• Published 14th Feb 2016
  • 1,339 Views, 32 Comments

A Nightmarish Revival - TheImperialBrony

  • ...
5
 32
 1,339

In tears....

Third person.


Twilight arrived inside of the castle screaming in pain.

Spike was wide eyed and ran off to find the rest of the Mane six, more or less in fear. Twilight fell over with a cry as the stump of her right foreleg stained the crystal floor. She had raised it defend herself when Nightmare swung at her, the wing-claws cut right through the flesh and bone. Breathing heavily, she looked over to the stump of her foreleg, before her vision started to fall.

Her head lands back on the ground with a thump. Thoughts went zooming through her head as her vision fell even farther into darkness; "Will I make it? Will I live? Will I be crippled for the rest of my life, and lose my friends? Or worse?" She faintly heard a door open and turned her eyes to see her friends rushing to her side, along with Spike.

Her vision was almost gone...

She could feel Fluttershy lifting her head and talking to her, trying to keep her awake. Panic rose on her face as Twilight started to close her eyes. Fluttershy was practically screaming for Twilight to stay awake. But to no avail, Twilight went out like a flame.

Fluttershy burst into tears. Rarity did so in turn, Pinkies mane deflated well before Twilight blanked out, and was in tears. Rainbow was doing her best to not cry but could not hold back at the 10th second, and fell to the ground crying over Twilight, with her blood below her on the floor, coating her cyan blue fur. AJ held her hat down and silently cried.

Fluttershy perked up at the faint sound of labored breathing. She looked at Twilight and saw her sides move up and down slowly. Her eyes widen and she lightly shoves Rainbow to get her attention. Rainbow looks at her with tears still falling down her face.

"She's still alive!" she hollers.

Rainbow blinked in confusion and looked at Twilight. Her eyes slowly widened as she saw her breathing shallow breaths. With a gasp of realization, she started to lift Twilight from where she lay. The others heard Fluttershy's outburst and joined in on helping with Rainbow.

Aj lifted her onto her back with help from Rarity with her magic, Pinkie held Twilight's hoof stump close to slow the blood loss. Rainbow and Fluttershy kept above to make sure she does not fall off AJ's back.

Rainbow opened the doors exiting the castle and helped them down the steps. There were no ponies out that night, it would have been a quiet night if nothing had ever happened.


Twilight's POV


I woke to the sound of steady beeping.

I groaned softly as the light hit my eyes, leaving them unfocused. I could feel a weight on my side and looked over to see Rainbow sleeping there. Turning away from her, I looked at the rest of the room. I was in the Ponyville hospital, and that steady beeping was the heart monitor hooked up to me, as well as a blood bag leading into me. In the corner was the rest of my friends, soundly asleep. A closer look at them all showed that their eyes were red and swollen, like they had been crying.

Why?

I move around lightly and froze as I felt something missing. Moving around some more, I felt the disturbance was on my right hoof, slowly and tenderly, so not to mess with the medical equipment, I raise it to my view. My eyes widen as I saw it. It was only a stump with bandages wrapped around the tip. I raised my left hoof to compare. The right one was gone completely to the knee. I heard hoofsteps outside the door and laid my head back down facing it.

The opened to show a unicorn Nurse. Her eyes widen once she saw me in glee. She rushed to my side, mindful of the sleeping ponies on the floor.

"Princess! You're awake!" she exclaimed. I just simply nodded. "How do you feel?" she asked pulling out a clipboard with a pen in her magic.

I opened my mouth to speak when I heard a commotion outside the open door. The nurse turned to hear as well.

"I demand to see her! I am the princess of the night! I demand you let me pass!"

I smirked at who it was when she entered the doorway.

"Twilight!" Luna exclaimed as she rushed inside. The Nurse quickly moved out of the way to allow the moon princess by. Rainbow was started awake, with a yelp, by Luna's shout and fell onto the floor, bumping her head on the ground right in front of Luna.

Luna side stepped Rainbow and arrived at my side. Worry filled her eyes. "Twilight, I came as soon as I could once I heard about what happened to you. Celestia couldn't make it so I came instead." I smiled once she finished.

"Thank you Luna for coming so soon." I looked down at Rainbow, who was rubbing her head. The rest of them had awoken due to all the commotion that transpired here. "Thank you all for getting me here safely, I knew I could still count on you all."

Rarity spoke up first. "Why would we not help you? You were clearly in pain and was in need of hospital care. All of use helped carry you here." The others nod agreement. "And you gave us quite a scare when we thought you weren't going to wake up

That brings out a smile on my face. Luna speaks up. "What happened?" she asked.

I frowned at the memory. My friends moved closer, eager to hear what happen, I can't fault them for being curious. I told them of my journey in the Everfree and the castle. I was hesitant at first but once I started going I was able to fully tell them what happen. They would gasp at certain parts of when I was in the castle when the thing chased me. Luna would look like she was thinking deeply when I described what it looked like. When I reached the part when it and the other one had us cornered, they were pretty scared. I finished the tale with arriving in the castle and passing out from the pain and blood loss.

They all moved forward and, very gently, hugged me in a group, which I returned the hugs in turn. Luna stood out watching the hugging with a thoughtful look. The nurse was long gone, she left shortly after everypony woke up, shutting the door in kind.

My friends moved away with sad smiles and Luna came forth with a small grin. She looked to the door and then at the floor, clearly thinking more before looking at me again.

"I must return to Canterlot, sorry my time with you was short." she said before turning to leave. Confused I moved to stop her, when she stopped, like sensing my question.

"I am going to meet someone who should know what this beast is who attacked you." she said quietly before leaving us confused slightly.

Author's Note:

Sorry about slow updating. Trying my best.

P.S B-day this month!!!:pinkiehappy: