• Published 9th Dec 2015
  • 3,069 Views, 133 Comments

Canterlot Crashers - Orkus



An evil dragon warlord takes over Canterlot, and has kidnapped all four of the princesses! Out of options, the remaining mane five summon the only warriors capable of setting things right once more, even if their means to do so are extremely violent.

  • ...
9
 133
 3,069

The Undead's Bite

The Necromancer remained flying far above everyone, laughing in a demented manner. Everyone may have been eyeing him suspiciously, but the four knights were completely glaring at him with an unforgiving leer.

"What are you doing here, Necromancer?" Green was the first to inquire, taking a step forward as he did so. "I thought we killed you when we last met. You remember, do you not?"

"Death is but an obstacle," the Necromancer quietly voiced, his metal wings still flapping behind him. "An obstacle easy for one such as I to overcome, but for you... a permanent demise."

"The king told us you were a knight of the light once," Blue spoke up, devoid of his usual humor. "You do not have to fight us. Return from whence you came."

"Fellow knight... You should know that there is no light in our simple sight," he began to speak much more darkly. "There is only night, and the undead's bite. Rejoice and tremble, ye little farrow. For jaws shall sunder your flesh and SNAP YOUR MARROW!"

With his sudden roar, the Necromancer's evil sword lit up with an unholy red energy that gave each watching an eyesore from the sheer amount of vileness it possessed. Arcs of lightning crackled and seeped down from it, striking the ground surrounding each of them in multiple spots. No sooner had the storm of forbidden magic began, it settled, only to be followed by the feeling of the earth shaking.

Without warning, wretched screams and banshee cries lit the air, freezing the blood in Derpy and the others' veins. With a crunching of dirt, long, bony claws and hooves emerged from the ground, pulling out similar bodies. The beings, all skeletons belonging to ponies, kobolds, and a select few other creatures set off toward the warriors that stood before them without an order, gibbering and groaning mindlessly as their rotted teeth gnashed together, rusted weapons or limbs raised for battle.

"A plague of woes, a plague of blight. A plague of horrors is what you shall fight," the Necromancer said again in a haunting tone as the horde of undead creatures oozed closer. "And in the end, when you are lying dead upon the ground, broken and shattered, what little remains of this field will be naught but silence... and my laughter."

Seeing no other alternative, everyone quickly readied themselves for the upcoming conflict. Crying out in tortured moans or chattering their teeth together in a hideous way, the undead beings lurched forward toward the warriors, arms, hooves, or weapons outstretched to grab and harm. Papyrus gave a nervous look as they neared ever so closer.

"UM... UNDYNE, I'M NOT WORRIED OR ANYTHING, BUT THESE SKELETONS DON'T SEEM TO BE VERY... FRIENDLY," he said, clutching his sack a little tighter. "ANY IDEA ON WHAT TO DO?"

"Get ready to defend yourself..." was all she warned, forming a spear in one of her hands and getting into a combative position. "I don't think these things are like you or Sans."

"OH... OKAY." He tossed the bag he was holding to the ground with a clutter and got into a similar stance as his friend. While he did so, the Necromancer chuckled again, and Undyne gritted her teeth as she looked up to him. The first wave of the undead aberrations finally met steel with bone as she decided what she wanted to do first.

Letting out a shout, Undyne threw her spear at the knight in black armor, but the Necromancer easily dodged the oncoming projectile by flying to the right. Letting more electrical energy arc from his sword to the ground below, the dusty brown grass and coarse dirt parted violently, revealing more undead beings that were ready to serve their new master with unyielding loyalty.

Red smashed away another pony skeleton with his mace, shattering its bony shape like a marble statue before stretching his palm out and unleashing a quick bolt of lightning at a nearby kobold skeleton whose tarnished armor bore a weary complexion. It fell to the ground as a limp, charred, smoking mess after the attack had subsided, but then got back up and shambled forward with new life, only to be struck down for good by a flung object that was a glowing bone, thrown by Papyrus.

"SORRY!" he apologized to the wretched creature in a completely sincere tone. A large undead pony suddenly came up behind him and grabbed ahold of his arm. It opened its jaws to bite down on the bare limb, but by then Papyrus had formed another magical bone in his gloved hands and swung at it, knocking its head completely off.

"OH, I'M SOOO SORRY ABOUT THAT!" he apologized again, as if horrified by what he had done as he watched its dismembered cranium roll away. In the air nearby, Derpy could only watch as he friends continued their fight.

They each looked like they were doing good, felling dozens of decaying skeletons with every second, but when a quick few minutes went by, the pegasus noticed they were beginning to tire amongst the field of bones they were rapidly becoming buried under.

The army of the dead bore heavy casualties, but with every undead that fell, three more seemed to take its place. Not only that, but some of the skeletons that did fall simply got right back to their feet with the aid of the Necromancer's magic.

Speaking of which, Derpy's eyes suddenly went to the Necromancer as he spoke up, clearly amused by how the fight was slowly inching into his favor. "You all fight well, but I'm afraid this fight must end..."

With his words, he silently dove through the air in a swoop with his weapon in hand, straight toward Orange, who was busily fending off another of the attacking creatures below. Orange let out a yowl as the blade sliced cleanly through his shoulder and he clutched at it in pain, dropping his shield in the process as the Necromancer flew off once more, cackling to himself.

"Orange!" Derpy cried out, dropping from the sky to intercept his hurting form. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine..." he grunted. Reaching into his pocket, he yanked out a small bottle that the pony could see was filled with a red liquid. Popping its cork off with his teeth, he spat it away and downed the drink with a chugging motion. With a bewildered expression, Derpy watched with astonishment as his wound began to heal until it was sealed up as well as it was before.

"Healing potion," he chuckled, picking his axe back up. He did so just in time to swing it behind himself, cleaving an approaching skeleton in two before it even had the chance to strike at him or Derpy. "Got any ideas on what to do now?" he asked next.

"No..." she sadly replied. "I've been trying to use my head, but with all these things running around at you guys, I just can't think right."

Then it struck her like lightning. "That's it!" she exclaimed, poking her helmet with a hoof. "I'll use my head!"

Before Orange could ask what she meant, Derpy took off into the air again, headed straight for the side of the battlefield where the Necromancer's flying shape wasn't facing. Once she was fully behind him, Derpy could see the unwitting warrior of evil still wasn't weary of her presence, most likely ignoring one whom he thought was not a threat. Mustering up all the strength and bravery she could, the pegasus bolted toward him and unleashed a defiant shout in an attempt to mimic what boisterous noises her knightly allies made on a regular basis. Then, with a physical feeling that sent a mighty tremor through her body, she hit him.

The Necromancer let out a cry that sounded more surprised than pained as the metal spike from the tip of Derpy's helmet erupted from his chest. His red eyes narrowing, he used his wings to shake himself about until Derpy was thrown off of himself, torn away from her helmet. Placing his hand on the spiked tip of the headgear, the Necromancer pushed it out slowly, letting it fall to the ground below as the hole in his chest slowly filled up with armor and whatever lied underneath it; mended by unearthly magics.

Clearly dazed, he drifted to the ground below in an effort to catch his breath, which was seen by Red from a short distance away as he wiped a bead of sweat from his large forehead. Formulating something in his less-than-sane mind, he looked to Papyrus nearby, who was just finishing fending away a few more attackers.

"Hey, Papyrus, this may be a bit of an odd question at an odd time, but by chance do you still have some of that leftover spaghetti from last night?" he inquired.

"UM... YEAH, I THINK," he responded, before motioning to the satchel on the ground behind him. "IT'S IN THE BAG OVER THERE!"

With a salute of thanks, Red ran to the bag and began to quickly sift through it. He looked around for a bit, but when he found what he was looking for, he promptly started to mash them together in an effort to make something new. While he worked fruitfully, Green stumbled nearby, finishing off a kobold skeleton wielding a scimitar by bashing its head in viciously with a rock, having lost his sword a few moments back in the ensuing chaos of the scuffle.

"Red, just what are you doing?" Green panted, taking a second off from the battle to look at his ever-vexing ally. Red, trading a mischievous glance back, shrugged his shoulders.

"Oh, nothing. Just making a beef-spaghetti sandwich!" he cried out, hoisting the object of which he spoke about into the air. As his friends and allies turned their views and gaped in awe of its awesome sight, the Necromancer, who sat in a kneeling position all the way across the battlefield, was also feeling something he hadn't felt since time immemorial.

Sudden, crippling fear.

"Hey, Necrophiliac! Guess what?!" the crimson warrior was practically screaming at the top of his lungs. "I've got a little surprise for you! And by little, I mean not little at all!"

With a savage bite, Red devoured a large chunk of the sandwich and tossed what little remained of it away. The moment his rapid chewing ceased and he swallowed his food, the knight let out a booming roar that could have shook the heavens themselves. Heaps of muscle and raw sinew formed and burst forth all over his body, and while his clothes and armor held perfectly, revealing no flesh in the process, his size increased dramatically. What was once a short individual was now a hulking brute whose beefed-up arms were flexed out and ready to bury themselves in the bodies of his enemies.

Grinning maliciously, Red looked ahead with an excited gaze. Upon spotting the Necromancer, he smiled and uttered only five words in a voice as deep and resonating as an earthquake before his assault formally started.

"I'm going to punch you!"

Kneeling over and getting into a racing stance, he kicked off from where he stood with a near-godly power, tearing up clumps of earth and rock in the process. A faint shockwave of force went out among Red's allies as he zoomed by them at a blinding speed, swatting away or trampling any skeleton that happened to be in his way, which was a lot considering how just about every single one was in front of him. The Necromancer only had enough time to shakily get to his feet when Red reared his fist of justice back and sent it at him.

The punch connected, impacting directly in the armored stomach of the Necromancer, lifting him from the air as the fist curled and turned upward. Coughing as the cannon-sized fist dug deep, hitting him in the already-damaged lungs, the Necromancer spat out black blood onto Red's fist. With a finishing swing and an animalistic roar, the punch threw the Necromancer away like a ragdoll, where he slammed into an old stone column nearly twenty feet away, breaking through it and sending both him and the rubble to the ground in a cloud of dust.

Pushing one of the giant pieces of the column off of him with a great deal of effort and a heavy thud, the Necromancer arose from the dirt and dusted himself off, only to be met with the shape of the crimson crusader whom did it to him when he looked forward.

"If you... if you think I am done, then you are wrong," he muttered defiantly, staring up at Red's hulking form. He quietly and slowly raised his sword in preparation to defend himself. While he did so, Red simply cracked his knuckles.

"What are you waiting for? Come at me," the Necromancer began again, beckoning Red to engage him. "Come at me with all you have, and meet your fate at the end of my blade."


The thunder of destroyed stone went out as the Necromancer was thrown through the front doorway of the castle, sending both doors off their hinges and scattering what was left of them across the room as measly pebbles. The Necromancer himself slid, flipped, and rolled about before finally sputtering to a stop, face held to the marble floor.

Entering the castle not far behind was Red and the others. The moment the Necromancer was thrust into the castle, all the skeletons behind them seemed to crumble and fall, his concentration on keeping them animated lost. With their enemy clearly defeated, as seen by how he was no longer moving, they had no trouble with entering the tower in a rather proud strut. Red himself started to shrink as he skipped up to the Necromancer, the effects of the sandwich wearing off and returning him to his previous size.

"Not so tough now, are ya?" he chuckled, remorselessly kicking the limp fiend in the thigh. The second Red did the deed, the Necromancer's eyes snapped open. Bellowing in a sore tone, he jumped to his feet before the now-startled group, and made a beeline forward in a limp.

"Get him!" Undyne exclaimed a few moments later, pointing a finger at him as he started to flee to the nearby spindly staircase. Without further instruction, everyone charged, giving chase to the knight in very-dented black armor.