• Published 7th Jan 2016
  • 691 Views, 21 Comments

The Winding Northward Road - Rambling Writer



Struck with wanderlust, a mare travels to the Crystal Empire and back.

  • ...
2
 21
 691

Day 7

Met someone today who didn’t want to kill me. I was continuing down the pass (definitely no second set of ruins) when someone up ahead noticed me and called out. A pegasus named Silky Breeze. Asked me if I wanted to talk, and said, sure, why not?

She asked what I was doing out here. I told her, and she was impressed. Said not a lot of ponies would try something like that. When I asked her if I was determined or stupid, she laughed and said that there’s not a lot of difference sometimes, that determination is just stupidity with a positive spin. Um, thanks?

I asked her about the unicorn from yesterday. Breeze said the unicorn sticks to her ground and doesn’t come through the pass, while Breeze sticks to her ground and doesn’t go through the pass. She doesn’t know her at all, besides the fact that she’s there. Doesn’t want to know her, either; that reduces the chance of magic missile to the face considerably.

We walked down the pass together, and she started talking about herself. She helps with the weather in this area. Says she’s a “transitional weathermare” or something; when we get environs that meet, like these mountains and that desert, it takes a little bit of weather finaggling finagling to make sure they don’t clash. Like, clouds come down from the mountains with more water than usual, so if she doesn’t knock the rain out early, it could drift into the desert and ruin the ecosystem. She’s not alone out here, but I didn’t meet anyone else. She soon left me when she had to go back to her home base or wherever while I stayed on the path. She said that I should expect some rain tonight, and that I was welcome to stay at her place, but I declined. Don’t feel comfortable sleeping in strangers’ homes yet.

Trees and plants getting thinner and less tasty; I’m heading out of the foothills. Feels like it’ll be hotter than Lareindo already. No sand yet, but there’s less shelter from the sun. Still some streams; I should stock up on water tomorrow.

Put up my tent with no collapsing! Hopefully its claim of waterproofing is actually true. Don’t want to be sleeping in a little river tonight.

Anxiety of

Rain anxiety;

Will I be wet or dry?

Will I be dry or get soaked?

Might be terri

Horrible night’s sleep?

Meh.

Risk of rain tonight.

Sitting Sleeping under the heavens;

Worry about

Nervousness

Ner

Cautio

Please, Breeze, no downpours.

Still meh. But less meh.