• Published 21st Nov 2011
  • 937 Views, 10 Comments

The New Pony - Pebbles



Twilight's new pupil's powers become eminent, envy simmers, causing a spell to go extremely wrong.

  • ...
 10
 937

Prologue

The knock on her door was so quiet, Celestia almost couldn't hear it. "You may come in," she called, wondering who it could be. The door swung open, and a young unicorn stepped in. Her dark blue pelt, and lighter mane, hid, as Celestia saw it, a very terrified pony.

With wide, awestruck eyes, the pony said, in an almost soundless voice, "My name is Mystical Shine. But, uh, you can call me Misty."

Celestia smiled, "Welcome, Misty, as you already know I am Princess Celestia."

"Umm, Hello. Is this about my enrollment to your school?" she murmured.

"You don't need to be afraid, child." Celestia said, soothingly, "I'm not going to hurt you."

She said, a little bit louder, "Am I accepted."

"Oh, yes." Celestia announced, the filly had shown amazing talent, "But, I have not called you here about that. I want you to do a, how do I put this, a... exchange. I would like you to be taught under my most faithful student, Twilight Sparkle."

Misty's eyes widened, "Twilight Sparkle! The one who defeated Nightmare Moon, and Discourt! Ohmygosh, Ohmygosh! Am I actually going to be taught under her!"

"Yes!" Celestia smiled, "I like your enthusiasm! Now, we shall write her a letter, and then send you to Ponyville!"

Suddenly realizing her outburst the pony shrank down, "I'm sorry."

Celestia thought for a moment, then said, "You're going to have to be louder than that for Twilight."

"Oh!" She said, yelling almost, "Excuse me for being quiet!"

Celestia raised an eyebrow, "What did your mother tell you?"

"She said I shouldn't talk to loud, and not be as obnoxious as I usually am, and not boast or brag, and- Oh No! I forgot to bow!" hastily the pony sank on her knee. "Anyway she said I should answer all your questions as thoroughly as possible, which is what I'm doing right now. Then she said not to show off, oh wait I said that. She also said, no yelling. But, I did that because you asked me too. She told me to talk quiet, and be polite, and show you I'm civilized!" Celestia was amazed Misty's mouth could do anything after talking 1,000 gallops per hour.

"Forget what your mother said. I want to meet the real you, and I'm sure Twilight does, too."