• Published 9th Dec 2015
  • 376 Views, 1 Comments

Canterlot Troubles - R-Dashiefan20

  • ...
 1
 376

Chapter 7

It was a huge purple stone castle that was supported by a giant crystal 'tree'. We landed at the base of the 'tree' and entered the doors. We were greeted by two guards wearing golden armor and carrying large steel swords.

"Welcome Ms. Dash." They said as we entered.

"Hey guys. Is Twilight here?" She asked.

"Princess Twilight is in the library." They said.

"Thanks. Come on Jet." She said as she started up the stairs.

We headed left from the top of the stairs and continued down a corridor that was lined with large wooden doors. We eventually came to an open room that had six thrones sitting in it. Each one had a different symbol at the top of the backs of them. There was a set of three balloons, a set of three diamonds, a set of three butterflies, a set of three apples, a magical spark, and one that I recognized immediately.

"I take it that's yours?" I asked pointing to a throne that had a cloud producing a rainbow lightning bolt.

"Sure is." She said.

We proceeded through the room into a larger room across from it. It was a gigantic library. At the far end of the room was Twilight sitting at a desk with her nose buried in a book.

"Watch this." Dash said quietly as she sneaked over behind Twilight. Dash silently pulled a book off one of the shelves and slammed it on the ground.

"Holy Celestia!" Twilight screamed as she jumped up and fell backwards, landing on her ass.

Dash and I both busted out laughing. Twilight got up and gave us an evil glare.

"Rainbow Dash, I could've seriously hurt myself just now!" She yelled.

"Yea, but, you didn't." Dash said between laughs.

We recovered from our fit of laughter as I walked over to join them, Twilight still had an angry look on her face.

"Oh, come on. Give her a break. She needed a good laugh. She's upset she didn't get any of AJ's cider today." I said.

"Oh, was that today?" She asked.

"Yes, it was today." Dash said.

"Anyway, the reason we're here is because when I had my hearing to determine my punishment, they assigned me the task of guarding you ladies. They said that they believed a great evil was rising. Any idea what they were talking about?" I asked.

"Hmm. Not that I can think of. Maybe there's something in one these books. Did they give any clues as to what it might be?" She asked.

"No, just that it will be the likes of which none have seen before." I said.

"Well, that's not much to go on. I may be able to find something. Just give me some time." She said as she pulled a few books off the shelf.

"Well, we've got plans. Let me know if you find anything." I said as we headed out of the library.

"Will do." She said.