• Published 7th Jan 2016
  • 690 Views, 21 Comments

The Winding Northward Road - Rambling Writer



Struck with wanderlust, a mare travels to the Crystal Empire and back.

  • ...
2
 21
 690

Day 49

Yep. I’m outside Equestria.

Hit the South Luna Ocean around noon. The catch? It was the northern shore, way beyond Equestria’s borders. Well, not WAY beyond -- I can see the lights of Los Ambeles from here -- but still far enough out to definitely be outside Equestria.

Don’t know how I feel about this, to be honest. It’s kind of an accident, since I never meant to actually leave Equestria. None of this has been mapped. But the land doesn’t feel that bad; it’s kind of like the area between Baltimare and Rambling Rock Ridge. Kinda foresty, but not really, and not that dangerous. Not sure whether I’m breaking the law or not; haven’t heard anything about it being illegal to leave Equestria like this.

Following the shore to Los Ambeles. Thinking I’ll get there in a few days. Don’t think I’ll do any sort of sightseeing; I’m quickly learning cities aren’t really my thing. Smaller towns and villages, maybe, but definitely not big cities. Even the Crystal Empire didn’t click all that much for me. Kind of wondering if I’ll run into any guards on the way there, a border patrol or something. Hope I don’t get in trouble if I do.

Haven’t seen any deer. Am I driving them away, or do they just not live in this particular area? Thinking the latter; I haven’t seen any houses or anything. But deer DO live in houses, right? Or are they semi-nomadic? I might’ve heard something about them not living in permanent settlements, but then again, that might just be me making stuff up. (Come to think of it, there being deer out here might just be me making stuff up, I dunno.)

I heard that there lived some deer

Out in the wilds, like here.

But I don’t know for sure,

And I miss the allure;

If they do, they’ve all disappeared.

Because during my tour,

Not one single doe has appeared.