hospital but that would mean he would have to carry her. She was a full grown mare, there was no way he could do that. Even if he somehow managed it, by the time he took her to the hospital, it will be too late.

The only option was to knock on Fluttershy's cottage since they were both very close to it.

Spike pounded on Fluttershy's door "Fluttershy open up, it's me Spike! It's an emergency!"

A very groggy Fluttershy opened the door "Spike, what?..."

"Fluttershy help! It's Trixie she needs help!"

So Spike led Fluttershy to Trixie. when she saw the state Trixie was in, it caused her to almost collapse.

"Please Fluttershy, you just got to help" Spike begged.

"But Spike, I'm not a doctor, I only know how to take care of animals, not ponies"

"I know, but look at her." Spike said pointing at Trixie "she's counting on you, you at lease have some medical know-how, you are the only one close enough to help."

"I...do not know how to help her"

"She is going to... going... to" Spike sniffed he was trying his hardest to keep from crying, but still the tears came.
Fluttershy could tell this was way too much for him. He was trying to hold himself together.

Fluttershy put a hoof around him as a way of comforting him, " Shh, it's okay Spike" Fluttershy said in a motherly tone. "I'll see what I can do, why don't you go to Rarity's house and get help, she lives closest to me."

"But, shouldn't I assisit, I could get supplies for you"

"That's fine Spike I'll get the animals to help me"

"Ok"

So with that, Spike went to Rarity's house, when Spike told Rarity the situation, they ran to the Ponyville Hospital. The hospital used an emergency horse drawn carriage to receive Trixie from Fluttershy's house.


A few minutes later.

Rarity and Fluttershy came to hear what the doctor would say.

The doctor came out of the emergency room. He was the same doctor that toke care of Rainbow Dash when she broke her wing. Spike didn't really know what his name was, so Spike called him Doc.

"So Doc, how is she?" Spike asked.

The doctor considered his words a bit before speaking.

"Young dragon, do you want to leave? This might be too extreme for you." the doctor concernedly stated.

Spike gripped his claws into a fist, he was visibly shaking "N...No...I'm okay jj..just tell me what's wrong with her"

The doctor looked at the mares as a way of nonverbally getting permission from them.

"Spike, I know you are trying to be brave, but you been through a lot tonight. Perhaps it's better if you don't hear this." Fluttershy said

"I quite agree, Spike maybe it would be better if you had a good night's rest" Rarity suggested

"You both think I can get some sleep after this happened? If I go home now, all I'll think about is if she survived or not, all I will see is images of her dying."

Fluttershy gave him a comforting hug

"Then you should write to Twilight to get her here, she could help." Fluttershy said

Spike let out a sigh "I have read enough Daring Do books to know that her adventures are usually off the grid. Even if we could get a letter to her. By the time it gets there, Rainbow Dash and Twilight will get here way too late to help me"

Both Fluttershy and Rarity looked at other for a moment then both said "Ok doctor go ahead" Both of them held onto Spike like they were both trying to protect him.

The Doctor paused for a moment, then nodded his head "She might not make it"