• Published 19th Jan 2016
  • 634 Views, 27 Comments

Equestrian Elseworlds: The Fiend, The Warrior and the Spellcaster - Equestrian Ghost



This, is how my life changed with a new dimension, three cards and an academy.

  • ...
1
 27
 634

Early Valentine's Day Special

Ah, Valentine's Day, a special day for the ones who have a special somebody. That special somebody being a man or a woman, is there to spend time with you sharing the never-ending feeling of love. Now, those who are not in a relationship mostly hang out with their friends, or just home alone watching the television which is transmitting an insane amount of romantic comedies, while the single one is eating whatever is in their fridge (unless they ordered from a pizzeria or they received an order of Chinese food.

However, our story takes place on an island of Japan, an island known as Duel Academy. This academy was the main of five academies around the world that focused on teaching young students the art of dueling in order to become excellent students and use the skills they obtained to grow in the world of dueling. The lucky boy today is the one and only Spike Solaris, adoptive son of Celestia and new member of the Obelisk dorm.

It was he who began as a Slifer, but managed to reach the highest rank after a test and a wager. Anyways, let's get to what the dragon-eyed student had in mind, as he spoke with his closest friend, the one who stood with him as a child.


"I told Mana and Burst that I'd leave them at the room for a reason," Spike said, looking out as he stood at the card shop, which was alone without counting him and Yubel.


"What troubles you?" Yubel asked, as she spawned a shadow ball and began playing with it.


"I know I talk with you alone when I need some good advice, but this is something else. This is dating advice, because it's the first time I ask someone out."


"What about Zecora?"


"She asked me out, and that resulted in an unexpected pregnancy," he said, chuckling a bit as he remembered the time he spent with her.


"I must admit that was hilarious. Now, back when Hao and I dated, he asked me out with confidence. Also, he got me a good gift, which was something I really enjoyed. The conclusion? Follow the basic steps: One, be confident. Two, be yourself, and three, get her a good gift, such as flowers or chocolates."


"Chocolates are overrated, and flowers are default I assume," he said.


"That is true. Take her out to dinner, or prepare the dinner yourself."


"Thanks Yubel, I think I'll invite her once I get out," he said. Time passed and he grabbed his PDA, texting her with a simple message:


"Dinner tomorrow? I'll bring the food, just wait in your dorm. Also, I'll pick you up so we can eat in a place where no one can disturb us."
- Spike


The next day...

Having ended his service as a butler at the Valentine's Day party organized for the school, the green-eyed Obelisk student proceeded to prepare a simple, yet exquisite dinner for two. He then prepared a bouquet of roses and a small box, which held something simple yet important. Before he left for the Girls' Dorm, he smiled, closing the door and heading for his date.


You might say that two hours looking for a girl was terrible, but hey, that's what happens when it's someone like Alexis Rhodes. Spike smiled softly, as he headed to the places she would usually be. That's when it hit him: what if he was avoiding people? That idea lead him to the place the Obelisks least spent their time at: the Slifer dorms. As he walked down the familiar path to the dorm he began in, he saw Professor Banner, who walked out of his room.


"Hey professor," Spike said, looking at him.


"Hello Spike, what brings you here?" Banner asked, as he looked at the basket in Spike's left hand.


"I was looking for Alexis, turns out, we were probably going to share a meal today, although I haven't found her. I was wondering if you knew where she was."


"Well, she is in my room due to a funny reason. Do go in, and if you two leave the room, make sure to lock the door," he said, as he carried Pharaoh and left the dorm.


As for Spike, he proceeded to a Professor Banner's room, opening the door and finding Alexis sitting in a chair, looking at him.


"Spike, why are you here?" She asked.


"Why are you here, when you could be at the party?" He asked, looking out to the zone designated for the party that stood in the middle of the academy.


"Oh, I'm sorry, it's just... It's that day again," she said, looking away.


"Why is it such a bother?" He asked, grabbing a chair and sitting in front of her.


"Because... Well, most of the boys on campus have gone to my room or they're trying to find me to ask me out and give me several gifts. It was nice in middle school, but it started being bothersome in 8th grade."


"I see, being chased by boys all day could be annoying."


"Yeah, I won't get out until the day ends. You said the dinner was for us, right?" 'Smooth, Alexis. Now your reputation of being nice is ruined by hunger,' she thought.


"Indeed, I do understand that being in here for a few hours without eating can make anyone hungry. However, I have a better idea to not eat here: let's eat outside," he said, smiling softly.


"What if they come and-"


"No, they will not come. Who'd think that you would be at the Slifer dorm? Also, you'll be with me, which in a way, gives them no right to ask you out."


"I guess you're right."


"It's rare when they tell me that. Now, shall I take you to dinner?" He asked.


"Yes please," she said, smiling softly. The two walked out of the room, locking the door and walking until they sat under a tree near the dorm.


"The day is nice, nor too hot nor too cold," he said, before setting the things up for the picnic.


"Did you make all of this yourself?"


"Just as I make your meals Monday through Friday," he said, chuckling as he grabbed two bottles of Coca-Cola and handed one to Alexis. Once he handed her a bottle, he began eating his slice of pizza, enjoying the mixture of cheese, tomato sauce, bread and pepperoni


"This pizza is great," Alexis said, before drinking from her soda.


"Why thank you," he said in response to the compliment, serving himself another slice after a while. "So, I know that this may be a touchy topic, but... Why did you go to the Abandoned Dorm that night?" Alexis sighed, only to answer his question.


"I've been searching for my brother, he disappeared due to Shadow Games. I've been trying for a long time, and I haven't been able to find him. I feel terrible, I-" and with that, she broke down, sadness taking over and tears flowing.


"I know where you're coming from," he said, handing her a tissue. She took it and wiped her tears away.


"What makes you think that?" He merely spawned a ball of fire in his left hand, holding it as a response.


"Spike, how did you-"


"Necrofire, as I like to call it," he said, before continuing. "I died due to a terminal disease, but I was then resurrected thanks to the Reaper. She's nice and all, although I have to give her a massage every Saturday night as part of the contract."


"I don't believe you."


"Let me show you," he said, as both of his hands slowly enveloped themselves in fire, holding her hands as his memories were seen in her head: his measly life in Ponyville which was improved by Zecora, his terminal disease, and his time here.


"I, I didn't know about it," she said, looking at him.


"We both share the pain of loss, Alexis. However, from loss rises creation. If I hadn't died, I wouldn't be sharing a meal with you right now," he said, smiling as he got out the dessert.


"Is that strawberry cheesecake?" Alexis asked, looking at him as all signs of sadness disappeared.


"Yes, also, I love how you were frightened at my fire powers and now you're smiling because I brought cheesecake," he said, chuckling as he served two slices, one for each. He then handed her a fork, and he followed a few moments later.


"It's tasty, Spike," she said, as she gave him a soft smile.


"After being on Earth for quite a while, you learn a few recipes. Also, the days I'd spend giving you breakfast, I learned about your favorite meals," he said, before eating part of his slice.


"About your other life, how was it before all of the hard work?" She asked, as he frowned and looked at her. "Spike, you don't have to-"


"I will, you already told me about your loss, the least you deserve is my past," he said, before smiling softly as he held her hand, which brought a blush to Alexis's face. "Mom and I were very close, despite the fact that she had a kingdom to run."


"She was a queen?"


"Sun princess, to be precise. Now, life everyday was fun: breakfast with her, the rest of the morning with tutors, part of the afternoon in the garden with a maid whose name I do not remember, and at night, mom would tell me a story. Do you want to know what was funny?"


"What?"


"The book was about Duel Monsters. At the age of three, I received my first card: Yubel."


"You've had her for all of that time?"


"Not really, just for four years, from my third birthday until I moved out, which was at age 7 to be precise. I moved in with Twilight, who acted as my guardian. The thing is, I was the one who took care of her. And that's my life for now," he said, smiling a bit.


"Wow, you're full of surprises," she said, smiling as she still held his hand.


"Thanks, the same goes to you," he said, before continuing. "It's getting late, how about I walk you back to the dorm once I pick this all up?"


"Sure, let me help you," she said, smiling as the two got to work, putting everything away. After a few minutes, the two were on their way, laughing and holding hands. However, all good things come to an end as they stood in front of the Obelisk Girls' Dorm.


"Well, I guess it's all for today," he said, smiling as he held her hands as he looked into her eyes.


"Yeah, it was fun though," she answered, smiling as she looked back at him. "Thanks for everything today, Spike," she said, before leaning in to give him a kiss on the cheek, which made him blush a bit.


"See you tomorrow?"


"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow," she said, as she entered the dorm.


He went towards his dorm and into his room, smiling as he put the basket aside. However, he remembered that he forgot to give her the Valentine's Day gift. He quickly washed his hands and brushed his teeth, and proceeded to go to the Obelisk Girls' dorm with the bouquet of roses and the small box, quickly walking through the halls as several girls looked at him.


"We should tell Miss Fonda about him being in the dorm," a girl said.


"Why? He's got a bouquet of roses and a small black box," Mindy said.


"Yeah, but what if he's like the other boys who were looking for Alexis earlier?" Jasmine asked, standing beside Mindy.


"What is going on, girls?" Fonda asked, walking in as she held a glass of water in her hand. A group of girls, who were watching Jasmine and the others talk then saw the point of interest, which lead to them pointing at Spike as he knocked on a door, and Fonda just smiled softly.


"Let him, it is an act of love," she said.


"But Miss Fonda-" Jasmine said, before several other Obelisk girls got closer upon seeing Spike, who smiled as the door opened. Once he closed the door, the group headed towards it, some pressing their heads against the door to hear what was going on inside.


"Spike, why are you here?" Alexis asked, looking at him.


"I forgot to give you the Valentine's Day gift I prepared for you," he said, as he gave her the bouquet.


"Thank you," she said, as she put it aside. "What do you have there?" She asked, as she saw the small box in his right hand.


"The most valuable gift I could come up with," he said, as he gave her the box. She opened it and saw one of the rarest cards she had ever seen: a copy of the Swing of Memories card, the card Atticus used to represent the bond of brother and sister.


"Spike, how did you get it?"


"It's a funny story. First, I asked Dorothy if she had a database of sorts which showed the favorite cards of every student. I found you after a while, and I saw that 'Swing of Memories' was your favorite, so I ordered it in the highest rarity it was available in," he said, smiling.


"This is just, it's-" she broke into tears once more, and he chuckled since it was what he wanted: tears of joy, not of pain. He gave her a tissue, which she used to wipe her tears.


"You might want this," he said, handing her a special sleeve which was used for the exhibition of cards, making them unaffected by humidity, heat and other factors that wasted the card away.


"Thanks," she said, putting the card into the sleeve.


"Now that I've done that, I guess I must go before I get in trouble."


" Spike, I didn't give you your Valentine's Day gift," she said, looking at him as she out the card on her desk.


"And what would that-" his sentence was interrupted by a swift kiss, one that felt like an eternity to both, although it lasted a few seconds. She broke the kiss and looked at him.


"Happy Valentine's Day," she said, smiling softly. He merely smiled and pulled her in for another kiss, this one being a bit longer than the first one.


"Happy Valentine's Day, Alexis," he said, as he slowly wrapped his arms around her, kissing her forehead as she smiled.


Once Spike walked out, he was greeted by more than a dozen Obelisk girls, who looked at him with curiosity. This group was lead by Fonda, Misty and Jasmine, Misty being the one to speak first.


"What happened in there?"


"I don't like bragging, but... we're now an item," he said, chuckling before the small group smiled at him, knowing that a couple had been born. If there was one thing he was proud of, it was making her smile. He now had someone to love after the loss, and now he looked forward to spending the next day with her, the day after that, and the days to come.


As for Alexis, she smiled as there was someone who understood her pain. Not only that, but due to Spike's point: from loss, creation is born. She may have lost her brother, but she now had a special someone, this someone being a green-haired Obelisk who manipulated fire, greeted her every morning and had a pair of unique, green eyes.

Author's Note:

What's up everybody, Equestrian Ghost here, and I brought you all this early Valentine's Day special, given that it's nice for love and all. I still don't know if this will be canon or not, but I know this: for the next week, until Saturday February 20th, 2016, I will accept suggestions for pairings with Spike (characters from Yu-Gi-Oh, maybe an MLP character, and a surprise shipping I've got), mostly to do something besides the story line (also, these chapters are going to be bonuses). I am going to begin the next chapter where Spike pays a quick visit and applies for Duel Academy. Thanks for reading, happy Valentine's Day and I'll see you all later.