• Published 11th Jun 2012
  • 1,687 Views, 34 Comments

In another dimension - Wonderpony



Filly finds a scroll to an another dimension.

  • ...
1
 34
 1,687

Chapter 2

Twilight had been travelling through the wormhole for what seemed like hours. All she could see was a few blurry unexplainable objects, and bizarre creatures, which seemed like it would be from a fantasy book or something. She could not think, she could barely breathe, and quickly she would pass out.

As she soon was to wake up from what seemed like a nightmare. Twilight finally opened her eyes. Again, her vision was blurry, and she had a hard time focusing what was going on. Though she was able to move her body parts, she would find it difficult to stand up.

With exception that she could barely see or even stand up, she felt no pain anymore, she was worn out, sure. But with what seemed like an eternity of travelling with nothing but blurry visions, and pain extending through her body, she was perfectly fine.

She soon quickly got recovered from her state. Slowly, but without doubt her vision had come to life. The first thing she saw was a solid wooden shelf with a bunch of books in all sorts colors. Twilight slowly moved her small hooves, and was able to carry herself to a standing position.

She looked around the area, only to see the same shelves and parchments from earlier.
Huh? Was this just a dream?

She kept walking around the area until she found no point in progressing any further.
She took a few steps towards the exit until something caught her attention.

Her eyes had widened, she was confused and took a few more steps forward. She now had looked at the same exact door where she entered. That big wooden door from earlier had... disappeared. Instead, there was no door at all. It was just an opening to this room, to this weird library looking... “Wait a minute.” Twilight said quite convinced.

Twilight took a few more steps out of the area. On the way out, she took great glance at the sign.
“Canterlot library?” She spoke rather shocked. “Wasn’t this the old Canterlot archives?” She questioned herself. She sighed, and didn’t really care for the details anymore.

This ‘trip’ kind of seemed pretty pointless. At least, that is what Twilight thought.

“Better find my stupid class before the teacher yells at me again.” She told herself and walked off.

As she walked throughout the castle, Twilight bumped into somepony familiar, well not to her anyway, but to the pony she bumped into. It was a white coated stallion with blue hair and cyan stripe across his mane.

“Hey!” Twilight fell down on her flank with a slight blush of embarrassment and stared up at the stallion. “watch where you are going!” She said quite rudely and stood up.

“Twily?” The stallion gave her a puzzled look at the little filly up close.

“Twily?” She questioned with slight annoyance.

“Who the hay is ‘Twily’? My name is Twilight Sparkle!”

“Sheesh. What’s gotten into you?” He asked quite confused. “I don’t know how you got so small all of a sudden, but don’t you remember me? It’s me, your brother. Shining Armor!”

Wait a minute... when did she get a brother, She didn’t even know she had a sibling. This was definitely quite mysterious to the little filly.

“C-can you say that one more time?” Her voice softened up, and looked at the stallion with delicate eyes.

“Huh? Well... I’m your brother? What’s gotten into you?” The stallion was rather confused, and kept staring at the little filly. “Did you perform some kind of spell or something that turned you back into a filly? I don’t even know we had those kind spells...”

The spell! It all made sense now. The spell she found did in fact work. in fact, it would seem like there is another filly, or mare named Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight smiled cheerfully at the stallion’s remark. She stared up and gave a tender smile before she started to speak.

“Look... Shining Armor was it? I really need to go back to...” She paused, hoping that he would catch what she was trying to hint.

“You are going back to ponyville I would assume?” Shining armor stared just as confused as he was earlier.

“Well, no matter. I should get back to work myself. Talk to you later Twilight.” He left the filly behind as he processed further.

A brother?

She was happy, excited and smiled herself silly. Maybe this was one step ahead to her dream? But even if he was her brother, she couldn’t accept it. It didn’t feel right to take someponies family away from them just like that. All she could do now was to find a way from Canterlot to ponyville.

She teleported a pouch of bit she used carry around.

“Let’s see..” She opened up the pouch, and emptied it’s content.

“10...12...15...20... 30... 32 bits. Only 32 bits?” She sighed quite disappointed.

It was barely enough to shop any groceries back where she was from. But, maybe she could actually use the bits for something afterall?

Twilight walked out of the castle. She looked at her surrounding. Much to her surprise, this city hadn’t changed at all. But, the atmosphere, now that was a different story.

“This place seem so... quiet, and soothing. And the ponies seem to be so friendly.”

This was the Canterlot Twilight wanted to see.

This was the Canterlot Twilight had dreamed of.

She seemed to be in paradise, she felt joy from every corner. Ponies smiling, ponies playing, laughing. beautiful couples of every age and size. And fillies her age playing together. No more would Twilight feel unsafe everywhere she walked.

Everypony she knew was either staring at her as an outcast, or she was ignored.

“No! Focus Twilight.” She shook her head repeatedly as she tried to convince herself away from the distractions.

“I need to get to this stupid train station.” She kept going toward the train station..

Small steps at the time. she advanced towards the train station. She used this opportunity to keep looking around her surroundings. From building to building, pony to pony and everything else this filly could see from close, or a large distance.

Despite the fact how excited this filly was, she was also desperate. She was desperate to find her alternate self, and see the difference between herself and Twilight sparkle from this universe.

Now she had made up her mind. She ran and ran until she arrived to the train station. She looked at the schedule for each train. Her train was just about to arrive. Luck was on her side today. Just a brief minute later, a train with a bunch of carts stopped in the station. Twilight smiled, and began to walk towards the train.

The train to Ponville has arrived. Please mind the gap.

Twilight took one step inside the train, and then another one. She have never been on train before, she had no idea if this would be scary, fun, boring, exciting. But one thing for sure, she was definitely nervous.

Finally, she took her seat about 6 rows from the exit, and sat on the left side of the train near the window.

3 Minutes until departure. I repeat. 3 minutes until departure.

Twilight looked out the window the entire time, she had been thinking if this really was worth it.

Maybe Twilight Sparkle from this universe is a jerk?

Maybe she won’t not accept my visit?

Maybe she would be like the rest? Scold me, punish me and hate me?

Is it really worth it?

She could feel one tear form in her eye socket and let it roll off of her just from the thought of denial.

She shook her head repeatedly, trying to convince herself that everything would be fine.

“Don’t be silly Twilight. How bad can it be?” She asked herself quite nervous.

Soon the train departed from the station. Twilight kept looking out of the window with a bored expression on her face. That was until the train got out of the tunnel. Now, Twilight saw something that actually amazed her. A beautiful view of Canterlot was seen. Twilight kept staring in amazement.

“Miss. Can I see your ticket, please?” A stallion tried to get Twilight’s attention. “Miss?”

Twilight didn’t budge. She kept staring out the window for the longest time.

The stallion poked her back. “Miss. Your ticket please!” With that, Twilight jumped, and hit her head

“Hey! What gives!” She rubs her head trying to relieve her pain.

“Your ticket, please. If you do not have one, you can buy a ticket from me for 25 bits.”

Twilight wasn’t really happy, but she did comply. She teleported her pouch of bits once more, and got out 25 bits.

“12... 14... 16... 18... 21... 23... here. 25 bits.” She gave the stallion his money, and received a ticket in return.

She levitated her ticket up, and made it disappear from her grasp. She leaned her head on the window and yawned. Her eyelids was heavy, and soon she closed her eyes from exhaustion.

----

45 Minutes of good sleep, she woke up, and found herself in the area around ponyville. In fact, she could see the platform from here.

The train will arrive in 3 minutes. Please make sure you got your belongings.

Twilight stood up from her seat, and stood near by the exit. She stood there for about a minute before the train slowed down and eventually stopped near the platform. The door opened up, and Twilight was the first one to get off the train.

“Now to find Twilight Sparkle. or my alternate self.” She mumbled, and ventured forward. Her first stop was sugarcube corner.

“I guess I better ask around...”

The filly opened the door with her lit horn, and walked inside. “Hello? Is anypony here?” She spoke out loud, trying to get anyponies attention.

“Coooming!” A loud pitched voice spoke from upstairs. A pink mare with a curly mane and tail hopped down the stairs happily.

“How can I help you?” She spoke on her way up to the little filly.

“Err... I was wondering if you have seen a pony named-”.

“Twilight!” She hugged the filly tightly and happily.

“I.. C-cant breathe...” She spoke in a tiny cracked up voice.

“Oopsie!” She released her grip.

“Now, how can your bestest best of bestest friend help you!” She blinked repeatedly, and smiled happily

Huh? Friend? This must be one of alternate Twilight’s friend I will suppose?

“Well...”

“And how did you get so small all of a sudden?” She fell on her back and laughed herself silly

“You are like a little filly!”

“Listen, I” Twilight got interrupted once again.

“Hey! I know. We can go and play hide n’ seek! You hide, and I will count to 20!”

“Hey! Listen to me. I-” The pink pony interrupted her once more

“Ooo! Before we start, you MUST try my new cake recipe. I call it... The Pinkie Pie cake bomb. I tasted it, and it was the most yummiest yummy yum cake I have ever made!”

“HEY! LISTEN TO ME!” She yelled out loudly, and angry.

She finally got Pinkie Pie’s attention, and was not able to speak.

“Yeees Twilight?”

I can’t believe this is supposed to be my friend...

“Listen. My name is Twilight Sparkle.”

“Well, duh! Of course. I have known you for a long time already-” This time, Twilight interrupted her

“Allow me to finish!” Twilight cleared her throat before she started to speak once again.

“The Twilight Sparkle you know is not me! I am from an alternate universe.”

The pink pony fell on her back, and laughed herself silly yet again.

“An alternate universe?” She laughed once more before she continued.

“You are such a crack up, Twilight!”

Twilight groaned in annoyance, and didn’t bother anymore with this Pink pony.

She walked out of the Sugarcube Corner

“Better find somepony else which is not as goofy as that nuthead..”

Even though she didn’t get what she wanted, she at least got one thing cleared up: Twilight Sparkle was quite close. Perhaps even closer than she realized