• Published 2nd Feb 2016
  • 1,022 Views, 23 Comments

A New Era - Okami1197



With peace now returning how will the unsuspecting heros fit in on their new planet.

  • ...
0
 23
 1,022

Chapter 4

It has been months since me and Rider set out from planet Reach. We have come face to face with the alien threat that is the Covenant numerous times before today, but the difference is that now they are attacking our new home. They have found Reach and every Spartan team was called home to defend it, but we were not going back. Most will call us traitors, but some will see us as the smart ones. Reach was bound to fall. It was not a secure place by any means. Sure they had all those MAC platforms in orbit but there was nothing protecting them but for a couple of frigates. We are hopelessly out gunned, but most don't see it that way. They are letting the fact that us Spartans are so had to kill give them false hope. That is what caused all the deaths on that world not the fact that not all Spartans were there.


"So we are going to wonder in uncharted space to do what exactly, Commander?" Rider asked as he entered the cargo bay.

"We are looking for a ship. A very specific ship that has more Spartans on it." I responded as I looked over the radar.

"What ship is this exactly? All the ships with Spartans on them were at Reach remember."

"Not all ships. There is a Phoenix Class support ship missing out here and most think it was destroyed but unless I am mistaken the ship has an AI and most on board ship AI send out distress signals if the ship is in danger and it is alone. No distress signal was ever found from the UNSC Spirit of Fire, so she must still be here someplace."

Rider placed a hand on my shoulder, "You do know that there has been many search teams that have tried to find this ship right?"

"I know but none have ventured out into uncharted space. We are the first ones to try this."

"Maria Rider, I have something on radar. It looks like a ship." Zalphite activated the cargo bay's live feed camera that is mounted on the front of the ship.

On the screen at first was just asteroids but after a moment an opening became visible, "There she is, the UNSC Spirit of Fire. Zalphite try to establish communication. They have an AI so it should still be possible."

"I'll try" Zalphite flashed onto the console in the cockpit, "UNSC Spirit of Fire, this is the UNSC AI Zalphite respond." she repeats the message a few times before there is a crackle in the com speakers.

"This is the UNSC Spirit of Fire AI Serina. Please come to the hanger I'll open it up for you." when the message ended I turned around and saw a someone who should not have been there. A merchant.

"Welp that is all kinds of suspicious." I said to no one in particular as I looked at every thing he had on the floor in front of him, "Is that what I think it is?" I asked as I picked up the 15 foot long katana. The sheath was connected to a blue kite shield and one other sword.

"May those weapons protect you from future dangers."

Suddenly there was a blinding flash of light and we were moved to another place in uncharted space but were none of us know. The only thing we know is that there is a very one sided battle bellow us and we are not gonna stand Idly by while those who are protecting there homes need help.