• Published 11th Feb 2016
  • 1,559 Views, 21 Comments

Equis Saga: Adventures and New Life in Equestria - JeromyTG2



Jyro, a normal 19 year old human, who woke up one day with blurry memories, and found himself in a unknown forest full of strange creatures, danger, and... familiar talking ponies?

  • ...
14
 21
 1,559

Chapter 12: Ponyville Attacked! (Part 2): Fire and Wood

Running around town, finding other remaining ponies, and also checked two out of the three burning buildings that, luckily, no one got caught under. Hopefully, no bodies were buried under the burning rubble. I had to speed up to the next building, yet this one is on fire, yet it looked like it wad burned not too long ago, hopefully I can make it on time, I would really hate to see these, ponies hurt. (Or worse…)

Seeing the last burning building closing in, there is another group of ponies and they are just standing away from the fire. As I got closer, one mare pony is shouting, with tears on her eyes, being held back by both two of the familiar ponies I know, Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle. The mare, keeps on gibbering between her sobbing and shouting, it's hard to know what she is saying. I have a dreaded feeling of what she's talking about, so I had to do something. Skipping the hellos from Twilight and Pinkie, I took the mare away to catch her attention and quickly trying to calm her down.

“*GASP*” she gasped from my sudden appearance.

“Jyro!!! What are you-”

“Ma’am, I need you to calm down and breathe.” I said to her, while avoiding, Twilight’s question.

Now that I got a good look at her, her fur is beige, her hair color is brown with magenta scrunchies on the near end of her mane and tail but damaged, and she has a cutie mark of a baby bottle with a pink heart behind it. By the looks of her, I would say she's definitely a mother figure. (How do I know? I'm not sure…)

“CALM DOWN!? CALM DOWN!?” she shouted, with an angry look and tears, “MY BABY IS UP THERE, TRAPPED IN THE BUILDING, AND YOU. TELL ME. TO CALM DOWN!!” she then starts to cry and losing her wrathful look, “Please… SAVE MY BABY, PLEASE!!!”

*WOOSH*

Lower music a bit.

After hearing that, and without thinking, I dropped the bat, rushed to the burning building, saw a shattered open window, and jumped right in.

“JYRO!!!” I heard both, Twilight and Pinkie Pie, shout my name as I immediately jumped in. It was too late for them, to tell to stop, but I wouldn't bother, either way.

In the building, there is a lot of smoke and MAN IT'S HOT!!! It was stupid of me for not having anything to help me breathe. And, I gotta be extra careful to not get too close to the flames, or else I burn. I use the sleeve from my jacket to cover up most the smoke. It's not helpful, but barely effective for me to breathe.

“WHERE ARE YOU!?” I shout, until one part if the ceiling started to fall, and nearly crushed me, “*cough cough* WHERE ARRRE YOUUUU!!!?” I shouted even louder, hoping the child can hear me. It wouldn't be easier if it was an infant, then I had to be quick.

MOOOOMMYYYY!!” I can barely hear a voice, and it came from upstairs.

*cough cough* I'M COMING!! *cough cough*” I head to the stairs, treading carefully through the fire as quick as I can, but as I reach the stairs, halfway has been blocked. (Damn!)

That is the only path up and I need to hurry and find a way through. I look around the stairs and see there are any safe openings around on the way up. Apparently, I need to manage to scale up and swing on that one lamp hanging in the ceiling. I have one chance to not mess this up, or else I'm done for… I start to prepare myself, and taking advantage of my abilities to get where I need to be. With one gasp of air through my sleeve, I jumped to the end of the railing, balancing myself, then jumped to the open wall, then right at the edge of the second floor, and climbed on the guardrail facing at the end of the stairs. The steps were covered by blazing rubble that will burn me easily if I fall, but the only way to help me get across is that one hanging lamp on the ceiling. I could have gotten over the rails, but the floor has a burning pit, along with burning rubble on one side. I couldn't take a breath to calm and ready myself to jump, I would have gagged by the smoke, but I had to take the risk and jump. As I steady myself, I jumped lightly enough for the distance, grabbed the lamp to swing, and- *CRACK* -immediately let go and landed safely on the floor! I looked back real quick and see the lamp along with the ceiling collapsed. That would've been bad if I held on too long. Now that I am on the second floor, I'm back on saving that child.

“HELLOOOO!!!” I shout, “*cough cough* ARE YOU HERE!?” hoping the child is still alive and can scream at least one more time.

MOOOOMMYYYYY!!” I hear its voice again, and it's close.

The voice came from behind the door, right next to the burning rubble I saw earlier. The worse part is, the door is on fire. I can't seem to get close to the door while it's covered in blaze, let alone try to kick it, and it gets hotter the closer I get, and if I do manage to kick it down, I might burn the room and possibly hit the child, so that's not the plan. (Come on! Think! How do I get through? It's not like I can rip the door out without touching it!)


...



(JYRO, YOU F***ING IDIOT!!!)

My old habit of being normal is still a part of me, sure I have strength and stamina, but the most important ability I received coming here, is FREAKING MAGIC! Remembering how the spell works, I focus on the door to try to grasp it using one hand, but the heat and smoke breaks my focus and I gagged.

(*COUGH COUGH* Dammit! I need to get through!)

With much strength I have left and sucking up the last bit of air through my sleeve, I focused on the blazing door once more, now using both my hands to focus. It felt like minutes has passed, but then, the door glowed in green mixed with the flame’s color, I muster as much air I have left and yanked the burning door out from my magical grasp! Doing that almost hit me as it flew over me, but seeing the removed door tumbled down the stairs, and is now blocking the stairs at its unfortunate place now standing between the steps and the second floor. Back to focusing the child, the room inside is indeed for kids, and the way is colored and some layout around it, is practically for boys. (So, it's a young colt then…) So far this room has a few less fire than some on the way up, and around some corners are not burned yet.

“HEL- *COUGH COUGH* HELLO!! ARE YOU HERE!? *COUGH COUGH*” I called again, hoping the colt is still breathing.



….



(Come on!)



….



“MOOOOOMMYYYY!!”

He's close! And it came from the closet at the corner of the room and it's not yet on fire! I quickly walked across the room while avoiding getting burned, I reached the door, carefully open it, and inside is a young brown and orange mane colt all curled up in fear.

“Hey! It's okay! I'm here!” I try to reach out, but he stepped back further, I have to try and talk carefully for him to calm, “Hey, don’t be afraid. I'm a friend of your mother, and she told me to help you get out. She's waiting for you.” hopefully that talk some sense to him so he come out. He slowly walked towards me, until fate decide to ruin it, *CRACK* *SMASH!!!* the ceiling crashed down where the door is and it scared the poor colt even more!

“No! I'm scared! MOMMY!” shout the colt. I'm running out of time, in any minute, the whole house will collapse and burn.

(Come on, think! I need to motivate him somehow. Rrgh, the jacket I have on is killing me! How am I supposed to think when thi- !)

I quickly take off my jacket and come up with something that will help him come out.

“Hey, I got something for you to borrow, and it helped me get through this place.” the colt peeked out and sees my jacket, I could see he didn't believe me, “I know what you're thinking, but this is a special jacket is made for the ones who are strong, and look!” I showed him the backside.



“This symbol, it symbolizes those who have been chosen to become great warriors, and be one of the bravest and daring heroes ever! They sacrifice every inch of their being with many challenges they have faced, almost all have traveled through over seas, mountains, the sky, the burning depths of the Earth, and beyond the heavens! When these heroes come together, they become the most unstoppable force, not even an army can take them down! I should know 'cause I was there, I saw it all, and one day I wanted to be just… like… them.” okay, maybe some of that is a lie, except for the last part.

Wait. Wasn't this like the fantasy dream I've had a long time ago? It's been years, but how did it come to this? My abilities, Master Hand, saving the world from an oncoming force that will one day come? It all adds up. It's a beginning! A beginning of a hero who will save and protect the world he lives in now. It's funny that I am a part of some story, with a dark past, bad life to new life, this all means one thing...

“Really!? They sound so cool!” he bought it! And surprisingly, he looked excited to hear that. Maybe I could tell more stories for him someday. “And you're one of them!?”

“Umm… Yeah. Yeah, I am.” wow, I’m starting to think and should say ‘thank you’ to, Master Hand. A dream come true! (LITERALLY!!!)

*CREEEAK*

“Uh-oh.” the house began to creak and the flames have gotten closer, “Alright, hurry and let me cover you up!”

“Um. Are you sure mister?” he hesitated.

“Don’t worry, you’ll be fine! I got you!” so then, I put him on the jacket and it covered him completely, and curled him into my arms. Now with the colt in my arms, I then began to wonder how will I get out.

*BOOM* *RUMBLE* *CREEEAK*

In an instant, I hear something explode somewhere downstairs and the house began to rumble. Finding a way out in panic, all there is left is a window that leads outside at the front, but with no options left, there is only one thing to do…

(I have to jump out, do I?)



*CREEAK*



(Ohhh this is gonna hurt...)





*BOOOM*


Twilight’s POV:

(5 minutes ago)

What in Celestia’s name is he thinking! It was absolutely foolish of him to just jump in the burning building, and without anything to help him breathe through smoke! He has been here for a week, he's already killing himself, and we barely get to know him. This doesn't compare to how he dealt with the wolves and saving me, but a burning building? You have to be sompony crazily brave to do that! He's way worse than Rainbow Dash doing something like this! (No offense) Me and Pinkie we're in the middle of gathering ponies to evacuate, until we reached the building, but this pony had escaped her house and accidentally left her colt inside. She told me that she ‘told her son to hide during the attack until the wolves came crashing in while they were hiding, waiting to think the wolves are gone, and then the house started burning when she came out of hiding,’ it was just moments ago. Now that the fire has reached over the roof and started burning from the inside.

“Please let my baby be okay. Please let my baby be okay...” said the mother while sobbing and quivering.

“It will be alright ma’am. I'm not sure how he will manage, he will get your foal back.” I said softly.

“He's a young colt now, and who knows how scared he is now. I can already tell he is calling for me.” sobbing even more me and Pinkie try to comfort her and hope for, Jyro.

(Please be alright...)

"*GASP*" Pinkie gasped.

“What is it Pinkie?”

“TWITCHY TAIL!”


*BOOOOM*


“NOOOOOOO!!!” screamed the mother as the explosion of the house that also made us scream.

(NO!)

“MOVE!!!” shouted Pinkie, while she was moving us out of the way for some reason.


*BOOOOM* *SHATTER*


The house exploded again and now collapsed into it's now burning rubble. When that explosion happen I saw something flew out of the window. It could have hit us right where we stood, but how did Pinkie know? Wanting to see what was about to hit us, but it was actually, who. My eyes widened to see who jumped out of the building and landed here. Impressively, he jumped at a good distance, but he also carried something in his arms.

“*groan* ...man. That really hurt… *cough cough*” it was, Jyro, now all cut and burned from that escape.

“JYRO!” I rushed to him, “Jyro, are you alright!?”

“*gurk* Hold on.” he said while checking something in his jacket, and I believe I know what, “*phew* Yeah. I'm okay.” he said smiling.

I was shocked to see him now standing up and walk after what happened, leaving me with questions I want to ask. I'll begin to do that when this is all over. He walked up to the mare, still in tears, and looked at him. She sees the wrapped jacket, as he unwrapped slowly. I can hear her mumbling, saying something that she thought it would be much worse. As it fully opened, a young colt, fully unscathed, saw her mother.

“MOMMY!”

“BUTTON!”

The colt jumped out of his arms and into his mother's embrace in relief. Seeing this made other ponies cheer for this moment. I was so worried for both Jyro and the colt named, Button, were both safe. It actually made me tear a little. Turning back to the human, he is now sitting down with his head hanging back. He is pretty exhausted for saving the colt and I… no, we appreciate for him doing this for our sake.


Jyro’s POV:

Man! I never thought that I would pull it off! Now I know how firemen do their jobs in action, and man it suuucked. I don't mean to brag, but I went through that without a bunker gear, and jumped off the window. I'm now officially a badass, and I'm proud of it. Even so I get cuts, bruise, and burns, but I guess that why I'm here for. (Thank goodness for the endurance...)

“You did good.” said Twilight, behind me.

“It was painful, but yeah. I didn't mean to scare you all, seeing me jump in the building like that.”

“That was pretty reckless of you, you could hardly breathe in there with all that smoke.”

“*sigh* I know, but I had to cut time like that if that building would've collapsed sooner.”

“But still, you hurt yourself by doing it.”

“... And I enjoyed it.” I looked at her and smiled.

“... That's not funny.” she said in a stern tone as I chuckled. I can tell she was worried by the look of her face, which is somewhat adorable. And as for the pain, I had to laugh it off.

“JYRO! I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE OK-HA-HA-HAAAY!” cried Pinkie, with tears coming out like a fountain, now giving me a bone crushing hug.

“*Urk* I'm okay Pinkie, but can you loosen your a bit more? You're choking me.” I said as she let go giving a sheepish smile with tears in her eyes.

"Sorry...*sniff*"

“Excuse me, sir.” I looked up and see both the mother and the colt, “Thank you, for saving my Button. I'm not sure how will I ever repay you.” the mother said.

“No, just be glad that you're both safe, that's all it matters.” she smiled and walked back to the group of ponies.

“JYRO!” someone shouted, as I see who it is, it was Rainbow Dash.

“Rainbow Dash? What are you doing here? I thought I told you-”

“They got Rarity! Along with other ponies!” she interrupted as both Twilight and Pinkie both gasped with this sudden news, my eyes widened by hearing it, “I saw some Timberwolves going into the Everfree Forest, while carrying some ponies. I was able to track them on air and I know where they are. But don't worry, so far the ponies are not hurt.” That has some relief that some of them are safe, but still, I have to save them. I stood up, shaking off some of the pain I received, put on my jacket, and grabbed the bat I dropped behind.

“Where are they now?” I said to Rainbow, as she wide eyed now getting a good look at me in burns and cuts.

“WHOA! What happened to you!? And what did I miss?”

“Focus, Rainbow!”

“*!* Sorry. They're somewhere in the Everfree Forest! Follow me!” as we were getting ready to zoom off, I was yanked back by the hood of my jacket, and see Twilight who was holding me in her magical grasp.

“YOU, have done enough!” wow, I never saw her this serious and yet, yet a little more adorable, “Look at you! You are covered in cuts and burns, and all you are about to do is get yourself hurt even more!? I don't think so! You've barely lived here for a week and we barely even get to know you! And yet you get yourself hurt even more! Why do you keep fighting for us, even though we're different!?”

That was actually a good question. I never really give much thought for who I would be fighting for, now that I am in a different world. But during my time here, everyone,... or everpony in their case, gave so much care for me, they even throw a party for my welcome by showing acceptance that difference can be alike. I guess the comparison between human and ponies here, are not so different.

“Why?...”

Stop sound here.

Twilight’s POV:

I wait for his answer to know why he wanted help us, and what drives him to sacrifice his own body for our safety.

“For three reasons.” he said, holding up three of his hand digits, “One, even we are different species, I care deeply for all your safety, two, I will take any punishment for your own sake that many of you don't deserve, and three, I have lost a friend once and I am not going to lose another.”

He lost a friend? How? It might have happened before he arrived here. But, despite him being reckless, he really does care for us, even though were different. He is determined to keep us safe even it kills him, for our sake. He,... reminds me of a few ponies I know, and it's funny how much he resembles.

“Ready, Rainbow?” he asked, Rainbow Dash.

“Yeah! Try to keep up while you can.”

“Heh. I will.”

“But this time, I'm coming too. Somepony has gotta have your back!” she said while punching in the air.

“... You sure you can take care of yourself? We are up against a pack.”

“Heh, don't worry, I not gonna let those twig heads get a bite out of me!”

“Just be careful you two,” I said to them, “once we get these ponies out of here, then we'll go find you.”

“Will do. Just be careful, and there is a perimeter just close to the train station.” I nod, confirming where I can get the ponies to safety.

“Ready, Rainbow?” he asked with a bat to his shoulder.

“Ready!”

“Let's go!”

After that, they both zoomed to the forest, hoping for their safety and return. I must say, Jyro’s run speed could almost catch up to Rainbow’s flight speed, he could rival almost anypony who’s fast on land. It's quite impressive. But enough of that, we got to get these ponies out of town, before any more Timberwolves come. I could handle a few, but I have a limit to hold them back.

“Twilight?” asked Pinkie, worried.

“Yes, Pinkie?”

“I'm worried about, Jyro and Rainbow Dash.”

“... It will be alright, Pinkie. Since Rainbow is with him, I'm sure they will hold out.”

“Yeah, but, I'm more worried about, Jyro. What if he gets hurt more than, Rainbow?” I look at Pinkie, then looked back to where the two have gone.

“I don't know, Pinkie. It's best not to think about it…”

(Hold on you two, we’ll be on our way to help…)


Jyro’s POV:

Me and Rainbow are now heading to the specific path of the forest. I kind fell a bit uneasy since the last time I've been here, no thanks to those Timberwolves. But, I couldn't let that distract me now, there are ponies in trouble, along with a friend. Hopefully as we get there, they are at least okay. It's been a few minutes since we've entered, and I'm not sure if we're getting close.

“*pant* How much further, Rainbow?” I asked, while still running.

“... We're almost there, it's just past those trees and- GAH!” I yanked her down by the tail, and got both of us to cover.

“WHAT WAS THA-”

“SHHH! The last thing we want is to get mauled and shredded by a pack of Timberwolves, if we just go head on!” I whispered, Rainbow Dash knowing she might jump in and get herself killed. “If you would think smart, you need to sneak up to see what they are planning, find a way to grab the remaining ponies out, then give them the element of surprise!”

“... Sounds a bit boring, but I see your point. What's the plan?”

“Okay. Here's what we're gonna do..."



10 minuites later:



This has gotta be the most stupidest, yet heroic plan I have ever made. For the sake of those ponies safety, I am the one who has to be bait, and Rainbow Dash's job is to sneak them out while the timberwolves are distracted. As we got closer to our location, where Rainbow last saw them, there is a large open field and large number of wolves are roaming around the field, surrounding our target. Quietly, I tell Rainbow Dash to sneak around the field as quiet as possible, as I give myself away. When Rainbow is in position, it's time to move in. As I begin to walk closer to the fields, the wolves began to notice my presence and stopped.


*!*

*GRRRR*


All wolves have their attention on me, and slowly stalking towards me. They are so many of them, and many different sizes, making me shake even more. Luckily, I caught a glimpse of last remaining ponies between the view, and also Rarity, who is apparently holding a little white filly in her arms... or forelegs. Apparently, it's her sister that I have meet a few days back with the other fillies who were with her. Backing up slowly and losing view, I saw Rainbow in the air quickly flying to them without making much noise, and have them to sneak out. They slowly and quietly begin to move out, following Rainbow as quietly as possible, until...


*snap*


... a twig being stepped on by someone in the group, and they, including Rainbow, all froze.


Keep playing the music!

3rd person POV:

Jyro heard the snap of a twig echoing the area, and caught two or three wolves attention. Gleaming, fearful, monstrous eyes stared at the ponies, all shivering in fear, as Rainbow Dash stood in front of them, guarding for their safety. Seconds have passed looking at each other whether who strikes first, and Jyro was about to engage when the wolves are about to attack them. Then another growl echoed the air, it sounded a lot deeper than the wolves that are standing now, but to both human and ponies surprise, the wolves who were looking at the group turned away and faced the human. They were both pretty surprised from their behavior, but the real reason was that loud deep growl they hear, that was apparently giving them orders. The human had no idea what the wolves want, they did not atrack the group of ponies, but only focusing on him. If he was so sure, it is him they want.

"Rainbow! Get the ponies out of here! NOW!" Jyro said to Rainbow Dash, as the wolves begin to snarl at him.

"WHAT!? NO WAY! I'M NOT GONNA-"

"JUST GO!!!" He shouted back, as the wolves begin to snarl even louder.

Rainbow cursed herself for not having his back now, but it was not her priority, she has to get the remaining ponies and Rarity all safe away from the Timberwolves. So both her and the group ran through the forest to escape and find help. Minutes have passed, and so, the ponies are safely out of the Everfree, and Rainbow told the other ponies where they can get help. After she instructed where to go, Rainbow had other ideas.

"Rarity! I'm going back in to help, Jyro. Take these ponies to the train station there should be help there." Said Rainbow Dash.

"What!? Rainbow, you can't! We need to go find the rest of our friends!" Said Rarity, holding her sister.

"Ugh! This is hopeless! I can't just leave him there and wait for- OH! There they are now!" Rainbow sees the rest of her friends now running to meet her and Rarity.

"Rarity!" Fluttershy jumped and hugged the white mare in tears, "Oh Rarity! I'm so glad your safe, and I'm so sorry for leaving you!"

"It's alright, darling. This type of mission wasn't your element, so I understand." she said as she pat her head, "And, it wasn't your entirely to blame, I lost track of my little sister, and so I got caught. Speaking of, are you alright, Sweetie Belle?" she said and turned to her sister.

"Yeah. I'm fine... I shouldn't have left your side like that, Rarity. I got scared and that was the reason why we all got caught." said Sweetie Belle in a glum mood, "I'm sorry..."

"*sigh* It is alright, Sweetie Belle. And it shouldn't be your fault since I am the one protecting you. We may get caught but now we are safe thanks to our new friend, Jyro."

"Speaking of, Jyro!" shouted Rainbow Dash, "We need to go help him NOW!"

"Okay Rainbow, now that we're all here, you can take us to where he is." said Twilight Sparkle.

"Sure! Follow me-"


*BOOM* *RUMBLE*


A loud boom echoed through the Everfree Forest, loud enough for the girls to hear and also felt the ground shake a bit.

"Did y'all hear that?" said Applejack.

"Yeah, and that ticklish feeling in the ground?" said Pinkie Pie.

"I think it came from..."

They all looked into the forest and now thinking in whatever different mind are in each of the girls thought and what has happen to their new friend.

"Oh no..." muttered Twilight, now even more worried what could have happened to him.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the cliffhanger guys, I'm trying to make a limit to my story here, but please don't dislike because of it. I know I hate cliffhangers, but I don't whine.

Hope you enjoyed! Stay tuned!