• Published 11th Feb 2016
  • 1,547 Views, 21 Comments

Equis Saga: Adventures and New Life in Equestria - JeromyTG2



Jyro, a normal 19 year old human, who woke up one day with blurry memories, and found himself in a unknown forest full of strange creatures, danger, and... familiar talking ponies?

  • ...
14
 21
 1,547

Chapter 10: Up and Out [Edited]

Author's Note:

Hey guys! I finally have my own laptop and I'm happy with it! I finished this chapter sooner than I expected and hopefully it came out well. Plus, I just started working on chapter 11 and it may take a while since I'm in school. Just wait a bit so I can get it done. Thank you, and enjoy!

I… feel… GREAT! Sorta… That sleep spell really did the trick, and I feel like jumping around now that I'm awake! But, my body does tell me that I am in pain and telling me to, ‘GET A BIGGER BED!’. As I get up and have a few loud cracks around my bedsore joints, I stepped out on the balcony to gaze upon the view and breath fresh morning air. I'm never gonna get tired of this, I can do this every morning, unless I get a bigger bed. After a few minutes, I hear a knock behind the door.


*KNOCK, KNOCK*


“... Who is it?” I called out.

“Good morning, Ambassador, Sir! By the Princess, she informs me to tell you to get ready, then I escort you to the main hall and meet her.” said the guard.

“... Give me a moment to get ready, and I’ll head down there.” I replied.

“Yes, Sir!”

After stretching, washing up, and getting dressed, I begin to pack my stuff to head out… again… (Ugh! Can't I just stay in one living after I'm done with this crap!?) … I just hate moving, especially now, I keep moving from one house to another everyday! But, I'm glad this doesn't involve moving furniture. I put on my jacket, grabbed my saddlebag, and now following a royal guard to head down to the main halls where the two sisters should meet. While walking down, my mind thought of something, since I'm in a castle, why not I whistle a particular tune?

Never would I imagine, spending the entire day in the castle could feel so new, that's one scratched off my bucket list. Looking down the window halls now, it is a very pleasant morning and the view is wonderful. Warm, bright, calm, that is how much I can describe compare to the world I left behind. Reaching the halls, I see Celestia waiting patiently, until she noticed me and the guard coming.

The guard that escort me salute to the Princess, and was dismissed to his other duties, “Good morning, Jyro.” she said warmly, “Did you sleep well?”

“Uh, sorta. The sleep was great, but my joints are killing me.” I said, while massaging my aching joints.

“Oh you poor thing. Don't worry, once you finish your stay, you will be sleeping on a much larger and comfortable bed.”

“Thank you, Celestia. So, where's Luna? Isn't she suppose to be here?”

“I'm afraid not. She has been awake for two days without sleep, since you arrived here. I may have not told you, but Luna is mostly active during the evening's. Rarely she sleeps in the entire night. So, that is why she is staying in for now.”

“Oh.” this struck me with guilt, hard, “I had no idea, but it makes sense being Princess of the Night and all.”

“Yes. But, before she slept, she said, ‘farewell’ before you leave.”

“Hmm. Well, then tell her I said, ‘Thank you for everything yesterday, and hope to see you again.’”

“I will, as soon as she wakes.” she nod.

“Great! So, when do I leave? Do I have to ride on that chariot again?” I said weary.

“No. This time, you will be traveling back to Ponyville on a different vessel, since the first time you arrived here was a… bit of a risk.”

“A bit?” I said dryly as she winced, “Okay, so? What will I travel on then?”

“You will see. I'll walk you there and explain a few things.” We then headed out to my transporter, who or whatever it may be. “Care for a muffin, as a quick breakfast?” she levitate a muffin from behind and offered me.

“...What? No fancy breakfast today?” I asked taking the muffin.

“Well, I am in a bit of a rush for my daily court duties I have, so that is why I can not take any delays to help you get started.”

“Riiight.” I took a bite of the muffin Celestia gave me, and… “Oh! Blueberry! And it's good!”

“Yes. It is from a local Mailpony from, Ponyville, who brought in a basket full of them to share every time she visits. I had one myself, so I also decide to picked one for you as well. I want you to enjoy what we have to offer here in, Equestria.”

“I already have. While I was in Ponyville, I passed by at Sugarcube Corner, where one of Twilight's friends work. Um, Pinkie Pie I presume? She offered me one of her cupcakes and boy it was delicious. Have you meet her though?”

“I have meet her once before, and Twilight mentioned her a few times in her letters. She is a... friendly fellow.”

“*chuckle* Yeah! She’s really jumpy, and I should tell you, she can really put a smile on your face when you see one of her little… antics.”

“Really? Well, hope to meet her and get to know her someday, along with Twilight's other friends. Hopefully I can arrange my schedule until I make the time. And maybe have a brunch at Sugarcube Corner.”

“Sounds good.”

We are already walking outside and I already noticed that there are numerous of guards, lined up at our sides, holding up, what appears to be, long vertical banners. I figured, they made an effort to not reveal me in front of the locals, and I can hear their voices faintly on the other side.

Surprised and turning to her slowly, I asked, “Um, Celestia?”

“Yes?”

“Can you explain why so many guards here?” I pointed at the line of guards, with a thumb.

“Hm?... Oh! You see Jyro, I have seen and met some of the locals here in Canterlot, and I think it is best that we don't startle anypony from a being who came from another world or universe that may call you an alien or a monster.”

“Oh. So,... when will they know, that I'll be working and maybe living under your wing?”

“Hmm…” Celestia thought hard, then… “I know! Why not we introduce you in this year's, Grand Galloping Gala?” I blinked.

“.......The huh?” I asked tilting my head at one side.

She then explained it to me what it is, and it is mostly just like any royal ball, but this only happens annually from the completion of Canterlot. Also, it is mostly for high-class attendees, but for those who received a ticket will go in and enter, no matter who I guess. After a few minutes of a small history lesson, we arrive at a train station, I'm surprise that these ponies are capable to some technology, but what really caught me off, is that I'm a bit stunned of what I'm seeing now.

“Umm… is… that a… train?”

“Yes. This is, The Friendship Express, you will be taking this train on your way back to Ponyville.”

I'm not sure I can detail as much, the train I'll be riding looks… original… -ish. But, the colors and to my own sight looks like a children toy set from a TV series. But,... girly… -ish? (So, what-kinda-vendish is it?) And, really? 'The Friendship Express'?

“I have to ride that?” I said sourly and uneasy, pointing a thumb at it.

She looked at me and arched her brow, “You are not afraid of trains, are you?”

“No. It's just…” I hesitated, then shook my head not to answer, “Nevermind. I'm actually looking forward to it. I've never ridden on a train before, so, this is my first!”

“Is that so? Well, I hope you enjoy your ride.” she said as I'm about to climb aboard, “Oh! Before you leave,” she stopped me, “I have already sent a letter to Twilight, about you returning and about the assignment for both you, Twilight, and her friends. And, your town greeting will be scheduled some time next week.”

“Understood. And, maybe I can buy you a cake at Sugarcube Corner when I come ba- wait…” (Buy? Buy with what?) I checked my pockets and notice something missing, NO CASH!!! “Shoot! I don't have anything on me to afford!” I said in realization.

“Oh! That also reminds me.*ahem!*” she signaled a guard over, carrying a brown sack on his mouth then… mouth-ed/handed… to me? I should probably just say ‘handed’ instead. “I am well aware that you don't know our lands currency, and you would be interested into some merchants, or you would try some place to eat. But, I am sure these bits will be enough for your stay in Ponyville.”

“Um. Thanks.” the sack is about the size of a plastic shopping bag at a grocery store, and it looks about half filled with something. I look inside and-

WOW!

Just shouting this loud startled the Princess and some guards, I was pretty surprised and shocked of what's in the sack, and it a bag of coins. GOLD COINS! JEEZ! I feel like a kid again, thinking this sack is filled with tokens like I won a contest or something. I would stay in arcades till next week!

“Oh man! I mean, thank you, but, are you sure you are giving me this much? I could buy a two story house, with a pool, and a water slide!” I could hear some guards snickering a little just hearing that. They all try to keep a straight face, but Celestia just failed holding laughter.

“You won't buy a house that easy, Jyro.” she said trying to suppress her laughter, “These bits are only enough for you to last at least a month.”

“Ohhhh... So you're saying… one coin can only get me an apple or something?” she nodded, “Huh. And here I thought I would buy a big house. But, if I were to bring this bag of gold back at my world, not only I would buy a house, but also a yacht!”

“Um. What is a… yacht?” she asked clueless.

“A super expensive boat house.” I then tell her about the bits, “So, this is only enough for a month?” she nodded, “But, why give me this many? I haven't started working for being Ambassador yet, and being part of… um… what am I working for again?” I asked.

“Equestria World Representatives.” she said calmly.

“Oh. That.” … wait, “Wait. Eques-”


*CHOO-CHOO*


“I think we wasted enough time. If you want to ask more questions, the pony inside will gladly answer. Now off you go.” she shoved me inside in one of the train cars. “And we will see you again soon at the Galla. Goodbye!”

“Wait! Who is-”


*Door shut*

The train I'm in had already began to depart slowly as I looked out the window seeing her waving calmly as I waved back. I guess I went overboard by talking too much. She has royal duties and all. I walked in carefully, since the train is already moving, and the interior looks pretty normal looking. Divided seats, arch-shaped windows, and some vintage looking lanterns hanging on each side. At least the inside is not as vibrant than the outside, bright colors don't fit in at all.

“So. You are the, ‘soon to be Ambassador’, I presume?” the voice snapped my observance and see who spoke.

“Um, yes?” the pony who spoke, looked older than most ponies, not as old as Applejack’s granny, but she appears to be in the middle ages.

Her voice sounded like one of the English folks back in my world, She is a light-grey unicorn, her mane is long tied to a single bun, and both shading from black to silver at the end. She wears what appears to be some made out uniform in business, and her expression looks serious, saying ‘you do not want to mess with me’.

“I see the Princess is quite fond of you. Though, you seemed a bit uneasy now that I look at you. Have you been in Equestria for some time?”

“Um. Not really. I've been here for five days. I think.”

“I see.” she got up from her seat and walked towards me, “I am Silver Shade, I represent Princess Celestia’s secretary and security. I am also as one of the members of, Equestria World Representatives.”

“Oh! I'm Jyro Gunner, the Human. It is an honor seeing and meeting you, mam’.” I offered a handshake to her, she seemed hesitant and unfamiliar from my gesture, but she did so.

“Likewise. So, you are the one who has been brought here to protect Equestria from evil?”

“Um. Yes. How did you-”

“I had an audience with the Princess, and how she explained everything is quite a lot to take in. The cross dimensions, magic gone weak, seals that keep evil imprisoned will soon break? This is too much for me to bear, I would be overwhelmed if things get any worse.”

“...Yeah. But, don’t you think just saying that might jinx your prediction, Mam? I sometimes seen that happen often.” (Please, don't let that happen)

“You… might be right there, my apologies. I have never been this fiddled ever since. Anyhow, I have some means to discuss with you.”

“O-kay. What is it?”

The Minister discussed some things with me, and more importantly, I did not know there was a contract to sign for this. (Hey! I'm no expert in this whole Foreign Relations thing, doesn't mean I don't understand this) It makes sense for an outsider to be in a peaceful alliance for other countries, if they are not threatening. I pretty much agree their policies, know them first then decide. It’s been quite some time discussing with me and some other business, I even lost track of time. I noticed that we went in a tunnel that goes through the mountains. After our discussion with business is over, we then switch to things that are off topic.

“I have also heard you dueled against the captain of the royal guards. Why did that happen?” she asked.

“Well, it was suppose to be a friendly exhibition, and I wanted to test out my new abilities, so no one got hurt during the fight, except when I ran onto a pole at a speed I'm not familiar yet.”

“What do you mean, ‘abilities’?” she arched her brow.

“Well, since the first day I arrived here, my body began to get stronger. To me the gravity seems weaker, I happen to cast out magic which us humans don't have to begin with, and out of all I can regenerate. Like I could get cut up and heal after that.” Silver Shade seemed surprise about what I am capable of, yet she seemed a bit weary how I see.

“I… see. That explains how you saved Miss Sparkle at the Everfree. It takes a lot of courage and strength to step in and face a pack of Timberwolves by yourself.”

“Well, I couldn't just sit idly by and let something happen to her. Plus, I owe her a lot for carrying me to a hospital.” I then look out the window and see the view of the land.

“Hmm. Well, I admire your bravery, still I would advise you that this is also a business manner that we must discuss. Not only you are the first human to arrive here, but Equestria must know if there may be any more that will arrive, Celestia knows when. You alone, must explain how you humans seem fit to our nation, whether you're friend or foe. We don't want any expectations of how you might go against our regulations and to start a war by any unknown reason, and I pray it will never happen.”

“... smoke.”

“Yes, warfare is out of the question. And, I'm sure we would never declare such-”

“Smoke!”

“Jyro, are you-”

“Look!” with worry, I point out the window and Silver Shade came to my side to see what I saw.

The sight of smoke is getting bigger as we get closer, it is not coming from a far distance. The Everfree forest would have shown bigger flames, but it is not as big nor would be in the forest. No. Closer. To my concern, the only source that would make such destruction, is the only little place that is just too peaceful to be burned down.

And that place is, Ponyville.


*Celestia’s POV*

Finally! There is a reason why I had to have him back to Ponyville, I know there will be suspicions from ponies in town demanding ‘who or what has visited my castle’. Annoyingly, they sometimes ask ridiculous questions that is completely off topic and inappropriate for me to give an answer. I hope his time there in Ponyville, that the reporters do not give him that sort of question. I have a bad feeling they might. But, at least he will have a good time there with my star pupil’s friends, and have the needed strength to what he is fighting for. At least, that is what I know. Although, I don’t know why, but he is fun to tease and seeing his reaction enlightens me, curiously he doesn’t seem to mind, but enjoys to be poked a little.

Back in my chambers, I decide to step out to the balcony to have fresh air and the view of the land. I never get tired of this view, how my sun shines above and glows the land in brilliant color. Unlike my sister, she prefers the night, saying how her moon illuminates the land and the stars above meant to be gazed. I have never mention this to my sister but I am quite jealous that her night displays a view of beautiful and countless lights above, and my day is just blue. It does not matter to me, at least that is one of the things that the ponies should appreciate for, including me.

Out of thought, I noticed something on the horizon, there seems to be smoke coming from...


*...POOF…*

A letter from my Star Pupil appeared, as I read her message, I am shocked and realized what I witnessed of what was really going on. Ponyville, is being attacked by Timberwolves.

“Guards!” I called out.

“Yes your highness.” he stood along with two others.

“Ponyville is under attack by a large pack of Timberwolves, I need you to send a rescue and medical team there immediately!”

“Yes mam!” they salute and left.

It is not normal for Timberwolves to come in town and attack without reason. Why now? What did we do? What do they want? Whatever ever it is, I hope my dear subjects are safe and well, and I only hope that he will help and drive them off.

“Jyro,... save them…” I said silently.