• Published 14th Feb 2016
  • 1,339 Views, 32 Comments

A Nightmarish Revival - TheImperialBrony

  • ...
5
 32
 1,339

Discovery....

"That is one big tree...."

The said tree was massive, made of crystal. There was five gems on each of the biggest branches and a purple star in the middle of the tree. We were so small compared to it. I looked to where the tree roots entered the ground and saw an open plant. I started moving forward but stopped short. It was the same feeling I felt when Fredbear was at the castle steps, but stronger.

Foxy saw me moving and started to follow in turn. He was about to pass me, when I put a hoof out to stop him. He looks up at me tilting his head in confusion. I look down at him. "Don't go close, I know what will happen, but worse...." I warn. Foxy makes a short nod in understanding and looks back to the tree glowing brightly.

"So what now?" he asks without looking at me. "We can't do anything to it as you say."

"For once, I don't know." I reply. I see him furrow his brow.

"Well, if we can't do anything we might as well leave it alone, right?"

I grunt at him. He turns his head at me in confusion.

"Is that a yes or no?" he asks.

"A no."

"Ok....." He looks back to the tree. He turns around and makes his way back to the stairs after observing the tree for a few more minutes. I see him do so and move to follow, but not without giving the tree one last look.

We will meet again I bet....


We returned to the main hall, with the books from before gone. I stood confused. Why were they gone? I look to Foxy who shrugs at me before walking away to another room. I watched him leave before moving to follow.

"Ugh...come on Twi. We have been here so many times I lost count the second time."

I halt in my tracks and listened in to the voice of a child. Perfect way to bring back our fear storage. We thrive on fer to make us stronger. Almost like food. Foxy was long gone, I let him be and moved toward where I heard the voice. I reached the doorway to the library when I heard another voice.

"But Spike, we should not leave a whole library out to rot. So grab as many as we can so we can go. Just like last time." I heard a small groan from the so called 'Spike'.

I peered inside, careful to not make any noise. I spot the two intruders. A purple pony with wings and a horn by the bookshelves, pulling them off and setting them aside. I moved my head more to see the child, a dragon. I look up to see the glass roof, the full moon shining through, lighting up the library, I moved quickly and silently as they moved farther into the room.

Moving my creaking gears in my torn hooves, I snuck up slowly on the dragon, it and the pony was unaware of my presence. I hit a book on the floor creating a solid thump that echoed through the ruins. I let lose a few curses quietly and looked down at the dang thing. I noticed that the sound of them walked had stopped.

I could feel their gaze on me and hear them shaking in fear. Don't ask how I could hear that, I bet it was because of how quiet it got. I had unfurled my wings and hanged them limp by my sides, like I was shut down or something, I made my head look the same.

"Um..." that was the pony I think. "Hello?"

"Twilight....what is that thing?" I heard the other voice.

"Its a...uh....I believe its a pony...It sure looks like one. Somewhat...."

I sensed Twilight move closer to me. "E-excuse me ma'm?" My eyes were open as she leaned down to look at my face. She gasped and scrambled away in fear as I looked at her when she looked at me and noticing my teeth.

I shut my eyes and 'Activated' by raising my head facing them. I heard a thump once I did that. My wings came up as well, extended behind my back, the sharp tips gleaming in the moonlight. I opened my eyes finally, seeing a face-planted Spike, and a shocked Twilight, fear flowing like a flood from her.

I inhaled deeply, emitting a crackling sound as I took in the fear, my jaw opening wide. I closed my eyes briefly and when I opened them again the pony was gone along with the dragon. Looking toward a doorway I saw a dust cloud. I rolled my eyes and moved to catch up with her.

Dang they move fast.

I teleported to in front of her with outstretched forelegs and wings. She shrieked in surprise and turned around back to the library. I moved casually behind her. One: I could just teleport to her with no struggle. And two: That shriek she made probably was heard by Foxy. His hearing is extremely sharp. No clue why it is.

I arrived back in the library to find I was correct about one thing-

Foxy has spectacular hearing.

Foxy had both of them trapped, Spike was awake again and was clinging onto Twilight's hoof and watching Foxy with wide eyes. Twilight on the other hand, was in a fight-or-flight stance. I made my way over to Foxy's side, I bump Foxy lightly, he was still watching them. "So who's your new friends?"

I saw Twilight waver and stare shocked and possibly disgusted at me. I turned to look at her in false offence. "Why you no like my voice? I think its perfect." I moved forward to her lifting a wing to brush against her cheek, she flinched away from it and stared straight into my eyes. I stared back unfazed. I brush the wing-claw back on her cheek, this time she just watched it along with Spike in fear. I come in closer to her ear to whisper into it. "Thank you for the free fear. We really needed it." I smirk at her expression of shock and moved away. I looked at the dragon under her.

I won't lie, he was literally scared shit-less. I nearly burst out laughing at it.

"W-who are you?" Twilight asked me.

I chuckle. "I am called, Nightmare."I move back next to Foxy. I wave a wing-claw to him. "And this is Foxy."

I saw her eyes go wide and her pupils shrink to pinpricks as the realization struck her. She backed away with Spike in tow. "W-wait are you who I think you are?" she asked.

"That I am." Foxy and I followed her into the corner. She was now visibly shaking with fear. I started raising my wings to grab her, (forgot to mention this but my wings are much larger than the normal pony wings) her horn started to glow and she held Spike more closer to her. I chuckled at their acts. "What you going to do little one? Cry to the princesses?" She gasped and her horn glowed even brighter, so much that I was starting to get blinded. "What are doing?" I asked getting very close to reaching her. "Stop! Foxy, get over ere!"

I heard him comply and grunt as he too was blinded. I managed to reach her and swing my wing downward, hoping to deliver a blow-

When they vanished.

The light was gone so we could see that they were not here. I was enraged and so was Foxy. I swung my wings across the tables in the library, knocking off and damaging whatever was on them. All the while yelling and roaring in anger. Foxy just stood, watching me release my feelings. How I could tell, was I saw him there watching me as I smashed a table in half. I was tired when I finished. Foxy came over and put a hoof on my side.

"We'll get one of them someday, not today I guess." I looked down at his split jaw of a filly and into his eyes, he was smaller than me by quite a bit. I nod understanding and looked back down at the ground.

Then, I heard a sound of dripping. I brought my wing-claws up to examine them, to find the one that I swung at her had delivered a blow and was now dripping blood. I smiled as I showed it to Foxy who smiled in turn.

"Got her."

Author's Note:

Sorry about not posting in FOREVER. I wanted to work on it but for some reason my brain said otherwise.
Anyway here's the next chapter.

P.S Voting still going, no Halloween animatronics.