• Published 11th Jun 2012
  • 2,939 Views, 29 Comments

HumanZ - ShadowWalking18



When humans crash land on Equestria. Things get interesting.

  • ...
5
 29
 2,939

Introductions

Another chapter :) now just gonna say that anything written in italics is normal human language and not the equestrian language. Only humans will be able to understand what is said, though ponies might be able to guess what is being said, at least in telling what the emotion is behind the words. And...thats all I have to say at the moment. Enjoy.


Jacob walked down the street, following Twilight. As he passed, he saw other various ponies stopping to gawk or look at him.

'I hope this doesn't last. I hate all this attention.' He thought.

"So what do you think of Equestria? Is it alot different from your home planet?" Twilight asked.

"Well," Jacob said, "unicorns and pegasi didn't exist. No did alot of the creatures you got here, expect in myth really. The air has a sweet taste to it, which is odd, but thats probably just from being cooped up in cryosleep for so long."

"Wow, you didn't have unicorns and pegasi? What about earth ponies?" Twilight asked.

"Well we had ponies, but....not the ones you are probably thinking about. They weren't sentient at all....in fact they were really nothing more then dumb animals."

Twilight shivered a bit, "Scarey."

"Hmmm, I guess. So where are we going again?" Jacob asked.

"Sugarcube Cornor," Twilight said, "It sells the best sweets in Ponyville, and its where the Cakes and Pinkie Pie live."

"Hmm, I guess Pinkie Pie is one of your friends?" Jacob asked.

Twilight nodded, "You would be right. Pinkie Pie is the friendlist pony I know, though she can be a bit...hyper at times."

"Hyper?" Jacob said, eyebrow raised.

Twilight giggled, "Well, you have to meet her to see. But don't worry she is a realyl nice pony, if a bit hard to figure out at times."

"Okay..." Jacob said.

When they finally reached their destination, Jacob looked up at the building.

'Looks like the house from that one kids story book.' He thought as he walked, ducking low to get pass the door, size difference was going to be a norm for him he was sure.

"Oh hello dearie what are you-Ahhhh!"

Jacob looked over to see a light cerulean mane and a mane with a mixture light and pale light crimsion color. She had three cupcakes on her flank and was wearing an apron. Also she was looking at Jacob with wide eyes filled with fear.

'Ugh....' Jacob thought as he rolled his eyes.

"What's wrong honey-Ahhh!" Another pony said, this one male, with an amber colored coat, some sort of cake cutie mark and orange mane.

"Oh come on!" Jacob said in exapseration, "What do you think I'm gonna do? Eat you?"

This caused the two ponies to back up a bit, which only caused Jacob to growl in irritation.

Twilight laughed a bit uneasy, "Sorry Mr. and Mrs. Cake. This is Jacob, he is the human that is staying with me for the homestay program."

The couple blinked then looked at Jacob, then to Twilight.

"Oh, you mean this is a human?" Mr. Cake asked.

"I heard about them, but I guess we never did see them before." Mrs. Cake said as she looked Jacob over curiously.

"Sorry if he gave you a scare." Twilight apoligized.

"Oh it's quiet alright dearie. We should be sorry for reacting that way." Mrs. Cake said.

"Don't worry about it." Jacob said.

"Well...Jacob this is Mr. and Mrs. Cake. Mr. and Mrs. Cake this is Jacob."

Jacob nodded, "Pleasure ta meet ya."

"It's nice to meet you dearie. Sorry if we offended you at all, we've never really seen an actual human before." Mrs. Cake said.

Jacob just smiled, "It's no trouble. I'd probably have acted the same way...somewhat I guess, if roles were reversed."

"Well welcome to Sugar Cube Corner. I guess you're here to see Pinkie Pie?" Mr. Cake said.

Twilight nodded, "Yes. Is she here?"

"She went out to get a few things," Mrs. Cake said as she headed over to the counter, "But she should be back in..."

The sound of the door flying open and Jacob hitting ground, face first, cut Mrs. Cake off. Every pony turned with surprise as they saw Pinkie Pie, standing on Jacob's back. The pink pony had a look of surprise, and excitement. As well as a complete lack of realization she was standing on someone.

"Twilight!" Pinkie Pie said.

"Pinkie Pie...uh..." Twilight said, but was cut off by the hyperactive pony.

"Twilight, you're not gonna beleive it. Those human things were here. They were here." Pinkie Pie said as she began to hop up and down.

Jacob's face controted in various expressions of pain and grunts, as he felt his spine get hopped on again and again. Even if ponies were light weight, the force of up and down motion on his back was painful.

"Oh I wonder why they were here? Do you think they were dropping off a human to stay here? Oh I hope so. I hope so. I wonder if humans like parties?" Pinkie said as she thought for a moment, her hopping stopping for a moment.

"Uh...Pinkie..." Mr. Cake said.

Pinkie gasped, "Oh if a human is staying I have to find out. Then I have to plan them a party. Oh Twilight do you know if a human is here?"

"Uh...Pinkie.." Twilight said and pointed down.

Pinkie Pie looked down and gasped and what she saw. She immediatly jumped off of Jacob and lifted him up.

"Ohmygosh! I'msuperdooperloopersorry! Pleasedon'thateme,I'msosorry!" Pinkie Pie apoligized really fast.

Jacob groaned and rubbed his back, he didn't even register what the pink pony had said, focusing more on if his back was still in good condition.

"Ohnopleasedon'thateme!" Pinkie Pie said, on the verge of tears.

Jacob groaned, "Don't.....worry about it...."

Pinkie looked at Jacob, ready to cry, "Are you sure...I'm really sorry."

"Yes...it's fine.....now....let me go." Jacob said.

Pinkie let him go and looked at him with worried eyes. Jacob stretched, causing his spine to crack loudly, which earned a slightly sickened look from the ponies around.

'Hmm guess they don't like that sound. Heh, I got to remember that.' Jacob thought with a smirk.

"So...you're Pinkie Pie." Jacob said, looking down at the pink puffy maned pony.

Pinkie smiled, her eyes sparkling a bit, and began to hop up and down slightly, "Oh yes. I'm so glad you're not mad at me. I don't think I could stand being hated by somepony that can be my friend. Oh we can be friends right?"

Jacob blinked, 'She said all of that in one breath? Damn.'

"Um sure. Yeah we're friends." Jacob said.

Pinkie smiled more, if that was possible and jumped up and gave Jacob a hug and squeeled in joy.

"Yeah. Oh I have to plan you a Welcome to Ponyville party. Oh what did you say you're name was?" Pinkie Pie asked as she let go of him.

"Jacob." Jacob said.

"Jacob?" Pinkie began to giggle, "hehehehe, that's a funny name." The pink pony giggled more.

Jacob rolled his eyes, but could not hel but crack a smile.

Twilight smiled, glad to see her friend and Jacob getting along. Especially after their meeting.

"Well Pinkie I have to show Jacob around town some more. You want to come?" Twilight asked.

Pinkie gasped, "Oh I'd love to come. But I have to start getting ready for the party. Bye!" and with that Pinkie dashed off at lightning speed.

Jacob blinked, "Does she always do that? And is she always that....hyper?"

Twilight giggled, "Oh don't worry. She's just being Pinkie Pie. You'll get use to it. She is a real sweet heart, if at times her actions can be confusing."

"I'm sure. So where to next?" Jacob asked as he followed Twilight out the door, both of them waving bye to the cakes.

"Well Rarity's is just on the way to Sweet Apple Acres." Twilight said, leading the way.

"Hmmm. Alright." Jacob shrugged.


As the two walked, Jacob took not of the awkward glances he would recieve with stride. They would stop....eventually. Right?

"Well here we are." Twilight said as she pointed to the boutique.

"Nice place." Jacob said as he followed Twilight to the door.

Twilight opened the door and walked inside, Jacob following.

"Rarity. Are you here? It's me Twilight." Twilight said as she looked for her friend.

Jacob looked around, taking note of the vast amounts of dresses and other forms of clothing.

'Guess the gender ratio means more clothes are made for females then anyone else.' Jacob thought.

A sudden crash from upstairs caught their attention and they ran upstairs to see what had happened.

Reaching the upstairs, the two heard more crashes coming from a room. Twilight opened the door, and ducked low with a scream as a sewing machine came flying towards her. Luckily her fast dodge made it miss her; sadly Jacob was not so lucky as the machine flew right into his stomach, forcing the wind out of him and knocking him to the ground.

"Oh no! Jacob are you okay?" Twilight said as she ran over to the fallen human.

Jacob's mouth hung open, his eyes wide as he lifted the sewing machine off his gut and rolled onto his side and curled up. He had been completely winded from the blow and anyone who suffered that knows that it can be a bit difficult for awhile to get any air back into your lungs.

'Breathe! Breathe!' Jacob thought and finally took in a big gasp of air, and another and another till he felt a steady breathing cycle once more.

"Jacob! Please say something!" Twilight said as she started to shake him, "Oh no! What if his lungs are crushed! I don't know the skeletal structure of humans, what if their bones are really fragile!"

"Twilight, what are you doing...oh dear!" Rarity gasped as she looked over and saw Twilight and a strange creature.

"Quick Rarity I need your help." Twilight called over her friend.

Rarity blinked and went over, "Twilight, what is that?"

"Its a human, his name is Jacob. Remember about that meeting last week?" Twilight said.

Rarity put a hoof to her mouth, "Oh you mean this is a human? I remember that meeting, but we never really learned of what they looked like much."

Rarity spotted her sewing machine on the ground Jacob and gasped, "Oh dear did he get hit by my sewing machine?"

Twilight nodded, "Yes! I think he might be hurt." Twilight seemed ready to panic.

"I'm fine!" Jacob shouted.

Both ponies gasped and moved away from Jacob as he got up and dusted himself off, Twilight's eyes lit up and she gave him a hug.

"Oh my goodness, I thouht you were hurt Jacob. Are you okay?" Twilight asked as she let him go.

Jacob rolled his eyes, "Yeah I'm fine...just was winded for a moment. Though I am a bit surprised that didn't hurt as much as I thought it would." He bent down and picked up the sewing machine.

It was light, though certainly not without weight. Never the less it was not as heavy as a human made sewing machine.

"Well I'm glad your not hurt. Though I am ashamed it happened in the first place. Sweetie Belle, come out here and say sorry." Rarity said as she looked back to her room.

Jacob looked from the unicorn he guessed would be Rarity if he heard Twilight right, and looked where she was looking.

Peeking out from the side of the door, was a small unicorn. She almost looked like a small version of Rarity except for the different mane and eye color, and the style of the mane and tail as well.

"Now Sweetie Belle, come out and apoligize. A lady shouldn't hide from admitting her mistakes." Rarity said.

Sweetie Belles ears went flat and she stepped out, "I...I'm sorry..mister human."

Jacob bit his lip, 'Damn it. Did these guys evolve to make you hate yourself if you made them sad?'

"Eh don't worry about it....though why were you throwing sewing machines anyway?" Jacob asked.

"I didn't throw it. The yarn yarn ball did." Sweetie Belle said.

Jacob blinked, "Huh?"


It took only a few seconds really for Rarity and Sweetie Belle to explain how the entire room had ended up looking like a warzone, with fabric and maniquins everywhere. But it was taking Jacob forever to comprehend how three balls of yarn fall from their basket could lead....to that?

'Thats almost taking the laws of physics to the extrme.' He thought as he sipped his tea.

The three, Sweetie Belle had run off to play with her friends, were seated at Rarity's kitchen table enjoying some tea. Jacob wasn't really surprised that tea was made the same way on this planet as it was on earth. Maybe it was one of those universal laws.

"It's simply amazing. Visitors from space, and they are now living among us. Its simply a wonder really." Rarity said.

"It is amazing and it has certainly caused a stir among the science and astronoy branches of study in Canterlot." Twilight said with a giggle.

"Oh," Rarity looked to Jacob and said, "I've been meaning to ask. What is that you are wearing? Were you arriving from some sort of semi-formal social?"

Jacob blinked, "Uh...no."

Rarity smiled, "Good, because while that looks moderatly passing it looks simply dreadful."

Jacob felt a twitch coming on, but before he could say anything Rarity went on.

"Though I am curious...why wear it if it was not to look stylish at some event?" Rarity asked.

Twilight blinked, "Actually I've been curious of that myself."

Jacob's eyes widened, feeling that now was the time to start feeling uncomfortable.

'Oh boy....how does one deal with this?' He thought, trying to think of a way to explain it...without having to go into certain...details on human anatomy.

"Uh...well...ummm...I guess...we humans just prefer to wear cloths." Jacob said slowly, hoping that would be enough.

Rarity and Twilight looked at him for a moment, Jacob felt uneasy and was sure he was sweating.

Finally Twilight said, "Well..okay. I thought it was a bit odd, but if its what your species does I can understand that."

Jacob sighed in relief, only to be grabbed by the arm. He looked and saw Rarity with glittering eyes.

"Oh my stars! A whole species of...people? People that wear clothes all the time." Rarity gasped and seemed to be in heaven.

'I am sensing bad juju...' Jacob thought as he nodded.

Rarity squeeled and began pulling Jacob, "Oh my words, this is possibly the greatest thing to happen in the history of fashion. Just think that I could be the first to start selling clothes for more then just formal occasions. Its both new and exciting, especially making the designs fit for your kind oh come come come."

"Where are we going?" Jacob asked.

"Well darling, I don't really know much of human fashion but if wat you have on is stylish then I have alot of work ahead of me. You just can't go walking around in something like that, and I Rarity will make you something to really catch the eye. It will be my welcome gift to you, its no trouble." Rarity said as she pulled Jacob to her work room. Twilight followed giggling at her friends excitement.

"Um..uh.." Jacob tried to say something as a measuring tape was hovered about him surrounded by a blueish aura.

Jacob blinked and watched the tape, this must be that magic he heard about during the introduction class. It did seem like simply psychokinesis but the aura was....strange.

'Best not think on it too much. Just take what you know of science and leave it at that.' He thought.

"I'm sure you have alot to do right now, so I'll just take your measurements right now and begin to work on a design. If you could come back later so that I can use you as a model for the clothes that would be lovely." Rarity said as she wrote down the various measurements she took.

"Uh...sure..." Jacob said.

Rarity smiled, "Wonderful. I think I have all I need. Oh do you have any prefered colors?"

Jacob shrugged, "Hows blueish-gray sound?"

Rarity gasped, "Oh no no no darling, you can't wear such dark colors in the summer. You need something light, don't worry I'll see to everything."

Jacob felt a bit unsure. He was never really one to care what his clothes looked like as long as they were functional and didn't make him look like an idiot.

"If you say so. Um, I guess me and Twilight will go." Jacob said.

"Of course. I'll see you later then. Have a good day you two." Rarity said as she began to draw up some designs.

"Bye Rarity. Come on Jacob, I'll take you to meet Applejack now and Fluttershy next." Twilight said as she walked out the door.

"Uh...right." Jacob said following. He could not help but shake a feeling that the events that have just transpired were going to lead to something very unpleasant.


As the two were making there way to Sweet Apple Acres, someone shouted.

"Look out!"

Jacob stopped and looked up, confused as to why he heard someone from up there. His eyes widened as he saw a rainbowish blur head right for him.

'Oh....no....' He thought before he hit to the ground by the force of...whatever it was that hit him.

"Jacob!" Twilight gasped and ran over.

Jacob groaned in pain and opened his eyes. He looked at what hit him and came face to face with blue pegasus. The pegasus looked back at him and the two just stared at each other for a moment before the pegasus shot up.

"Oh geez sorry...uh...what are you anyway?" She asked.

"Rainbow Dash?"

The pegasus looked over and waved, "Oh hey Twilight. How ya doing?"

"I'm fine but why did you crash into Jacob?" Twilight asked.

Dash rubbed the back of her head, "Yeah sorry about that. New trick."

Jacob got up, groaning as he did so.

'I'm guessing she is another friend of Twilights.' Jacob thought.

"So uh...what is this guy anyway?" Rainbow Dash asked, pointing a hoof at Jacob.

"This is Jacob, he is one of the humans from space. Remember." Twilight said.

Dash blinked and seemed lost for a moment, "Oh yeah....those things. I guess I sort of forgot."

Twilight rolled her eyes, "Well anyway, this is Jacob. He is staying with me for the HomeStay project so he will be living here in Ponyville so I thought I'd show him around."

"Oh cool. Well allow me to introduce myself," Rainbow Dash said as she looked over at Jacob, "names Rainbow Dash. The greatest flier in all of Equestria."

Jacob rubbed his shoulder, sure that he was going to have some more bruises, "Eh...nice to meet you."

"So what are you two doing?" Dash asked.

"We were on our way to see Applejack, and Fluttershy." Twilight said.

"Oh, well don't let me stop ya. I'll see ya around." Dash said as she flew off, and landed on a cloud.

Jacob choked, "What the!?!"

"What?" Dash and Twilight asked.

"How...how do you sit on a cloud? Clouds can't hold a solid object." Jacob said, trying to figure out how in the world that was possible.

Dash blinked then laughed, "Well duh, its cause I'm a pegasus. You really need to look this stuff up."

Jacob opened his mouth to say something, but decided against it.

'Just ignore it Jacob.....for your sanitys sack.'

"Uh...right....," Jacob said, "well...bye.....lets go Twilight."

"Umm okay. Bye Rainbow Dash." Twilight said waving goodbye to her friend.

Dash gave a slight wave as she relaxed onto the cloud ready to go back to her nap.

As she slept a shadow loomed over her. A puffy shadow.


As Twilight and Jacob reached their destination, Jacob saw a farm appear in the distance. It looked alot like farms, at least the organic ones, did during the twenty first century. The big red barn gave it a home on the range sort of feel.

"Hmm. Homely, and big." He said.

"Yep, Applejack and her family own the largest apple orchard in all of Equestria actually." Twilight said.

"Hmmm. So wheres this Applejack you talked about?" Jacob asked as they grew closer to the farm.

"She might be out bucking apples. We can ask Granny Smith if she knows, or Big Mac if we see him."

'Big Mac...as in Macintiosh? Granny Smith?' Jacob thought, 'is there an apple and cereal theme for names in this family?'

The two reached the house, where Jacob saw an elderly pony sleeping in a rocking chair.

"That's Granny Smith. She seems to be sleeping so lets go find Big Mac." Twilight whispered.

"Wha- Huh? whoses there?" Granny Smith said as she woke up and looked around.

Twilight blinked then waved to the elderly apple, "Hello Granny Smith. It's me Twilight."

Granny Smith turned and focused her eyes for a moment, "Oh hello Twilight. What's brought you here fer?"

"I was showing my friend Jacob around Ponyville." Twilight said as she pointed to him.

Granny Smith looked at Jacob critically, getting out of her chair and walking up to him, "Hmm..."

Jacob blinked and felt a bit uncomfortable under her gaze, "Uh...hi."

Granny Smith smiled and, "Oh yes you're one of them human thing a magigs. Well welcome to Sweet Apple Acres, where we grow the finest apples in all of Equestria."

Jacob blinked, 'Wow....she's not even surprised or shocked....'

Granny Smith walked back to her chair, "If you're all looking fer Applejack she's in the southwest field. I'm sure she'd be surprised to see ya."

Twilight smiled, "Thank you Granny..." before she could finish however the elderly pony was fast asleep again.

"Ah the glories of age. You can fall asleep at anytime." Jacob said with a smirk.

Twilight giggled, "Well lets go. You'll like Applejack, she is the most honest and hard working pony I know."

"Lets just hope I can avoid bodily injury this time." Jacob muttered.

"Did you say something Jacob?" Twilight asked curiously.

"Oh nothing." Jacob said, acting innocent.

Twilight raised an eye brow but shrugged and continued to lead the way.

As they walked Jacob picked up the sound of something hitting the trees, and the shaking of the leaves.

"Ah thats Applejack. Come on." Twilight said as she ran ahead.

Jacob blinked, and followed. When he caught up with Twilight he saw an orange pony, wearing a stetson hat kicking a tree. Jacob originally thought the pony was going to hurt herself, but when her back hooves connected the entire tree shook and ALL of the apples fell out into baskets arranged around the base of the tree.

Jacob felt his jaw drop, 'Damn....I DON'T want to be kicked by her.' he thought.

"Hey Applejack." Twilight called to her friend as they approached.

Applejack stopped mid-kick and looked over to Twilight, "Hey Twi-ahhh! What in tarnation is that!?"

Twilight blinked then giggled, "AJ this is Jacob. He is one of the humans."

Applejack blinked, calming down a bit, "Oh, he's one of them? I've never seen one before so I was a little surprised I guess."

"That seems to be the norm I guess." Jacob said.

AJ walked over, a bit hesitant, "Uh, nice to meet you Jacob. I'm Applejack..."

"Nice to meet you. Jacob." Jacob said as he held out a hand.

Applejack looked at the offered hand with some uncertainty. Especially the tiny digits, she had seen griffon claws and dragon claws but these....these were just strange.

"Uh...likewise." She said, extending her hoof and hoping she was guessing what Jacob might be wanting. Jacob took her hoof, a bit unsure at first and shook it, letting go after.

"So what brings ya'll down here?" AJ asked, hoping to remove the weirdness and make things a bit more comfortable.

"Oh," Twilight said, "I was just showing Jacob around town. He will be staying here for awhile with me for the Homestay program. Isn't it exciting?" she finished with a smile.

Applejack wasn't sure if staying with someone as big as Jacob would be fun. He was taller then Big Mac by at least a foot she guessed, and she was sure that made it difficult for him to get in and out of places. Plus...what did a human eat?

"Well thats mighty neighborly of ya Twi. I'd love to chat more but I got Applebuckin to do, so I'll see ya'll later okay." Applejack said as she turned to get back to work.

"Sure thing AJ. Was good seeing you, bye." Twilight said waving goodbye.

"So where to next??" Jacob asked as he followed Twilight once more.

"Now we will visit Fluttershy, then after that we can head back to the library. It is getting late and Spike is sure to have dinner ready."

Jacob nodded, "Alright." He actually felt happy for once he meet a friend of Twilights and escaped any bodily harm.

Or...so he thought.

A hard bonk on the head from a falling apple ruined his good mood.

'DAMN IT!' He thought as two more bumps followed before they finally left Sweet Apple Acres.


When they reached Fluttershys house, Jacob felt he had walked into a scene from Snow White or some other Disney movie. There were animals and critters all around, some you wouldn't expect to live in the environment that Ponyville had to offer.

"You'll love Fluttershy Jacob. She is simply the sweetest pony I know, but she can be rather shy around new ponies....or people in your case, so let me get her ready before you show yourself okay."

Jacob shrugged, "Sure."

Twilight walked up to the cabin, while Jacob leaned against a tree.

Twilight knocked on the door and smiled when it was opened. Fluttershy peeked out, "Oh its you Twilight."

"Hey Fluttershy," Twilight said, "how are you today?"

Futtershy opened the door fully, "Oh I'm fine. I was just finishing getting all my animal friends dinner, what brings you here?"

"Well I was actually showing a new friend around Ponyville and introducing him to all my friends. I was wondering if you wanted to meet him." Twilight said.

Fluttershy eeped, "Oh umm....umm I guess...he isn't..scare is he?"

Twilight giggled, "No of course not. Thought he is a bit...tall, but I'm sure you'll like him, the rest of the girls have."

"Oh well...okay. Where is he?"

"Over there by the tree. Jacob come on over!" Twilight called to him.

Fluttershy looked in the direction and eeped. She shook in fear as the creature got closer and closer finally standing before her.

"Hi. Names..." The creature began, but stopped as Fluttershy eeped and closed the door.

Jacob blinked, "Umm....what just happened?"

Twilight chuckled, "Uh eheheheh. One second." She opened the door and Jacob heard what sounded like a scuffle going on inside for a few minutes before Twilight was back, flushing a shaking and obviously scared Fluttershy out.

"Fluttershy. This is Jacob, remember one of those humans we heard about." Twilight said.

Fluttershy blinked, "O-oh...this is a human? Oh I'm sorry if I upset you by being scared.I've never seen something like you and...well I guess I was just a bit....frightened."

Jacob blinked, "Uh..don't worry about it. Nice to meet you Fluttershy."

Fluttershy flew up a bit and began inspecting Jacob, "Oh..you look like nothing I've ever seen. The only animal I think could be similar to you would be the monkeys in the Canterlot Gardens."

"Well..not very surprising, considering my species is about ninty percent or so genetically related to primates." Jacob said.

"Really?" Twilight said and she immediately took that down as a note, "What else?"

"Umm...lets save that for later please." Jacob asked.

Twilight frowned, "Oh alright." She sighed and put her notebook away.

"Umm, so Jacob what brings you to Ponyville?" Fluttershy asked.

"Oh, he is staying with me as a part of the Homestay program the princess has set up with the human ruling body to help them become integrated into Equestrian society." Twilight said.

"Oh..umm..thats nice." Fluttershy said softly.

"Well it was good seeing you Fluttershy, but I think we should head back to the library now. Have a good evening." Twilight said, giving her friend a hug goodbye.

Fluttershy returned the hug, "You too Twilight. And you Jacob."

"Take it easy Fluttershy." Jacob said with a smile.

As the two left, Jacob was on all around look out for any injury causing items and threats. It was only when they finally reached the library that he let his guard down.

'Success! Ha ha, life is being nice for once. I haven't suffered any sort of injury after that final meeting, maybe now I can relax.' He thought as he opened the door.

"SURPRISE!!!"

Jacob fell back, gripping his heart sure that it had stopped. A blast of confeti erupted from the door showering on him. Twilight was in the same predicament. They both looked and saw Pinkie Pie, along with possibly all of Ponyville inside the library, party decoations lined the entire interior.

"You two are just in time. Come on in." Pinkie said as she pulled them in with a smile.

"Pinkie! What is all this?" Twilight asked as she looked around in surprise.

"It's Jacobs welcome to Ponyville and sorry I almost broke your back party." Pinkie said with a smile.

Twilight blinked before laughing, "Oh Pinkie. Still this is quiet the surprise, but a really thoughtful gift. I'm sure Jacob loves it."

Jacob blinked, "Uh...yeah...how did you...put all this together?"

Pinkie just smiled, "Oh I just used my party cannon silly."

Jacob opened his mouth to say something, but decided that it was probably better for his health if he didn't.

"Well I a surprised," he said as he checked his pulse once more. Yep beating again.

"Thats good. I was worried you wouldn't be surprised, and then I was also worried you might not like parties but I see that you do so that makes me really really happy." Pinkie said almost all at once as she hopped up and down.

Jacob smirked, "Well...thanks Pinkie."

Pinkie grabbed his hand, "Come on. Let me introduce you to everypony." and with that she pulled him along to do just that.

"Wait...what?" Jacob said, but found himself unable to resist as he was pulled along.

Twilight watched them go and giggled.

"Hey Twilight."

Twilight turned and saw Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash walking over to her.

"Hey girls. When did you get here?"

"Oh I just got here. Pinkie Pie showed up just after you left and so I made my way down here." Fluttershy said.

"And the rest of us were here to help set things up after you all left us." Rarity said, "oh I have to remind Jacob to come by tomorrow to model for his outfit. They'll be fabulous!"

"Well you might have some trouble. Seems he is being introduced to everypony in town with Pinkie Pie." Twilight said, motioning to the two as they talked to Lyra and Bon Bon.

The girls laughed a bit before joining in the festivities. It was a party after all.


During the party, Jacob found himself under attack by constant questions. To say the least, he was hoping the party ended so he could just go to sleep now.

He now found himself surrounded by various ponies, as well as three fillies. One, Applebloom was Applejacks sister, which surprised him. Sweetie Belle he already knew, but the third was a orange pegasus, named Scootaloo. The three and introduced themselves as the cutie mark crusades and Jacob had to admit their determination to earn their cutie marks was cute.

"Hey...where is your cutie mark?" Appleboom asked.

Jacob blinked, "Um...well we humans don't have cutie marks."

"You don't? Then how do you find out what your special talent is?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Well, we don't need one. We humans are very adaptable, we can be skilled at almost anything really." Jacob said.

"Really?" Twilight said, as she and her friends joined the gathering around Jacob.

"Umm yeah. We had to be in order to survive...I mean look at us. Not really all that threatening." Jacob said as he held out his arms.

"Well..you are very tall." Fluttershy said, hiding behind her mane a bit.

"Only on this planet. On earth we were about moderate size, and there were plenty of creature that could have taken us down." Jacob said.

"Whats earth like?" Scootaloo asked.

"Yeah. What's your home planet like?" Applebloom asked.

"Hmm, well...it was alot like this one...except all that well...you guys were all just believed to be myths." Jacob said.

"Myths?" Twilight said, tilting her head slightly.

"What do you mean myths?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Well, things like pegasi, unicorns and dragons...didn't exist on earth save in old folk lore and tales. We had ponies...but...they were more or less farm animals." Jacob said.

"So? We earth ponies are pretty good workers of the land." Applejack said with a bit of pride.

"Umm...on earth ponies weren't exactly sentient." Jacob said.

"Oh..." Applejack said.

"Amazing," Twilight said as she took that down, "So you were the only sentient race on your planet."

Jacob nodded, "Yep. We even colonized various other planets and moons. Even our own moon."

"What!?!" Every pony shouted in surprise.

"You mean you lived on the moon?" Twilight said in surprise.

"Wow! Thats amazing, I thought only princess Luna did that." Dash said.

"Well we had to change a few things first, but we eventually colonized those planets." Jacob said.

"So why are you here then?" Scootaloo asked.

Jacob frowned, "...Because....we don't have anywhere else to go."

"What do you mean? You probably got dozens of planets to live on." Dash said.

Jacob sighed, "No we don't.....they arn't around anymore."

"What do you mean darling?" Rarity asked.

Jacob looked up, "...a war....overtook our civilization....and in the fighting...every planet that we humans had lived on...was destroyed....even earth..."

A round of gasps came from the gathered ponies. Some placed their hooves on Jacob's shoulder for comfor.

"Oh my. I'm so sorry sugar cube." Applejack said.

"That must be horrible. Having your home just gone." Fluttershy said.

"Yeah. Everypony needs a home." Pinkie said.

"Well," Jacob said, "we hope to make this planet our home. At least we hope to."

"Well I doubt you will have to worry much. Princess Celestia seems set on helping you make Equestria your new home, and we are all glad to have you here." Twilight said.

Every pony agreed, and Jacob smiled.

"Thanks." He said.


After what felt like hours, the party finally died down. With the last of the guests gone, and all the decorations and stuff cleaned up Jacob was glad to fall into his bed.

"So how was your first day i Ponyville Jacob?" Twilight asked as she got into her own bed.

'Still not going to be use to this arrangement of sleep.' He thought, doing his best to get comfy in the slightly small bed.

"Eh...it was okay." Jacob said, aligning his body diagonally to get his entire body on the bed.

Twilight noticed this, "Oh sorry about the bed...I didn't think humans would be so big...we can get a bigger one if you want."

"Eh don't worry about it," Jacob said, "but...that might be a good idea."

Twilight felt her ears flatten, and frowned. Jacob noticed this.

"Hey don't feel bad. At least you got a bed out for me. Thank you I appreciate it."

Twilight smiled, "Thanks. Well good night." She yawned and the lights went out.

Jacob smirked and looked over to the small bed, where Spike slept soundly. He had been surprised to see an actual dragon...even if he was just a baby.

'Well...this will certainly be interesting.' He thought as he closed his eyes, 'I just hope I don't get hit anymore.'