• Published 7th Jan 2016
  • 2,346 Views, 49 Comments

Revolution in Blue! - AppleJTZ



Inspired by a history lesson Indigo Zap decides to start her own revolution at Crystal Prep Academy.

  • ...
2
 49
 2,346

Unity

Moving backwards Indigo stumbled through the darkness. In the shadows that surrounded her she saw the shades of various Crystal Prep students slowly approaching her. Their faces were completely veiled by the dark, except for their smirking teeth that shined bright white in their black faces. More than at their creepy smiles however Indigo stared at their clothes, the vests, skirts and pants of their school uniforms being clearly visible even in the dark. Their sneers echoed around her as the army of students bit by bit closed in to her, forcing Indigo take back step after step. Her retreat was suddenly stopped as she bumped against something behind her. Turning her head she stared up at a colossal mannequin, wearing a giant version of her own uniform. Upon the contact with her the mannequin toppled, slowly tilting forward. Indigo watched in horror as it fell down on her, the girl about to get crushed under the fabric of her own vest…

Jolting up in her bed Indigo gasped for air. Her eyes were widened fearfully, wrinkles of terror on her face as she hysterically breathed in and out. She turned her head from side to side, looking at dark blue wallpapers with yellow lightning symbols on them. Through the window on the left wall the sun streamed into her room. In the morning light the various trophies on the shelf opposite to her bed were glistening slightly. Opposite to the window was the door out of the room, and next to it her dresser. Another door next to her trophy shelf led to a small storeroom, various sports instruments spilling out through the open crack. Sports balls and other gear was lying all over the carpet on the floor, alongside some clothes. Right to her bed was a large mirror, and to the left a small night table with a lamp and clock. The alarm was ringing, Indigo obviously having overheard it in her vivid dreams.

After having calmed down Indigo shut off the alarm. Groaning she cast her blanket aside, and dragged her feet over to the edge of her mattress. Sitting on the side of her bed she rubbed her eyes, still feeling rather groggy. Half-asleep she looked down on her blue night-shorts and the black tank-top showing the same lightning symbol as the walls, before raising her gaze towards her dresser. With mixed feelings Indigo slowly got up to her bare feet, walking over a basketball to the wooden commode. She grabbed the knobs of the upper drawer, and pulled it open.

Various tops, jeans and skirts were lying more or less neatly folded in it, many of them being in a shade of blue. The clothes she had worn yesterday were lying on top, having been used for such a short time it would have made no sense to put them in the laundry. Indigo stared at them for a while, before closing the drawer with a sigh and opening the one below. Three staples, one for skirts, blouses and vests each in the colours of Crystal Prep Academy looked up at her. After staring with hanging eye-lids at them for a while she raised her glance to the goggles lying on top of her dresser. She picked them up, about to put them over her head, but then hesitated. Her shaking fingers clenched the glasses and the leather as Indigo grit her teeth. Furiously she turned around and tossed the goggles on her bed. They jumped over the mattress, almost falling off the other side. One glass and leather strap hanging from the edge they lying upside down on her blanket.

Unintended Indigo closed the drawer as she pressed herself against it. Sighing in frustration she dropped to the ground, sitting on the floor with her back leaning against the dresser. She looked up at the ceiling, fixed on the lamp hanging in the center. “What was I thinking?” she asked into the empty room, then let out a bitter laugh. “All it took Cinch to smash my ‘revolution’ was a silly clown’s costume.” She lowered her head, pulling her arms around her knees and burying her face inside them. “I’m not a rebel. I’m just the queen of losers…”

Quietly Indigo sat in her room, sulking. A loud noise caused her to look up to her window. There was smudge on the glass, as if it had been hit by something hard and dirty. A stone suddenly clashed against it, startling Indigo. More stones followed, none breaking the glass, but each causing a very loud impact. With little energy Indigo got on her feet, moving past the various objects on the floor to the window. She waited for another stone to hit the pane before she pulled it up. Fresh morning air blew into her room, giving the lightly-clothed girl a slight chill. Carefully she poked her head out of the window, already making an angry face as she expected to see some Crystal Prep students who had come to tease her.

“Yeah, yeah!” she shouted down in annoyance. “Your clown is here alright. And if you don’t want her to call the police-”

Suddenly Indigo fell silent, wincing as she saw who was standing on the lawn in front of her house.

“The stones were their idea!” Sunny made clear, pointing towards Sour and Lemon. “Sugarcoat and I wanted to call you on your phone.”

“Hey, we won paper-rock-scissors fair and square!” Lemon insisted.

“T-rex eating rock isn’t really fair” Sugarcoat interjected, sounding a little salty.

We got her attention, that’s all that matters!” Sour cheerfully chimed in. “So, Indigo, if you’d be so nice and come join us so we can get to school – coz it’s friggin’ cold out here!” she murmured, she and the other three girls pulling their arms around their bodies and shivering slightly.

Indigo looked down on her friends. The morning light was dim, and she was on the first floor, yet she could clearly see each of them. For a moment she silently stood at her window, unsure how to feel about what she was staring at.

A sly look in her eyes she then cracked a smirked. “Be there in a minute!” she called down to them. Closing her window she leapt over to her dresser, opening the upper drawer. “Just got to get dressed…”