• Published 2nd Feb 2016
  • 1,022 Views, 23 Comments

A New Era - Okami1197



With peace now returning how will the unsuspecting heros fit in on their new planet.

  • ...
0
 23
 1,022

Chapter 7

The engines of the Pelican roared to life, and Rider smiled, "Zalphite have I told you how much I love you?"

"You have never said that." Zalphite responded.

"Would you shut up and get this thing in the air. I would like to have an actual bed to sleep in for once thank you." Maria said from the cargo bay of the Pelican.

"Alright." Rider sighed as he increased the thrust and the Pelican rose into the sky. Both Luna and Storm flew up to meet them and motioned for them to follow. After a moment of flying storm turned around and blew a kiss at Rider and took off like a bullet. Rider smiled as he angle the Pelican so he would not hit the stunned Luna and he punched it causing the Pelican to rocket after Storm.

"Dammit Rider warn me next time I almost fell out the back!" Maria yelled.

"Next time don't insist on riding with the hatch open then." he laughed as the distance between them and Storm closed.

----

Celestia stood in the town square waiting for the humans and her sisters to get there. Suddenly Storm shot over head followed by the humans' ship, "What the hell are they doing." Celestia whispered to herself.

The Pelican started to slow down as it circled town. Once slow enough it slowly lowered itself down to the ground in the town square. Storm landed next to Celestia, "That was fun. I did not think something that big could fly that fast."

"Well next time please worn me before doing that. It is bad enough that the ponies here are kinda afraid of the humans right now."

The pelican landed and Maria stepped out of the back as the engines died, "This town looks absolutely wonderful. I hope we are accepted, because I don't think I would want to leave." suddenly a pink blur shot towards Maria and she reacted by grabbing the ponies mouth before it could speak, "Please don't do that." she set the pink pony down.

"Wow your fast. No one has ever stopped me when I was running like that before. What are? Where are you from? Do you like parties, because I love parties? Do-" Storm used her magic to silence the pony.

"This is the Pink Menace, or Pinkie Pie. She is the local sugar addict who is on a constant sugar high unless she gets depressed." Storm said. Looking Pinky in the eye she continued, "If I let you go do you promise not to ask questions?" Pinkie nodded, "And you need to calm down. She is a lot stronger than you think. Be glad she has good control over her strength because she could have seriously hurt you." she let Pinkie go and nodded.

"I'm sorry if I startled you." Pinkie said sadly.

Maria got on eye level with Pinkie, "In all honesty, I am glad that there is some one who is so happy about meeting new people. Just try not to bombard them with questions immediately after meeting them."

"Ok."

"So where shall I start looking for a plac-" Maria stopped as a Defender class ship was going down in the direction of a nearby forest, "Rider start the engines now!" she yelled, "More humans are here I think and they might need some help." Maria ran inside of the pelican as it took off.

----

"Thorvoyrs! Frev've!" a female human with white hair in a relaxed uniform outfit called out.

"Their dead. The impact killed them." a man in full suit of white TT-16A Powered Assault armor said as he slowly limped out the cockpit of their ship, "Qi'meen Thorvoyrs said you could have his black/red focusing crystal from his off hand saber if he didn't survive the crash."

"What about his other saber John?" she asked sadly as a tear started to go down her face.

"He told me to take it so that it can still serve a purpose. I know that it should go to someone more qualified but I think it is wrong to deny him his final wish." Qi'meen ran to John and gave him a hug as the tears started to flow, "It's going to be alright. We will survive this and avenge them both."

The sound of jet engines could be heard outside, "What is that?" Qi'meen asked as she pulled away from John.

"I'll go check. Keep your saber ready just in case."

----

"Why do I have a feeling I am about to be sliced by a light saber?" Maria asked Rider.

"Probably because this is a ship given to Jedi counselors and knights." he responded as the door opened and a trooper in powered assault armor walked out.

"Who are you and what planet is this?" he asked.

"We are Spartans from the UNSC and as for the planets name. We have no clue." Maria said.

"Wait…" the trooper moves closer to Maria causing Rider to stiffen up somewhat, "Your voice sounds familiar."

"I was previously traveling the galaxy on a drop ship, but there is no way we have met before." Maria responded.

The trooper removed his helmet to reveal his buzzed dirty blond hair and blue eyes, "The weak are not pawns…" he started.

"they are a team waiting…" Maria continued.

"that has yet to be united." Rider finished, "We are that team."

"We are the Titan Defenders, and we defend those who have yet to find their team!" the three said in unison.

"Commander Runa is that really you?" the trooper asked.

"That is not my name or rank any more. I left that behind when I disappeared." Maria said sadly, "But who are you? You know our creed, and my name so you must be from Earth."

"Your wolf has returned. I am ready to serve you once more if it means saving those who cannot save themselves." the trooper responded.

"John…. I don't believe it. You had seemingly vanished from all clan events back on Earth because of your personal life. I am surprised you remember us. Did you find any of the others?" Maria said.

"I did, but they can not be with us now. Both the Eagle and Hawk have been silenced permanently. They died when the ship crashed." John responded.

"John is everything alright out there?" Qi'meen walked outside the ship and stopped when she saw the two Spartans, "Who are they?"

"Old friends. Remember those people me, Thorvoyrs, and Frev've always talked about?" she nodded, "Well this is them. Meet the remainder of the Titan Defenders."

"Who is the pretty one John?" Rider asked obviously trying to undress her with his eyes.

"She is actually my adopted daughter, but we call each other by name to make things simple. Her name is Qi'meen. She may not look it but she is just turned 18 not to long ago."

"Wait daughter! Crap, crap, crap. Please don't kill me." Rider said quickly.

"How old are you anyways John? You never said when we used to game together." Maria asked.

"I am 25, but before you say anything, the reason I adopted her was to keep her out of a Sith Lords harem. The Republic didn't care so long as she was not associated with the Sith Empire anymore." John explained.

"How long ago was this?" Maria asked.

"About five years ago."

"That Sith was one sick bastard." Rider said.

"Am I the only one who wants to get out of the forest and into civilization?" Qi'meen said as she look worriedly into the underbrush.

"You are quite different from most other Sith, but I agree let us leave this forest." Maria said, "Rider do you think you could get their ship into the air if it is not to badly damaged?"

"Possibly, but I would need to be someplace with more than just trees to really do anything." Rider answered.

"So how are we going to get this thing out of here?" Maria asked.

"You could ask for help." Storm said as she landed between the two groups of humans.

John lit up the light saber that Thorvoyrs told him to take and Qi'meen activated hers. Both had a black center with red along the outside of the blade, "John! Stand down now!" Maria ordered causing all present to jump in surprise, "She is a friendly." Maria turned to Storm and the sound of light sabers deactivating could be heard, "Could you assist us with getting my friend's ship out of this forest and to Ponyville? Then we can try and introduce ourselves to the people of your world."

"That shouldn't be to hard. You four go ahead to Ponyville in the pelican and I will follow you with the ship." Storm said and Maria nodded.

"To the Pelican. Sorry in advance for the lack of seats. It was designed specifically for a two Spartan team." Rider said with a slight chuckle.