• Published 7th Mar 2016
  • 1,822 Views, 127 Comments

Into That Wild Blue Yonder - CptBrony



A young man finds himself in a strange new land and explores the vast world of Equestria to find a way home.

  • ...
8
 127
 1,822

Red Sky at Morning

Red Sky At Morning

Yafid cleaned off his talons with one of the cloths sitting around the room. He always hated being dirty, which was ironic, given his career field.

He had been out of commission for three weeks. It would have been longer, had he not gotten lucky and found himself under the care of unicorn doctors from far to the west. They were out there for some service mission or some such nonsense.

Yafid simply had to buy his time until he was well enough to leave today. When he went to leave, they tried to take records of who he was and what he did, but he refused to give them the information. They tried to tell him they couldn’t let him leave until he told them what they were asking; if only they had an inkling of knowledge of who he was.

He didn’t feel like taking their nonsense, and so dealt with them as he pleased. He knew they had medical supplies and money that he could use, and so he took them without too much effort. They didn’t have guards, so when the doctors tried to fight back, it was easy for Yafid to take them down.

The town he was residing in never even heard the short struggle; Yafid was just too good at what he did to let them make a fuss. The town would find out eventually, but he would be long gone by the time that happened.

It was sad, really; had the young man not done what he did to Yafid and his stallions, these doctors might still be alive. The young man took his team, his friends, from him, when all he had to do was just surrender and prevent the unnecessary violence. The more he thought about it, the angrier Yafid became.

He was intent on taking that young man. Maybe he wouldn’t sell him; maybe he wouldn’t even keep him. But he was going to take that young man’s life from him, and he was going to enjoy it when he did.

Of course, given how long it had been, it would take time to find the young man. It wouldn’t be hard, of course; how easily could a travelling human hide from the public eye? It was just a matter of actually getting to him after his three week head start.

But that was what Yafid loved about this job; the chase, the pursuit of his prey was just too exciting not to get him going. And he knew the Tong wouldn’t have succeeded; it was just meant to delay him for a day or two. He knew the chase was still very much on.

With a heart of black and eyes of ice, Yafid left the building and the dead inside and flew off to pursue his revenge against the young man who had done so much damage to him.