• Published 19th Jan 2016
  • 629 Views, 27 Comments

Equestrian Elseworlds: The Fiend, The Warrior and the Spellcaster - Equestrian Ghost



This, is how my life changed with a new dimension, three cards and an academy.

  • ...
1
 27
 629

Spooky Celebrations

Alexis POV

Today was the day I'd be organizing the Halloween party for the students of Duel Academy. Several workers and students were bringing in chairs, tables, and many other things, and I was excited for the party. I am sad that Attie won't be here this year, but he wouldn't want me being sad.

Then, my attention was directed at Spike. Yes, it was that green-eyed boy that was quite handsome, rivaling Zane and several other Obelisks, according to what Mindy and Jasmine said. I know it may be weird coming from me, but I am a woman, and just because I'm the Obelisk Queen doesn't mean that I can't go out with a boy every once in a while.


"Hey Lexie, anything else?" Spike asked, looking at me.I had to look away, because I couldn't look into his eyes. Those green eyes which had a lot to say, as if what he has told me of him wasn't enough.


"No Spike, it's alright. You should go back to your dorm and get ready, the party's in a few hours," I answered, watching as he went towards me.


"Alright then. Hey Lex," he asked, as he was now in front of me.


"Yes, Spike?"


"I was wondering... I was wondering, if you wanted to dance tonight," he said, looking up as he put a hand behind his head. Let's think about this: Spike Solaris, the 'Rising Rookie' (as he was nicknamed by several), boyfriend material according to Mindy and Jasmine (as I said earlier), asking me to dance with him. He's a better person than most who have asked me out, so why not?


"Sure."


"Well, see you here in a few hours," he said, before walking away. Now came the difficult question: what should I dress up as? It was then that I looked at my deck and smiled. It was time to get ready, because a certain green-eyed boy was going to dance with me.


8:00 P.M

It was time to begin the party, and the students walked in. I saw Mindy and Jasmine, who were dressed as the Queen's Knight and the Dunames Dark Witch respectively. The funny part was seeing Zane dressed as a Jedi. Never thought he was into that stuff, but then again, he uses Cyber Dragons. My attention was then caught as I felt someone tap my shoulder.


"Looking for me?" Spike asked, smiling. I looked at him: he was dressed in black, and his hair was swept back. After looking at his black trench coat, the matching pants, shirt and shoes, I realized that he looked familiar.


"If you're wondering who I am, I am Neo from The Matrix," he said, smiling.


"Oh, no wonder you looked familiar." That was repetitive.


"As for you, you look quite nice, an excellent portrayal of the Cyber Blader. Now, shall I take you to the dance floor?" He asked, extending his hand. Do you know that time where something happens out of nowhere? This was one of those moments, and I hated it very much.


"Spike, could you please get me a glass of punch?" I asked. I hated myself so much, especially since I hated asking people favors.


"Sure, serves that I get myself a glass as well," he answered, before he went to the punch table. After a while, I began to wonder what happened to him, so I went to the punch table. Remember what I told you about the out-of-nowhere events happening and ruining the mood? Yes, another moment like that one happened.


Spike was being approached by an older woman. This woman had short black hair, glasses with blue edges, and a black cocktail dress. What caught my attention, however, were the high heels. It looked like she had guns on her heels, something really odd.


"Now handsome, I am sure your dancing skills are just as good as your looks. After that, we can continue in your bedroom, enjoying the moment with tea and pastries," she said, as she rested a hand beneath his chin, making him blush a deeper shade of red.


Crystal Academy, Crystal Empire, Equestria, Equis
Present Day


"Let me get this straight: an older woman was seducing Spike, and he was blushing?" The Slifer student asked.


"Yes, Izinski, my husband was being hit on by a woman that was MUCH older. If you want to know more about her, let me continue," I said. If you're wondering why I'm narrating this to a Slifer student, it's because my husband took the kids to see my mother-in-law, Celestia. I then smiled, continuing my story.


Obelisks' Ballroom, Duel Academy, Japan, GX Neo-Earth
October 31st, 2004


"Who are you?" I asked, getting closer to them.


"I am Bayonetta to most people, Cereza to my closest friend," she answered, smirking as she now looked at me.


"Get away from him, I was with him first," I said. Now, I see that I acted out of character.


"Jealous, aren't we?" She asked, smirking as she pulled out a gun, pointing it at me. I'm surprised that nobody noticed what was going on at the time.


"No, he wants to dance with me."


"Well the night is young child, as young as I. After all, being more than 500 years old is youth in an Umbra Witch's lifespan," she said, leaning in and kissing Spike on the cheek. I was quite amazed at the fact that she was half half a millennium old, but she was threatening my night with Spike. Wait... Why was I being so jealous about it?


"How about we duel? Winner gets him for the night," I said.


"A duel for the boy... As much as I would like to face you in combat, a duel is quite exciting given the world I am in," she said, smirking.


Spike's POV


"Where's my opinion in all of-" Spike started to say, before Zane pulled him aside.


"What you will get out of this is an interesting duel: the best duelist of the Obelisk dorm against a woman who is much older than us," he said, smiling.


"How could we know that she's really older than us?" Spike asked, before Zane pointing at my opponent, who used her hair to make the dress vanish, covering several parts of her body with her growing hair. After a while, she now stood in a one-piece suit, which showed skin in several places.


'There's the answer. Another thing you'll get from the duel is the fact that two attractive women are dueling to see who gets to dance the night away with you,' Yubel said in my mind.


'If you put it like that, then I guess I'll let it slide, after all, I have a feeling that things are going to get interesting,' I answered.


"Attention students, please leave the dance floor and the space around it empty, because a duel will take place," a voice on the microphone said, as the students began making space for the duel. I noticed how Spike and Zane went to the turntable, getting two chairs as they got a microphone each. I stood on one side of the space in the middle, while Bayonetta was on the other side. As the duel was going to begin, Spike said:


"Welcome to the Halloween Party, ladies and gentlemen!" With this, several students cheered, showing their presence before he continued. I am Spike Solaris, and I will make a dual commentary of this duel along with my fellow duelist, Zane Truesdale. Nice Jedi attire there, how are you tonight, Zane?"


"Excellent, Solaris, I must say the same for your Neo costume," Zane answered, before continuing.


"Tonight we'll have a duel, unlike any other, for our contestants are dueling to earn something, or in this case someone. This someone is none other that Spike Solaris of the Ra Yellow dorm, and only one of these lucky ladies will get the chance to dance the night away with him," Zane said, smirking. If he weren't a duelist, I'm sure he'd be a duel commentator.


"On the left side, we have the product of a forbidden love, growing up to be a woman capable of taking down anyone who crosses her path, yet maintain her class, let's give it up to the Umbra Witch, Bayonetta!" Several men cheered, given her, well... features.


"And on the right side, nicknamed the 'Obelisk Queen' by several students, sister of Atticus Rhodes... Alexis Rhodes!" With that, the other students cheered, apparently supporting me for being the local one.


"In this case, I will be commentating Bayonetta's moves, while Zane commentates Alexis's moves."


"Without further ado, let's start the duel!"


Alexis: 4000 - Bayonetta: 4000

1. Alexis
"Why don't you start the duel? After all, I'll be the one ending the night with him," Cereza said, smirking.


"As you wish," I answered.


"Hm, Alexis has decided to begin by summoning 'Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands' in Attack Mode (1400 ATK). This allows her to search for a Ritual Monster or Spell, and in this case, she's adding 'Cyber Angel Dakini' to her hand. That done, she's ending her turn," Zane said, smiling.


2. Cereza
"And now Bayonetta's kicking off her turn. She's opted for activating a curious card known as Toy Vendor: by discarding a card, she gets to draw a card, and if it's a 'Fluffal', she gets to Special Summon a 'Fluffal' monster from her hand," he said, before the Umbra Witch said:


"Swamp? What a bummer. Also boys and girls, if you're wondering what deck I have, it is one from the future. I explained it to Spike, as well as giving him a list with the effects in order for him to explain it."


"She's now discarding 'Fluffal Bear' in order to add another Vendor to her field in face-down mode, only to flip it and discard 'Fluffal Mouse'..." He drifted off.


"She's drawn 'Fluffal Dog', and now she's going to Special Summon it in Attack Mode (1700 ATK)! When Dog hits the field, she gets to scout out an 'Edge Imp Sabres' or a 'Fluffal' monster, and she's chosen 'Fluffal Owl'. Using her Normal Summon, she's bringing out 'Fluffal Owl' in Attack Mode (1000 ATK), and this card let's her add a 'Polymerization' to her hand. She's now putting a 'Fluffal Mouse' in her hand to the top of her deck in order to Special Summon 'Edge Imp Sabres' in Defense Mode (800 DEF).


"Now comes the fun part," Cereza said, smiling as she activated Polymerization.


"Ditching Sabres, Owl, a Dog in her hand and the Dog on her field, she's Fusion Summoning 'Frightfur Wolf' in Attack Mode (2000 ATK), she could end the duel right now!"


"What makes you say that, Spike?" Zane asked.


"Wolf gets an attack for each monster used for its fusion, and Bayonetta's going in for the win!"


"Wait, Alexis is discarding her 'Honest', allowing to give a Light-Attribute monster a boost equal to the opposing monster's attack, and that means Manju's attack is now 3400, enough to destroy the wolf!" This said, Manju delivered multiple punches, destroying the wolf.


"Bayonetta's down to 2600 Life Points, while Alexis's points are intact, quite a way to turn the tables."

Alexis: 4000 - Cereza: 2600

3. Alexis
"It seems to be that Alexis is going to take out the Umbra Witch with brute force, sacrificing her monster to summon 'Gyakutennu Megami' in Attack Mode (1800 ATK). Megami's ending the turn with Specter Strike," Zane said, as Gyakutennu delivered a blast dropping her Life Points farther.

Alexis: 4000 - Cereza: 800

4. Cereza
"Down to only 800 Life Points, Cereza's using her Vendor's effect, discarding 'Fluffal Mouse' and drawing 'Edge Imp Chain', having to discard it. However, due to Chain's effect, she gets to add a Frightfur card, and she's chosen no other than 'Frightfur Fusion', the 'Dragon's Mirror' of the 'Fluffal' archetype! She's ditching Mouse, Bear and Wolf to summon her strongest monster... 'Frightfur Sabre-Tooth' in Attack Mode (2400 ATK). It's original attack is 2400, but due to its first effect, it's attack gets a boost of 400 (2400 + 400 = 2800 ATK). Also, since she used at least three monsters for the fusion, Sabre-Tooth can't be destroyed by card effects."


"This puts Alexis in a great disadvantage, and I'm confirming that Cereza will destroy Alexis's only monster," Zane said, as the Frightfur monster destroyed 'Gyakutennu Megami' with a single pounce.

Alexis: 3000 - Cereza: 800

5. Alexis
"Despite her Life Points now being 3000, Alexis still has an advantage. However, if she remains without monsters, the victory could be handed to the Umbra Witch. Now, it all relies on this turn," Zane said, before I drew a card. Upon seeing my hand, I smiled, knowing that I had won the duel.


"She's activating her key ritual, 'Machine Angel Ritual'. By discarding 'Wingweaver' and 'Key Mace', she's Special Summoning 'Cyber Angel Dakini' in Attack Mode (2700). It is not enough to destroy Sabre-Tooth, but her effect allows her to send it to the Graveyard, much different from destroying it!" Chazz exclaimed, smiling.


"Now Dakini's going to end the duel with Machina Angel Strike!" And with this, Dakini struck my opponent four times, ending the duel.

Alexis: 3000 - Cereza: 0


"Spike and I are sharing the dance floor tonight," I said, smirking as I went to him, smiling as he then smiled back at me.


"It'll be a pleasure dancing, but Cereza and I have a 'dance' of our own to attend to first," he said, before he walked alongside the Umbra Witch. I was slightly mad, but that all changed a while later when he entered, several cuts and bruises being visible. As for Bayonetta, she was intact.


"Yep, you're leading," he said, chuckling as he drank an odd potion that healed him. "That said and done, shall we dance, lovely?" He asked, holding my hand.


"Yes," was all I said, and after that, things were a blur in a way. The way we danced, what I felt while dancing, it was magical, no matter how ridiculous it may seem. After a while, he and I were sitting in the grass, our backs agains a tree. I was now resting my head on his shoulder, and he smiled as he held my hand.


"That was fun," he said, looking at me.


"Yeah, I'd do it again," I answered, smiling softly.


"It may be odd, but... would you go on a date with me?" Now he was asking me out on a date? I just couldn't but... he's not like the others, treating women with respect, and it looks like he's the kind of boy who arrives in a suit, takes a girl out to dance, and drops her off at the entrance of her home, receiving a kiss at the end of the night.


"I don't know, I mean, it sounds like a great idea, but I'm not ready."


"Well, I'll be patient," he ended, before he wrapped an arm around me, sharing his warmth with me a bit more.


"I would like to duel you someday."


"Tell you what: I win, we go on a date, you win, I owe you a favor."


"That isn't fair."


"Says the one who dueled against another woman for me," he said, chuckling as I looked at him annoyed.


"She wasn't going to let me dance with you."


"See what I mean?" He asked, playfully kissing my cheek. I blushed a lot, and I looked away. However, our attention was caught by a giant white tiger, which landed on our island. From it came out a man who was in a white suit. Back then, I didn't know what a Power Ranger was.


"Who're you?" Spike asked, getting up. The stranger removed his mask, showing the face of a man with long black hair.


"My name is Tommy Oliver, White Ranger"


"Why are you here?"


"I'm looking for Zane Truesdale, I'm here to teach him a thing or two about life," he answered, before he looked at me.


"Follow me," I said, as Spike and Tommy went with me, reaching the party once more. It was now calm, and some students were talking with each other, while others were slow dancing. After a while, we found Zane, and he was sitting while a girl tried to convince him to go to the dance floor, which he refused.


"Zane Truesdale, I wish to duel you," Tommy said.


"I won't bother," Zane answered, ignoring him.


"He's got a one-of-a-kind future deck," a woman in a pink suit said, this one having blonde hair.


"Another one?" Spike asked.


"My name is Kimberly, I'm with him," she answered.


"Dual commentary, Lexie?" Spike asked.


"Sure, I'll give it a try," I answered, as I walked to the turntable, grabbing a microphone. Kimberly smiled, and headed to the turntable as well, joining me.


"Good evening, we need the center of the room to be cleared out, because a second duel will take place," Spike said through the microphone I was holding, before Kimberly began:


"Tonight's second main duel will be hosted by two strong duelists. Our special duelist is the leader of a team designated to save the Earth, Tommy Oliver!" Several students cheered, admiring his outfit.


"And on the other side, the main man on campus, respected by his friends, feared by his enemies, Zane Truesdale!" I said, smiling. So this is what Zane and Spike felt...


Zane: 4000 - Tommy: 4000

1. Zane
"Zane's starting by summoning 'Shining Angel' in Attack Mode (1400 ATK), and ending his turn with four face-downs," I commented, waiting to see what kind of deck Tommy had.


2. Tommy
"Due to his opponent having a monster while he doesn't, Tommy's Special Summoning 'Super Quantum Red Layer' in Attack Mode (2000 ATK)."


"This is where his plan is ruined, because Zane counters with 'Bottomless Trap Hole', removing Red Layer from play."


"However, as a good leader, he has a backup plan known as 'Emergency Teleport', allowing him to Special Summon a Level 3 Psychic monster, but he has to banish it from the field at the end of his turn. After summoning 'Super Quantum Blue Layer' in Defense Mode (2000 DEF), he activates Blue's effect, allowing him to add a 'Super Quant' card from his deck to his hand, and he's chosen 'Super Quantal Mech Ship Magnacarrier'. Continuing, he's Normal Summoning 'Super Quantum Green Layer' in Attack Mode (1600 ATK), which lets him Special Summon a 'Super Quant' monster, and he's bringing out 'Super Quantal Fairy Alphan' in Defense Mode (0 DEF)," she said, before taking a break.


"Discarding a card, he's activating Magna Carrier's first effect, using Green Layer to Xyz Summon 'Super Quantal Mecha Beast Aeroboros' in Attack Mode (2200 ATK)."


"Xyz summon? How does that work?" I asked. I was unfamiliar with that way of summoning back then, but Kim then explained.


"Xyz summoning is like Fusion Summoning, but using two or more monsters with the same level in order to bring it out. Xyz monsters have Overlay Materials, which let them activate their effects. Back to Tommy, he's paying 1000 points to Special Summon the 'Performage Trick Clown' he discarded, in Defense Mode (0 DEF due to effect). Now tributing Alphan to randomly summon one of three 'Super Quant' monsters he chose, Green Layer hits the field, while Red and Blue go to the grave. Red's effect activates, letting him Special Summon Blue Layer in Defense Mode (2000 DEF), and then Blue's graveyard effect activates, sending Red and Alphan into the deck."


"Will his turn finish soon? We've yet to see," I said.


"Now, he's using both Blue Layer monsters on the field, Xyz Summoning 'Super Quantal Mech Beast Grampulse' in Defense Mode (2800 DEF). Grampulse loses one of its Overlay Materials to destroy a Spell or Trap Card on the field, destroying the one on the far left. Aeroboros swings in for the kill," Kim said, as the green monster destroyed the Shining Angel.


"However, Zane's bringing out another 'Shining Angel' in Attack Mode (1400 ATK) due to its effect of Special Summoning a Light monster with 1500 or less attack points," I said, as another Shining Angel appeared.


"Green Layer heads in to finish off the Shining Angel with 'Green Tri-Strike'," she said, as Green Layer destroyed the Shining Angel, bringing out a metallic dragon.


"Zane's decided to bring out 'Proto-Cyber Dragon' in Attack Mode (1100 ATK). Its effect allows it to be treated as a 'Cyber Dragon' as long as it's on the field," I countered.


"Tommy is finishing his turn with a face-down, leaving Zane at 3000 Life Points."


Zane: 3000 - Tommy: 3000


3. Zane
"Tommy's activating the effect of 'Grampulse', destroying one of Zane's face-downs," Kimberly said, smiling as one of Zane's face-downs was destroyed.


"Zane's activating 'Graceful Charity', which allows me to draw three cards, but then discard two," I said, as Zane discarded, before activating a Trap Card.


"However, he's activating 'Disgraceful Charity', which allows him to recover the cards he lost from 'Graceful Charity'. Summoning another 'Proto-Cyber Dragon' to the field (1100 ATK), he's activating 'Power Bond', letting him Fusion Summon a Machine-type monster with twice the attack, and he's summoning his key monster... Cyber End Dragon (4000 x 2 = 8000 ATK)!" With that, a giant three-headed machine dragon appeared.


"This is it, Zane could end it here, and Cyber End Dragon's attacking the Clown with Eternal Evolution Burst!" I commented.


"However, it won't be this turn..." Kimberly said, before continuing. "... because Aeroboros's effect is kicking in, flipping that dragon into face-down position," she ended, as the dragon now became a Set monster, ending Zane's Battle Phase, which lead to Tommy's next turn to begin.


4. Tommy
"Sacrificing 'Performage Trick Clown' Tommy's summoning 'Super Quantum Red Layer' in Attack Mode (2000 ATK). Red Layer allows him to add a 'Super Quant' card from his Graveyard to his hand, and he's adding Blue Layer to his hand. Activating Magnacarrier's effect, he's discarding the monster he just added to his hand in order to Special Summon 'Super Quantal Mech Beast Magnaliger in Attack Mode (2600 ATK), using Red Layer as Xyz Material. After using Blue's effect to shuffle itsel into the deck, he's activating Magnacarrier's other effect, tributing Magnacarrier, using Grampulse, Aeroboros and Magnaliger, along with their Overlay Materials as materials for the Xyz Summon 'Super Quantal Mech King Great Magnus' in Attack Mode (3600 ATK)!"


"Impressive move, even the audience is cheering louder than they did when 'Cyber End Dragon' appeared," I said, before she continued.


"However, Tommy's activating his face-down, the Trap Card known as 'Super Quantal Mech Sword - Magnaslayer', equipping it to Mech King. This Trap Card's effect increases the equipped 'Super Quant' monster's attack by 100 times its Rank. Now, Mech King's going to deliver a true mechanical beat down to the dragon!" And with that, he flew into the sky, swooping down and delivering a single slash, before the dragon appeared and the sword disappeared.


"Kimberly, please explain what's going on," I said.


"In the Battle Phase, the Trap Card can be sent to the Graveyard to give the equipped monster three attacks that turn," Kimberly ended, as the Mech King delivered two more punches, as Cyber End Dragon started to release electricity and sparks, falling to the ground with a heavy thud, then exploding as Zane's Life Points dropped.

Zane: 0 - Tommy: 3000

"And Tommy wins the duel!" Kimberly exclaimed, smiling as we went to Tommy and Zane, only for Tommy to stop Kim.


"Zane, Spike and I are going to talk, leaders to leaders," Tommy said, as he walked out of the dorm with them.


Zane's POV

I didn't know why they wanted to talk with me: I taught Syrus a valuable lesson, and I am the top student of this academy. However, my doubts were answered as Tommy began.


"Zane, Spike and I are here to talk to you due to how you've acted."


"Yeah, especially Syrus, kid's got a problem of self-esteem. The mistakes he's made, the insults he's received, there was a time where he nearly killed himself, hell, I thought I had it bad... but wanting to kill yourself? You're supposed to be a role model, he has the right to be treated with love, yet you show him none," Spike said, annoyed.


"With a brother like you, why would he want enemies? He needs a brother, not a tormentor."


"You're 4000 Attack Points from putting Obelisk to shame."


I kept on receiving comments like this, until Spike's next comment made me fully realize, compared to the ones I was told before.


"Hell, I wish I were his brother instead of you! I lost my family in two clan wars, yet you have yours and you act as if you didn't have one," Spike said, before slapping me on the face, hard.


"Oh, and if it makes you feel better, the deck I use is known for being far into the future," Tommy said, before the two left. The last thing I heard was Spike calling on his PDA about some dreamscape issue.

Author's Note:

Hey everybody, Equestrian Ghost here, and I want to thank the few of you who have read this story up to now. I know the duels were short, and I want to apologize for that. Anyways, I do hope this story grows, and has a better reputation than the two original versions. Thanks for reading, and I'll see you all later.