• Published 2nd Feb 2016
  • 1,023 Views, 23 Comments

A New Era - Okami1197



With peace now returning how will the unsuspecting heros fit in on their new planet.

  • ...
0
 23
 1,023

Chapter 2

So it has been a couple of months since I arrived here on planet Reach by mysterious means of time travel. The constant drills, yelling, practice, and medical check ups because of what ever they did to me when I first got here became repetitive to the point of me not being able to tell one session from another. I was given a suit of armor that I am supposed to wear whenever I have some sort of well anything. The only thing that is not bad about all of this is that the people here do not care if your a girl or guy, your a soldier all the same. The one person that really interests me is a guy called John. Never once has he made others suffer because of their short comings. Someone gets hurt while we are running the trail around the massive training facility, he carries them. He has inspired so many to keep going just because of how he acts, that I am not surprised that he was put in charge of all us Spartan ll's. Not long ago him and the newly formed "blue team" were sent off world for some mission. I had got together with a couple of the others and decided that we should try and push ourselves to be on John and the rest of his team's level so that we could work with them without being a burden.

*****

Celestia looked towards the big double doors to the balcony outside of her room, "The time of your return is coming sister I can feel. I just hope that there is somepony who can help you because I cannot."

A guard opens the door to her room, "Princess, there is a new candidate for your school here. She is currently being tested."

Celestia looks at the guard, "Thank you for telling me." as she finished a large purple dragon broke through the roof of a nearby building.

*****

So you know the question of whether we are alone in the universe or not? Well we aren't. Just recently John returned from another mission with plasma burns on his armor and said that we are going to be truly tested soon. When I asked someone about what happened they said it was classified, so I went to Dr. Halsey and she said that there is a group out there that calls themselves the Covenant. They are a highly organized group that believe another long disappeared group of aliens called the Forunners are gods, and that we are an obstacle to them. This is almost all speculation though. Soon I will be designated to a team or I will be set as a lone wolf soldier. Granted I would much rather be part of a team than running missions by my self, but we do not get to choose we are told.

The door to my small room opened and instead of the usual armed guards I saw a kind face, "Z-199 it is time."

"Yes Doctor, please lead the way." I got off of my slightly large bed and followed Halsey to were ever she needs me to go.

The long plain hallway that leads away from my room is way to clean for a military base of this size. There is numerous doors that line said hallway, but they are closed for privacy or the room is vacant. At the end of the long hall is a multilayered blast door for extra protection just in case. "Maria, I know you still resent us, so please let me give you a gift off the record. You can tell your partner once you two meet and move to your new station."

I stopped and looked at the Doc. "Wait I get a partner?"

She chuckled a little, "What you thought I would make you a lone wolf?"

I nodded, "I'm not complaining though so lets continue."

"Agreed." we continued our walk to the still unknown location.

*****

On the outskirts of the main Reach training facility stood a large hanger that housed the training equipment for budding pilots; ODST, marine, or Spartan. It also housed a brand new pelican that was waiting for a two Spartan team to claim it. Off in the corner of the main hanger sat a lone Recon armored Spartan with an overall black coloring of his armor, visor included. Said Spartan hated to fight so he was shunned by most other Spartans, and the fact that most ODST's and marines hated Spartans, left him to a lot of time away from others. "Spartan D-719, report to briefing room A for mission assignment." played over the hangers intercom.

"Bout damn time they called for me. I was getting bored just sitting here an' doing nothing but thinking." He stood up and moved towards the main hanger doors, "I wonder what I will have to do." he mussed to himself as he walked to his destination.

*****

"So let me get this straight Doc. You want me, the unusual Spartan from another time, to take not just an AI but a suit of experimental armor as well?" I asked a little shock at what she just told me.

"Yes, I do, and I did not choose you, Zalphite did. I gave her an option just like I gave Cortana, and she chose you because of your ability to end conflict with minimal casualties on both sides. She also chose your partner for similar reasons." she explained.

"Doctor, if you would be as kind as to let me speak to her." a kind almost motherly voice spoke as a dark purple female AI in the clothes of a goddess from ancient mythology, "What the doctor said is true. I did chose you, which in turn made you the one to get that new armor."

"Not to be rude but how does me getting you mean that I get the armor?" I asked.

"Because I was specifically made to run that suits functions." she turned her attention to the doctor, "I think it is time for her to receive the rest of this "gift"."

The Doctor nodded in agreement, "Allow me to show you the multi-purpose combat suit." a metal container opened to show a midnight blue and purple armor with an assortment of utilities including an combat knife on one shoulder and rifle rounds on the other, "This suit was design to be usable in just about any condition a Spartan could find themselves in."

*****

Spartan D-719 walked into the briefing room and saluted, "Spartan D-719 reporting for duty sir."

"At ease Spartan, I would like for you to know that the pilot for that pelican has been decided on, but first I want you to know that I wish we had more Spartans like you son. Because I think that most only see you and the rest of the Spartans as literal killing machines that cannot die. So please help to prove what most think wrong and continue to find a way to complete your missions without killing others. It shows your humanity something most lose in their training. I want you to report to your bird and check her over. Your partner will meet you in there."

"Understood sir." he turned to leave the room and stopped, "Thank you sir. Thank you for having hope that I can change the minds of others." D-719 exited the room and hurried to the private hanger that has become the store house for his new bird.

*****

Maria stretched her body to test her mobility in her new suit of armor, "It feels like it was made just for me."

"It was partially. When we found you we check all of you vitals. We also started to monitor your brain waves. Your brain in slumber was more active than almost every other person in this facility while they were awake. You were the perfect person to receive the suit."

"I think we should get moving, 199, don't want to keep D-719 waiting." Zalphite smiled as she was moved to the suit.

"Lets see what this suit can do speed wise." I said as I moved to the door.