• Published 11th Feb 2016
  • 1,563 Views, 21 Comments

Equis Saga: Adventures and New Life in Equestria - JeromyTG2



Jyro, a normal 19 year old human, who woke up one day with blurry memories, and found himself in a unknown forest full of strange creatures, danger, and... familiar talking ponies?

  • ...
14
 21
 1,563

Chapter 9: Tough Evening

Author's Note:

Okay guys, I have issues going on here, I have no computer and school just started. Plus, the lack of motivation kills my work. I wish I can be fluent as other authors, so I apologize.

Anyway, enjoy! This is the only one that took my time. Yet, it's cheesy. I can't wait till the action!

Back in the castle, I continued walking down the hall, and pray that I found my way around. I partially remember some of the interiors, but it worries me that some of the halls look identical. It pains me to say, I'm lost. Just as I look for help, I happen to see two guards, guarding in front a large double doorway, which I don't remember what's in there, but it looks familiar though. So, I asked one of the guards.

“Excuse me? Do you know where the Dining Hall is?”

“Right this way, Sir.” he said opening the door behind him.

“Oh… um… thank you, sir.” Well, at least I wasn't that lost. Right?

I walked in and see both Celestia and Luna at their seats waiting for their meals to arrive. And possibly my company as well. They noticed me as I was about to take my seat.

“Hello, Jyro. How was your time in the castle?” asked Celestia.

“Great. I barely know my way around so far, but it's been fine.”

“That’s good to hear. Did you do anything else after you left the library?”

“Well, I did passed by some interiors, looking at windows, and went to the barracks, it has been an interesting experience so far.”

“Well, since you have been to the barracks, did you do something else while you were there?” asked Luna, I then noticed both sisters eyeing me this entire time and giving that look.

“Um… Yeah. I just popped in and say hello to the guards and visit their armory. Why?”

“Oh nothing. Except, we saw you picked on a fight with the Captain of the Royal Guards.” said Celestia.

“What!? No! I didn't pick a fight with him, we were just spar- *!* wait… Were you both… spying on me?” I said in a suspicious tone. This made both of them giggle.

“*giggle* Oh Jyro, we were not actually spying on you.” said Luna.

“*giggle* Yes. We caught sight of you and watched you from our lounge. Did you not see the balcony above the side of the castle?” said Celestia.

“... no. But, you saw the whole thing?” I cringed.

“Yes.” said Celestia. “It was a thrilling and an impressive performance. I see you wanted to put you abilities to the test, to see how strong you have become.”

“And know how to hold back your strength, so you do not severely injure anypony.” said Luna.

“Wow. You both read me like a book.” I said, impressed.

“We always be aware of our subjects, especially those who work close to us.” said Celestia as she winked at me making me confused, “And, nice try trying to wipe off the dirt on your way back.”

“... Dang. It’s like you know.” (I bet she can't read my mind)

“And speaking of that,” said Luna, “We were suggesting for you to have a new attire. Your clothes does not seem… fitting, for your title.”

“What do you mean?” I looked at my clothes, “What's wrong with my clothes?”

“Nothing is wrong with your clothes,” said Celestia, “She is saying that your clothes does not look... formal. To me, it looks too… casual, and sporty, mostly likely for downtime. Since you being Ambassador is close to being royal, I suggest you wear something like it. And, I suggest you do so.”

“... You can't be serious, right?” I said bluntly as Luna gestured her hoof to come closer as I did so.

“You do not want to know when my sister is serious. Trust me, I already know.” she whispered. I looked at, Celestia, not showing any sign of seriousness, she then nodded, knowing she heard what Luna said. (Animal ears maybe?)

“... *sigh* Alright. I'll get myself a suit or something.” I said bluntly. I'm not all into those fancy suits or what nobles wear, but what I've heard, you have to wear it daily, and I don't like that,... at all. They are not comfortable at all, “But, do you know anyone who can fit me up?”

“I suggest you go to Ponyville. I think Twilight has a friend who can help you while you are there.” said Celestia.

“Oh! You mean, Rarity? Yeah, she did make new clothes for me, even the ones I'm wearing now. I guess I can stay over at Twilight's for a while, once I get my suit ready.” (I wouldn't complain to stay over in that cosy little town.)

“Now let me stop you there. Not only you will be staying at Twilight's, I will also be assigning you to stay over at Ponyville in the meantime.”

“Oh. ...What will I be doing there?”

“Nothing much, just spend a week with Twilight,” (... That's it?) “and a week with each of her friends as well.” (Wait… what?)

“... With her… and her friends?” she nodded, as I am trying to figure out what she is saying, “What do you mean by that?”

“You will only be staying at each of Twilight's friends for each week.” (Each… for each week?)

“So… you're saying, not only I stay over at Twilight's,... but, also taking turns to live with one of her friends? Each week?”

“Yes.” she respond.

Well, I don't wanna be a stranger to them, and not be alone all the time… (But it's weird…)

“… Well,... it is an awkward way to get to know them all. But, I'll give it a shot.”

“Wonderful!” this made her happy, and I find this strange.

But I had something in mind…

“On few conditions.” this got her attention, “I need a bigger bed, a larger room, fit for me, and a master bathroom with it. Reason? I don't like walking across the halls if I happen to be wearing only a towel.” (Heh. Let's see if she can handle this kind of dema-)

“Deal.”

“... Wha?”

“When you leave, I will make the preparations to construct a new room and bed just for you. Along with your very own bathroom.” She smiled. I guess, her being Princess in power is too big to install a human size bedroom, huh? (*Facepalm* DUH!)

“... Alright. But, can I ask? Why did you assign me to get to know one of Twilight's friends?”

“In time, I will tell you. Right now, I would like for you to get to know them. Plus, I heard there have been numerous troubles there in Ponyville, according to Twilight's letters she sent me.”

“What kind of trouble?”

“Well, one, a cranky Ursa Minor walked into town causing a mess, but Twilight took care of it and send it back to its cave.”

“Um, what's a,… Ursa Minor?” curious, I asked.

“A giant bear like creature that it's body represents the stars itself.” explained Luna.

“... Oh. That makes sense.” (Hmm… should I ask what a, Ursa Major is? … Probably not…)

“And another fuss,” continued Celestia, “a dragon was snoring smoke all over Ponyville, so Twilight and her friends managed to convince it to move away.” (Convince a dragon? I wonder how that worked…) “And finally, a Parasprite infestation, which I thought they were the most adorable little creatures at first. Instead,” her voice then changed to annoyance, “they turn out to be a real pest! I thought they have set up a little parade for me during my quick visit, until Twilight explained then the whole mess.”

“*whistle~* They have it that bad huh?”

“It would seem so. But, we always count on them if there's any trouble.” Wow. I had no idea how much sacrifice they have made together. Amazing! They really are friends that you can count on. (Hmm… That would be nice.) “You will not be doing this alone, Jyro, you and your new friends will help you alongside, even in greater times.”

“... Right, I'll look forward to it.” I look at Luna, sipping her tea, thinking she’s not part of this conversation, “You’re okay with all of this, Luna?” Luna put a hoof on her lips, nearly choked her tea from the attention.

“*ahem* Um. Yes, yes I am.” she said.

“Okay then.” I shrugged.

“Oh! And one more thing. I have sent a letter to the mayor of Ponyville to set up a town meeting for your arrival as, The First Human Ambassador. The meeting will begin next week, so I suggest you start writing up your speech. Luckily, you'll be with, Twilight, to help you with that.”

My… GOD! How much crap is she trying to throw at me? I woke up in a spooky forest, beat up timberwolves, nearly fall off my seat via air-carriage, and now this? This is day FOUR! And I barely live here! (WHEN CAN I GET A HOME!!!)

(Anyways…)

“So, you just want me to go and say hi to the town and that's it?” I said as I groaned a little.

“Yes. But, I hope you are not giving me an example of how you humans behave.” she said giving a serious look. “And not a lazy race.” as she said that, I felt that she knew how I felt about this, and taking this seriously. (Man! She really does read me like a book!)

She wanted me to set an example how me, a human, to show everyone here on this land what humans are capable of to set a good example in the future. I don't know, but I have forgotten how messed up the society is back then, and how lazy they were, but not all people are. That was back in my world, now, I'm not let that happen again here. Not this time! It will be a tough task of a job, both saving the world and setting a good example for my race. It is a job that I must be willing to take.

I began to right myself and know what I must do, “I will do everything I can to set a good example for you and Equestria.” I said firmly, without complaining.

“Good.” she said returning a smile. (I am SO getting my room here!)

*Doors open*

“Dinner. Is served.” announced Silvermane. He floated and set down two dinner plates with covers on top for both sisters and one for me. He walked up to me and explained what I've been served, “Since your cravings is slightly different to us ponykind, the chef has prepared you a similar dish that is close to ours. May I presents to you… *opens lid* Tomato Soup.” … welp, no meat I guess. But,... that aroma, it smells… familiar.

“Umm… Thank You, Silvermane.” I picked up the spoon as I was about to taste this delicious looking soup, until I looked at the waiter still standing beside me. Staring. “Can I help you?”

“Forgive me, sir. The Chef, is eager to know how you react to his cooking. That is, if you do not mind me getting your answer, if that’s alright with you.” Huh. Never would have thought a chef would be excited to hear me react from someone likes me.

“Well, let's see how this tastes.” resuming to my soup, I gently scoop and blow carefully. As the cooled hot liquid enters my mouth, the taste, the flavor, it is all too real. Memories flash over my eyes, seeing the happiness and love, I began to tear remembering the times. (How close did they make this?)

“Jyro? Are you alright?” asked Luna, seeing that I looked at my soup for a moment, put my hand on my head, begin to sob a little, as she put her hoof on me. Then all of the sudden, “WHAT IS IN HIS BREW!?” she scolded at Silvermane in a high demand voice like how we first met, but her voice hardly made me flinch to even care.

“I-I did not make the soup, your majesty.” he said in fear. “The chef, made this specifically for him.”

WELL, TELL THEE, IF THOU POISONS HIM, WE WILL-

“Wait!” I stopped her with my hand up, “It alright, Luna. I just… had a little trip to memory lane. That's all.” Luna then calmed down a bit, “It reminds me of the home I used to live in, and this soup is… kinda part of it.” I turned to Silvermane, “Thank you, Silvermane. Tell the chef, ‘I love it’.”

“Right away, Sir.” he bowed and left.

Luna was quite unsure of why this soup means so much to me, and not understanding my own personal past.

“... Why does this soup remind you of your home?” asked Luna.

“It's… almost the same recipe that my mother used to make, when I was little. And, I never would have thought this was so close tasting it again.”

“Your mother?”

“Yeah. But, I don't want to talk about it now. Right now, I just want to eat.” I said, wiping my eyes as I resume eating my soup.

It’s been quiet after that, we all resumed eating, and not saying a word.


After we finished, we then head to our bedrooms for the night. The sisters, said their goodnights and I walked back in my room, with nothing else to say, even when I mentioned about my mother. As for now, I shouldn't think about that, I should be thinking about the day I had today. Now thinking back how my day was, it was really interesting, yet I had a fun having my little adventure in the castle. I get examined, learn new spells, visit the barracks, duel against the captain of the Royal Guards, and made a new friend, Shining Armor. It was a pretty fun experience to have a sparring match with him. Then again, I was covered in dirt during that match so I have to wash up after that, and this time, I brought my clothes and underwear with me. I would have told Rarity to make pajamas for me, but… I decided not to. Not the pajama type of guy. Unless it's silk material…

After I finished washing up and dressed comfortably, I decide to stroll around the castle a little. I am now familiar in some areas in the castle, so I can find my way back without getting lost. While strolling, there’s one flight of stairs I haven't stepped up yet, and one hall I have not walked through. This hall somehow looks pretty much identical where my room was, but I see it looks a bit mirrored. Walking down this new corridor, I noticed this one door, a double door, that is slightly open. Specifically, it is an azure and… cornflower (?) door with a white round circle in the middle, making it look like it ripples the two blue colors, and has dark-blue frames with one teal looking gem on top, plus two more on top of each door. Curious, I steadily open the door expecting what's in there, instead I was surprised to see who is in here.

“Oh! Jyro?” it was Luna.

“Oh! Uhh… Hey, Luna. *looking around* Umm… Is this your room?” (OBVIOUSLY!)

Her room is… how do I put it… fitting… for her theme. The entire walls are about the same colors on her door, the only difference is the cobalt colored, ocean waves that is all over the lower walls. The windows have velvet curtains and light drapes, there are also candle looking lights on some corners and one near her bed. But, the most noticeable thing here is her bed, it's a shape of a crescent moon! I don't even want to begin on what's her deal about moons or the night. Then again, the entire layout has a calm peaceful feel in it, like I want to sleep easily in this room.

“Yes. This is my chamber. And what brings you here?” she asks as she sets down her book, which she was apparently reading.

“Oh, I was just walking around, exploring the castle a little. And,... your door was open.” Luna perked up and realized what I said.

“I… see.” she looked away, “Anyway, why are you not in bed? Are you not tired from the day you have had today?” she asks.

“Well... I was, but the thing is, I'm a bit of an insomniac, so I go to sleep a little late. But, sometimes I walk around at night.” this got Luna's interest.

“Oh? And what time do you often sleep?”

“An hour before midnight or later, why?”

“Do you mind, if you… like to have… a walk… with me?” she asked nervously.

“Hmm…” I thought hard about her request, “... Sure. I guess I can have some company, before I start falling asleep.” It doesn't sound too bad to have walk with a beautiful princess, right…?


Walking around the castle with Luna, has been uneventful. Moonlight, illuminating the halls are the only light source shine upon. Never have I wondered, how big and bright the moon is. Completely different than my old home world, yet it's even more beautiful.

“Beautiful night, isn't it?” I said.

“Yes, it is.” said Luna, “Jyro? May I ask, since the first day we met, why did you confront me?” (First time we- oh… that…)

“Um… well,... I mean, what do you mean?” I had trouble finding the words, then I asked.

“No pony has ever confronted or given me such praise like that for the past millennia. I want to know ‘why’, and I am sure you did the same to my sister?”

“Want to know why, huh? Well, one, I haven't done that with your sister yet, as for ‘why’,...” I began to rub my neck of what I am about to tell her, “Well,... this is awkward, I… kinda fantasize, that if there is a, goddess of the moon, seeing how beautiful and tranquil her night is, I would thank her for it, but then… you came along, and there's a resemblance that you… sorta… look like one.” embarrassed, I slowly turn and look at Luna seeing how red her face become and not moving. “Uh. You okay?” she snapped out of her daze.

“*!* Sorry. I is just… I never heard of anypony who appreciates the night so much. Do you think I am a Goddess?”

“Umm… yyyeees.” I said, slowly, “And I think your sister is one too, seeing that you both have the power and control of what you represent.”

“I'm… flattered, Jyro. It is just,... nopony has ever praised that much, before my banishment.” she blushed, “Yet, now, things changed. After my imprisonment and months to catch up, I worry now to who will adore my night?” she sounded sad there. But, I guess that not one being has ever praised her moon so much, it kinda sounded that she is… lonely.

“Heh. Well, you're lucky to have a friend who does.” I then give her a friendly nudge. She then gave me a questioning look, and I realized what I've done. “Oh… I'm sorry. I already know that you've been gone for a millennia, but you're not used to some, modern gesture, I was just-”

“It is alright, Jyro. I never interact in such way, but I will take it as an acceptable manner.” she smiled, “... It is getting late. How about I walk you to your room.”

“... Sure.”


Spending some time with Luna was really nice, and I wouldn't thought walking with the Princess of Night would be pleasant. On our way back, Luna then tells me how sorry she was about how she zapped me with her magic along with her behavior. I forgave her easily, and I told her I was sorry too, that she slipped on the soap I tossed out last night. She forgave me as well, and I began to curse myself internally, carelessly explaining why I threw the soap out. She began to laugh out loud after that, and I grumbled silently from my embarrassment.

As we reached my room, I began to have second thoughts about going to sleep. (Damn my insomniac genes!)

“Is something wrong, Jyro?” Luna asked, seeing that I looked bothered.

“... It's just one of those days that my body decides to stay awake for some reason.” I grumbled, “Possibly, this is just the excitement, from the day I had today.”

“Hmm… How about I put on a temporary sleep spell on you?”

“*!* The what!?”

“It is to put you in deep sleep once it is applied. I have not done it since, long before my banishment. So, I may be a bit rusty about the spell slightly, but if you have second thoughts not trying it, I do not mind-”

“Do it!”

“... W-what?”

I hopped on my so-called-small and uncomfortable-twin-sized bed and ready for Luna’s sleep spell. Just thinking about this made me a bit uneasy. Also, this is the first time I ever been spelled on. Excited, but nervous. (Is there a word for it?)

“Do it. It never hurts to try again that you once used, and all you have to do is remember.” (I see that Luna looks a bit uneasy from my response, I must come up a way to build her confidence.) So,... is this gonna hurt or… ?” I asked nervously.

“N-not in the slightest. Although, I must inform you that I have not done this in the past thousand years, so I am a bit rusty.” she said worried.

“I know, but don't worry, Luna. It doesn't hurt to try, and I know you can do it.” (Ok, I feel a bit scared now)

“How would you know? I have not used this spell for so long.”

“Because,... I believe you can.” I put my hand on her, “Plus, I can somewhat heal, so I'll be okay… maybe.” I muttered.

“... Alright. Let us give this a try. But I must warn you, if it goes wrong-”

“It won't, Luna. Just try to remember.”

“... Okay. Ready?” I nodded as I climbed in my small bed.

“Ugh. When I get back, this bed better be king sized.” Luna rolled her eyes in amusement, she then prepares the spell as she placed her horn gently on my forehead as I feel the tingling sensation through me. After a couple seconds, my eyes became heavy as I suddenly started drifting off. “Oh. So that’s... how it feels like. *Yawn*” I try to stay awake to tell Luna one last thing, “Hey, you… still got it, and I knew… you could do it.” I start fading and fading, “Good… night…, Lun… a...” I said weakly drifting to sleep.


*Luna's POV*


“Goodnight to you too, Jyro. And sweet dreams.” I said as I watched him sleep soundly.

I sometimes wondered how his dreams differ, compared to us ponies, besides talking with that, White Hand being. Maybe, it is best to wait until he has a new bed to sleep on and dream more peacefully. I began to walk out of his chambers, but I then stopped. I looked at the deep sleep human, and thought of his how noble he could be and what can his words of wisdom carry onto us? He encourage us to be strong and not lose hope, even on our troubled times. After all that, he goes back to his cheerful self, and example of today.

Throughout my lifetime, I have never known how this boy became so thoughtful.

There is so much more of what we see in him, yet we also see how much pain he endured in his past, yet he has found a way how to make peace with himself. How does he do it? Even when his friends are distant or far away where he lives. How does this human leave behind his horrid past? Now I am curious and wanting to know, ‘How does he live with himself?’.

“...mmm… mom.”

I stopped, and heard his voice, saying something about his mother, knowing it is indeed a peaceful dream he is having. But I wonder, he spoke about his mother, yet he does not want to speak about it. Maybe one day, we will know his story.

“Sleep peacefully my friend. Until we meet again.” I said quietly as I return to my chambers. I may not be able to see him again for a long while, after what my sister and I have planned, but I will soon see him again. In his dreams.