• Published 21st Nov 2011
  • 938 Views, 10 Comments

The New Pony - Pebbles



Twilight's new pupil's powers become eminent, envy simmers, causing a spell to go extremely wrong.

  • ...
 10
 938

Chapter 3

Sorry for not updating this, due to computer problems and writer's block. I'll keep these more frequent :)


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Twilight became slightly stunned at the filly's arrogance, for about a second. Because, a second later the filly shrank down, terrified.

"I'm sorry! My mother told me to stop being so annoying, and act civilized, and now since I didn't I'll be shipped back to Canterlot to," Misty's eyes widened from an unseen paranoia, "to Magic Kindergarten."

The only sound that could be heard was Spike laughing.

Twilight's gulped, "Umm, why don't you come in? We're all waiting for you."

What happened next was one of the most chaotic moments in Misty's life.

"Surprise!" Pinkie Pie bounced up and down, "I threw you a party! Isn't it going to be fun! We're going to eat cake and milk, and then laugh, and the milk will come out our noses! It's going to be so much fun! Ohmigoshwe'llplayallkindsofgameslikepinthetailonthepony!"

"Hey kid," Rainbowdash flew over, "Even if you're not a pegasus, you look cool."

"Umm, hi. My name is Fluttershy."

"Pardon?"

"Fluttershy."

"Oh, Darling, what a bea-utiful mane. Now, if you just pinned it up a little here, and then added a pin here, you would look amazing. I have the perfect dress! Oh, terribly sorry, I have't made a proper introduction. My name is Rarity, dear."

"Well Howdy, sugarcube. Mah name's Applejack. Mighty pleased to meet yah."

Misty looked a little overwhelmed, so Twilight intervened. "Well, let us get started on our history class." Her horn flickered and a large, dusty book flew onto the podium.

"A History of Equestria by Sunstar the Careful," Twilight read, "Does anybody know who that was?"

A single hoof was in the air.

"Misty? Do you know the answer?"

"He was the first apprentice of Starswirl the bearded!"

"Correct."

The lesson went on, with Twilight asking, Misty answering, and Rainbow Dash napping.

"Have a nice day, AJ! You too Rarity!" Twilight gave each of her friends a farewell.

Soon, it was only Misty, Twilight, and Spike.

"So, Twilight said, finally, resting, "Show me what you know about magic. Do some of the exercises you've learned." Twilight was extremely impressed by Misty's level of skill. She was also proud. The Princess had trained her well.

Misty finally stopped, exhausted, "That's all I know," she panted, "Did I do well?"

"You did awesome," Twilight encouraged, "Now, please read this for practice tomorrow morning." She levitated a dark blue leather-bound book from one of the shelves.

Misty's eyes lighted-up with excitement at a new book. "I haven't read this one!"

"Excellent!" Twilight opened the back door, to the library extension. "This room is yours. Feel free to read any book you wish to."

Misty gasped at the sheer amount of books at her hooves. "Thanks Twilight Sparkle."

The door shut and Misty was alone with her books.