• Published 21st Nov 2011
  • 938 Views, 10 Comments

The New Pony - Pebbles



Twilight's new pupil's powers become eminent, envy simmers, causing a spell to go extremely wrong.

  • ...
 10
 938

Chapter 2

This is my first fanfic, so any critiquing, or correcting is welcome. :)
To those who commented on Misty's alter- personality, I've don some editing on the prolouge to give you a better idea :twilightsmile:


____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stunned silence seemed to strike the ponies. Twilight looked up from the letter, eyes wide. "A new... pony?"

"YEP! That's what she said!" Pinkie smiled.

"But, I don't have enough time. This will totally affect my studying!" Twilight began to panic.

"Twilight, dear, Celestia understands. She's going to help you, by sending this new pony. If your grades drop, I'm sure she'll understand," Rarity began to try to soothe Twilight.

"You don't understand!" Twilight looked like she was going to cry, "I've never been a teacher, ever. What would I teach her?"

"Now there, sugarcube, don't get upset," Applejack walked over.

"You could always say no," Rainbow dash suggested.

"SAY NO!!!" Twilight screamed, "I couldn't do that! This is the princess of Equestria! I can't just say no!"

"But, but Twilight, she values your opinion," Fluttershy whispered.

"Okay, this is okay," Twilight began to calm herself, "I value your opinion, everybody. Why don't we vote? All in favor of me taking on a student say 'aye'"

"Aye!'

"Ooh! Ooh! Me! Aye!"

"Aye!"

"Aye!"

"Aye!"

The only one who was silent was Twilight. "I guess majority rules..." she said, looking rather crestfallen.

"Yay! Ooh! I could throw a party!"

"Spike... take a letter, I guess."

"Yes Twilight!" Spike grabbed a quill.

"Dear Princess Celestia, I will take her. Sincerely, Twilight Sparkle," Twilight dictated. Spike burped and whooshed it into the air.

Silent minutes passed. Then, Rainbow dash gasped, staring out the window, "Look!" A gleaming light blue carriage seemed to melt out of the sky. With a thud, it landed in front of the library. Out stepped Princess Celestia. Following her was a dark blue unicorn, with turquoise eyes, and a fuzzy dark purple star on her flank, surrounded by mist. She had a icy light blue mane, with turquoise streaks, and an extremely stubborn expression.

"You most be Twilight Sparkle," she said, smirking slightly, "My name's Misty."