• Published 2nd Feb 2016
  • 1,023 Views, 23 Comments

A New Era - Okami1197



With peace now returning how will the unsuspecting heros fit in on their new planet.

  • ...
0
 23
 1,023

Chapter 3

The door to the hanger opens as a blue and purple blur runs in, and skids to a stop, "Well that was fast."

"I take it your my partner from now on." a male voice said from by the pelican dropship.

I walk closer to the dropship and put my hand out for a handshake, "I am Spartan Z-199, and I look forward to working with you."

The black armored Spartan shook my hand, "Pleasure to meet ya."

"So this is your bird then?"

"Yep. That she is." he started to move towards the Pelican, "It was designed for a small team on long missions were they could not return to the main force for supplies. There is not the normal number of seats inside. There is only two in the cargo hold and two in the cockpit. The remaining space was split between storage and a small sleeping compartment with bunks." as he finishes he walks into the cargo/troop bay of the modified pelican. "I'm Spartan D-719, by the way."

"Are we cleared for immediate take off or is the pelican not ready?" I asked calmly as I moved towards the ships terminal to insert Zalphite so she could get a feel for the ship.

"What you got there?" D-719 asked from over my shoulder.

"Zalphite has to get accustomed to the ship systems so she can take control when necessary." I said flatly.

"Alright but she needs my permission before she does that, and to answer your question we are cleared for takeoff whenever you are ready."

"Then lets get away from this god forsaken place, and get to the quiet that is space. Then we can speak more freely." I move to one of the seats in the cargo bay.

"I'll start the pre-launch preparations." he started to walk towards the cockpit.

"D-719, I have already started preparations. I can set a course for the planet's orbit as soon as they are done." Zalphite said from the main console on the ship.

"Sounds good to me. Just tell me before we launch, I would like to be in the pilot seat when it happens." D-719 responded as he moved towards the other seat in the cargo bay, "So is there another name you would rather me call you by other than Z-199?"

"My actual name is Lunamaria, but either Luna or Maria would be fine. What can I call you since you know my name now?" I asked calmly as I pulled my helmet off to reveal my straight shoulder length midnight blue hair and similarly colored eyes.

"Well I used to go by the name Rider because I have no memory of my real one, so that will do fine." he also removed his helmet to reveal his short black hair and brown eyes.

"Rider," Zalphite chimed in, "The preparations are ready. Waiting for your order."

"Good," Rider stood and placed his helmet in an open locker against the wall, and then went into the cockpit.

*****

Celestia looks down at a smaller lavender alicorn, "Twilight, I want you to know that what ever happens in the near future cannot be stopped by you and your friends."

"What do you mean Princess Celestia?" Twilight asked with a hint of worry in her voice.

"What I mean is that what ever is to come is not for the Princess of Friendship and her friends to face, but it is something that makes me glad that my other sister has returned and retrained the entire guard." a smile sincere smile made its way across Celestia's muzzle.

*****

I looked straight into the brown eyes of my fellow Spartan and he was looking into mine, "So you were not born in this era. You just teleported here for no reason what so ever." I nod my head as Rider speaks, "I see. Why didn't I recognize you sooner?" I give him a strange look and he raises his hand to stop me from speaking, "It was probably the reason I didn't remember my name. Antique cryopods had defects. One of which is amnesia apparently, because now I can remember my past clearly. The smiling faces of my parents, friends, and others that I knew; I also remember you Titan Commander Runa. I had fallen sick not long after you vanished; your parents were searching every possible place they could for you, but they never could find you and now I know why."

I stared at my companion in shock, "Who are you really? What was your name back then?"

"Captain Yonatan reporting for duty Commander." he responded with a solute.

"No. You can't be him. He was not a soldier. There is no way that you are him. He loved peace and despised fighting and killing! There is no way he could become like US!" I was shaking in disbelief and anger.

He put his hand on my cheek, "Lulu it is me. I am not lying to you." I stare at him with tears in my eyes.

"I thought that I would not see anyone from home ever again."