• Published 7th Jan 2016
  • 691 Views, 21 Comments

The Winding Northward Road - Rambling Writer



Struck with wanderlust, a mare travels to the Crystal Empire and back.

  • ...
2
 21
 691

Day 53

Turns out, Los Ambeles isn’t real real big. It’s even bigger. It’s INCREDIBLY big. I’ve never seen a city so bigly hugely huge in all my life. I’ve never IMAGINED a city could be so big.

I know what you’re thinking. “How big is it?” I’ll tell you how big. I finally got to the outskirts of LA mid-morning. And if I hadn’t taken the bus and taken the fastest trip across that I could, I’d still be in there. As it is, it’s still a bit too close for my liking.

Stopped at the first bus station I saw to get a look at the map and find a way through LA. At first, I thought, ‘Okay, this isn’t so bad.’ And then I saw the scale. ‘Okay, this is not only so bad, it’s even worse.’ The whole place just SPRAWLS pretty much everywhere. It’s so big, I’m not sure how anypony could live in it; just getting from place to place would chew up a big chunk of your time.

I suppose I can see it for some ponies -- there’s all the hustle and bustle, things are happening, you’re near lots of other ponies -- but this, more than anything, has me convinced that cities are not for me. There’s just too much going on.

Saw the scale, got overwhelmed, decided to take the bus. Was on the bus for most of the day, looking out windows at random stuff. Got turned around a few times, but made it to the other side of LA eventually. I saw some places that may have been interesting to go to, but I didn’t want to stay in LA too long; I wanted to get out before evening came, and I didn’t know how long it’d take to get out.

Just barely made it: left the last bus and was back in the country in late afternoon. Managed to get some decent distance, since I’d barely done any walking all day. Hopefully, LA won’t be too bright for me to sleep. Heading towards the Sierra Neighvada mountains; should reach them in a day or so, but after taking so long to get to LA, I’m not sure I trust my sense of distance any more.

I don’t like really big cities;

They feel like they don’t have the pity

For a pony alone.

It feels not like home,

Which is why I wrote this here ditty.