• Published 8th Dec 2015
  • 835 Views, 20 Comments

Shattered Harmony: Starfall - NightmareTRXY32



Starlight wants revenge and will do anything to get it, even change the past and stop Twilight from meeting her friends and forming a conncection. Everything we do however small affects the future. Starlight doesnt see this , not at first, but soon.:

  • ...
7
 20
 835

Footsteps in the night

"Do you hear that?", an Equalist guard told the one next to him.

"No," Why do I always get the paranoid ones at this hour?, He didn't let his companion hear that last part. At least he hoped the stallion next to him didnt hear it, that was the last thing he needed on a night like this. He did miss certain things, but decided against thinking about them. Starlight had a way of severely punishing those that were deemed " Free Thinkers" to her plans at spreading Equality through the land of Eqeustria. What none of them realized though, was that this was her last night on this realm. The guard turned to the sound of footsteps, only to turn around and come face to face with a Pegasus with a rainbow Mane, and a Purple Alicorn.

He couldn't believe the sight in front of him though, it was Twilight. But she was supposedly missing or killed when Starlight had come back and overthrown the PRincesses. But it was her. He had to make sure that he wasn't going to be a target. After all, how would she feel if she attacked him, only to find out that she had attacked her own brother. Starlight had let Shining Armor retain his position as Captain of the Royal Guard. When she had taken power, she brought about so many improvements. Mostly to the military aspect of Equestria. They had a modern militarized force that could rival that of even Roam. The last war with that nation was nearly 1000 years ago. It wasn't long, the Equestrian Royal Army had managed to force the Roaman legions into a narrow pass near the sea of Gallopolay, which caused them to suffer massive amounts of casualities on their side. The Equestrians only lost fifteen squads of stallions compared to the fifty thousand that the Roamans had recklessly sent in there.

She looked as though she was going to cast a restraining spell, so he prepared himself for it. He nearly started to laugh when the spell did more to his companion guard, and nothing to him. As he saw the dumbstruck look on her face, he decided that was the best time to remove his helmet. Rainbow Dash was the first to nearly faint when she saw who it was that was standing in front of them. Twilight still had a confused look on her face.

"Sh..Shining?!?" she let out. She found her brother's left hoof covering her mouth. And yet she was still giving him that " How, what, WHY?" type of look she had always given him when they were younger. When she nodded she was calmed down, he removed his hoof from her muzzle and explained what happened as to why he was here.

"She let me keep my position, but I haven't seen anypony else afterwards. I've been on night duties most of the time, and haven't had the time to see how Cadence has been doing. We drifted apart after Starlight came back and took over, pushing her Equalist agenda through those with the same ideas that control seats in the Parliament." His gaze turned back to Rainbow Dash as he guided them to an abandoned building in the capitol. Most of the city in this area had remained deserted after Glimmer's party had come to power. Most of the ponies in this part of the city moved to either the Crystal Empire, or moved to other parts of Eqeustria.

"Why are you glaring at her Shiny, she helped me escape after I got back," Twilight was unsure of why her own brother would be glaring at Rainbow Dash. It wasn't because they were, or are, marefriends was it?

"A few nights ago, I started hearing a rumor that somepony was a Lunar Republic Loyalist, and yet was working with the rebels at the same time. Care to explain Rainbow?, I wonder how my sister would feel to see she had been in love with a traitor." Shining waited for Dash's response, but never got one. There was a commotion at the gates of the Palace. He told them to stay put while he went back to investigate. Twilight ignored him and followed Shining, much to both his like and annoyance. Both of them peered over the rampart of the castle tower they were close to and saw the most shocking thing.

A legion of Longma being led by a cloaked figure were storming the castle. She told him he had to tell Starlight, regardless of each of the others feelings on the matter. Shining hesitantly agreed and ran towards Celestia's old castle to warn Starlight while Twilight oped to stay behind and find out just who the cloaked figure leading the bat ponies was. As they stayed in the abandoned building, she turned to face Dash. She had the most painstricken look on her muzzle.

"I wasn't doing it to hurt you Twi, I swear,", Rainbow Dash could tell when her words were falling on deaf ears. Why, she thought, why did Luna have to put her in this position. She loved Twilight from the first moment they had met. She could see that there was something about her that pulled at Dash's heartstrings. Even after she became an alicorn there was something about her that just sang radiance. And now Dash was going to lose her, all because of her loyalties being twisted again and used against her to make a choice.

Twilight looked at her with utter disdain in her eyes now. She took off after her brother, leaving a broken hearted Rainbow to just sit there in the darkness of the structure. Rainbow had thought to follow her, but decided instead to do something else. She took to the air as fast as she could, fly towards Celestia's old castle. She had one goal on her mind. She was going to kill Starlight Glimmer for everything she had been put through. This caught Twilight's attention as she stopped to look up. Something in her heart was berating her for the way she had just talked down to Dash just now, something she had never imagined herself doing before. She flexed her wings and attempted to make the distance that was between them. She used her long range Teleportation spell to round it out.

But she was too late, she watched in shock as Dash performed A Sonic Rainboom within a rock's throw distance of the Castle. She also had line of sight to watch Rainbow Dash crash into and slam Starlight against the back of the tower where she was sleeping. Twilight teleported inside just in time to watch Rainbow slam her hooves into Starlight's chest. Starlight tried to use her magic, but found it being hampered by something. But Twilight noticed it. Dash was enveloped in an Anti Magic field. It was cancelling out Starlight's magic. Which evened the playing field in both Rainbow and Twilight's minds. Before any of them could react to the other. Starlight found herself being pulled to the edge of the balcony by a blueish and black looking magical aura. There standing before them was Princess Luna. She looked over at Twilight with a look of relief.

"I did not know you were still alive Twilight Sparkle,", blue coated alicorn lamented. Apparently they had all thought that Starlight had killed her when they were engaging in their battle. It was her will to get back to her friends that kept her going she told Luna. Before they could saying anything else, the Time Portal opened. Twilight told them that was her cue to leave. Luna wished her luck. Rainbow could only look away. Twilight walked over to her and kissed her, right in front of Luna.

"I forgive you, I will always love you." And with that she was gone. Rainbow Dash could only sit there and think to herself.

Go get her Twi.